- Item #: i_353206Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 95 PointsDecanter: 95 PointsDECANTER 95 POINTS "The only part of the Mouton vines that had some frost in 2017, yet maintaining its signature rich round flavours of creamy citrus and powerful white peach and pear notes. A bitter saffron point gives focus and lift on the finish. This is a brilliant Aile d'Argent, wonderfully balanced with real complexity, offering volume and structure through the palate and a saline-streaked juicy finish."
- Item #: i_344031Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 89-91ROBERTPARKER.COM 89-91 POINTS: "The 2016 Alter Ego de Palmer is a blend of 40% Merlot, 48% Cabernet Sauvignon and 12% Petit Verdot this year (a little less Merlot than usual). That exuberant Merlot drives the aromatics along, almost citrus-like with scents of blood orange and blueberries soaring from the glass. The palate is medium-bodied with grainy tannin on the entry, quite sharp acidity at first, quite structured for an Alter Ego with a grippy finish. I think the new oak will bind this together, this sample coming from a used barrel."
VINOUSMEDIA 90-93 POINTS: "The 2016 Alter Ego represents a fairly big departure is style from what has been the norm in recent vintages. Bright red stone fruit, tobacco, flowers and herbs. The combination of less Merlot and naturally lower alcohol are among the factors that have contributed to an especially silky, perfumed Alter Ego built on considerable finesse." -- Antonio Galloni
- Item #: i_311367Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 100WINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "Truly great stuff, this wine performed at a three-digit level both in the horizontal tasting of 2005s in Baltimore, as well as in Montreal at this mini-vertical. This sensational, opaque, bluish/purple wine offers up notes of vanillin, spring flowers, blueberry and blackberry liqueur, plus a touch of licorice. The wine hits the palate with a thunderous cascade of ripe, rich, concentrated fruit. It is full-bodied, multidimensional and layered. The tannins are beautifully integrated but still present, and the wood, acidity, alcohol, etc., are all beautifully assimilated in this magnificent, majestic vintage of Angelus. It can be drunk now, but it is still an adolescent and that suggests it has at least another 25-35 years of longevity."
- Item #: i_345082Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 99Wine Spectator: 97James Suckling: 99WINE ADVOCATE 99 POINTS - "Composed of 55% Merlot and 45% Cabernet Franc, the deep garnet colored 2010 Angélus has an open-for-business nose of baked plums, Black Forest cake and blueberry pie with touches of hoisin, Marmite toast and eucalyptus. Full-bodied, rich and oh-so-sensuous, the palate is jam-packed with decadent fruit and framed by firm, ripe, and rounded tannins, finishing with epic length."
JAMES SUCKLING 99 POINTS - "The nose is impressively rich with an opulence and sexiness with earth, berry, spice and chocolate character. Black truffles! Full body, with seamless tannins and beautiful richness. It goes on for minutes. The layers of fruit and ripe tannins are phenomenal. This is the greatest Angelus ever for me."
- Item #: i_353231Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97Wine Spectator: 96James Suckling: 99JAMES SUCKLING 99 POINTS - "A great wine with superb concentration and richness. yet it's ever so agile and polished. Spices, blueberries, cinnamon and dried flowers. Full body and polished and full tannins. Great length. The refinement to the tannins is amazing. Compacted. Essence-like. Needs five or six years to open. Try in 2025"
WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "A blend of 62% Merlot and 38% Cabernet Franc, the 2015 Angelus reveals a deep garnet-purple color and fragrant aromas of crushed red currants, warm plums and pencil shavings with hints of incense, sage, violets and tobacco. Full-bodied, very fine and intense yet exquisitely delicate with wonderful freshness, it has ripe yet firm, very finely grained tannins and an epically long, perfumed finish. With bags of perfume and a captivating plushness, this Angelus is a real head-turner!"
- Item #: i_345941Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 91 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - ""It offers a perfumed, gorgeous bouquet of plums, incense, spice and hints of forest floor. Full-bodied, ripe and rounded, with a sexy, opulent style, lots of mid-palate depth, and a great finish, it's well worth your time and money and is a smoking deal at 20 bucks."
- Item #: i_334003Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 100ROBERT PARKER 100 POINTS - "Proprietor Alain Vauthier has produced a prodigious wine that captures the essence of Ausone's terroir. A saturated black/purple color is followed by sensational aromas of ink, cherries, blackberries, blueberries, and that wet stones/liquid minerality characteristic. The wine has phenomenal presence on the palate as well as astonishing richness and purity. Despite its extract, power, and richness, it is remarkably light, with a surreal delicacy. It is a tour de force in winemaking and a compelling expression of this magical terroir. It should prove to be legendary, but sadly, anyone over the age of 50 will probably not live to see it come close to maturity. Anticipated maturity: 2020-2075."
- Item #: i_399920Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 95#55 ON WINE SPECTATOR TOP 100 WINES OF 2018
WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "This brims with ripe, juicy plum, blackberry and açaí berry flavors, studded with licorice and fruitcake notes and backed by a nicely integrated apple wood detail through the finish. Pumps a lot of fruit out but does so energetically. Best from 2020 through 2035."
- Item #: i_300152Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90Wine Spectator: 88James Suckling: 90-91ROBERTPARKER.COM 90 POINTS: "Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2015 Belgrave has a nose of crushed black currant, chocolate-covered cherries, warm plums and lilacs with touches of garrigue and forest floor. Medium to full-bodied with firm, ripe, grainy tannins and wonderfully pure black fruits with lovely floral accents, it finishes long and perfumed."
JAMES SUCKLING 90-91 POINTS: "A rich and spicy young red with chocolate, plum and berry aromas and flavors. Full and silky textured. Very attractive."
WINE SPECTATOR 88 POINTS: "Plump, with a core of steeped plum and fig preserve flavors, inlaid with hints of humus and tobacco. Reveals a juniper note on the relatively soft finish. Drink now through 2020. 18,833 cases made." –JM
- Item #: i_350937Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96+James Suckling: 96Jeb Dunnuck: 98 PointsWINE ADVOCATE 96+ POINTS - "Deep purple-black, the 2016 Bellevue Mondotte has a dark, seductive, opulent nose of star anise, cumin seed, dried roses, incense and cedar chest over a core of plum preserves, baked blueberries, dates and Christmas cake plus hints of unsmoked cigars and tapenade. The full-bodied palate is a behemoth of fruit with a rock-solid frame to match, featuring firm, grainy tannins and bold freshness, finishing very long and very spicy."
JEB DUNNUCK 98+ POINTS - "One of the standouts from the Right Bank is the 2016 Bellevue Mondotte, a powerful, full-bodied, structured effort that offers incredible minerality in its blackcurrant, graphite, new leather and burning ember-like aromas and flavors. A blend of 90% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc, and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon, from tiny yields and brought up all in new oak, it has remarkable purity and freshness, and is locked and loaded on the palate. Give this monument in the making 4-5 years of bottle age and it will cruise for 2-3 decades in cold cellars."
- Item #: i_353153Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "I have noticed serious bottle variation with this wine, but recently it has been consistently scoring in the 94-96 point range. Beautifully sweet, slightly herbaceous black currant, licorice, and earthy notes emerge from this nearly opaque, dark ruby/purple-tinged 1982. Compared to the more elegant, feminine-styled wine often produced here, it is a beast. Dense, thick, rich, concentrated, and impressive, it can be drunk now and over the next two decades."
- Item #: i_353349Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Lovely warmed plum and black currant confiture flavors are starting to settle into a secondary phase as sweet tobacco, lightly singed alder and a perfumy incense note weave around. Nice focused, fine-grained finish."
- Item #: i_344002Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 94 PointsJames Suckling: 95Decanter: 94 PointsJAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "This is really excellent with sliced apples, lemon rind, minerals and stones. Medium to full body, vivid and energetic acidity and a long and powerful, almost minerally finish. Wow. Inner quote mark (4/2017)
DECANTER 94 POINTS - "This offers more proof that the whites in the Médoc have resisted the heat of August. The pH here is 3.01, and certainly the impression in the glass is of beautiful freshness with a creamy mid-palate of white peaches, honeysuckle and gentle citrus sorbet. Fermented at a low temperature in a combination of stainless steel, one year old barrels and 45% new oak with a very light toast, this is very delicate and extremely pretty. A blend of 52% Sauvignon Blanc, 30% Semillon and 18% Muscadelle.
- Item #: i_353293Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 93Wine Enthusiast: 95 PointsJAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "This is so delicious now with plum, chocolate and hazelnut character. Full-bodied, layered and yummy. Round tannins are so integrated. Really hard not to drink now. So why not? Second wine of Chateau d’Issan."
- Item #: i_350991Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Fully mature and very attractive, the 2000 Brane Cantenac, which started a succession of brilliant wines from this famous estate in the Margaux appellation, has a dark plum/ruby/purple color, a sweet, juicy nose of blue, red, and black fruits, and a hint of damp earth as well as subtle herbs. Spicy, round, complex, very lush, and at its plateau of maturity, this wine should continue to drink well for another 10-15 years at minimum. This is Margaux elegance and silkiness at its very best."
- Item #: i_351922Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 95JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "Gorgeous ripe fruit character, with loads of blueberries, blackberries and flowers. Full body, with velvety tannins and a fruity, fresh, grapefruit aftertaste. Really beautiful. Best ever from here. Best after 2018."
- Item #: i_353254Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95WINE ADVOCATE 95+ POINTS: "With some of the oldest vines in all of Bordeaux, especially one parcel from 1905, Belair Monange’s 2012 (14.5% alcohol) is a tribute to this great terroir that was poorly managed and exploited prior to the family of Jean-Pierre Moueix taking over. Now it is Christian Moueix and his son Edouard who manage the property and produce the wine. The 2012 is a beauty, with a deep ruby/purple color, complex notes of minerals, crushed rock, red and black fruits, a medium to full-bodied mouthfeel, great texture, long finish and true ability and character. It should age beautifully for 20 or more years and yet be drinkable another three or four." (APRIL 2015)
VINOUS 95 POINTS: "The 2012 Bélair-Monange brings together power and finesse in what is a very complete expression of Saint-Emilion. Beams of supporting tannins give the 2012 much of its energy. Red stone fruit, chalk, mint, spice and expressive floral notes are all nicely delineated. I expect the Bélair-Monange will drink better earlier than the other top wines in the Moueix stable. This is the first vintage that incorporates the Magdelaine vineyards, which were annexed in 2012. Bélair-Monange is now under the direction of Edouard Moueix, who lives on the property and seems determined to take the estate to the top of the hierarchy in Saint-Emilion. The 2012 is certainly a strong move in that direction."
WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS: "This is marked by a pleasantly firm chalky thread which frames and carries the core of pure damson plum, bitter cherry and red currant fruit. Light floral and alder notes hang in the background, while the minerality stretches everything out on the finish. Refined, restrained, long and should cellar well. Best from 2017 through 2027."
JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS: "Wonderful wine for the vintage with firm and silky tannins, savory and ripe fruit as well as hints of earth and mushrooms. Chalk and citrus undertones. Full body and a beautiful finish. Addition of Magadeline vineyards shows promise and expanded quality. Better after 2017."
- Item #: i_344263Bottle Size: 750MLJames Suckling: 92Wine Enthusiast: 90 PointsJAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "Attractive violets and redcurrants with darker forest berries and graphite, too. The palate has a lithe and plush red-fruit core. Vibrant berries abound. Good wine."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 90 POINTS - "This generous wine comes from a 239-acre property. It has weight, layers of black-currant flavors balanced by rich tannins and juicy acidity. The fruitiness is intense, given essential freshness by the crisp aftertaste."
- Item #: i_353101Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Advocate: 94James Suckling: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "This fully mature, gorgeous 2003 Branaire Ducru possesses silky tannins, lots of cedary, spice box, floral, black cherry, forest floor and velvety leather-like notes, full body, and an opulent, complex yet elegant style. A beauty of complexity, richness and finesse."
JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "Extremely perfumed, with currants, blackberries, and flowers on the nose. Full bodied, with a solid core of beautiful fruit and super chewy, yet polished tannins. This is a brick house. Pull the cork after 2016."
- Item #: i_351420Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 94James Suckling: 94Wine Enthusiast: 95 PointsWINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "This wine is more backward than I would have normally expected, but nevertheless, it is very impressive. The 2010 Branaire-Ducru displays an inky bluish purple color and loads of mulberry, raspberry, black currant, graphite and floral notes in its intense aromatics. Medium to full-bodied , with sensational ripeness, purity, texture and length, the tannins are slightly more prominent than I remember from barrel, but they are sweet and ripe (as opposed to astringent and bitter). This beautiful wine needs 4-6 years of cellaring and should keep 25-30 years. 12/2013"
WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Very polished and stylish, with a velvety feel to the layers of crushed plum, currant and blackberry, while bittersweet cocoa and black licorice glide in on the gorgeous, black tea-infused finish. Features a lovely allure rather than raw power, making this possibly the prettiest St.-Julien of the vintage. There's plenty in the tank for cellaring as well. Best from 2014 through 2030."