Our 3,000 square feet underground temperature-controlled cellar now includes a selection of 10,000+ wines from many different wineries and vintages. This selection represents the world's finest growing regions from such diverse areas as California, Oregon, Washington, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Germany, Austria, New Zealand, Australia and Portugal.
- Item #: i_201480Bottle Size: 750mlWhile he has become known for his insanely delicious Petite Sirahs from Paso Robles, winemaker Aaron Jackson has recently expanded his portfolio and added some new flavors! AEQUOREA - which means "of the sea" in Latin - is focused on single vineyard wines from extreme coastal vineyards amidst San Luis Obispo County.
Making Viognier is always such a challenge for Aaron, in that he aims for a style so much different than what is typically produced in California. Instead, he strives to make a Viognier that showcases what can be done with the variety on the extremes of the coast where it struggles to ripen. At only 2 miles from the ocean in Pismo Beach, Spanish Springs is on the edge of where Viognier can be grown. Super aromatic, floral, and loaded with brightness and minerality, the 2018 features a racy profile of white stone fruit, snappy citrus, freshly cut pineapple, and an amazing finish. The strong beam of natural acidity gives it freshness for days.
- Item #: i_276470Bottle Size: 750mlBursting with aromatic white peach and orange blossom, this Rhone blend of Viognier and Roussanne offers succulent flavors of pineapple and creamy baked apple with a streak of minerality and a bright, honeysuckle finish. Pair with macadamia chicken with orange-ginger sauce and ahi poke. Drink now through 2025.
- Item #: i_350392Bottle Size: 750mlAn expressive and seductive wine. The nose evokes a basket of fruits gilded by the sun, apricot, quince, peach and citrus fruits. Some sweet notes of flowers (lilac, rose and violet) and honey make the whole set even more charming. The mouth is gourmand and fresh, a beautiful spicy power and a bitterness thirst quenches the final reflecting us the image of this vintage.
- Item #: i_214790Bottle Size: 750MLFragrant, alluring and exotic, Viognier is a rarity in Napa Valley. Darioush Signature Viognier expresses its inherently bright and vibrant character when grown from the cooler locales of Oak Knoll and Los Carneros where dense early morning fog and late afternoon breezes allow this delicate variety to ripen slowly and completely. The hallmark of Signature Viognier is its effusive floral aromatics and core of juicy stone fruit.
- Item #: i_214870Bottle Size: 750mlWinery's Tasting Notes: "Juicy peach, lemon oil and orange marmalade are supported with hints of flint and mineral notes. The palate is full bodied, with flavors of nectarine, buttered brioche and honey. The rich, complex flavors are cut with a touch of tannin and bright acidity on the long fresh finish."
- Item #: i_351594Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Alluring, with almond cream, white peach, yellow apple and Cavaillon melon flavors gliding through. The caressing finish has a light piecrust echo. Drink now through 2023."
- Item #: i_315000Bottle Size: 750MLJames Suckling: 93JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "Attractive, fresh apricots and white nectarines. White flowers, too. Very fresh and bright. The smooth and even palate has a very rich and concentrated core of apricots. Super-ripe and super-fresh. Drink or hold."
- Item #: i_364211Bottle Size: 750mlThis is that very elegant style of Viognier that you usually see from the French. Rightly so, since they are so close in proximity. Pure, floral, fresh and light to medium bodied, this sleek and lithe white aims to please. Good acidity and beautifully textured.
- Item #: i_383461Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI; VINOUS 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Age of Grace comes from purchased Viognier fruit from Elgin grown on rose quartz soil. It has a well defined bouquet of yellow plum, mirabelle, apricot blossom and subtle popcorn aromas. The palate is clean and precise with a fine line of acidity, hints of stem ginger complementing the tropical fruit (passion fruit and peach skin), and the finish is spicy and quite persistent. Excellent." Neal Martin
- Item #: i_350619Bottle Size: 750mlTiny, cultish, producer in Cote Rotie making around 800 cases per year, including a couple barrels of Condrieu.
Organically farmed vineyards located on the southern end of the appellation in the lieu-dit of "Cordeloux" on steep, primarily granitic soils.
The Condrieu is nicely phenolic in texture, and avoids the cloying quality that one often finds in this appellation. The richness of the wine is nicely balanced with an underlying acidity (he is clearly picking on the early side).
- Item #: i_252060Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91This delightful wine possesses a classic Viognier character, with heady aromas of nectarine, peach, citrus, gardenia and orange blossoms. On the palate, the wine is lush, round and oily, with a bright acidity that brings balance and lingering richness to the wine. Truly a gorgeous Viognier in line with their best vintages.
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2018 Viognier is fabulous. In fact, this vintage is one of the very best versions of this wine I can remember tasting. Rich and luscious with tons of varietal character, the 2018 conveys intensity with no excess weight. I loved it."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2018 Viognier comes from vines planted in 1993 and was made without new oak or malolactic. It sings of honey drizzled white peaches, poached pears and lychees with nuances of spice cake, coriander seed, paraffin wax and fresh hay. Medium to full-bodied, it has compelling freshness and a savory edge in the mouth, eventually giving way to the exuberant stone fruit and spicy flavors, finishing long with a refreshing kick. 1,249 cases produced."
- Item #: i_245060Bottle Size: 750mlAfter years of amazing and envious success with their red blend, Prisoner has finally a white wine! Keeping in line with their roots, they have sourced from prominent, high quality vineyards throughout California, and this is downright fantastic! Created to provide the perfect white wine companion to The Prisoner, Blindfold is bold and intriguing. In establishing our own spin on a white blend, winemaker Chrissy Wittmann and her team sought out interesting Rhone and aromatic varietals that would nicely compliment a classic Chardonnay base. Through partnering with growers who are dedicated to cultivating alternative varietals in their outstanding vineyards throughout California, the result is a wine that is complex and delicious.
A blend of Chardonnay, Roussanne, Viognier, and Muscat, Blindfold was created to provide the perfect white wine companion to The Prisoner, and is equally bold and intriguing. The wine possesses inviting aromas of lychee, stone fruit, citrus, apple pie, and peach. Full and balanced with a lengthy finish.
- Item #: i_252000Bottle Size: 750mlThe wines produced for the Premiere Napa Valley auction are the pinnacle of achievement in the Napa Valley, and it serves as a means not only to promote the Napa Valley, but the talents of vineyard managers and winemakers. Hi-Time attends this trade-only auction every February, and we secure wines that show exceptional quality vis-à-vis their price points. Progeny’s offering was the best white wine we had tasted at the auction in several years, and we just had to get our hands on it! Following the success of their winery located on Howell Mountain, Paul Wools and Betty O’Shaughnessy-Wools set their sights on Mount Veeder, located in the western mountains of the Napa Valley. While this new site is planted to Cabernet Sauvignon (just like their Howell Mountain property), they also planted several Rhône varietals, which they have found to give the wines exotic bouquets. They soon realized that the white Rhône grapes were not just thriving on their property, but the final wines were superb! Winemaker Sean Capiaux (who has also worked at Peter Michael, Jordan and Pine Ridge) comprised a unique blend of Marsanne, Roussanne and Viognier fermented in a mix of French oak barrels, concrete and stainless steel, with no secondary (malolactic) fermentation. The wine is bright and clean, with aromas of honeycomb, wet granite, oyster shells and sea spray before moving to apricots and orchard fruits. This is actually a white for the decanter, because after 20-30 minutes of air time the wine gains in weight and richness, and flavors of pear, Fuji apple, a hint of oak and toasted almonds appear. The versatility of this wine is amazing; drink it immediately upon opening and it is a perfect match for shellfish and white fish. Let it breath and it will pair nicely with lobster bisque and chicken dishes. It’s almost like it’s a perfect mix between a white Rhône and a Chablis. Wonderful!
- Item #: i_270050Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 45% Viognier, 45% Marsanne, and 10% Roussanne, Treana Blanc is a stunning example of a new world Rhone blend with aromas and flavors of pineapple, dried apricot, peach and Clementine orange that combine with floral notes of honeysuckle and elder flower. Sweet notes of marzipan, honey, graham cracker along with cinnamon and vanilla round out this complex, full-bodied and racy wine.
- Item #: i_377276Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "A blend of six vineyards, the 2017 Samuel's Collection Viognier boasts extravagant floral and apricot aromas that leap from the glass. It's a blend of barrel-fermented (in old hogsheads) and steel-fermented components that have a slightly creamy texture and layers of opulent fruit. It's a rich wine, but with sufficient balancing acidity to keep it refreshing and clean on the long finish. It should provide immense pleasure over the next few years."
In our opinion, this Viognier in particular has become the standard by which we judge all others at the surrounding price points. This wine is fermented entirely with indigenous yeasts which maintains complexity and layers of flavor. This is a delicate and aromatic Viognier wine. The color is pale gold with green highlights, with a nose of pure aromas displaying apricot nectar, lifted honeysuckle and orange oil perfume. The particularly white peach and apricot flavours, finishing with an aromatic citrus freshness. This wine will continue to grow and develop in the bottle, firstly showing enhanced apricots and spice, then after a couple of years, honey flavors and toast.
- Item #: i_377377Bottle Size: 750MLMost probably are unaware that the folks at Yalumba have established themselves as one of the World's leading producers of Viognier. Through years of planting different clones in various soil types and thoughtful experimentation, Yalumba has figured out how to produce the best possible Viognier wines. Their "Y Series" impresses with its distinctive nose of honeysuckle, lemon and lychee that continues on to a medium-bodied and flavorful palate that's delicious and quite light on its feet. Definitely one of the best examples of Viognier you're likely to come across at the price point.
- Item #: i_295740Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "This is a strong set of releases from Zotovich. After a few years of back and forth, Zotovich seems to have settled on a style that works well for the site and their wines. The wines are consistent from top to bottom."
"The 2017 Viognier is done in a bright, floral style that emphasizes freshness. Jasmine and apricot notes are nicely delineated throughout. Light on its feet and impeccably balanced, the 2017 offers quite a bit of character and personality."