- Item #: i_353438Bottle Size: 750mlThis highly aromatic Côte de Brouilly oozes with flavors of kirsch, crushed rocks, potpourri, and ripe raspberries. Juicy and fresh, the wine’s tangy acidity and structured backbone lead to a long finish. Drink over the next five years.
- Item #: i_354045Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Exuberant aromas of raspberries, blackberries and cherries introduce the 2019 Chiroubles Chatenay, a medium to full-bodied, ample and fleshy wine that's round and enveloping, with a charming core of fruit and melting, delicately powdery tannins. It will drink well young."
- Item #: i_354044Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Offering up aromas of red plums, berries, raw cocoa and spices, the 2019 Côte de Brouilly Cuvée Melanie is medium to full-bodied, supple and velvety, with a fleshy core of fruit, melting tannins and lively acids. Bright and charming, it's produced from a south-facing site near Château Thivin."
- Item #: i_354046Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2019 Morgon Corcelette Vieilles Vignes Cailloux is once again quite structured this year, though it's not as brooding and muscular as its 2018 counterpart. Revealing aromas of raspberries, cherries, burning embers and sweet soil tones, it's medium to full-bodied, with a deep core of fruit, lively acids and a chassis of fine but abundant tannins."
- Item #: i_354047Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2019 Morgon Corcelette Vieilles Vignes Sable is excellent, unfurling in the glass with aromas of cherries, plums, violets and orange rind. Medium to full-bodied, fleshy and muscular, built around succulent acids and powdery tannins, it's elegantly structured and built to age, even if it's charming enough to be enjoyed young—the 2011 vintage from my own cellar is drinking brilliantly."
- Item #: i_354049Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "The 2019 Morgon Les Delys Vignes plantées en 1926 has turned out brilliantly, wafting from the glass with aromas of ripe cherries, blackberries, strawberries, sweet soil tones and spices. Medium to full-bodied, deep and layered, it's seamless and multidimensional, and with striking concentration, succulent acids and powdery tannins, it's long and penetrating. While this is carrying less puppy fat than the 2018 at the same age, it's still quite a demonstrative, fruit-driven vintage of Les Delys, and while it will be long-lived, it can also be approached young."
- Item #: i_354048Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Aromas of cherries, blackberries, cassis, dark chocolate and smoked meats introduce the 2019 Morgon Pré Jourdan, a medium to full-bodied, fleshy and generous wine with an ample core of nicely concentrated fruit, succulent acids and fine, elegantly chalky tannins. As readers will remember, this new cuvée—which debuted with the 2018 vintage—derives from a lieu-dit near the village in the direction of Fleurie."
- Item #: i_345213Bottle Size: 750MLJean-Louis is a devout practitioner of organic viticulture and the property has been certified by ECOCERT since 2009. Harvest is done by hand and grapes are immediately placed in tank at low temperatures to begin carbonic maceration (without sulfur)
The wines of Jean-Louis Dutraive are some of the most unique aromatically and texturally in all of Beaujolais. One whiff, and the wines display an almost exotic floral and spicy aroma overlayed over lush minerally Gamay fruit, sort of like a top Morey St. Denis 1er or Grand Cru nose combined with earthy, Volnay-like fruit. There is also a textural lushness and exuberance backed up by ample structure and acid. These are substantial Beaujolais, and ones that could certainly stand up to food. They also have the requisite material to develop and evolve over the medium term, i.e. 10-12 years of aging, easily!
- Item #: i_353209Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 94The estate of Domaine de la Grand Cour dates back to 1969 when it was purchased by Jean Dutraive, making it one of the oldest in the village of Fleurie. Jean-Louis is a devout practitioner of organic viticulture with the property having been certified by ECOCERT in 2009. Dutraive, however, was practicing organic viniculture many years before that. The wines undergo traditional vinification without sulfur and with native yeast at very low temperatures, with carbonic maceration and little or no filtering. Jean-Louis' motto in the cellar is "minimal intervention and maximum surveillance. Aromas of dark cherry, violets and exotic spices on the nose. Rustic and complex on the palate, Dutraive compares the Grand'Cour to a baby Beaune Rouge in its muscle and breadth.
- Item #: i_345214Bottle Size: 750MLJean-Louis Dutraive represents the fifth generation of Domaine de la Grand’Cour, joining his father at the estate in 1977. The family’s total holdings comprise 10.6 hectares, farmed all organically. Fruit for the 2017 ‘Les Deduits’ comes from old vine plots, vinified in concrete and aged in oak for six months. Dark fruited and fresh, full bright, thirst-quenching acidity and silky tannins; serve slightly chilled with pizza, pasta, or tacos.
Viticulture: No herbacides or pesticides, organically farmed.
Vinification: Traditional vinification without sulfur and with natural yeast at very low temperatures. Carbonic maceration and little or no filtering.
- Item #: i_351397Bottle Size: 750mlThe Famille Dutraive négociant business was created by Jean-Louis himself, after losing 90% of his crop to frost in 2016. The family sources only organically farmed fruit from local growers, vinifying carbonically with native yeast. The 2017 ‘Clos du Chapitre’ comes from a single parcel, vinified in concrete and aged in steel/neutral oak for six months; energetic and bright, full of fresh red-fruit flavors and soil-driven undertones.
- Item #: i_350518Bottle Size: 750mlStarting with old vines, never using synthetic herbicides or pesticides, harvesting late, rigorously sorting to remove all but the healthiest grapes, adding minimal doses of sulfur dioxide or none at all, and refusing both chaptalization and filtration. These techniques allow the character of Morgon to express itself naturally, without any cosmetic surgery: rustic and spicy yet also refreshing and loaded with the minerality of the granitic vineyards.