Our 3,000 square feet underground temperature-controlled cellar now includes a selection of 10,000+ wines from many different wineries and vintages. This selection represents the world's finest growing regions from such diverse areas as California, Oregon, Washington, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Germany, Austria, New Zealand, Australia and Portugal.
- Item #: i_303352Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94+Wine Spectator: 95WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "An intense perfume of juniper, bay laurel, sage, rose and berries marks this silky red. The structure is there, yet superb balance and refined tannins help this retain elegance through the long finish. Almost ethereal in its presence."
WINE ADVOCATE 94+ POINTS - "The 2013 Brunello di Montalcino is absolutely unique in terms of its aromatic display. To me, the nose is particularly beautiful because I have a preference for balsamic notes of cola, mint or medicinal herb (that may not be to everyone's liking). You get those in spades here. These aromas are often more prominent in cooler vintages like 2013 in the Brunello appellation. In this case, they resemble intense eucalyptus. There is subtle fruit at the back, with wild berry and plum. The mouthfeel here is absolutely silky, fresh and streamlined. It is stitched finely together like lace. I am curious to see how a wine like this ages and whether the aromas hold tight or eventually fall flat. I would suggest a slightly shorter drinking window. But for now, this is my kind of Brunello. Bottoms up!"
- Item #: i_303700Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Wine Spectator: 93James Suckling: 96Wine Enthusiast: 93 PointsJAMES SUCKLING 96 POINTS - "Fantastic aromas of orange peel and dark berry with plenty of plum and cherry. Sweet tobacco and mushrooms. Full body, juicy and fruity with firm tannins and a fresh finish. Complex and gorgeous. Fine and very long. Drink now."
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2013 Brunello di Montalcino shows laser focus and a precise delivery of aromas that makes an immediate and satisfying first impression. This is a delicately assembled wine that shows the deft hand of the winemaking team behind the scenes. Bright fruit and cherry is connected, in a careful embroidery, to spice, leather, tar and cured tobacco. There are subtle tones of ash and crushed mineral as well."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 93 POINTS - "Chopped herbs, new leather, underbrush and a whiff of star anise lead the nose. The firmly structured, chewy palate delivers ripe blackberry, juicy Marasca cherry, licorice and a dollop of vanilla set against a backbone of firm, polished tannins. Drink 2021-2028."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "An elegant style, offering ripe cherry, plum, leather, almond and subtle chocolate flavors. Harmonious and long, with an aftertaste evoking cherry, iron and tobacco. Fine balance."
- Item #: i_305883Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Wine Spectator: 92WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2013 Brunello di Montalcino exhibits a nicely balanced presentation with dark fruit layers that are embellished by well-managed oak spice and savory smoke. This vintage is particularly elegant and tight, with streamlined intensity that builds slowly in the glass as the wine takes on more volume and general breathing space. The finish is long, silky and should well endure the test of time."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "A supple texture and round profile wraps around the cherry, leather and spice flavors here. Firms up, turning more chewy by the finish, exhibiting a salty, minerally finish."
ANTONIO GALLONI; VINOUS 92 POINTS - "Bright red. Expressive aromas of red currant, licorice, flowers and tar. Floral, bright and subtle, with blood orange and red fruit flavors framed by harmonious acidity. Finishes suave, dry, and long. Lovely, elegant, old-style Brunello that will prove very food-flexible."
- Item #: i_302477Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93+James Suckling: 94JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "A wealth of fruit yet remains fresh and vivid with blueberry and black cherry character. Some bark and dried earth. Full body, integrated tannins and a flavorful finish. Better than 2012. Drink or hold."
WINE ADVOCATE 93+ POINTS - "The 2013 Brunello di Montalcino exhibits impressive balance and integrity. It contrasts the delicate sweetness of the fruit very nicely against the more ethereal and licorice-like aromas that come so naturally to Sangiovese grown in the spectacular Montalcino appellation. This is a fine wine from Camigliano, an estate that absolutely excels in classic and slightly cooler vintages like 2013. The winemaking is also impeccable, with balanced intensity and integrated tannins. There is a playful note of cherry sweetness on the close that I very much identify with the distinctive Camigliano wine identity. Some 150,000 bottles were produced. Congratulations on a wine well made."
- Item #: i_305454Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93+Wine Spectator: 93Casanova di Neri has most certainly had its share of accolades and praise with all the estate wines including the Brunello di Montalcino 'White Label', the newest project 'Tenuta Nuova' (literally translated new estate) and the small single vineyard of Cerretalto. Just to name a few, Last years 2012 'White Label' made #4 Top 100 Wine Spectator with 95 Points, the 2010 'Tenuta Nuova' received 100 points in Wine Advocate, and of course not forgetting the first time Giacomo Neri set off fireworks...the 2001 'Tenuta Nuova' making 2006 Wine Spectator Wine of the Year!
With the 2013 Classic Vintage that just arrived, we are excited to share with you another great showing of Casanova di Neri Brunello! And with the press of this vintage just ramping up, we suggest you get enough to put a few away! These wines are made to enjoy now and cellar for 25+ years.
WINE ADVOCATE 93+ POINTS - "It's that time of year: get your Neri on. This blockbuster Montalcino estate has released another fantastic collection of new wines, including the 2013 Brunello di Montalcino. Beautifully executed, the wine oozes forth from the glass with round, supple and velvety fruit. This Brunello Annata is luscious and deep, with millefoglie aromatic layering that peels back slowly and carefully. The mouthfeel is less elaborate compared to the estate's top expressions, but the bouquet does much to push this score into the low nineties. Some 80,000 bottles were produced."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "This is focused, with a vivid structure driving the cherry, leather, spice and earth flavors. Dusty tannins follow up, while this remains fresh on the lingering finish. Best from 2020 through 2033."
- Item #: i_305898Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97Wine Spectator: 96James Suckling: 98Casanova di Neri has most certainly had its share of accolades and praise with all the estate wines including the Brunello di Montalcino 'White Label', the newest project 'Tenuta Nuova' (literally translated new estate) and the small single vineyard of Cerretalto. Just to name a few, Last years 2012 'White Label' made #4 Top 100 Wine Spectator with 95 Points, the 2010 'Tenuta Nuova' received 100 points in Wine Advocate, and of course not forgetting the first time Giacomo Neri set off fireworks...the 2001 'Tenuta Nuova' making 2006 Wine Spectator Wine of the Year!
With the 2013 Classic Vintage that just arrived, we are excited to share with you another great showing of Casanova di Neri Brunello! And with the press of this vintage just ramping up, we suggest you get enough to put a few away! These wines are made to enjoy now and cellar for 25+ years. This anniversary edition will be one of the best wine purchases you make this year.
WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "Casanova di Neri's 2013 Brunello di Montalcino Tenuta Nuova is celebrating its 20th anniversary (1993-2013), and a special gold-label edition of the wine was made to commemorate this important milestone. I tasted the white label for this review. This is a bold and expressive Brunello that displays tightly knit aromas of Morello cherry, spice, leather and balsam herb that are the building blocks of the most beautiful Brunellos that come to mind. The Casanova di Neri house style implies a modern and sophisticated approach for sure. But the inner spirit and texture of Sangiovese is so fine and polished in its natural state that it hardly matters. The personality of the grape shines through with a loud and confident voice."
WINE SPECTATOR 'HOT WINES' 96 POINTS - "Sweet, ripe strawberry and cherry fruit melds seamlessly with the dense, refined structure of this red. Saline, licorice and spice accents add complexity as this lingers gracefully on the finish. Terrific harmony and expression."
JAMES SUCKLING 98 POINTS - "A vivid and bright red with intense blueberries and raspberries. Floral undertones and tons of citrus, too! Full-bodied, dense and layered. Polished tannins and fantastic fruit. The muscularity of the structure is what gives this wine focus and intensity. So serious for the vintage. Give it time to show its greatness. Drink in 2022."
- Item #: i_301119Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Wine Enthusiast: 98 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 98 POINTS; 'CELLAR SELECTION' - "Wild-berry, fragrant purple-flower and crushed aromatic herb aromas mingle with whiffs of tilled earth and new leather on this dazzling red. The stunning, savory palate boasts remarkable finesse combined with an age-worthy structure, offering succulent black cherry, raspberry compote, licorice and tobacco alongside taut, refined tannins. It's impeccably balanced, with bright acidity. It's already tempting, but hold for even more complexity. Drink 2021–2033." - Kerin O'Keefe
WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "Although this wine is not labeled as a riserva, it is released six years after the harvest as if it were one. The 2013 Brunello di Montalcino Pianrosso (with 20,000 bottles produced) opens to balanced fragrances that mix fruity elements with spice, crushed stone and smoke. This wine is linear and direct with firm tannic support at the back. Give it another few years to flesh out further with additional bottle aging."
This is the star for Ciacci Piccolomini, year in and year out—this Brunello is highly traditional in style. The wine is fermented in glass-lined cement and stainless steel tanks then aged in Slavonian oak barrels for 36 months. “Pianrosso” is absolutely gorgeous and rich brunello, with complex aromas of red fruits, flowers, licorice and spice, that only gets better with age.
- Item #: i_301529Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 94JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS- "The deep, rich red-plum nose sucks you into this powerful Brunello that has great fruit and polished, dry tannins that are beautifully in synch. Long, intense and rather complex finish. A great food wine for tonight, but this has the structure to hold for up to a decade."
- Item #: i_302998Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 94Vinous Media: 94+Decanter: 94 PointsWine Enthusiast: 97 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 97 POINTS - "Delicately scented, this offers underbrush, pressed violet and wild berry aromas. It’s medium-bodied and loaded with elegance, delivering crushed raspberry, Morello cherry, licorice and a hint of pipe tobacco set against taut, refined tannins. Bright acidity provides balance. It’s a bit austere at this stage but will develop beautifully."
ANTONIO GALLONI; VINOUS 96 POINTS - "Very deep red. Flinty, floral red cherry and underbrush on the enticing, very pure, precise nose. Then silky and suave, with ripe red cherry, underbrush and savory spices lingering nicely on the long creamy finish. Another classic, outstanding Brunello from Costanti, who has made a few in his time.
DECANTER 94 POINTS - "2013 was much cooler than preceding vintages, and Andrea waited until the beginning of October to harvest. He says it was a good year with plenty of structure, but felt it didn't have the longevity to merit making a Riserva. Indeed, rather than a voluble powerhouse this is an understated beauty. Tight and linear with lifted florals and a hint of orange, it has mouthwatering acidity and superb freshness, and will appeal to those who prize finesse."
WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Macerated cherry fruit holds the center of this elegant red, accented by grass, tobacco and earth flavors. Firm yet supple and elegant, this lingers with a touch of thyme."
JANCIS ROBINSON 18/20 POINTS - "Lustrous ruby. Restrained power on the nose. Bags of finely grained tannins lift lively cherry fruit. Medium bodied yet mouth-filling. Muscular and refined. Easily one of the top wines of this vintage."
- Item #: i_301611Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 97James Suckling: 96Wine Enthusiast: 95 PointsANTONIO GALLONI; VINOUS 97 POINTS - "Luminous red. High-pitched aromas of sour red cherry, raspberry, rose, stainless steel, white pepper and minerals. Dense and silky in texture but displays great juiciness, clarity and floral lift; the lively but harmonious acidity really lifts and frames the bright red and mineral flavors. Totally saturates the palate and yet comes off as virtually weightless. This hauntingly beautiful wine showcases everything Brunello can be when made from an ultra-competent producer farming Sangiovese vines that grow in what is a real grand cru section of the much too large Brunello di Montalcino denomination.
JAMES SUCKLING 96 POINTS - "A balanced and firm red with plum, light chocolate, walnut and spice character. Medium to full body and silky tannins. I love the flavorful finish."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 95 POINTS - "Enticingly fragrant, this opens with delicate scents of forest berry, underbrush, new leather and crushed purple flowers. Juicy and enveloping, the smooth, full-bodied palate presents ripe Morello cherry, raspberry preserve, licorice and chewing tobacco framed in taut fine-grained tannins."
- Item #: i_305423Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "Sangiovese-whisperer Alessandro Mori has delivered another superstar wine with the 2013 Brunello di Montalcino Madonna Delle Grazie. The bouquet is detailed and fine with bright accents of fragrant red rose, red currant, cola, licorice, grilled herb and crushed white peppercorn. The bouquet is loose, light and buoyant, with a smooth and natural progression of building aromas. The mouthfeel, however, is direct, important and determined. It's that playful juxtaposition between the wine's soft side and its stern side that makes this such an interesting and sensational wine to drink. Only 5,993 bottles were produced, and that's the bad news."
- Item #: i_305469Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92James Suckling: 96JAMES SUCKLING 96 POINTS - "A wealth of ripe fruit with spice, tobacco, cedar and plum aromas that follow through to a full body, chewy and dense tannins and a ripe and delicious finish. A solid and stoic young red. Give it three or four years to soften. Made from organic grapes."
ANTONIO GALLONI; VINOUS 93 POINTS - “Deep red. Perfumed violet and black cherry aromas and flavors are complicated by chocolate and coffee. Very smooth and balanced, this lovely wine lingers long on the perfumed, precise aftertaste.”
WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "La Rasina's 2013 Brunello di Montalcino is dark and thick, almost surprisingly so given the lighter wines generally produced in this vintage. This Brunello offers power and substance with a good sense of volume and lasting fruit flavors. Those flavors include black fruit, prune and dried blackberry. The mouthfeel closes in with tight fruit flavors with spice, tobacco and balsam herb. The mouthfeel is dry, polished and long (but not too rich)."
- Item #: i_305397Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 93WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2013 Brunello di Montalcino walks a very fine line between elegance and finesse. Those may seem like two analogous terms, but this wine teaches you that they are not. The bouquet offers tonic and buoyant tones of wild berry, blueberry, dried herb and licorice. Each is elegant in its own right, but together they form a nuanced and finessed whole. Le Potazzine does very nicely in the hot vintages, but it delivers unexpected surprises (like this wine) in the cooler ones."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Heady flavors of plum, macerated cherry, sweet spices, leather and earth mark this powerful red. The dense tannins are well-matched to the fruit, texture and breadth. Exuberance wins over subtlety here. Best from 2022 through 2036."
- Item #: i_301011Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 96There are few other estates in Montalcino with roots as deep as Lisini. The Lisini-Clementi family has owned lands in Montalcino since the sixteenth century, and the historic tower and loggia on the property has its beginnings in the 1300s. The first vines were planted here in the 1930s, well before the international craze for the area’s wines. And Lisini wasn’t just one of the founding members of the consorzio di Brunello in the 1967: The late Elina Lisini, the head of the family until her passing in 2009 was its first and only female president in 1970! Today, the estate totals roughly 150 hectares that surround the ancient farmhouse and winery, and brothers Carlo and Lorenzo, along with cousin Ludovica, continue the traditions of their forbearers. This includes not just the production of wine—which is based entirely on the noble sangiovese grape—but also of olive oil. Their location, in the hills surrounding Sant’Angelo in Colle, in the Southwest corner of Montalcino, are particularly favorable to the cultivation of both sangiovese and olives. Their 20 or so hectares of vineyards are at an average elevation of 350 meters above sea level, and open to the south, towards the Maremma area of Tuscany, making them drier and more ventilated than other locations more landlocked than Lisini.
With the history of the Lisini family running so deep in Montalcino, the current regime saw no other way to produce their wines other than with respect for tradition. This means that only sangiovese is grown, fermentations take place in glass lined cement tanks, and all wines age in large Slavonian oak casks. The winemaking at the estate was guided starting in the 1980s for many years by Franco Bernabei (of Felsina and Fontodi fame) who then trained the current staff enologist Filippo Paoletti. The late Giulio Gambelli (the original “sangiovesista”, responsible for many years at Biondi Santi and Soldera, and the creator of Le Pergole Torte), also collaborated with the Lisinis for a while, and current winemaker Filippo counts both of these as important inspirations and influences on his work.
WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS 'HIGHLY RECOMMENDED' - "Exuding cherry, strawberry and floral flavors tinged with iron, earth and spice notes, this ripe red is elegant in profile, tightly wound and deftly balanced, ending with a kick of fruit, spice and mineral elements."
- Item #: i_302536Bottle Size: 750mlJAMES SUCKLING 98 POINTS - "This is intense and complex yet subtle with fantastic aromas of rose petal, plum, clove and fresh mushroom. Hints of stems. Full body, focused and polished with a linear line of tannins and fabulous length. A beauty. Better after 2021 but already a joy to taste."
Pertimali is a family estate in the North of the Montalcino region, and the Sassetti family has been making wine here for three generations. In fact, Livio Sassetti was one of the founding members of the Brunello Consortium in 1967, a group of producers whose goal is to protect and promote their noble wines of pure Sangiovese.
The Pertimali Brunello di Montalcino is produced in both modern and traditional fashion: modern in that the fermentation takes place in temperature-controlled stainless steel, and traditional in that it is aged for around 3 years in very large, Slavonian oak barrels, both of which allow the purity and character of the fruit to dominate.
- Item #: i_305788Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "This wine will be released in the Spring of this year. The 2013 Brunello di Montalcino Vigneti del Versante exhibits an immediate sense of depth and complexity. Winemaking saw minimal movement or pump-overs because Jan Hendrik Erbach tends to keep his wines in reduction for a long as possible in order to slow down their evolution. This is especially important in an immediate and accessible vintage like 2013. This expression is profound and precise with sharply etched aromas of wild berry, licorice, lavender and lightly roasted almond. Violets flood over the palate, backed by silky fine texture."
- Item #: i_301486Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "The 2013 Brunello di Montalcino is downright gorgeous. The wine is inward-looking at the very beginning, but it quickly revs up to deliver soaring intensity and profound elegance. It goes from first to sixth gear in seconds and grabs all your attention and admiration in the process. The bouquet reads like a textbook Sangiovese, with wild berry, rose hip, pressed violets, cola, balsam herb, licorice and cigar ash. The bouquet underlines the wine's enormous finesse and pedigree, but the mouthfeel is all about frankness, directness and power. This is a naked and pure Brunello that glows bright with confidence and pride."
- Item #: i_305979Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "Salicutti's 2013 Brunello di Montalcino Piaggione shows a brilliant ruby appearance that captures the ambient light. This is a classic expression from Montalcino with seamless aromas of wild flower, cassis, smokey ash and Mediterranean herb. The mouthfeel awards an incredible feeling of linearity, precision and focus. This is a wine of pedigree that promises a long aging evolution ahead. The lucky new owners of this estate have purchased a real gem in the Italian winescape."
ANTONIO GALLONI; VINOUS 95+ POINTS - "Vivid red. Bright floral and extremely clean aromas and flavors of black cherry, strawberry, sandalwood and minerals are lifted by a very strong note of violet. This very fruity and floral Brunello is a remarkably easy-to-drink, downright pretty wine that has sneaky concentration and a captivatingly complex, suave, multilayered finish. Both violet and black cherry notes echo on your palate long after you swallow. Another knockout Brunello from owner Francesco Leanza, who has transformed Salicutti into one of the worlds benchmark Sangiovese estates.
- Item #: i_305977Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Spectator: 95James Suckling: 96WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "As much savory as fruity, this offers a fine balance between cherry, leather, spice and carob aromas and flavors. Rich yet lively, leaving a mouthwatering impression on the long, saline aftertaste."
JAMES SUCKLING 96 POINTS - "Subtle and complete aromas of cherry, flowers, and orange peel. Full body, round and velvety tannins. So pretty and refined. Polished. A gorgeous wine. Drink or hold."
- Item #: i_303484Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 95James Suckling: 96WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "As much savory as fruity, this offers a fine balance between cherry, leather, spice and carob aromas and flavors. Rich yet lively, leaving a mouthwatering impression on the long, saline aftertaste."
JAMES SUCKLING 96 POINTS - "Subtle and complete aromas of cherry, flowers, and orange peel. Full body, round and velvety tannins. So pretty and refined. Polished. A gorgeous wine. Drink or hold."
- Item #: i_305831Bottle Size: 750mlSan Polo Brunello, made from 100% Sangiovese Grosso, is produced from estate vines in the Montalcino appellation. Blessed with vines that enjoy a southeastern exposure in a naturally occurring amphitheatre, San Polo is able to employ organic and biodynamic methods of viticulture that keep these wines pure. This is a wine that truly reflects its pedigree and meticulous treatment in both the vineyard and cellar.
JAMES SUCKLING 96 POINTS - "Aromas of plum, dried meat, flower and figs. Full body, velvety and chewy tannins. So much fruit and intensity. I love the generous fruit and form to this wine."
- Item #: i_301359Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94James Suckling: 93WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2013 Brunello di Montalcino is a beautiful wine and a protagonist of this vintage. I love the purity of the fruit and the direct manner in which it is delivered. This wine exhibits intensity and a careful sense of balance in which dark cherry fruit and blackberry are folded into spice, tar and licorice. The effect is seamless and elegant. This wine has the inner flexibility to drink in the near or the long term. The range is impressive."
JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "A more modern style with some fresher, spicy oak, notes of spiced creamy and tarry nuances and plenty of red- and dark-cherry flavors. Holds long and fresh. The concentration is good. Try from 2022.
- Item #: i_302744Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91James Suckling: 92JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "A tight and focused Brunello with cherries, dark chocolate and light spices. Medium body, pinpointed fruit aromas and a flavorful finish. Linear and bright."
WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "This is a plump and fruit-forward Sangiovese that is infused with spice, tobacco and balsam herb. The 2013 Brunello di Montalcino is defined by its rich texture and layered mouthfeel. Those layers peel back showing bright cherry and blackberry at the core."
- Item #: i_305805Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "I never have enough praise for the excellent work achieved at Uccelliera. The 2013 Brunello di Montalcino is another proud notch in Andrea Cortonesi's belt. This is a fine and elegant wine that wraps smoothly over the palate. It also has an immediate and accessible personality that means you don't need to wait too long to enjoy it. The wine is redolent of dark fruit, spice, balsam herb, licorice and pressed flowers. You get loads of variety character."
WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "A mix of sweet cherry and berry fruit and salty licorice and mineral elements mark this savory red, which is firm yet lively, with plenty of energy on the resonant aftertaste. Fine balance overall.