- Item #: i_211240Bottle Size: 750mlAncient Peak's 2018 Sauvignon Blanc exhibits a vivid varietal character that is rooted in their estate Margarita Vineyard. Here, amid one of the Paso Robles region's coolest growing environments, the Sauvignon Blanc grape achieves a fine balance of ripeness and raciness, with crisp acidity and appealing mineral accents. The wine offers vibrant aromas of guava, jasmine, apricot and lemon rind. A juicy texture reveals luscious stone fruit flavors complemented by quenching notes of lime and mineral. Notes of spice join crisp acidity on a clean, refreshing finish.
- Item #: i_200770Bottle Size: 750mlAlthough Sonoma County appears as just a small puzzle piece in the northern reaches of the state, its unique geography, from its coastal mountain ranges and gaps, to its inland valleys makes for an incredibly diverse and dynamic growing region. Using this to the winery's advantate, Angeline toook careful consideration in selecting each of their vineyard sites throughout the county in order to both showcase its breadth and scope as well as how these different microclimates can complement each other. Rooted in the Russian River Valley, but with sources as far north as the warm, sunny slopes of the Dry Creek Valley, this Sauvignon Blanc pays due homage to its unique home.
With fresh tropical aromas of passionfruit and guava, followed by juicy green apple, gooseberry, and zesty citrus zest this wine is layered with a definitive minerality and subtle savory notes of lemongrass. An easy drinker with a round creamy palate, balanced by a bright acidity and a lingering ripened fruit finish.
- Item #: i_204800Bottle Size: 750mlWINEMAKERS NOTES - "Vibrant and fresh…This Sauvignon Blanc is easy to enjoy. Bogle winemakers use reductive winemaking techniques and cold fermentation in stainless steel tanks to create a classically-styled wine which captivates the true varietal essence of the grape. Lively citrus zest and lemongrass notes color the nose, while the clean and and refreshing flavors of key lime and freshly cut grass are intensely aromatic. The mouthfeel, bracing with acidity, remains laced with touches of softer, enticing fruit. Finishing crisp and satisfying, this wine makes your mouth water for more."
- Item #: i_206060Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92We’ve tasted this over the years and each time we do, it has impressed and electrified us! It's the Sauv Blanc that many wish they could make, and the type that everybody loves to drink. This is Brander's best Sauvignon Blanc, made from selected estate grapes in the classic Loire Valley style; 100% Sauv Blanc, with no oak and no malolactic fermentation.
ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "The 2018 Sauvignon Blanc Au Naturel is soft, creamy and so inviting. Hints of petrol, lime and jasmine add an exotic flair that is impossible to miss. The Au Naturel is another of the wines in the range that emphasizes the texture and breadth Sauvignon can achieve."
- Item #: i_208820Bottle Size: 750mlMade by highly-touted winemaker Julien Fayard, the grapes for thie Sauvignon Blanc come from a certified organic vineyard in the heart of the Napa Valley, and only 77 cases were produced! In the glass you'll notice its straw color with a golden tinge on the rim. The nose offers an instant waft of tropical fruit with Meyer lemon's perfume. Delicate floral aromas remind you of Spring time in the garden. On the palate the wine is expressive with a rich silkiness, a pure pleasure. A subtle spice from the small time of oak aging adds just the right mouth feel to this estate wine.
- Item #: i_277382Bottle Size: 750mlWhen Cliff Lede (pronounced "LAY-dee") was in his late 20s, he was given his first taste of good Bordeaux. After that, as it has been said so many times before, he was hooked! Since that time, he has acquired a vineyard in the Napa Valley, and immediately assembled a team who is dedicated to taking Bordeaux varietals to a whole new level... and they’re doing what it takes to achieve that!
At the head of the winemaking team is the talented and dedicated Michelle Edwards. She earned a B.S. in viticulture and enology ad UC Davis, endured 12-hour graveyard shifts at a grape-crushing facility in southern Australia, and worked harvests at Peter Michael and J Vineyards & Winery. She came to Cliff Lede Vineyards from Colgin Cellars, where she served as the assistant winemaker for three years, and worked with master viticulturist David Abreu. David is now managing the vineyards at Cliff Lede, and together, he and Michelle continue working to source the secrets of each vintage.
Winemaker's Notes: "Born in the glorious 2018 vintage, this year's Sauvignon Blanc is a revelrous elixir that flourishes a multitudinous array of citrus tinged aromas and flavors. The exceedingly seductive perfume of orange blossom, pink fleshed grapefruit, and warm lemon souffle entices, whilst restorative verdant notes ascend out of the glass and meld with hints of lemon verbena, tarragon, and ginger. The entrance boasts a brace of lemon candy across the palate followed by an unraveling of lemon meringue, tangerine marmalade, and lychee flavors. With air the wine further complexes and is punctuated by plump apricots, toasted brioche, and crushed chalk. This fun, sexy, and smart wine is imbued with a delightfully bright acidity and a long, rich full-bodied texture."
- Item #: i_209560Bottle Size: 750mlJohn Bolta worked the Caymus bottling line for years before he began to work alongside Chuck Wager in the winemaking duties. In 1988, John became the winemaker for the white wines, and he created Conundrum, a blend unlike any other at the time. The idea is to produce a wine full of fruit flavors, yet retain complexity and balance. While this wine is often imitated, there truly is only one Conundrum white wine. Grapes come from Napa, Monterey, and Santa Barbara Counties, and the wine is a blend of Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon, Muscat Canelli, and Viognier. From the second you pour yourself a glass, you are invited with intriguing aromas of green apple, tangerine, and honeysuckle blossoms. The taste is best described as exotic and ever so slightly sweet, with layers of peach, apricot nectar, green melon and pear, overlaid with subtle notes of citrus zest and spicy vanilla. A rich, round mouth feel supported by fresh acidity brings the complexity of this wine into balance.
- Item #: i_216250Bottle Size: EACHA blend of Sauvignon Blanc from two certified organic vineyards, one in Eola-Amity Hills, and the other in the Columbia Gorge.
- Item #: i_215960Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 95If you've ever had any of the Dagueneau Sauvignon Blancs from France's Loire Valley, then you know those wines are things of beauty. It was over a glass of Dagueneau that brothers Steve and John Dragonette and close friend Brandon Sparks-Gillis decided to leave their jobs at a Los Angeles wine shop and search throughout Santa Barbara's Santa Ynez Valley to find vineyards that could best exemplify the enticing characteristics of this grape. They have found those vineyards, and now their Sauvignon Blancs have become some of our favorites! The Vogelzang Vineyard is our favorite bottling of Sauvignon Blanc from the boys. Situated on a gently sloping bed of well-drained, gravelly loam with serpentine, the warm to hot summer days and cool to cold evenings is ideal for promoting full phenolic ripeness while still retaining critical acidity.
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "The 2017 Sauvignon Blanc Vogelzang Vineyard comes from more gravelly soils and spent 12 months in 10% new oak followed by six months in tank. It's the most exotic of the releases and has a big perfume of exotic flowers, white currants, figs, and honeysuckle. Beautifully textured, medium-bodied, with good acidity but plenty of richness and length, it's another singular, gorgeous Sauvignon Blanc from this estate that's up with the best of the best."
- Item #: i_215991Bottle Size: 750mlThe boys at Dragonette bonded over a bottle of Didier Dagueneau, and searched throughout Santa Barbara's Santa Ynez Valley to find vineyards that could best exemplify the enticing characteristics of this grape. They have found those vineyards, and now their Sauvignon Blancs have become some of our favorites! Happy Canyon, with its unique soils and climate - warm to hot summer days and cool to cold evenings - is ideal for promoting full phenolic ripeness while still retaining critical acidity. This bottling represents an appellation blend of lots they feel express the characteristics of Happy Canyon; explosive, bright yellow and tropical fruits and melons balanced by fresh, clean and present acidity, but without the herbaceousness sometimes associated with the grape. The Happy Canyon bottling is a 50-50 blend of grapes from Grassini and Vogelzang, both top notch vineyards, exquisitely farmed for ultra high quality. The wine was fermented and aged on its lees in 90% neutral oak barrels and 10% stainless steel. The wine demonstrates the classic Vogelzang tropical fruit notes along with the elegant energy of the Grassini vineyard and great body and length.
- Item #: i_265430Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaking is in Ryan Kunde's blood, growing up as a fifth generation winegrower on his family estate, dating back to 1904. Blending the craft of winemaking with science, Ryan stepped out on his own by starting a new winery with his wife, Katie, and her family.
Brilliant pale straw yellow in color with a tinge of lime green. This wine has a lively nose with aromas of lemon grass, passion fruit, lychee, guava, and lime jumping out of the glass. A harmonious and concentrated balance of classic varietal characteristics and satisfying mid-palate weight. This expressive and versatile wine pairs well with rich cheeses like Brie or Roquefort, Italian pizza, or even a cheeseburger.
- Item #: i_216685Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleThis delicious wine incorporates small amounts of Sauvignon Musque and Sauvignon Gris which adds a layer of depth and a fleshy, full-bodied mouthfeel. At first swirl, this wine presents tropical aromas of pineapple, passionfruit, melon and orange liqueur. On the palate, flavors of lemon curd, guava, tangerines and mineral notes come through with a slightly creamy, but lively finish. Stainless steel fermentation was supplemented with small amounts of chestnut, acacia and French oak barrels adding additional character and nuance to this delicious wine. Seamless from start to finish, this is an elegant and refined Sauvignon Blanc.
- Item #: i_216510Bottle Size: 750mlDry Creek Vineyard has produced Fume Blanc since 1972--this is a wine at the heart and soul of this family winery. Modeled after the classic wines from the Loire Valley in France, this stainless steel-fermented, no-oak style Fume Blanc is crisp, balanced and immediately drinkable. Winery founder David Stare was the first vintner to plant Sauvignon Blanc in the Dry Creek Valley, and they proudly carry his legacy forward in producing this classic, dry, white wine. This is wine as distinctive and vibrant as the sailboats gracing their winery labels since 1982 (they are passionate about the sport!).
The nose on this Fume is rich: notes of citrus, Meyer lemon and kaffir lime, with a touch of creamy gooseberry, spring melon and salt air. The palate starts lush with amply viscosity as flavors of lemon-lime citrus, white peach and lemon grass meld seamlessy--all while being uplifted by streaks of clean minerality and buoyant acidity. Rigged for running, this delicious, crisp, fruit-filled wine is definitely ship-shape and Bristol fashion--perfect for hot August nights and fresh oysters.
- Item #: i_216680Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Notes - "Our Dry Creek Valley Sauvignon Blanc incorporates small amounts of Sauvignon Musque and Sauvignon Gris, which adds a layer of depth and a fleshy, full-bodied mouthfeel. At first swirl, this wine presents tropical aromas of pineapple, passionfruit, white peach and Meyer lemon. On the palate, flavors of lime, nectarine, mango and honeysuckle come through with a slightly creamy, but lively finish. Stainless steel fermentation was supplemented with small amounts of chestnut, acacia and French oak barrels adding additional character and nuance to this delicious wine. Seamless from start to finish, this is an elegant and refined Sauvignon Blanc."
- Item #: i_223060Bottle Size: 750mlContinuing the legacy of the Wagner Family's other profound wine ventures such as Caymus, Belle Glos, and Conundrum, Jenny Wagner takes the reins of Emmolo Winery and is making a hit with these new releases! Her family has a long-standing history in Napa Valley beginning with her great-grandfather, Italian immigrant, Salvatore Emmolo, who planted grapevines and started a grapevine rootstock nursery in Rutherford in the 1920's. His son, and Jenny's grandfather, Frank Emmolo, ran Emmolo Nursery and built a strong following amongst Napa Valley grapegrowers - becoming the leading supplier to Napa Valley vintners for five decades.
Jenny Wagner believes the key to creating a truly unique expression of California Sauvignon Blanc begins in the vineyards. A variety of effective methods were taken to decrease crop production for higher quality wine, including bloom brushing, root pruning and deficit irrigation.
In Jenny Wagner's opinion, Sauvignon Blanc runs the risk of being overly herbaceous, overly oaked, or simply one-dimensional. She feels a good Sauvignon Blanc should have natural firm acidity, crisp fruit and bright minerality, like that of a wet stone - a style of Sauvignon Blanc that can be enjoyed on its own as an aperitif or paired with a wide variety of food. Inspired by the idea that less is more, this wine is more minerality-driven than fruit-driven. Not grassy or overly ripe, it features delicate fruit flavors and steely, mineral notes. Starting with the 2019 vintage, our grapes come from Napa Valley and Suisun Valley, a "hidden gem" only 30 minutes from Napa that shares a similar maritime climate. In both regions, we harvest the fruit at just the right moment to achieve both firm acidity and low alcohol. Bottled using a Guala twist top in lieu of cork.
- Item #: i_218420Bottle Size: 750mlEric Kent takes their Sauvignon Blanc very seriously. It requires a lot of extra work and expense, but the payoff is always worth it. Two magnificent vineyard sources are the heart of the wine (Dry Stack and Fallenleaf), both planted to exotic clonal selections providing decidedly excellent raw material. Over the years the winery has employed a mixture of techniques to bring out the best in this lively fruit. Cold, slow fermentation in stainless steel tanks for freshness, a small but critical percentage of French oak barrel, plus some skin contact carbonic fermentation to bring the uncommon texture and weight.
Instead of the usual grassy/lemony sipper, Cuvee Renee offers a riot of guava, passionfruit, lemongrass and pink grapefruit. A hair more precise than previous iterations, there's a lovely viscosity on the palate and the finish is long, fresh and succulent.
- Item #: i_220550Bottle Size: 750MLThis wine has delicious aromas and flavors of grapefruit, lemon grass, lychee, pear, citrus, orange blossom, peach and a touch of minerality. The Fumé Blanc has bright acidity and crisp freshness from the cool, stainless steel tank fermentation, while the subtle oak character from neutral French oak barrels adds body, complexity and depth.
- Item #: i_219710Bottle Size: 750mlOnly 0.09g of sugar, 114 calories, and 2.7g of carbs per 5oz serving. Made from estate grown Sauvignon Blanc grapes, the intense vineyard management and slow, extended secondary fermentation add to this exceptionally dry yet fruity upfront wine, with light mineral undertones to create a unique yet characteristic finish.
- Item #: i_223730Bottle Size: 750mlThe wine opens with aromas of honeydew melon, mandarin, lemongrass, and peach. The palate is fresh and vibrant with flavors of cantaloupe, apricot, tangerine and white floral notes. The finish has plenty of minerality and viscosity which makes it great on its own or paired with a variety of fresh, seasonal spring and summer dishes.