Our 3,000 square feet underground temperature-controlled cellar now includes a selection of 10,000+ wines from many different wineries and vintages. This selection represents the world's finest growing regions from such diverse areas as California, Oregon, Washington, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Germany, Austria, New Zealand, Australia and Portugal.
- Item #: i_201480Bottle Size: 750mlWhile he has become known for his insanely delicious Petite Sirahs from Paso Robles, winemaker Aaron Jackson has recently expanded his portfolio and added some new flavors! AEQUOREA - which means "of the sea" in Latin - is focused on single vineyard wines from extreme coastal vineyards amidst San Luis Obispo County.
Making Viognier is always such a challenge for Aaron, in that he aims for a style so much different than what is typically produced in California. Instead, he strives to make a Viognier that showcases what can be done with the variety on the extremes of the coast where it struggles to ripen. At only 2 miles from the ocean in Pismo Beach, Spanish Springs is on the edge of where Viognier can be grown. Super aromatic, floral, and loaded with brightness and minerality, the 2018 features a racy profile of white stone fruit, snappy citrus, freshly cut pineapple, and an amazing finish. The strong beam of natural acidity gives it freshness for days.
- Item #: i_276470Bottle Size: 750mlBursting with aromatic white peach and orange blossom, this Rhone blend of Viognier and Roussanne offers succulent flavors of pineapple and creamy baked apple with a streak of minerality and a bright, honeysuckle finish. Pair with macadamia chicken with orange-ginger sauce and ahi poke. Drink now through 2025.
- Item #: i_214790Bottle Size: 750MLFragrant, alluring and exotic, Viognier is a rarity in Napa Valley. Darioush Signature Viognier expresses its inherently bright and vibrant character when grown from the cooler locales of Oak Knoll and Los Carneros where dense early morning fog and late afternoon breezes allow this delicate variety to ripen slowly and completely. The hallmark of Signature Viognier is its effusive floral aromatics and core of juicy stone fruit.
- Item #: i_214870Bottle Size: 750mlWinery's Tasting Notes: "Juicy peach, lemon oil and orange marmalade are supported with hints of flint and mineral notes. The palate is full bodied, with flavors of nectarine, buttered brioche and honey. The rich, complex flavors are cut with a touch of tannin and bright acidity on the long fresh finish."
- Item #: i_220320Bottle Size: 750MLJeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "The 2015 Viognier Lia (which is now called Wild Mountainside) is another beautiful Viognier. Tangerine oil, orange blossom, salty minerality, and spice give way to a rich, fat, opulent white that has good acidity, fabulous purity and a great finish. It develops more citrus and white flower notes with time in the glass and is a great Viognier."
- Item #: i_334207Bottle Size: 750MLChef-turned-Winemaker Francois Villard's "Les Contours de Deponcins" VdP is an exceptional value from grapes grown just outside of the appellation on his 12 hectare estate. A true classic, this 100% Viognier pairs perfectly with soft shell crab. Viognier's purest expression arguably comes from the Northern Rhone's Condrieu AOP. This village is one of the smallest in France producing miniscule quantities of seductive, aromatic white wine at high prices. Chef-turned-Winemaker Francois Villard's "Les Contours de Deponcins" VdP is an exceptional value from grapes grown just outside of the appellation on his 12 hectare estate. A true classic, this 100% Viognier pairs perfectly and effortlessly with soft shells, pad thai and roasted white meats.
- Item #: i_351594Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Alluring, with almond cream, white peach, yellow apple and Cavaillon melon flavors gliding through. The caressing finish has a light piecrust echo. Drink now through 2023."
- Item #: i_352929Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine takes its name “Le pied de Samson” ‘Samson’s foot’ from regional folklore, which tells of a giant, Samson who with one foot on either bank of the river Rhône bent down to drink from the river and quench his thirst. One of these giant footprints remains today and is situated just a stone’s throw from our estate. This cuvée presents the viognier in its original form, with expressions of indulgent fruits and freshness.
- Item #: i_315000Bottle Size: 750MLJames Suckling: 93JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "Attractive, fresh apricots and white nectarines. White flowers, too. Very fresh and bright. The smooth and even palate has a very rich and concentrated core of apricots. Super-ripe and super-fresh. Drink or hold."
- Item #: i_364211Bottle Size: 750mlThis is that very elegant style of Viognier that you usually see from the French. Rightly so, since they are so close in proximity. Pure, floral, fresh and light to medium bodied, this sleek and lithe white aims to please. Good acidity and beautifully textured.
- Item #: i_274490Bottle Size: 750mlRussell From is the owner, winemaker, and sole employee of Herman Story wines. Russell is talented in the cellar, and has a keen eye for what a vineyard can and cannot do. What does this mean?...It means you have one of the more talented winemakers from Paso Robles and Santa Barbara bringing some of the most exciting wines!
We like to think of this wine as an alternative for California Chardonnay drinkers. It has the weight and heft of Chardonnay, but with a completely different set of flavors and tactile sensations. The Tom Boy is 100% Viognier from Bien Nacido and Larner Vineyards in Santa Barbara County that was aged for 9 months in 100% new French oak.
It has a lovely straw/gold color with aromas and flavors of citrus rinds, apricots, white flowers, white tea, almond oil, and lots of glycerin. Rich, fragrant (as only Viognier can be), and decadent, this doubles as the the perfect beginning or end to a meal! Only 407 Cases Made!
- Item #: i_383461Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI; VINOUS 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Age of Grace comes from purchased Viognier fruit from Elgin grown on rose quartz soil. It has a well defined bouquet of yellow plum, mirabelle, apricot blossom and subtle popcorn aromas. The palate is clean and precise with a fine line of acidity, hints of stem ginger complementing the tropical fruit (passion fruit and peach skin), and the finish is spicy and quite persistent. Excellent." Neal Martin
- Item #: i_276932Bottle Size: 750mlWhat we love about the Rhône varietals is that they are just so versatile! Not only in regards to how well they thrive in almost any part of California, but also how well they pair with a variety of food! Winemaker Stacy Vogel combines old world techniques with modern technology so the wines reflect the unique characteristics of the individual vineyard, or terroir.
Aromatically complex with citrus and honeysuckle notes on the nose and a plush feel on the palate, our Viognier consistently displays a fine balance of neutral acidity and intense concentration.
- Item #: i_249990Bottle Size: 750mlThis is a wine that is characterized by notes of bright honeysuckle and orange blossom with hints of jasmine, apple and citrus zest. The lively entry leading to a mid-palate weight and a lengthy finish, makes this wine perfect with food or on its own.
- Item #: i_350619Bottle Size: 750mlTiny, cultish, producer in Cote Rotie making around 800 cases per year, including a couple barrels of Condrieu.
Organically farmed vineyards located on the southern end of the appellation in the lieu-dit of "Cordeloux" on steep, primarily granitic soils.
The Condrieu is nicely phenolic in texture, and avoids the cloying quality that one often finds in this appellation. The richness of the wine is nicely balanced with an underlying acidity (he is clearly picking on the early side).
- Item #: i_245060Bottle Size: 750mlAfter years of amazing and envious success with their red blend, Prisoner has finally a white wine! Keeping in line with their roots, they have sourced from prominent, high quality vineyards throughout California, and this is downright fantastic! Created to provide the perfect white wine companion to The Prisoner, Blindfold is bold and intriguing. In establishing our own spin on a white blend, winemaker Chrissy Wittmann and her team sought out interesting Rhone and aromatic varietals that would nicely compliment a classic Chardonnay base. Through partnering with growers who are dedicated to cultivating alternative varietals in their outstanding vineyards throughout California, the result is a wine that is complex and delicious.
A blend of Chardonnay, Roussanne, Viognier, and Muscat, Blindfold was created to provide the perfect white wine companion to The Prisoner, and is equally bold and intriguing. The wine possesses inviting aromas of lychee, stone fruit, citrus, apple pie, and peach. Full and balanced with a lengthy finish.
- Item #: i_252000Bottle Size: 750mlThe wines produced for the Premiere Napa Valley auction are the pinnacle of achievement in the Napa Valley, and it serves as a means not only to promote the Napa Valley, but the talents of vineyard managers and winemakers. Hi-Time attends this trade-only auction every February, and we secure wines that show exceptional quality vis-à-vis their price points. Progeny’s offering was the best white wine we had tasted at the auction in several years, and we just had to get our hands on it! Following the success of their winery located on Howell Mountain, Paul Wools and Betty O’Shaughnessy-Wools set their sights on Mount Veeder, located in the western mountains of the Napa Valley. While this new site is planted to Cabernet Sauvignon (just like their Howell Mountain property), they also planted several Rhône varietals, which they have found to give the wines exotic bouquets. They soon realized that the white Rhône grapes were not just thriving on their property, but the final wines were superb! Winemaker Sean Capiaux (who has also worked at Peter Michael, Jordan and Pine Ridge) comprised a unique blend of Marsanne, Roussanne and Viognier fermented in a mix of French oak barrels, concrete and stainless steel, with no secondary (malolactic) fermentation. The wine is bright and clean, with aromas of honeycomb, wet granite, oyster shells and sea spray before moving to apricots and orchard fruits. This is actually a white for the decanter, because after 20-30 minutes of air time the wine gains in weight and richness, and flavors of pear, Fuji apple, a hint of oak and toasted almonds appear. The versatility of this wine is amazing; drink it immediately upon opening and it is a perfect match for shellfish and white fish. Let it breath and it will pair nicely with lobster bisque and chicken dishes. It’s almost like it’s a perfect mix between a white Rhône and a Chablis. Wonderful!
- Item #: i_257770Bottle Size: 750mlOwner/winemaker Curt Schalchlin is the owner and only employee of Sans Liege Wines. After several years learning from and working for some of the Central Coast's most sought-after producers, Curt decided to go his own way. He has rapidly made a name for himself within the "Cal-Rhone Community" as one of the hot new producers of Syrahs, Grenaches, Viognier, and blends. His "Groundwork" lineup represents one heck of a value, and the Sans Liege wines really showcase his abilities.
The Cotes du Coast bottling is Curt's take on a white Rhone blend. Comprised of 33% Viognier, 26% Roussanne, 22% Grenache Blanc, 11% Marsanne, and 8% Clairette, the wine was fermented in both new and used French oak barrels.
- Item #: i_270050Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 45% Viognier, 45% Marsanne, and 10% Roussanne, Treana Blanc is a stunning example of a new world Rhone blend with aromas and flavors of pineapple, dried apricot, peach and Clementine orange that combine with floral notes of honeysuckle and elder flower. Sweet notes of marzipan, honey, graham cracker along with cinnamon and vanilla round out this complex, full-bodied and racy wine.