- Item #: i_200005Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2016 A to Z Oregon Pinot Gris offers beautiful floral aromas reminiscent of jasmine, elderflower and white roses along with complex fruit notes of nectarine, melon, pear, yellow plums and yellow apples, lemon, lime, even grapefruit zest and a touch of guava, clover honey and handmade marshmallows. The wine is lush and layered on the palate structured with moderate acidity and alcohol. The finish is layered and fresh, with a lingering pear and spice note. The structure and complexity of the 2016 A to Z Pinot Gris make this a perennial choice for all food pairings, especially seafood, chicken, spicy cuisine and even street tacos!
- Item #: i_276771Bottle Size: 750mlAu Bon Climat is a Burgundy centric winery, meaning if the grapes aren't grown in Burgundy, then Au Bon Climat doesn't make that type of wine. Wineries in Burgundy are limited to Aligote, Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc and Chardonnay for white wines. Starting in 1990 Au Bon Climat made Pinot Blanc from old vines planted at Bien Nacido. Pinot Gris was planted at Bien Nacido, after experimental planting showed favorable results, in 1994. Their first Pinot Gris, the 1995 vintage, was made from these small experimental plantings.
A blend of 60% Pinot Gris and 40% Pinot Blanc, this dry white shows notes of citrus lemon/lime notes, flinty minerality, and a crisp finish. In the mouth the wine is rich and textural, from the time spent on lees in the barrel. This is a great match with shellfish of any kind, or richer white meats such as turkey or duck.
- Item #: 201085Bottle Size: 750mlJuicy, fruit-driven aromas of orange blossom, white pepper, ripe pear, and hints of graham cracker. On the palate, yellow plum, meringue, vanilla wafer, cherimoya emerge, leading you to a long, full, and mineral-driven finish.
- Item #: 201080Bottle Size: 750mlAnne Amie's Estate Riesling from vineyards directly in front of their winery includes the original 1979 planting. High sun exposure and unique soils yield an intensely perfumed and expressive wine exhibiting pure varietal character. Aromas of jasmine flower, marmalade, key lime, lemondrops, coriander, nutmet, and starfruit lead to flavors of stone fruits, Granny Smith apple, candied lemon peen, pineapple, and a pleasing minerality. The fresh acidity and long finish mean you can enjoy watching this wine develop for years.
- Item #: 201020Bottle Size: 750mlPrisme is the truest expression of the Pinot Noir grape. Anne Amie selects only their finest blocks of Pinot noir and gently press the grapes, liberating the free run juice, but not the color or tannins from the skins. It is then barrel-fermented, and aged on its lees in French oak barrels for 18 months. This structured white wine has a backbone of acidity, a voluptuous mid-palate and along, creamy finish. Prism
- Item #: i_201095Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of Riesling, Pinot Blanc, Muller-Thurgau, Gewurztraminer, and Chardonnay, this refreshing white blend offers up aromas of elderflower, starfruit, Ranier cherry, lemon drops, quince and a hint of shortbread. Flavors of white strawberry, kumquat, and golden raspberry, lead to a slightly spicy, off-dry, mineral driven and effervescent finish.
- Item #: i_210490Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 99Vinous Media: 97ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "A blend of 78% Cabernet Sauvignon, 14% Petit Verdot and 8% Malbec, the deep garnet-purple colored 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Pritchard Hill has gone a little reticent at this stage, offering quiet notions of blackberry pie and blueberry tart with sparks of dried herbs, earth and savory/meaty suggestions. Full-bodied, rich and concentrated with a built-like-a-brick-house structure framing the massive fruit, it finishes long with exotic spices coming through."
ANTONIO GALLONI 96+ POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Pritchard Hill is dense, powerful and voluptuous in the glass, and yet it very much retains a classic sense of structure that is one of the signatures of Chappellet wines. Dark red-toned fruit, licorice, smoke, dark spice and dried flowers all meld together. Sumptuous and forward, with terrific depth, the 2015 has a lot to offer. The 100% new French oak is beautifully integrated, even at this early stage. A year ago, the 2015 was hugely tannic. Since then, the tannins have softened and the 2015 has developed into a much more elegant wine."
- Item #: i_264020Bottle Size: 750mlEroica Riesling offers sweet lime and mandarin orange aromas with subtle mineral notes. The mouth-watering acidity is beautifully balanced by flavorful Washington Riesling fruit. Eroica is a blended statement of the finest Riesling vineyards in the state.
- Item #: i_210710Bottle Size: 750MLThis 2016 version of Pinot Gris encompasses a flawlessly pristine vintage, picked at the peak of ripeness and acid balance, showing aromatic complexity and exuberance. There are yellow to white blossoms, juicy Asian pear and lifted spicy notes of ginger and white pepper on the nose. The palate is crisp, showing stone fruit, lemongrass and talc. With great acid tension, fleshiness and a viscous yet supple texture, this wine is perhaps reminiscent of a warm summer day cooling down to a light breezy night.
- Item #: 211120Bottle Size: 750mlThe youthful nature of this Riesling delivers bright, floral aromas and a mouthful of citrus fruit, ripe white peaches, and apple. The wine leaves the palate with a dry yet lingering finish. Its solid structure makes the 2016 Dry Riesling a perfect wine to pair with a wide variety of cuisine. Match this wine up with grilled salmon, chicken, vegetables, and even fruit.
- Item #: 211110Bottle Size: 750mlClaiborne & Churchill first wine from 2017 fall’s harvest to be bottled and released, this signature wine of Claiborne & Churchill is welcome indeed, since the supply of the 2016 is all but gone. At this point in its young life, it is light straw in color and boasts bright tropical notes of pineapple and guava. The lively, crisp-apple acidity on the finish provides a nice balance to a lush and creamy texture on the palate. This is their thirty-fifth consecutive vintage of Dry Gewürztraminer, and one of the best!
- Item #: 213780Bottle Size: 750MLCristom Vineyards has produced an estate-grown Pinot Gris since 1996 after the first vines of the 5-acre (2.06 hectare) vineyard were planted in 1993. Planted at a very high density, vines sit on a gentle east-facing slope that extends to the bottom of the property. The sustainably farmed estate fruit is hand harvested and hand sorted.
- Item #: 216390Bottle Size: 750mlROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "The 2016 Dry Riesling comes in with just five grams per liter of residual sugar, 7.4 of total acidity and 12% alcohol. From old vines (planted in 1958 on a hillside at Keuka Lake), this is a Dry Riesling with a lot of energy, fine focus and excellent concentration. This tightly-wound Riesling combines structure and fine fruit perfectly. The fruit is expressive, fresh and aromatic. The tension on the finish allows it to linger nicely. There's a bit of steel underneath. Dr. Frank is right on the mark here, all for a very nice price. It is a can't-miss bargain. It should age pretty well and it will likely be better this time next year."
- Item #: i_227900Bottle Size: 750mlIt features a bright nose of succulent pear, wisps of jasmine and orange blossoms, lifted by a fresh burst of lemony citrus with a ginger and coriander-laced spiciness. The rounded mouthfeel carries some weight but feels vibrantly light with a refreshing, mineral driven crispness and solid acidity supporting flavors of spiced pear, clementine, white blossoms, and green apple, that lead into a long, coriander tinged finish. Ready to drink on release, this classic Rhinefarm Gewurztraminer will continue to develop complexity up to seven years from vintage.
- Item #: i_228510Bottle Size: 750mlThe new vintage of Harper Voit Pinot Blanc is here. For the fans of the 2017 the new vintage will not disappoint. Drew Voit is the former winemaker and vineyard manager of Shea Cellars. Drew is now focusing on his own wines, making small amounts of Riesling, Pinot Blanc and Pinot Noir. There are only 300 cases of the new Pinot Blanc. With a little over 200 acres of Pinot Blanc planted in the Willamette Valley there is not a lot of Pinot Blanc around. Drew sources fruit from two vineyards: Amity Vineyard in Eola Amity Hills and Meredith Mitchell in McMinnville. The wine is barrel fermented in used French oak and aged surlie. Pinot Blanc will not blow you away with a powerful nose (like a Chardonnay or Viognier), but they can be exceptionally aromatic and very interesting. Reflecting the beautiful vintage, the fruit quality of the wine is bright, accompanied by laser-like acidity, honeyed aromatics, a savory, complex mid-palate showing good stone fruit, and a lengthy, saline, crisp and clean finish.
- Item #: 274500Bottle Size: 750mlROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "There are most certainly some other strong contenders, but this winery has to be on everyone's short list for 'Best Winery on the East Coast.' "
"The 2016 Dry Riesling still has nine grams per liter of residual sugar, but this is the Finger Lakes, meaning it still shows dry—but it is fruity and nowhere near austere. Sourced roughly evenly from the winery's key terroirs of HJW, Josef and Magdalena (a little heavier on the HJW), this is round, ripe and delicious, with classic flavors and aromas and just a touch of sugar on the end. It's a terrific 'everyday' Riesling in price, but in quality it easily exceeds that description. The sugary nuances will blow off as this ages, and it will begin to seem drier. Indeed, I recorked it and retasted it some six hours later. The fruity burst was more moderate, and it was respectably dry, although clearly less so in perception than the Dry Reserve or the Riesling Bio. The next day, it was far more gripping, showing its structure as well as its concentration and personality. As it began to seem drier, it showed more tension too. This is by no means the best of Wiemer's Rieslings this issue, but it is quite possibly the best bargain. Everyone will like it, and it will age well too."
- Item #: i_232750Bottle Size: 750MLThis Pinot Gris has an enticing bouquet of Fuji apple, ripe cantaloupe, and apricot. The crisp, clean mouthfeel is bursting with flavors of lemon and lime. A hint of kiwi and sweet orange blossom honey on the palate complements the fruit and acid. The lingering finish invites you to relax and enjoy another taste. In fact, it is the perfect sipper when entertaining with friends. This layered and well-balanced wine is a great accompaniment to a variety of foods, from Japan and Mexico, to India and China, all accented with a variety of spices.
There are several vineyards at J Vineyards & Winery that are overseen by Viticulturist John Erbe. The soil of the Russian River Valley AVA is diverse, and the climate is coastal with a long growing season perfect for Pinot noir and Chardonnay, a few of the varieties that are grown on the J Vineyards Estate. Sustainability is a key practice at the vineyard where agricultural practices such as minimal intervention, cover crops, night harvest, and hand harvesting are employed to encourage the growth of the crops. Vineyards and Winery has nine vineyards in the Russian River Valley.
- Item #: 211510Bottle Size: 750mlIn the glass, the 2016 Dry Riesling shows aromatics of stone fruit and herbal citrus zest. The palate has great texture displaying notes of pear, mint and petrol. The finish is long, showing salinity and a laser beam-like focus.