- Item #: i_353206Bottle Size: 750mlDecanter: 95 PointsDECANTER 95 POINTS "The only part of the Mouton vines that had some frost in 2017, yet maintaining its signature rich round flavours of creamy citrus and powerful white peach and pear notes. A bitter saffron point gives focus and lift on the finish. This is a brilliant Aile d'Argent, wonderfully balanced with real complexity, offering volume and structure through the palate and a saline-streaked juicy finish."
- Item #: i_352963Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 94JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "This is amazing for the second wine with incredible white truffle, stone and currant character. Purity of fruit on the nose. Full-bodied, silky and refined. Fantastic length. Better in 2018 but almost impossible to resist now. Incredible."
- Item #: i_300070Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90James Suckling: 93JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS: "Spices and dark fruit with decadent earth and white-truffle aromas. Full body, round and velvety tannins and a fruity finish. So velvety and delicious. Second wine of Monbousquet. Drink in 2020."
WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS: "The 2016 Angelique de Monbousquet is deep garnet-purple colored and features bold scents of crushed blackberries, warm plums and raspberry pie with hints of dried herbs, underbrush and tobacco. Medium to full-bodied, the palate reveals loads of minerally sparks interspersed with the vibrant red and black fruit layers, finishing pleasantly chewy."
- Item #: i_345082Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 99Wine Spectator: 97James Suckling: 99WINE ADVOCATE 99 POINTS - "Composed of 55% Merlot and 45% Cabernet Franc, the deep garnet colored 2010 Angélus has an open-for-business nose of baked plums, Black Forest cake and blueberry pie with touches of hoisin, Marmite toast and eucalyptus. Full-bodied, rich and oh-so-sensuous, the palate is jam-packed with decadent fruit and framed by firm, ripe, and rounded tannins, finishing with epic length."
JAMES SUCKLING 99 POINTS - "The nose is impressively rich with an opulence and sexiness with earth, berry, spice and chocolate character. Black truffles! Full body, with seamless tannins and beautiful richness. It goes on for minutes. The layers of fruit and ripe tannins are phenomenal. This is the greatest Angelus ever for me."
- Item #: i_345941Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 91 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - ""It offers a perfumed, gorgeous bouquet of plums, incense, spice and hints of forest floor. Full-bodied, ripe and rounded, with a sexy, opulent style, lots of mid-palate depth, and a great finish, it's well worth your time and money and is a smoking deal at 20 bucks."
- Item #: i_334003Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 100ROBERT PARKER 100 POINTS - "Proprietor Alain Vauthier has produced a prodigious wine that captures the essence of Ausone's terroir. A saturated black/purple color is followed by sensational aromas of ink, cherries, blackberries, blueberries, and that wet stones/liquid minerality characteristic. The wine has phenomenal presence on the palate as well as astonishing richness and purity. Despite its extract, power, and richness, it is remarkably light, with a surreal delicacy. It is a tour de force in winemaking and a compelling expression of this magical terroir. It should prove to be legendary, but sadly, anyone over the age of 50 will probably not live to see it come close to maturity. Anticipated maturity: 2020-2075."
- Item #: i_399905Bottle Size: 750MLeROBERT PARKER 90 POINTS: "The 2013 Beauséjour (Duffau Lagarrosse) offers impressive intensity given the growing season with crisp and pure dark cherries, raspberry coulis and subtle earthy bordering upon loamy scents. The oak here is nicely enmeshed and attests some clever winemaking in this challenging season. The palate is well balanced with a little chewiness on the entry. There is admirable weight here, even if I discerned more finesse and precision on the 2013 Pavie-Macquin. Still, this constitutes a sterling effort and it should give 10 to 15 years of pleasure, possibly longer."
- Item #: i_300152Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90Wine Spectator: 88James Suckling: 90-91ROBERTPARKER.COM 90 POINTS: "Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2015 Belgrave has a nose of crushed black currant, chocolate-covered cherries, warm plums and lilacs with touches of garrigue and forest floor. Medium to full-bodied with firm, ripe, grainy tannins and wonderfully pure black fruits with lovely floral accents, it finishes long and perfumed."
JAMES SUCKLING 90-91 POINTS: "A rich and spicy young red with chocolate, plum and berry aromas and flavors. Full and silky textured. Very attractive."
WINE SPECTATOR 88 POINTS: "Plump, with a core of steeped plum and fig preserve flavors, inlaid with hints of humus and tobacco. Reveals a juniper note on the relatively soft finish. Drink now through 2020. 18,833 cases made." –JM
- Item #: i_350937Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96+James Suckling: 96Jeb Dunnuck: 98 PointsWINE ADVOCATE 96+ POINTS - "Deep purple-black, the 2016 Bellevue Mondotte has a dark, seductive, opulent nose of star anise, cumin seed, dried roses, incense and cedar chest over a core of plum preserves, baked blueberries, dates and Christmas cake plus hints of unsmoked cigars and tapenade. The full-bodied palate is a behemoth of fruit with a rock-solid frame to match, featuring firm, grainy tannins and bold freshness, finishing very long and very spicy."
JEB DUNNUCK 98+ POINTS - "One of the standouts from the Right Bank is the 2016 Bellevue Mondotte, a powerful, full-bodied, structured effort that offers incredible minerality in its blackcurrant, graphite, new leather and burning ember-like aromas and flavors. A blend of 90% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc, and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon, from tiny yields and brought up all in new oak, it has remarkable purity and freshness, and is locked and loaded on the palate. Give this monument in the making 4-5 years of bottle age and it will cruise for 2-3 decades in cold cellars."
- Item #: i_351093Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "I have noticed serious bottle variation with this wine, but recently it has been consistently scoring in the 94-96 point range. Beautifully sweet, slightly herbaceous black currant, licorice, and earthy notes emerge from this nearly opaque, dark ruby/purple-tinged 1982. Compared to the more elegant, feminine-styled wine often produced here, it is a beast. Dense, thick, rich, concentrated, and impressive, it can be drunk now and over the next two decades."
- Item #: i_353153Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "I have noticed serious bottle variation with this wine, but recently it has been consistently scoring in the 94-96 point range. Beautifully sweet, slightly herbaceous black currant, licorice, and earthy notes emerge from this nearly opaque, dark ruby/purple-tinged 1982. Compared to the more elegant, feminine-styled wine often produced here, it is a beast. Dense, thick, rich, concentrated, and impressive, it can be drunk now and over the next two decades."
- Item #: i_345780Bottle Size: 750MLAccording to the Wine Spectator: "Very fresh and clean but rather lean, with berry flavor, medium body and firm tannins." Parker says: "Dark ruby with some amber at the edge, this wine has a ripe, intense, cassis smell. Moderately rich and tannic on the palate, with good depth..."
- Item #: i_344002Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 93Vinous Media: 93 PointsJames Suckling: 93Decanter: 93 PointsTIM ATKIN 94 POINTS - "Warm creamy hints of lime and pastry. Flowers and some very ripe rhubarb aromas. Grassy grapefruit and citrus pip/pith complexity. Deep baked lime and fresh floral complexity. Very good. Needs the oak it is about to get to round out and soften."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "A pure, bracing style, with jicama, white peach and honeysuckle notes. Shows a long fleur de sel edge on the finish. High-pitched and lovely."
- Item #: i_350991Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Fully mature and very attractive, the 2000 Brane Cantenac, which started a succession of brilliant wines from this famous estate in the Margaux appellation, has a dark plum/ruby/purple color, a sweet, juicy nose of blue, red, and black fruits, and a hint of damp earth as well as subtle herbs. Spicy, round, complex, very lush, and at its plateau of maturity, this wine should continue to drink well for another 10-15 years at minimum. This is Margaux elegance and silkiness at its very best."
- Item #: i_334137Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - One the finest Clerc Milons I have ever tasted, and showing better from bottle than from barrel, this blend of 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 36% Merlot, 11% Cabernet Franc and the rest a tiny bit of Carmenere and Petit Verdot has a complex nose of cedar wood, red and black fruits, white chocolate and creme de cassis. A very powerful wine at 14.5% natural alcohol (quite high for a Medoc), this wine has impressive purity and texture, a full-bodied mouthfeel, relatively sweet tannin, but an already endearing complexity, length and richness that are hard to ignore. This is a superb effort and one of the wines that is usually reasonably priced among the classified growths. Robert M. Parker, Jr.
- Item #: i_351830Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "A great sleeper of the vintage, this fully mature wine, made by Helene Garcin, has loads of deep raspberry and black cherry fruit with hints of licorice, toasty oak, and spice box. It is plush, succulent, and hedonistic, yet at the same time complex. I loved their 1998, and this wine seems to have turned out just as well. It has reached full maturity, where it should stay for at least a 10 to 15-year period."
- Item #: i_352922Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 92Wine Enthusiast: 92 PointsJeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsIf Chateau Belle-Vue isn't on you radar, it should be! We (happily) taste a lot of wine in the course of sourcing the best for Hi-Time and reject thousands of offerings that don't make the cut. The 2016 Belle-Vue was immediately appealing and several members of our wine staff lingered over this bottle and enjoyed more than one sample in the arduous and noble pursuit of further research.
This ready to drink Bordeaux is showing aromas of violets, black currants, blackberries and dark cherries. Subtle notes of vanilla, baking spice and earth added interest. On the palate, this wine is on the richer side of things, full-bodied and oh so silky smooth.
The quality of this wine is impressive and totally over-delivers for its humble price-point. Noted critic Jeb Dunnuck awarded this wine 93 Points stating Belle-Vue has "ultra-fine tannins and fabulous balance" and "it's almost too good to be true and should be snatched up by readers."
James Suckling said the wine "tastes like a very good Margaux!" This is high praise and actually right on point as Chateau Belle-Vue is located a stone's throw away from the Margaux classified growth, Chateau Giscours.
This rich, juicy, crowd pleasing wine will impress those who are not easily impressed. Even better, we bought everything they had and are selling it at the best price in the nation!
The quality to price ratio for this wine is off the charts and makes this an absolute no brainer.
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "The 2016 Château Belle-Vue is one awesome Haut-Médoc as well as an incredible value. Deeply colored, with a powerful bouquet of crème de cassis, black cherries, leafy herbs, and earth, it’s medium to full-bodied, has ultra-fine tannins and fabulous balance. A blend of 45% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Merlot, and 20% Petit Verdot, aged in 30% new French oak, it’s almost too good to be true and should be snatched up by readers."
JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "Thanks to its fragrance and discreet succulence, this tastes like a very good Margaux. That should be no surprise, because Belle-Vue’s vineyards lie immediately south of that appellation. Long and elegant finish. A blend of 45 per cent cabernet sauvignon, 35 per cent merlot and 20 per cent petit verdot. Drink or hold."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 92 POINTS - "This wine has a rich, generous character that gives it a full, dense texture. It has spice, ripe tannins and opulent blackberry tones.