- Item #: i_353206Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 95 PointsDecanter: 95 PointsDECANTER 95 POINTS "The only part of the Mouton vines that had some frost in 2017, yet maintaining its signature rich round flavours of creamy citrus and powerful white peach and pear notes. A bitter saffron point gives focus and lift on the finish. This is a brilliant Aile d'Argent, wonderfully balanced with real complexity, offering volume and structure through the palate and a saline-streaked juicy finish."
- Item #: i_311367Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 100WINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "Truly great stuff, this wine performed at a three-digit level both in the horizontal tasting of 2005s in Baltimore, as well as in Montreal at this mini-vertical. This sensational, opaque, bluish/purple wine offers up notes of vanillin, spring flowers, blueberry and blackberry liqueur, plus a touch of licorice. The wine hits the palate with a thunderous cascade of ripe, rich, concentrated fruit. It is full-bodied, multidimensional and layered. The tannins are beautifully integrated but still present, and the wood, acidity, alcohol, etc., are all beautifully assimilated in this magnificent, majestic vintage of Angelus. It can be drunk now, but it is still an adolescent and that suggests it has at least another 25-35 years of longevity."
- Item #: i_345082Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 99Wine Spectator: 97James Suckling: 99WINE ADVOCATE 99 POINTS - "Composed of 55% Merlot and 45% Cabernet Franc, the deep garnet colored 2010 Angélus has an open-for-business nose of baked plums, Black Forest cake and blueberry pie with touches of hoisin, Marmite toast and eucalyptus. Full-bodied, rich and oh-so-sensuous, the palate is jam-packed with decadent fruit and framed by firm, ripe, and rounded tannins, finishing with epic length."
JAMES SUCKLING 99 POINTS - "The nose is impressively rich with an opulence and sexiness with earth, berry, spice and chocolate character. Black truffles! Full body, with seamless tannins and beautiful richness. It goes on for minutes. The layers of fruit and ripe tannins are phenomenal. This is the greatest Angelus ever for me."
- Item #: i_353231Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97Wine Spectator: 96James Suckling: 99JAMES SUCKLING 99 POINTS - "A great wine with superb concentration and richness. yet it's ever so agile and polished. Spices, blueberries, cinnamon and dried flowers. Full body and polished and full tannins. Great length. The refinement to the tannins is amazing. Compacted. Essence-like. Needs five or six years to open. Try in 2025"
WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "A blend of 62% Merlot and 38% Cabernet Franc, the 2015 Angelus reveals a deep garnet-purple color and fragrant aromas of crushed red currants, warm plums and pencil shavings with hints of incense, sage, violets and tobacco. Full-bodied, very fine and intense yet exquisitely delicate with wonderful freshness, it has ripe yet firm, very finely grained tannins and an epically long, perfumed finish. With bags of perfume and a captivating plushness, this Angelus is a real head-turner!"
- Item #: i_345941Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 91JEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - ""It offers a perfumed, gorgeous bouquet of plums, incense, spice and hints of forest floor. Full-bodied, ripe and rounded, with a sexy, opulent style, lots of mid-palate depth, and a great finish, it's well worth your time and money and is a smoking deal at 20 bucks."
- Item #: i_334003Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 100ROBERT PARKER 100 POINTS - "Proprietor Alain Vauthier has produced a prodigious wine that captures the essence of Ausone's terroir. A saturated black/purple color is followed by sensational aromas of ink, cherries, blackberries, blueberries, and that wet stones/liquid minerality characteristic. The wine has phenomenal presence on the palate as well as astonishing richness and purity. Despite its extract, power, and richness, it is remarkably light, with a surreal delicacy. It is a tour de force in winemaking and a compelling expression of this magical terroir. It should prove to be legendary, but sadly, anyone over the age of 50 will probably not live to see it come close to maturity. Anticipated maturity: 2020-2075."
- Item #: i_399920Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 95#55 ON WINE SPECTATOR TOP 100 WINES OF 2018
WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "This brims with ripe, juicy plum, blackberry and açaí berry flavors, studded with licorice and fruitcake notes and backed by a nicely integrated apple wood detail through the finish. Pumps a lot of fruit out but does so energetically. Best from 2020 through 2035."
- Item #: i_353695Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Vinous Media: 95James Suckling: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 95JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS : "Showing spectacularly well on the two occasions I was able to taste it, the 2016 Château Beau-Séjour Bécot is a blend of 80% Merlot, 15% Cabernet Franc, and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon, aged 16 months in 90% new oak, and hitting a healthy 14.5% natural alcohol. This straight-up classy, seamless, ultra-fine Saint Emilion offers a beautiful bouquet of red currants, white truffles, spice, and flowers. With brilliant limestone character, fabulous intensity on both the nose and palate, ultra-fine tannins, and a magical texture, it’s approachable today yet has another 20+ years of prime drinking."
JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS : "Extremely aromatic and lifted on the nose with wild fruit and flowers, as well as chalk and mushroom undertones. Full body and ultra-fine tannins with beautiful grace and balance. Shows structure yet refinement at the same time. Needs four to five years to come completely together, but already so beautiful. Drink after 2023."
WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS : "Medium to deep garnet-purple colored, the 2016 Beau-Sejour Becot (80% Merlot, 15% Cabernet Franc and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon) is just a little closed to begin, opening out to reveal beautiful chocolate-covered cherries, preserved plums and black raspberries scents with touches of stewed tea, tobacco, red roses and cinnamon stick. Full-bodied and jam-packed with perfumed fruit layers, it has a rock-solid frame of ripe, finely grained tannins and layer upon layer of provocative black fruit and savory layers on the finish."
VINOUS 95 POINTS : "The 2016 Beauséjour Bécot has a sensual bouquet of pure red cherries and crushed strawberry laced with cedar and light graphite scents. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannin and well-judged acidity. The finish is harmonious and somehow just effortless. This actually reminds me of its neighbor, Château Canon. Could the 2016 represent the best Beauséjour Bécot ever made? Quite possibly."
- Item #: i_311225Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 100ROBERT PARKER 100 POINTS - "One of the most singular Bordeaux I have ever tasted, it verges on being port-like, but it pulls back because of the extraordinary minerality and laser-like focus. The wine is massively concentrated, still black/purple-hued to the rim, and offers a nose of incense, blackberries, blueberry liqueur, acacia flowers, and forest floor. It reveals low acidity and high tannins, which are largely concealed by the sheer concentration and lavish glycerin the wine possesses. Aging at a glacial pace, it is approachable, but it will not hit its peak until 2020; it should last for twenty years thereafter."
- Item #: i_353664Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 90JAMES SUCKLING 90 POINTS - "Attractive nose with loads of candied violets, raspberries and rose petals. Plum and some licorice. Full and nice texture on the palate with charming fruit and fine tannins. Enjoyable finish with medium length and a tasty licorice note. Drink from 2016."
- Item #: i_300152Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90Wine Spectator: 88James Suckling: 90-91ROBERTPARKER.COM 90 POINTS: "Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2015 Belgrave has a nose of crushed black currant, chocolate-covered cherries, warm plums and lilacs with touches of garrigue and forest floor. Medium to full-bodied with firm, ripe, grainy tannins and wonderfully pure black fruits with lovely floral accents, it finishes long and perfumed."
JAMES SUCKLING 90-91 POINTS: "A rich and spicy young red with chocolate, plum and berry aromas and flavors. Full and silky textured. Very attractive."
WINE SPECTATOR 88 POINTS: "Plump, with a core of steeped plum and fig preserve flavors, inlaid with hints of humus and tobacco. Reveals a juniper note on the relatively soft finish. Drink now through 2020. 18,833 cases made." –JM
- Item #: i_350937Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96+James Suckling: 96Jeb Dunnuck: 98WINE ADVOCATE 96+ POINTS - "Deep purple-black, the 2016 Bellevue Mondotte has a dark, seductive, opulent nose of star anise, cumin seed, dried roses, incense and cedar chest over a core of plum preserves, baked blueberries, dates and Christmas cake plus hints of unsmoked cigars and tapenade. The full-bodied palate is a behemoth of fruit with a rock-solid frame to match, featuring firm, grainy tannins and bold freshness, finishing very long and very spicy."
JEB DUNNUCK 98+ POINTS - "One of the standouts from the Right Bank is the 2016 Bellevue Mondotte, a powerful, full-bodied, structured effort that offers incredible minerality in its blackcurrant, graphite, new leather and burning ember-like aromas and flavors. A blend of 90% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc, and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon, from tiny yields and brought up all in new oak, it has remarkable purity and freshness, and is locked and loaded on the palate. Give this monument in the making 4-5 years of bottle age and it will cruise for 2-3 decades in cold cellars."
- Item #: i_344002Bottle Size: 750MLJames Suckling: 95Decanter: 94JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "This is really excellent with sliced apples, lemon rind, minerals and stones. Medium to full body, vivid and energetic acidity and a long and powerful, almost minerally finish. Wow. Inner quote mark (4/2017)
DECANTER 94 POINTS - "This offers more proof that the whites in the Médoc have resisted the heat of August. The pH here is 3.01, and certainly the impression in the glass is of beautiful freshness with a creamy mid-palate of white peaches, honeysuckle and gentle citrus sorbet. Fermented at a low temperature in a combination of stainless steel, one year old barrels and 45% new oak with a very light toast, this is very delicate and extremely pretty. A blend of 52% Sauvignon Blanc, 30% Semillon and 18% Muscadelle.
- Item #: i_350991Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Fully mature and very attractive, the 2000 Brane Cantenac, which started a succession of brilliant wines from this famous estate in the Margaux appellation, has a dark plum/ruby/purple color, a sweet, juicy nose of blue, red, and black fruits, and a hint of damp earth as well as subtle herbs. Spicy, round, complex, very lush, and at its plateau of maturity, this wine should continue to drink well for another 10-15 years at minimum. This is Margaux elegance and silkiness at its very best."
- Item #: i_353696Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 96James Suckling: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 94VINOUS 96 POINTS : "The 2015 Brane-Cantenac is powerful, structured and explosive in feel. A deep, resonant wine, the 2015 boasts off the charts ripeness allied to formidable structure and tannic heft. I imagine the 2015 is going to need a number of years to become approachable and more than that to be at its best. The dark stone fruit, smoke, tobacco, spice and leather flavors pack a huge punch, but it is the wine's balance that places it among the elite on the Left Bank in 2015. Brane-Cantenac is a total pleasure bomb. I can't wait to taste it with a little bottle age."
JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS : "The 2015 Château Brane-Cantenac checks in as a mix of 70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 26% Merlot and the balance Cabernet Franc and Carmenere brought up in roughly 75% new French oak. This medium to full-bodied beauty excels on all accounts and gives up gorgeous notes of blackcurrants, lead pencil, spice and hints of toasted bread. Polished, impeccably balanced, concentrated, and with ripe tannin, it’s a rock star in 2015 that can be drunk young or cellared for 20-25 years."
JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS : "Quite impressive ripe dark plums and blackberries with sweet, earthy depth and cedary background oak on the nose. The palate has smooth, slick tannins that carry rich dark fruit long and fresh. This has terrific energy and depth. Really vibrant. Incredible length."
- Item #: i_344003Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 96-98WINE ADVOCATE 96-98 POINTS: "The 2016 Brane-Cantenac is a blend of 70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 27% Merlot, 2% Cabernet Franc and 1% Carmenere picked from 22 September until 17 October (the tiny parcel of Carmenere picked three days later). The yields came in at 51 hectoliters per hectare and it is matured in 75% new oak and 25% one-year-old barrels, the final alcohol level 13.3%. It has a beautifully defined, very detailed bouquet with mineral-rich black fruit laced with cedar and graphite notes, living up to its nom de plume as the "Pauillac of Margaux." The palate is simply the best that I have ever tasted at the estate, without question. This has presence, but also weightlessness, filigree tannin and perfectly pitched acidity, with real intensity and drive. The tension here is outstanding and the persistence is incredibly long. It is not the showiest of all the 2016s by a long stretch, and yet it is everything you could possibly want from a Margaux. Like Beychevelle this year, the 2016 Brane-Cantenac puts recent vintages in the shade, thanks not only to the growing season, but also a new punching down system in their gravity-fed winery that was completed in 2015. The 2016 is a benchmark against which future vintages will be compared."
- Item #: i_334002Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 96WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "The 2009 Calon-Ségur is deep garnet in color and opens with a beautiful fragrance of redcurrant preserves, cassis, black cherry compote and red roses plus nuances of cigar box and cinnamon stick. Medium-bodied and wonderfully elegant in the mouth, it has a compelling line of very ripe, fine-grained tannins and oodles of freshness supporting the fragrant layers, finishing long and perfumed."
- Item #: i_353254Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95WINE ADVOCATE 95+ POINTS: "With some of the oldest vines in all of Bordeaux, especially one parcel from 1905, Belair Monange’s 2012 (14.5% alcohol) is a tribute to this great terroir that was poorly managed and exploited prior to the family of Jean-Pierre Moueix taking over. Now it is Christian Moueix and his son Edouard who manage the property and produce the wine. The 2012 is a beauty, with a deep ruby/purple color, complex notes of minerals, crushed rock, red and black fruits, a medium to full-bodied mouthfeel, great texture, long finish and true ability and character. It should age beautifully for 20 or more years and yet be drinkable another three or four." (APRIL 2015)
VINOUS 95 POINTS: "The 2012 Bélair-Monange brings together power and finesse in what is a very complete expression of Saint-Emilion. Beams of supporting tannins give the 2012 much of its energy. Red stone fruit, chalk, mint, spice and expressive floral notes are all nicely delineated. I expect the Bélair-Monange will drink better earlier than the other top wines in the Moueix stable. This is the first vintage that incorporates the Magdelaine vineyards, which were annexed in 2012. Bélair-Monange is now under the direction of Edouard Moueix, who lives on the property and seems determined to take the estate to the top of the hierarchy in Saint-Emilion. The 2012 is certainly a strong move in that direction."
WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS: "This is marked by a pleasantly firm chalky thread which frames and carries the core of pure damson plum, bitter cherry and red currant fruit. Light floral and alder notes hang in the background, while the minerality stretches everything out on the finish. Refined, restrained, long and should cellar well. Best from 2017 through 2027."
JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS: "Wonderful wine for the vintage with firm and silky tannins, savory and ripe fruit as well as hints of earth and mushrooms. Chalk and citrus undertones. Full body and a beautiful finish. Addition of Magadeline vineyards shows promise and expanded quality. Better after 2017."
- Item #: i_352922Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 92Wine Enthusiast: 92Jeb Dunnuck: 93If Chateau Belle-Vue isn't on you radar, it should be! We (happily) taste a lot of wine in the course of sourcing the best for Hi-Time and reject thousands of offerings that don't make the cut. The 2016 Belle-Vue was immediately appealing and several members of our wine staff lingered over this bottle and enjoyed more than one sample in the arduous and noble pursuit of further research.
This ready to drink Bordeaux is showing aromas of violets, black currants, blackberries and dark cherries. Subtle notes of vanilla, baking spice and earth added interest. On the palate, this wine is on the richer side of things, full-bodied and oh so silky smooth.
The quality of this wine is impressive and totally over-delivers for its humble price-point. Noted critic Jeb Dunnuck awarded this wine 93 Points stating Belle-Vue has "ultra-fine tannins and fabulous balance" and "it's almost too good to be true and should be snatched up by readers."
James Suckling said the wine "tastes like a very good Margaux!" This is high praise and actually right on point as Chateau Belle-Vue is located a stone's throw away from the Margaux classified growth, Chateau Giscours.
This rich, juicy, crowd pleasing wine will impress those who are not easily impressed. Even better, we bought everything they had and are selling it at the best price in the nation!
The quality to price ratio for this wine is off the charts and makes this an absolute no brainer.
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "The 2016 Château Belle-Vue is one awesome Haut-Médoc as well as an incredible value. Deeply colored, with a powerful bouquet of crème de cassis, black cherries, leafy herbs, and earth, it’s medium to full-bodied, has ultra-fine tannins and fabulous balance. A blend of 45% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Merlot, and 20% Petit Verdot, aged in 30% new French oak, it’s almost too good to be true and should be snatched up by readers."
JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "Thanks to its fragrance and discreet succulence, this tastes like a very good Margaux. That should be no surprise, because Belle-Vue’s vineyards lie immediately south of that appellation. Long and elegant finish. A blend of 45 per cent cabernet sauvignon, 35 per cent merlot and 20 per cent petit verdot. Drink or hold."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 92 POINTS - "This wine has a rich, generous character that gives it a full, dense texture. It has spice, ripe tannins and opulent blackberry tones.
- Item #: i_344263Bottle Size: 750MLJames Suckling: 92Wine Enthusiast: 90JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "Attractive violets and redcurrants with darker forest berries and graphite, too. The palate has a lithe and plush red-fruit core. Vibrant berries abound. Good wine."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 90 POINTS - "This generous wine comes from a 239-acre property. It has weight, layers of black-currant flavors balanced by rich tannins and juicy acidity. The fruitiness is intense, given essential freshness by the crisp aftertaste."
- Item #: i_351420Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 94James Suckling: 94Wine Enthusiast: 95WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "This wine is more backward than I would have normally expected, but nevertheless, it is very impressive. The 2010 Branaire-Ducru displays an inky bluish purple color and loads of mulberry, raspberry, black currant, graphite and floral notes in its intense aromatics. Medium to full-bodied , with sensational ripeness, purity, texture and length, the tannins are slightly more prominent than I remember from barrel, but they are sweet and ripe (as opposed to astringent and bitter). This beautiful wine needs 4-6 years of cellaring and should keep 25-30 years. 12/2013"
WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Very polished and stylish, with a velvety feel to the layers of crushed plum, currant and blackberry, while bittersweet cocoa and black licorice glide in on the gorgeous, black tea-infused finish. Features a lovely allure rather than raw power, making this possibly the prettiest St.-Julien of the vintage. There's plenty in the tank for cellaring as well. Best from 2014 through 2030."
- Item #: i_353003Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Advocate: 93-95Wine Spectator: 96Vinous Media: 95-97James Suckling: 96-97#2 ON WINE SPECTATOR TOP 100 WINES OF 2018
WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS - "Still youthfully tight and backward, with a well-roasted frame of alder and juniper holding sway for now, but the core of cassis, blackberry and plum fruit waits in reserve, showing prodigious depth. When the toast and fruit melds, the backdrop of tobacco, singed iron and chalky minerality will get a turn to show. There's a lot here. Built for the cellar. Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon. Best from 2025 through 2040."
ROBERTPARKER 93-95 POINTS - "The 2015 Canon la Gaffeliere is a blend of 55% Merlot, 38% Cabernet Franc and 7% Cabernet Sauvignon picked between 19 September and 6 October at 37 hl/ha and matured in 55% new oak barrels. It has another "cool" bouquet, a common thread among Comte Stephan Von Neipperg's 2015s - very restrained at first, nicely focused and gradually revealing undergrowth and even a subtle charcoal scent (probably from the Cabernet Sauvignon). The palate is medium-bodied with black fruit laced with graphite and cedar, the Cabernet brothers really defining the character of this Saint Emilion and edging it towards say, more Figeac in style. This is a fascinating 2015, more cerebral than previous vintages that I have tasted over the years."
VINOUSMEDIA 95-97 POINTS - "The 2015 Canon La Gaffelière is seriously impressive. Like all of Stephan von Neipperg's wines in this vintage, the Canon La Gaffelière is endowed with considerable richness and a sense of vertical structure. The significant presence of Cabernet Franc gives the wine striking aromatic lift, which it very much needs. Mocha, red cherry jam and sweet floral notes give the 2015 its soaring perfume. This exceptionally beautiful Saint-Émilion is going to need time to fully come together, but it is super-impressive, even in the early going. The 2015 has been nothing short of magnificent on the two occasions I have tasted it so far. The presence of Cabernet Franc is felt in the wine's strong aromatic signature." -- Antonio Galloni
JAMES SUCKLING 96-97 POINTS - "Very tight yet shows wonderful cream and lemon rind texture. Full and powerful with walnut and spice character. Linear and focused. 55% merlot, 37% cabernet franc and 8% cabernet sauvignon."