Our 3,000 square feet underground temperature-controlled cellar now includes a selection of 10,000+ wines from many different wineries and vintages. This selection represents the world's finest growing regions from such diverse areas as California, Oregon, Washington, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Germany, Austria, New Zealand, Australia and Portugal.
- Item #: i_203380Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "This estate blend from Howell Mountain was formerly known as "Obsidian." Composed of 74% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Petit Verdot, 8% Cabernet Franc, 4% Merlot and 4% Malbec, the 2015 Proprietary Red Estate gives a deep garnet-purple color and aromas of spiced blackberries, fruitcake and plum pudding with suggestions of Indian spices, earth and underbrush, plus a touch of violets. Packed with rich, opulent fruit in the full-bodied mouth, it has a solid, fine-grained backbone and plenty of freshness, finishing long and multilayered. 500 cases were made."
- Item #: i_350125Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 96eROBERT PARKER 96 POINTS: "The 2006 La Vina de Andres Romeo is sourced from a single vineyard. Opaque purple-colored, the wine’s legs ooze slowly down the glass. Aromas of smoke, cedar, pencil lead, underbrush, and blackberry are enticing leading to a tightly wound, dense, powerful Rioja that will evolve for another 8-10 years and provide a drinking window extending from 2018 to 2030."
- Item #: i_208830Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Vinous Media: 96ANTONIO GALLONI 96 POINTS - "As it often is, the 2014 St. Eden is a showy, racy wine. A rush of dark red cherry, plum, mocha, espresso and grilled herbs gives the wine its opulent, flamboyant feel. Even so the St. Eden shows the natural restraint and mid-weight structure of the year."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "Deep garnet-purple in color, the 2014 St. Eden offers up expressive crème de cassis, black cherry compote and blueberry pie notes with hints of cedar chest, baking spices, menthol and pencil lead. Full-bodied, tightly packed, taut and muscular, it has a solid structure of firm, grainy tannins and lovely vivacity coming through on the long, earthy finish."
- Item #: i_204440Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Vinous Media: 96+ANTONIO GALLONI 96+ POINTS - "The 2014 Quella is showing beautifully. Floral and savory overtones give the wine its energy and tension. The 2014 has really come along over the last six months. Today it is vibrant and full of life, with an understated sense of power that is compelling. The 2014 has developed very nicely since I last tasted it, but it still has room to grow."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2014 Quella is scented of blackberry preserves, fruitcake and crushed rocks with hints of cigar box, dried Provence herbs and Indian spices. Medium to full-bodied, it has a firm backbone of grainy tannins and great freshness lifting the black fruit and earth layers, finishing on a lingering mineral note."
- Item #: i_204500Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97+Vinous Media: 97ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97+ POINTS - "Very deep purple-black colored, the 2014 Pluribus offers up notions of crushed black plums, black currant cordial and pencil shavings over a meaty core of chargrill and beef drippings plus hints of Chinese five spice and underbrush. Full-bodied and firmly framed with chewy tannins and a lively backbone, it features plenty of earthy and savory layers, finishing long and minerally."
ANTONIO GALLONI 97 POINTS - "The 2014 Pluribus is stellar. Once again, I am deeply impressed with the Pluribus. Inky blue/purplish fruit, lavender, mint, plum and licorice infuse this super-expressive, resonant Spring Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon. Pluribus is the most improved Bond wine. This flight of 2014 makes that quite evident."
- Item #: i_345653Bottle Size: 750MLVINOUS 94+ POINTS - "Luminous straw-yellow. Lemon, minerals, lime and pomaceous orchard fruit, and actually not much of the spice typically associated with granite soils. Long and lively in the mouth, and boasting noteworthy clarity and cut thanks to juicy acidity that channels the flavor molecules directly onto the taste buds. More restrained than the Sommerberg, but also more refined, with sneaky concentration and depth. These vines were planted in the 1970s and are located higher up than Boxler’s two Sommerberg parcels where there is a warmer microclimate. The slightly tactile note on the finish had me thinking some cold-soaking had been done, but Boxler told me it was not so, as he prefers to press the grapes very slowly and that leads to wines with bigger extract and palate presence, accounting for the wine’s tactile sensation."
- Item #: i_302191Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95James Suckling: 9640% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Petit Verdot, & 20% Cabernet Franc
JAMES SUCKLING 96 POINTS - "Aromas of black licorice and blackberry. Blueberry, too. This is so complex. Full body, extremely silky and polished with lovely tannins. Deep and long. It seems powerful and rich yet ends so balanced and refined."
WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "The 2015 Ilatraia is a drop-dead gorgeous blend...all fruit coming from Brancaia's Maremma vineyards along the Tuscan coast. This warm vintage has shaped an exuberant and intense red wine that hits the palate with lavish richness. The complex bouquet is composed of dark fruit elements that are contrasted seamlessly against spice, sweet tobacco and campfire ash. Yet the mouthfeel is never too heavy or overextracted. There's a lot to enjoy here."
- Item #: i_321281Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 94Vinous Media: 92-94Decanter: 97 PointsBURGHOUND 96 POINTS: "(from a 1.60 ha parcel on the Morey side where the soil is more white than red). A discreet application of wood easily allows the liqueur-like dark currant aromas that are liberally cut with earth and spice nuances to be appreciated. Otherwise there is superb richness to the full-bodied, powerful and concentrated broad-shouldered flavors that possess a velvety and mouth coating palate feel, all wrapped in a gorgeously complex and persistent finish. This isn’t quite as classy as the Bèze but it brings a number of other attributes to the table. Note well though that this isn’t even remotely going to be an early drinker so plenty of patience will be necessary, indeed I would go so far as to say that it would be pointless to even think about opening a bottle before its 15th birthday."
- Item #: i_206985Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98ROBERT PARKER 98 POINTS - "A magnificent wine made the by the brilliant winemaker Chris Carpenter, who also works for the Kendall-Jackson empire at Lakoya and a handful of other estates, this blend of 88% Cabernet Sauvignon and 12% Merlot is sourced from multiple vineyards owned by the Jacksons, from Veeder Peak to Spring Mountain to Howell Mountain. In 2014, it reminded me of a great vintage of Pontet-Canet from Pauillac, but slightly bigger than life. The inky purple color, the stunning nose of cedar wood, unsmoked cigar tobacco, graphite, creme de cassis and subtle new oak is followed by a multi-layered, profoundly concentrated, large-scaled wine with sensational levels of blackcurrant fruit moving toward blackberries. A wine of great intensity, silky tannins and adequate acidity, this is clearly one of the great, great wines of the vintage, and another tour de force in winemaking from Carpenter. It is a 15- to 20- year wine, but the window for drinking its is probably that big as well."
ANTONIO GALLONI 96 POINTS - "Chris Carpenter's 2014 at Cardinale is superb. Interestingly, the Cardinale is much more expressive than the four premium Cabernets Carpenter made at Lokoya. Cardinale is made from a blend of vineyards throughout Napa Valley, all of them hillside sites."
"A powerful, unctuous wine, the 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon is striking. Intense, expressive aromatics make a strong first impression. Silky tannins wrap around a core of dark red cherry, plum, mocha, spice and leather. Deep, unctuous and beautifully layered throughout, the 2014 Cabernet is a fabulous wine in this vintage. All the elements simply fall into place effortlessly. "
- Item #: i_305037Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS - "The 2012 Brunello di Montalcino Cerretalto offers a prolonged, flowing and carefully massaged drinking experience that drapes over the senses with some studied intensity and lots of intriguing complexity. This wine nails that perfect balance between power and elegance (that elusive exchange that so many winemakers hope to achieve) with effortless precision. Bold cherry fruit and spice are tightly woven together. In the mouth, the wine shows texture, depth and succulence. Generally speaking, this is not my favorite vintage in Montalcino, but this wine suddenly made me forget that thought."
- Item #: i_302643Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Vinous Media: 95+85% Sangiovese (Sangioveto) & 15% Malvasia Nera
WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "The 2013 I Sodi di S. Niccolò is 85% Sangioveto (a more antique name for Sangiovese) and 15% Malvasia Nera from a single vineyard. This wine opens to a darkly saturated appearance and shows ruby, garnet and purple highlights. The bouquet is powerful but seamless at the same time with smooth transitions between dark cherry, spice, tobacco and moist clay. In the mouth, this wine shows dense extraction, but it never feels too weighed down by that mass. Instead, the freshness of the fruit and the natural acidity give the wine a bright and buoyant personality. Aged in barrique for 30 months, this is a delightful Tuscan red."
ANTONIO GALLONI; VINOUS 95+ POINTS - "The flagship 2013 I Sodi di San Niccolò is classy and polished to the core. In many vintages, the I Sodi di San Niccolò can be more overt and extroverted, but in 2003 it is a wine of cool sophistication and polish. A rush of dark red and purplish-hued stone fruits, wild flowers, mint and licorice rounds out things out. The 2013 is a stylish, captivating Sodi. All it needs is time in bottle. For my money, Sodi remains one of the world's most pedigreed under-the-radar wines."
- Item #: i_302311Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Advocate: 96WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "Cerbaiona's 2011 Brunello di Montalcino is one of the protagonists of the vintage. There is no denying the sheer beauty and focus of this wine. It makes a fabulous first impact with super sharp tones of wild berry, cola, balsam herb, flint and crushed oyster shell. Those drying mineral notes leave a lasting impression. In the mouth, this wine is super elegant, tight and delicately nuanced. Unfortunately, I have not had the best track record with aged Brunello from Cerbaiona (ten years or more) personally, but I am hopeful that a wine of this caliber and depth will restore my faith. No matter what the aging trajectory ultimately demonstrates, this wine certainly does taste fantastic at this young stage."
- Item #: i_276190Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS - "These latest releases from Charles Smith check in at the top of the pyramid and are flat out incredible wines that I wish every reader could taste."
"A candidate for the wine of the vintage, the 2013 Syrah Royal City is as expansive, sexy and voluptuous as they get in the vintage, hands down. It's deep ruby/purple color is followed by incredible notes of wild herbs, lavender, gamey meats, olive paste and sweet dark berry fruits. Full-bodied, relatively forward and charming, it still packs a wealth of material and has building tannin, all suggesting it will drink nicely for 10-15 years."
- Item #: i_214910Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 95+Proprietor Cliff Lede purchased the S. Anderson property in StagsLeap District, and he knew in order to make the best wine possible, he had to surround himself with people asobsessed as he. He found this quality in winemaker Christopher Tynan, consulting winemaker Michel Rolland, andviticulturalist Dave Abreu.
ROBERT PARKER 95+ POINTS - "Always one of the stars of Napa is Cliff Lede's Cabernet Sauvignon Poetry and the 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Poetry is a blend of 87% Cabernet Sauvignon, 6% Merlot, 6% Cabernet Franc and the rest Petit Verdot. Never the biggest wine made by Cliff Lede, this is an elegant, classic Stags Leap example with finesse allied to beautifully pure power and balance. Deep and rich and possibly, at this stage, less expressive than some of its siblings, it is simply loaded and poised for a brilliant future. Consumers should give this 4-5 years of bottle age and drink it over the following 25-30 years."
- Item #: i_213760Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "Vivid red. Expansive aromas of ripe red berries, candied flowers and baking spices, with a smoky mineral topnote that gains strength as the wine opens up. Coats the palate with appealing sweet raspberry and cherry liqueur flavors that tighten up and become spicier on the back half. Shows excellent clarity and floral lift on an impressively long finish that's shaped by fine-grained, even tannins."
- Item #: i_214170Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95+Vinous Media: 95+ANTONIO GALLONI 95+ POINTS - "The 2014 Maya is powerful, compact and closed in on itself. That's not much of a surprise given the wine was just bottled a few months ago. Dark, powerful and intense, the 2014 offers plenty of energy, but is also holding back much of its potential at this stage. The blend is 75% Cabernet Sauvignon and 25% Cabernet Franc, which is to say more Cabernet than has been the norm in recent years. There is plenty of intensity to the pomegranate, plum, red cherry and blood orange flavors, but the wine needs time to come into its own."
ROBERT PARKER 95+ POINTS - "...the 2014 Maya Proprietary Red may not be as perfect as the 2013 was, but it is a fabulous effort. Finishing at 14.6% alcohol, this wine (generally a blend of about 60% Cabernet Franc and the rest Cabernet Sauvignon) has incredibly gorgeous aromatics of black and blue fruits, forest floor, violets, and an almost Graves-like, scorched earth, gravelly nuance. The wine hits the palate with a full-bodied richness and terrific harmony among its structural elements such as alcohol, acidity, tannin and wood, with moderately sweet tannins in the finish. It is a good 30- to 35-year wine, as most Mayas have tended to be, and is impressive and surprisingly structured for a 2014. Forget it for 3-4 years and drink it over the following 35-40 years."
- Item #: i_200452Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 95ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "Winemaker Nile Zacherle crafts some of the most elegant, polished Cabernets readers will taste on Pritchard Hill. As good as the wines are, they would almost certainly be even better if the estate took a few more risks. Today, the wines are almost always outstanding, but there may be an even higher level of quality that can be achieved here."
ROBERT PARKER 95 POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Elevation 1147 has the darker, more spiced profile found in the Three Acre with the lift and freshness of the Old Vine. All the elements come together nicely in this super-expressive Pritchard Hill Cabernet Sauvignon. The 2015 is wonderfully dense and lush, and yet retains quite a bit of freshness."
- Item #: i_376881Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95PRACTICING BIODYNAMIC & ORGANICALLY FARMED
WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS -"The village wine 2016 Corullón (which might carry the new category "Vino de Villa" for the 2017 vintage if it's approved by the EU soon enough) was hitting on all cylinders when I tasted it. It had a very clean nose, elegant, insinuating, ethereal, perfumed and subtle, without a trace of excess in any direction. It took time to unfurl its notes of violets, wild herbs and spices. The palate had terrific balance, very refined tannins and subtle, integrated acidity with subdued minerality and a long, dry and almost salty finish. This has to be among the best years for Corullón. There are 20,355 bottles and some larger (and smaller) formats. It was bottled in June 2018."
- Item #: i_328805Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 96Wine Spectator: 97WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS -"Hints of toast and lime blossom on the nose accent the palate's apricot, lemon pastry, candied ginger and crystallized honey flavors in this rich and creamy blanc de blancs. Firm and finely balanced by a china-like frame of acidity, with the finish echoing hints of smoke, coffee liqueur and spice. Disgorged September 2017. Drink now through 2028."
- Item #: i_349978Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Jeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsWINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS: This has an intense core of crushed plum, raspberry and boysenberry fruit flavors, draped with melted licorice notes and backed by a wave of warm fruitcake. Hedonistic for sure, but accents of anise, violet and singed apple wood dart around, adding extra facets of intrigue to hold your attention. Grenache and Mourvèdre.
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS: The 2015 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Renaissance is a gem and as always is a 60/40 split of Grenache and Mourvèdre brought up in demi-muids and smaller barrels (one-third new). Blackcurrants, blackberries, wine marinade, licorice, and pepper all emerge from this opulent, incredibly sexy beauty that has full-bodied richness, sweet tannin and more mid-palate depth and richness than most. It’s going to need 3-4 years of cellaring to hit its stride and last for 15+. (10/2017)
- Item #: i_350882Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 97 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "From a cooler terroir of sandy soils just beside the domaine, the 2016 Gigondas Le Lieu Dit is another tour de force from this brilliant estate. It sports a medium ruby color as well as a rocking bouquet of kirsch, blackberry liqueur, rose petals, damp earth, incense, and spice. Ultra-fine, seamless, elegant, and pure, it's nevertheless powerful and rich, with awesome intensity. Readers need to snatch up this blockbuster."
- Item #: i_350964Bottle Size: 750mlThis Premier Cru Volnay competes with the greats. Dense, deep, and wildly expressive, “Santenots-du-Milieu” is a towering achievement from one of Burgundy’s top organic and biodynamic producers: Dominique Lafon. This man spearheaded the movement toward organics in Burgundy and is widely celebrated for crafting singularly pure, terroir-defining wines—wines that are at once “natural” but also sublimely clean and precise in every way. “Santenots-du-Milieu” is ground zero for classic Pinot Noir.
- Item #: i_351163Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95ROBERT PARKER 95 POINTS: "The 2015 Chateauneuf du Pape Les Saintes Vierges is the most flattering of Santa Duc's current releases, offering lushness and generosity on the palate, notes of cherries and licorice, creamy-supple tannins and a mouthwatering finish. It's a blend of Grenache, Mourvèdre and Counoise.Domaine Santa Duc Les Saintes Vierges is made from a blend of 90% Grenache, 9% Mourvedre and 1% Counoise."
- Item #: i_373826Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96ROBERT PARKER 96 POINTS - "The massive 1994 is unquestionably the finest Dow I have tasted since the 1977. This opaque purple-colored wine is not as developed or flamboyant as Fonseca, but it is super-concentrated and multi-layered, with huge masses of fruit and some tannin in the finish. This is a slightly drier style than Fonseca or Graham's, but it appears to be a classic, majestic, enormously constituted 1994 that should age effortlessly for three decades or more. It is one of the stars of the vintage. Anticipated maturity: 2004-2030."
As all savvy Port aficionados know, ’94 ranks as one of the very best Port years of the 20th Century. When this Dow was first released in October of 1996 Robert Parker gave it 96 Points.
- Item #: i_302194Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "This vintage is profound and beautiful. The 2016 Cabernet Franc Duemani shows deep layers of fruit, with levels of crunchiness and complexity that make it memorable. The mouthfeel is silky, long and rich. The maturity of the fruit here is perfect. In terms of appearance, the wine is dark and impenetrable. All around, this Duemani is an extremely tight, focused and elegant expression of Cabernet Franc."
Fiercely independent and a man of mesmerizing intensity, Luca D’Attoma is one of the best winemakers in Italy. He consults with multiple clients including Le Macchiole, Tua Rita and Fattoria Le Pupille. Duemani is his personal property and winemaking follows his strict biodynamic philosophy.Azienda Agricola Duemani is the ownership property of superstar winemaker Luca d’Attoma (formerly of Tua Rita, and currently at Le Macchiole, pictured above). This winery is the perfect example of what happens when a world-class enologist finally has the chance to buy his own property. Starting completely from scratch, Luca leveled these rolling hillsides in Riparbella, just next to Bolgheri, and planted his fields mainly with his first love: Cabernet Franc. The passion Luca puts into the wines is obvious, as the project has been entirely organic/ biodynamic from the first day. With no neighboring properties, his vineyards are totally isolated from conventional farming. His vineyard density is unusually high, resulting in fruit of exceptional quality The estate is certified biodynamic by Demeter (http://www.demeter.net). As proponents of the principles of biodynamic farming, the cultivation and care of the vineyard’s soil is of the utmost importance to Luca and Elena. They employ various practices throughout the year to stimulate soil vitality and health which in turn provides beneficial nutrients and oxygen to the vines.