- Item #: 345447Bottle Size: 750MLThe richest white Burgundy in the de Villaine stable, this Rully is an exercise in balance. Hazelnut and quince paste greet the nose, followed by a dense mouthful of ripe, succulent yellow fruits. Despite its voluptuousness, the wine is dry, fresh, very stony, and even salty
- Item #: 349988Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91STEPHEN TANZER, VINOUS 92 POINTS - "Pale bright yellow. Subtle scents of orange zest, flowers and high-pitched brown spices. Tangy and alive; less broad but more focused and intense than the Charmes. A lovely energetic Meursault with good saline minerality and extract. Finishes with a subtle, slowly building whiplash of a finish. This very fresh style of Genevri
- Item #: 345490Bottle Size: 750MLBenoit is the younger brother of Burgundy legend Arnaud Ente. Benoit began his career by growing fruit on half of his grandparent's domaine. After getting plenty of practice producing superior grapes for negociants, he parted ways with the relatives in 1997 to farm 9.55 acres of his own vineyards. His primary production is Chardonnay from the ACs of Puligny-Montrachet and Chassagne-Montrachet, but he also makes Bourgogne Blanc, Cremant, and Aligote. Benoit's hallmarks are purity, terroir, and low intervention, long elevage, and very little new oak. Benoit lets his fruit and soil do the winemaking.
- Item #: 345643Bottle Size: 750mlROBERT PARKER 90-92 POINTS: "The 2014 Chassagne-Montrachet Villages has a well defined, precise, almost Puligny-like bouquet with hints of white peach and citrus lemon - precise and detailed - impressive for a village cru. The palate is well balanced, elegant and refined in the mouth, hints of apricot and peach filtering through, but it is really based on the tension and spiciness towards the finish. This is excellent."
VINOUSMEDIA 89 POINTS: "(this bottling, made from multiple parcels, including some stony plots near Puligny-Montrachet, represents 40% of the estate's production in 2014): Pale yellow. Pure aromas of pear, yellow peach and yellow flowers. Ripe, sweet and fine-grained, with captivating minerality giving lift to the middle palate and carrying the classically dry finish."
BURGHOUND 89 POINTS: "Notes of petrol and resin add breadth to the mostly white orchard fruit-scented nose though there are background floral nuances present as well. The seductively textured and solidly intense medium-bodied flavors possess good mid-palate concentration along with fine depth on the balanced and persistent finale. This is really quite good for a villages level Chassagne and worth checking out plus it should reward a few years of cellar time too."
-- Stephen Tanzer
- Item #: 350690Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91-93Burghound: 90-92ROBERT PARKER 91-93 POINTS: "The 2015 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Vergers, which is a cuv
- Item #: 345022Bottle Size: 750MLThis is one of the finest white Burgundy estates, where the wine-making involves minimal interventions. It is run by Jean-Marc Blain and his wife Claudine, the daughter of Jacques Gagnard-Delagrange. The family owns some of the village
- Item #: 323112Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 94 - 96 POINTS - "The 2016 Chevalier-Montrachet Grand Cru has a detailed bouquet with attractive scents of almond and white chocolate tincturing the citrus fruit. The palate is well balanced with crisp acidity, quite cohesive and understated at first (like the Domaine Leflaive tasted earlier that day) with a sappy and convincing finish that is surfeit with minerals and a hint of tangerine. This is a very impressive, sophisticated Chevalier-Montrachet that I actually have a preference for over the La Cabotte this year."
VINOUS 92 - 95 POINTS - "Pale, light yellow. Lovely perfumed nose offers scents of crushed rock, lavender and rose, with some apple and fresh oak impinging. Wonderfully silky and creamy but lively in the mouth, with nicely integrated acidity energizing the lime leaf and tangerine zest flavors. Finishes very long and brisk. This is just beginning to express itself. According to winemaker Fr
- Item #: 345912Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93Burghound: 94Vinous Media: 94BURGHOUND 94 POINTS: " Mild notes of wood and reduction mask the underlying fruit though I can say that it appears to be ripe. Otherwise there is outstanding volume and concentration to the big-bodied and openly muscular flavors that exhibit evident power and punch on the hugely long finale. This is presently very compact and like the Perri
- Item #: 350936Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92Burghound: 91WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS: "Ripe and creamy, this white delivers peach, apple and lemon flavors, shaded by honey, vanilla and spice notes. Finishes with a hint of graphite. Drink now through 2024."
- Item #: 322665Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 93BURGHOUND 93 POINTS: "This too was quite heavily reduced and again I strongly recommend allowing this 30 minutes or so in a decanter first if you're going to crack a bottle young. The powerful and impressively concentrated broad-shouldered flavors brim with both sappy dry extract as well as plenty of minerality that suffuses the wonderfully complex and persistent finish. I wouldn't describe this as a typical Niellon Chevalier but it is certainly a dramatic and high-quality wine."
- Item #: 321340Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOUND 90-93 POINTS "OUTSTANDING" "Here the nose is not quite as refined but is a bit more complex with perfumed and cool aromas of primarily mineral reduction but there are also background nuances of lemon zest, iodine and algae. There is excellent density to the extract-rich flavors that possess outstanding length on the chiseled and highly energetic finish. This too should offer fine aging potential."
- Item #: 351749Bottle Size: 750mlBIODYNAMIC - "Ben takes a domaine philosophy, focused on establishing and maintaining contracts with growers who work for top quality vines and fruit rather than seeking prestigious appellations. Ben and his team carefully guide the vineyard work, for the most part carried out by the owners. Vines are plowed and are at least lutte raisonn
- Item #: 345839Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS -"Though still exhibiting the vibrant profile of the vintage, this white is harmonious and creamy in texture, featuring lemon cake, ripe apple, peach, spice and mineral flavors. Complex and balanced, this shows fine potential"
- Item #: 345704Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS: "The 2015 Pouilly Fuisse Hors Classe Menetrieres has a very composed bouquet with scents of white flower, dried apricot and honeysuckle, delicate aromas of yellow flower emerging from the glass later. The palate is well balanced with crisp acidity, vibrant and lightly spiced, fanning out beautifully and with style on the finish. This is a sophisticated and nuanced Pouilly-Fuiss
- Item #: 345705Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS : "The 2015 Pouilly Fuisse Hors Classe Tournant de Pouilly has a reserved, more stony, apply bouquet than its peers, shrugging off the warmth of the growing season. The palate is well balanced with crisp acidity, quite harmonious in the mouth with citrus lemon, passion fruit and apricot notes. This actually gets better as it goes along, the second half revealing very nuanced mineral notes and hints of yellow plum on the aftertaste. Delicious!"
DECANTER 92 POINTS: "From 50 year old vines that have, in 2015, produced a lovely wine with aromas of citron confit, subtle noisette, pear and wheat toast. The palate is glossy and textured, with a lovely concentrated core and crisp acidity."