- Item #: i_351076Bottle Size: 750mlLocated in the Languedoc region of the South of France, a stone’s throw away from the Mediterranean sea. Chateau Maris offers sustainable, organic wines. Maris Minervois wine is a blend of Syrah & Grenache, in AOP Minervois. Aromas of blackberry, black cherry, pepper, and blackcurrant. Attractive mouth with a fruited palate. A comforting everyday wine perfect for a roast, barbecue and sharing with friends.
- Item #: i_300108Bottle Size: 750MLA blend of: 40% Marsanne, 30% Ugni blanc, 25% Clairette, 5% Bourboulenc
Cassis is not only an active port, but what Kermit calls "an earthly paradise." The vineyards of Clos Sainte Magdeleine are particularly stunning. They jut out on a private cape to meet majestic limestone cliffs, poised spectacularly above the sparkling, azure Mediterranean. With landscapes such as these, it is only fitting that writers and poets alike have found inspiration in Cassis. Only a handful of vignerons today are fortunate enough to produce A.O.C. Cassis, and the small quantities available are largely consumed locally with fresh fish—the best way to enjoy them. The Sack-Zafiropulos family has been making wine here for four generations and has continued to craft wines of grace and finesse, just as they were when founder Jules Savon won the Gold Medal for the domaine at the World's Fair in 1900. That they share their limited quantities with us makes this long-term relationship all the more special.
Viticulture and vinification at Clos Sainte Magdeleine is under the direction of Francois Sack. The domaine bottles both a white and a rose, the latter of which is especially limited. Sack just started the three-year long conversion to organic viticulture, a philosophic progression after years of sustainable farming. Clos Sainte Magdeleine's success lies in an uncanny ability to capture a dichotomous nerve and sun-kissed unctuousness in their wines, making them both incredibly food-friendly and delicious entirely on their own.
- Item #: i_350734Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 93JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "A blend of 74% Syrah and 26% Grenache that was brought in a mix of tank and used barrels, the 2017 Bastide Miraflors has a fabulous minerality as well as terrific kirsch, black raspberry, wild fennel, white pepper, and hints of black licorice aromas and flavors. Pure, medium to full-bodied, silky, and seamless on the palate, it's perfectly balanced, and way over-delivers. Drink it over the coming 2-3 years."
- Item #: i_353968Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 91WINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS - "Fresh blackberry and plum are edged by fragrant notes of violet and garrigue in this Syrah-dominant blend. While full bodied and opulent, it’s a fruity, elegant wine, with a bold, peppery finish. Lovely now, it should hold well through 2025. Best Buy."
- Item #: i_353504Bottle Size: 750ml"Apparente" started as a collaboration between Cyril Cuche and famed natural winemaker Eric Texier. Puech Redon is a large and diverse property located in the Languedoc, with a total of 380 hectares that are split between 200h of grain, 52h of vines, and over 100h of woods and garrigues. Cyril's grandfather acquired this land in the aftermath of World War II, and Cyril himself has been at the helm for over 20 years. Under his father, the property was farmed conventionally for 30 years. Cyril, seeing the potential of such a large, contained area, decided from the get-go that it had great potential for organic agriculture and prioritized biodiversity. Un-fined, unfiltered, with no sulfur added, this juicy red really shines with a firm chill. Grilled sausage and veggies comes to mind...
- Item #: i_322196Bottle Size: 750MLIn the late 1990s, René Rostaing, a great Northern Rhone wine maker, purchased a property in the Côteaux du Languedoc near Nîmes. Located in a relatively cool microclimate with limestone soils, grows Syrah with small amounts of Mourvèdre, Grenache, and Rolle. The terroir yields a slight garrique character. It may be the best example yet of the Rostaing's ethic: elegant, yet concentrated; expressive, but subtle; hedonistic, but cerebral.