- Item #: i_200005Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2017 A to Z Oregon Pinot Gris offers beautiful floral aromas reminiscent of jasmine, elderflower and white roses along with complex fruit notes of nectarine, melon, pear, yellow plums and yellow apples, lemon, lime, even grapefruit zest and a touch of guava, clover honey and handmade marshmallows. The wine is lush and layered on the palate structured with moderate acidity and alcohol. The finish is layered and fresh, with a lingering pear and spice note. The structure and complexity of the 2017 A to Z Pinot Gris make this a perennial choice for all food pairings, especially seafood, chicken, spicy cuisine and even street tacos!
- Item #: i_200960Bottle Size: 750mlThe Revana Vineyard is located in the Dundee Hills appellation of Oregon’s Willamette Valley. This unique appellation is marked by distinct geographic elements that effectively insulate this region from the dramatic weather variations experienced in other nearby growing areas. True to the appellation, Alexana's 80-acre property possesses an incredibly diverse and complex series of soils and exposures. Located between 360 and 640 feet above sea level, the site has eighteen soil types spread over a combination of rolling hills, steep slopes and some rugged terrain.
Stunning and bright, the Alexana 2014 Riesling is clean, crisp and austere - almost Alsatian-style Riesling. Abounding with green apple and loads of minerals, the texture is rich and expansive. Grapefruit, honeysuckle and a hint of petrol come together to create a complex wine with intense layers and brilliant acidity, perfect for pairing with spicy food.
- Item #: i_201020Bottle Size: 750mlPrisme is the truest expression of the Pinot Noir grape. Anne Amie selects only their finest blocks of Pinot noir and gently press the grapes, liberating the free run juice, but not the color or tannins from the skins. It is then barrel-fermented, and aged on its lees in French oak barrels for 18 months. This structured white wine has a backbone of acidity, a voluptuous mid-palate and along, creamy finish. Prismé is named after the word prism - the splitting of white light into its corresponding colors. Anne Amie is doing precisely that in reverse, making a rich, textured white wine from Pinot noir.
The Prisme starts with 100% Pinot noir free run juice that is settled and racked into barrels. It is entirely barrel-fermented in French oak puncheons; lees stirred, allowed partial malolactic fermentation (around 80%) and then aged on its lees for 18 months before bottling.
The aromas is this wine begin with baked apples, fennel, vanilla bean, elderflower, cardamom, candied ginger, creme brulee, then moves to flavors of ripe pears, graham cracker, nutmeg, lemon meringue, and ripe fig, with a lingering finished laced with creamy acidity.
- Item #: i_201065Bottle Size: 750mlAromas of Bartlett pear, gardenia, white peach, white tea, jasmine, graham cracker, and straw mix with precise flavors of Asian pear, white fig, white peach, white strawberry, and fennel flowers. The finish is dry, long, and acid driven for extra freshness!
- Item #: i_201095Bottle Size: 750mlThe name Amrita comes from the Buddhist equivalent of ambrosia, or a wine of the gods. Anne Amie's Amrita is a unique inspiration each harvest, crafted from different varieties to be an effervescent, fruit-forward wine. It makes a delightful aperitif and is a great match with Pan-Asian foods.
A blend of Riesling, Pinot Blanc, Muller-Thurgau, Viognier, Gewurztraminer, and Chardonnay, this refreshing white blend offers up aromas of guava, mandarin, jasmine flower, cherimoya, citrus blossom, and ginger. Flavors of white strawberry, lychee, nectarine, honeysuckle, quince, and green pineapple, leads to a mineral driven and effervescent finish.
- Item #: i_203000Bottle Size: 250mlSnappy White, a Washington State Riesling based blend has a touch of sweetness and weight that finishes with refreshing acidity. This balanced white delivers notes of green apple and Asian pear, making it perfect for cocktail hour or with spicy summer dishes.
- Item #: i_207740Bottle Size: 750mlThis Riesling was fermented on the skins and then remained on the skins for ten days of extended maceration. This gave the wine heightened color (orange tones) as well as more of the unique spiciness that Riesling is known for. Bannister put it through full malo-lactic fermentation which gives it increased balance against the intensity of the extracted skin tannins. Early flavor profiles of the Riesling are Quince, Pomello, tart apple, and all spice. It continues to evolve with bottle aging. This Riesling has great food pairing capabilities, especially with spicy dishes, where most wines have limitations.
- Item #: i_264020Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90James Suckling: 90Wine Enthusiast: 91Jeb Dunnuck: 92JEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - "Even more vivid and pure than the base Riesling from Ste. Michelle, the 2017 Riesling Eroica boasts a light gold color as well as notes of crushed lime, sugared mint, crushed rocks, and exotic flowers. With a more off-dry style, it's textured, balanced, and beautifully layered on the palate. As in most years, it’s one of the top expressions of Riesling in the United States."
JAMES SUCKLING 90 POINTS, WINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS, WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS
- Item #: i_210710Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "Floral and pretty, with compelling nectarine and spiced pear flavors that dance on the finish."
- Item #: i_211120Bottle Size: 750mlThe youthful nature of this Riesling delivers bright, floral aromas and a mouthful of citrus fruit, ripe white peaches, and apple. The wine leaves the palate with a dry yet lingering finish. Its solid structure makes the 2018 Dry Riesling a perfect wine to pair with a wide variety of cuisine. Match this wine up with grilled salmon, chicken, vegetables, and even fruit.
- Item #: i_211110Bottle Size: 750mlAt this point in its young life, it is light straw in color and boasts bright tropical notes of pineapple and guava. The lively, crisp-apple acidity on the finish provides a nice balance to a lush and creamy texture on the palate. This is their thirty-sixth consecutive vintage of Dry Gewurztraminer, and one of the best!
- Item #: i_213960Bottle Size: 750mlDr. Konstantin Frank ignited the “Vinifera Revolution”, a movement that forever changed the course of wine growing in the Finger Lakes and the United States. Dr. Frank’s vision, knowledge and determination are credited with elevating the New York wine industry from a state of happy mediocrity to a level that today commands world attention. Located on Keuka lake in the Finger Lakes region, Dr. Konstantin Frank Wines features some of the oldest vinifera vines in the United States and continues to produce wines of distinction and quality.
WINERY TASTING NOTES" Characters of Macintosh apple, citrus with a hint of almond. The wine has a broad palate with a long finish and an elegant mousse. Mouthfeel is creamy and profound."
- Item #: i_216390Bottle Size: 750mlAn expressive style with dominant characters of minerality, grapefruit, lime and soft apricot. The crisp lime-driven acidity enhances the distinct Keuka Lake minerality, rounded by stone fruit and ginger. Our Riesling finishes long and mouthwatering balanced perfectly with a slightly weighty texture.
- Item #: i_223410Bottle Size: 750mlDazzling silver-gold in color, on the nose there are intense mineral aromas of shale, gravel and limestone, combined with notes of white flower, golden apple, peach and lemon oil. A focused burst of acidity hits the palate, followed by flavors of fresh apricot, lime and grapefruit pith, all leading to a weighty, savory mineral finish.
- Item #: i_227900Bottle Size: 750mlIt features a bright nose of succulent pear, wisps of jasmine and orange blossoms, lifted by a fresh burst of lemony citrus with a ginger and coriander-laced spiciness. The rounded mouthfeel carries some weight but feels vibrantly light with a refreshing, mineral driven crispness and solid acidity supporting flavors of spiced pear, clementine, white blossoms, and green apple, that lead into a long, coriander tinged finish. Ready to drink on release, this classic Rhinefarm Gewurztraminer will continue to develop complexity up to seven years from vintage.
- Item #: i_228510Bottle Size: 750mlThe new vintage of Harper Voit Pinot Blanc is here. For the fans of the 2017, the new vintage will not disappoint. Drew Voit is the former winemaker and vineyard manager of Shea Cellars. Drew is now focusing on his own wines, making small amounts of Riesling, Pinot Blanc and Pinot Noir. There are only 300 cases of the new Pinot Blanc. With a little over 200 acres of Pinot Blanc planted in the Willamette Valley there is not a lot of Pinot Blanc around. Drew sources fruit from two vineyards: Amity Vineyard in Eola Amity Hills and Meredith Mitchell in McMinnville. The wine is barrel fermented in used French oak and aged surlie. Pinot Blanc will not blow you away with a powerful nose (like a Chardonnay or Viognier), but they can be exceptionally aromatic and very interesting. Reflecting the beautiful vintage, the fruit quality of the wine is bright, accompanied by laser-like acidity, honeyed aromatics, a savory, complex mid-palate showing good stone fruit, and a lengthy, saline, crisp and clean finish.
- Item #: i_232750Bottle Size: 750MLThis Pinot Gris has an enticing bouquet of Fuji apple, ripe cantaloupe, and apricot. The crisp, clean mouthfeel is bursting with flavors of lemon and lime. A hint of kiwi and sweet orange blossom honey on the palate complements the fruit and acid. The lingering finish invites you to relax and enjoy another taste. In fact, it is the perfect sipper when entertaining with friends. This layered and well-balanced wine is a great accompaniment to a variety of foods, from Japan and Mexico, to India and China, all accented with a variety of spices.
There are several vineyards at J Vineyards & Winery that are overseen by Viticulturist John Erbe. The soil of the Russian River Valley AVA is diverse, and the climate is coastal with a long growing season perfect for Pinot noir and Chardonnay, a few of the varieties that are grown on the J Vineyards Estate. Sustainability is a key practice at the vineyard where agricultural practices such as minimal intervention, cover crops, night harvest, and hand harvesting are employed to encourage the growth of the crops. Vineyards and Winery has nine vineyards in the Russian River Valley.
- Item #: i_211510Bottle Size: 750mlIn the glass, the 2016 Dry Riesling shows aromatics of stone fruit and herbal citrus zest. The palate has great texture displaying notes of pear, mint and petrol. The finish is long, showing salinity and a laser beam-like focus.
- Item #: i_275539Bottle Size: 750mlMacMurray Estate Vineyards Russian River Valley Pinot Gris has an expressive, perfumed nose and offers layered aromas of white flowers, Asian pear and baked apple. Signature white peach, ginger and dried fig notes appear on the palate, where a rich mouthfeel softens refreshing acidity. The lingering finish is polished by satin-like texture in a wine that will enhance with age.
- Item #: i_251160Bottle Size: 750mlPike Road Pinot Gris is made from 100% Willamette Valley fruit. Primarily grown on their estate vineyards, the wine also includes smaller lots of fruit grown by their longtime, trusted partners in the Willamette Valley. They believe this "multi-vineyard" approach results in a more complex, flavorful wine. All the fruit for Pike Road Pinot Gris is hand-picked and gently pressed. The juice is then cold fermented in small stainless steel tanks to preserve its delicate aromatics, and finished with a screw-cap so that it tastes as fresh as the day it was bottled.
Aromas of tropical fruit, early peach and lemon meringue pie lead to a juicy, refreshing mouthful of citrus, lychee and baking spice. A subtle suggestion of woodsy autumn leaves complements a rich and rounded texture that ends with a zip of tart green apple.
- Item #: i_251310Bottle Size: 750mlPine Ridge has one of the most solid portfolios in California crafting flavorful Cabernets, Merlots, and Chardonnays; but what often strikes us most is their Chenin Blanc - Viognier blend! This wine has been one of our perennial favorites for years. It is a rather unconventional blend, but once you taste the flavors and the refreshing qualities of the wine, we know you'll be hooked just as we have been!
Pine Ridge's winemaker Michael Beaulac likes the Chenin Blanc harvested early to maintain its bright acidity, while Viognier brings its signature fragrant bouquet. The 2018 bottling of this distinctive blend opens with a dazzling spectrum of fruit and floral aromas, from crisp white peach, honeyed pear and sweet mango, to touches of fresh jasmine blossom and white chai tea. Filled with bright and juicy fruits, the palate flaunts flavors of succulent white nectarine, candied pineapple, green fig and subtle grapefruit. The crisp and slightly off-dry flavor profile lasts well through the clean and refreshing finish.
- Item #: i_251460Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 91ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 91 POINTS - "Very pale, bright straw-yellow. Subtle stone fruits, orange zest and ginger on the bracing nose, plus a trace of medicinal herbs. Shows a distinct sweetness on entry, then the firm acidity and spiciness take over in the middle palate, enlivening the very pure stone fruit and ripe citrus flavors. Much better than an earlier sample I tasted at the winery, which showed a more intrusive Chartreuse herbal note that seemed a bit raw. This is sappy, ripe and delicious right now but has the stuffing to gain in complexity with bottle age. Incidentally, Gilles Nicault poured a bottle of the 2010 release next to the '18 and it was still in excellent shape, beginning with a bright, pale, green-tinged yellow color. It offered fresh aromas of lime, saffron and resiny herbs, and on the palate was dense but juicy, with ginger and medicinal herb notes that struck me as quite Germanic.) (12.5% alcohol; 40% from Geisenheim clones in the Benches, 38% from a 1972 planting in Dionysus vineyard, and the rest from Yakima Valley fruit that Gilles Nicault likes for its acidity and citrus character; 3.05 pH with 11 g/l r.s.)"
- Item #: i_251710Bottle Size: 750mlFor over a decade, Pinot Noir has been the crown jewel (if you will) of Oregon's wine growing regions. And while that's fine and dandy, it's kind of a bummer that their Pinot Gris is somewhat overlooked. Pinot Gris (also known as Pinot Grigio in Italy) is Oregon’s most widely planted white wine grape, and most can be purchased right under that $15 mark, making them the best value over any other type of white wine out of the state!
For more than three decades, Ponzi has been one of the most consistent producers of quality Pinot Gris in Oregon. They are wonderful stewards of the land, as they employ sustainable farming practices, and have been certified LIVE by the Oregon program for Low Input Viticulture and Enology (this certification recognizes compliance with specific sustainable agricultural practices and products)