- Item #: i_201060Bottle Size: 500mlEvery so often, one of our wine distributors bring us a wine that throws us for aloop...this is one of those times! Mueller-Thurgau is a cross of two different varieties. This was done by Hermann Mueller from the town of Thurgau (yes, coming up witha name is that easy!). As of 2006, it is the second most widely planted grape in Germany, yet is also planted in Austria, Italy, U.S.A., and Australia, among others. It is hard to think a grape this obscure would actually light a fire under us, but this wine offers so much flavor, texture, and sheer pleasure, that every single person who tried it with the vendor was amazed!
Anne Amie offers two renditions of their Muller Thurgau dessert wines, one called "Anne" and the other called "Amie". The Anne bottling received a 7-month cool fermentaion, creating a Vin Glace dessert wine that highlights notes of honeysuckle, apricot and pineapple. This would pair exceptionally well with freshly sliced pears and pineapple upside down cake.
- Item #: i_216078Bottle Size: 375ML**Please note, this is a half sized bottleAromas of apricot, poached pear and orange rind dominate the more subtle clove and mineral notes. The flavors mimic the aromas on the nose, melding with a mouthwatering texture and added notes of juicy orange and citrus blossom. This wine shows the restraint of youthfulness with the expectation that its bottle bouquet will emerge with a few more years of bottle age.
- Item #: i_274035Bottle Size: 500MLClose your eyes...imagine the flavor of a chocolate kiss melting with your tongue on a summer afternoon. Now open your eyes and find yourself a glass to pour this "manifestation in liquid form" of America's favorite fetish... Chocolate! Combined with the velvety rich character of our fine Cucamonga port, this release has no rivals but the fight with your guests as to who will get the last glass. The sweet creamy feel on your tongue and the aroma of chocolate make you taste what you smell. What translates as "Sweet Heaven", Fondante Ciello truly is. The original chocolate-essenced port wine which is great over fresh berries or vanilla bean ice cream. WOW! Multi-gold medals. 18.3% alc by vol. Limited production (500mls).
- Item #: i_231930Bottle Size: 375ML**Please note, this is a half sized bottleThe red berry characteristics of the vinifera grape Cabernet Franc translate as an Icewine into strawberry like aromas and flavours. This Icewine is completely different from the white Icewines. The colour comes from pressing only as there is no skin contact during fermentation. The earlier it is harvested, the darker the colour and the deeper the flavours.
- Item #: i_231900Bottle Size: 375ML**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWINE ENTHUSIAST 94 POINTS - "Intensely aromatic, this wine brings concentrated flavors of peach syrup, apricot jam and candied pineapple. Lush and tongue-coating, the sweetness (250 g/L residual sugar) is adequately offset with acidity, and as it rolls down the throat brings added layers of maple syrup, butterscotch and butter brickle. Editors' Choice
Vidal is a hybrid (Ugni Blanc and Seibel) that has a thick skin suitable for harvesting late in the season. It is the grape grown most for Icewine in Ontario. It's good natural acidity gives great structure to the lusciousness of its tropical aromas and flavors of mango and lychee.
- Item #: i_231970Bottle Size: 375ML**Please note, this is a half sized bottleIcewine is winter's gift to the wine lover and one of the best-kept secrets of the wine world. Grapes used to make Icewine are left on the vine well into December and January. The ripe berries are dehydrated through constant freezing and thawing which concentrates the sugars and acids, thereby intensifying the flavours. The grapes are painstakingly picked by hand in their natural frozen state with yields often as little as 5% to 10% of normal. Genuine icewine must follow VQA (Vintners Quality Alliance) regulations that prohibit any artificial freezing of grapes. Much of the water in the juice remains frozen as ice crystals during the pressing, and only a few drops of sweet concentrated juice are salvaged.
Sublime aromatics of fresh lime, apricot, grapefruit and peach blossoms with a slight mineral edge. A racy interplay of sweet and tart offer up echoing flavors of lemon, lime and candied apricot. Icewine is intensely sweet and flavorful in the initial mouth sensation. The balance is achieved by the acidity, which gives a clean, dry finish. Truly a vibrant and refreshing experience!
- Item #: i_249720Bottle Size: 500mlRipe berries, rich caramel and toffee aromas lead to a flavorful dessert wine with warm spice, raspberry and cream soda highlights. A very complex and rich dessert wine. Cellar note: Although ready to drink now, this port will benefit from aging for the next 10 years.
- Item #: i_251860Bottle Size: 750mlGolden-orange tawny color, with a fully developed bouquet of soft oak, orange-rind and anise. This tasty Port offers hints of light caramel, plum, and rich creamy texture with candied orange peel and walnut. This release is ready to drink now A great Cigar Port. This was bottled in 2012.
- Item #: i_251970Bottle Size: 750mlProduced fom Petite Sirah, Tinata Roriz, Tinta Cao, and Touriga. The depth and structure of the Petite Sirah compliments the soft fruit notes of the Portuguese varieties, resulting in a soft yet age-worthy Port with many layers of flavors.
- Item #: i_251960Bottle Size: 750mlDrier in style than most other Ports, Prager's 2015 Royal Escort Port is 100% Napa Valley Petite Sirah. The deep rich garnet color lends to a fresh pressed berry bouquet, followed by ripe cherries on the palate.
- Item #: i_252210Bottle Size: 750MLWinery's Tasting Notes: This rose-like aroma led us to name the wine Elysium, Greek for heaven. Drinking this, you can almost feel you have fallen into a rose garden and been transported to heaven. Made in the same manner as Essensia, it is used, like Essensia to either accompany or replace dessert. One favorite is to pour the wine onto vanilla ice cream. Serve Elysium Sundae with a glass of Elysium. Great with vanilla, dark chocolate, blue cheeses, and candlelight.
- Item #: i_252220Bottle Size: 750MLElectra is a low alcohol (4.5%) delicately sweet wine - refreshingly crisp, and mysteriously aromatic. A picnic wine, it goes with salads, spicy foods, fruit, desserts, sunny afternoons, blue skies, and fresh air. To preserve the enchanting sweetness of ripe Orange Muscat, the grape juice was cold fermented and the fermentation arrested by chilling.
- Item #: i_274395Bottle Size: 750mlMade from the Mission grape using the traditional solera method. The solera is now 13/52 years old.(tasted 7/11/2017 semi-sweet nice acid balance-excelent )
The sole wine product of Rancho de Philo is an exceptionl Triple Cream Sherry.Made in the traditional Spanish style,fifteen soleras of 15 barrels each,are utilized in tne final blending of wines ranging in age from 13 to 52 years old. The wine is made from the Mission grape and is aged in 50 gallon oak barrels until it reaches a deep amber color.Hints of golden raisins,butterscotch,and nuttiness attest to the sweetness and complexity Hints of golden raisins,butterscotch, and nuttiness attest to the sweetness and complexity that is only achieved through time and the warm Califoarnia sun.We invite you to savor...then smile as you take another sip.
After opening, do not refrigerate and it will continue to develop complexity in the bottle. Replace the cork and store it upright on your counter.
Best Fortified Wine - Pacific Rim I.W.C.
Double Gold - Finger Lakes (N.Y) I.W.C.
Gold - Bet of Class - California State Fair aand Los Angeles I.W.C. 2017 GOLD OC FAIR-BEST OF CLASS
- Item #: i_275680Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleBootlegger is an exceptional wine done in the traditional solera style used in the making of fine cream sherries. The solera system of fractional blending is used to maintain the consistency and style of the wine from year to year. For this reason, wines from the solera are non-vintage and each bottle has some wine in it from every year that the wine has been produced. Our version is layered with rich hints of peaches and pears combines with a hint of hazelnut.
- Item #: i_257860Bottle Size: 500mlAn amazing late harvest Roussanne from the Santa Barbara Highlands Vineyard. Clocking in at only 9.2% alcohol, only 4 barrels of this wine were produced. This wine displays notes of creme brulee, honeysuckle, bearclaw, mandarin orange, honeyed apricot, spiced apple cider, brown butter, and a refreshing rosewater finish.
- Item #: i_275585Bottle Size: 500MLThis beautiful blue bottle contains incredible strawberry, mango, and peach flavors which makes it a great dessert wine.
- Item #: i_277664Bottle Size: 375ML**Please note, this is a half sized bottleTobin James Cellars is, by far, the most popular winery in Paso Robles; and what’s not to love?!? The people are friendly (both staff and visitors), the wines are tasty and they don’t charge an arm and a leg! Late into the season, after the harvest is over, a few select rows of Zinfandel grapes are left on the vine. The luscious gems concentrate and intensify the flavors, creating a wine that is completely unique and one that winemakers Tobin and Lance love to make and drink... hence, Liquid Love!
It is a rich, decadently sweet red wine, with flavors of raspberry, cherry and strawberry, as well as aromas of lavender and vanilla. It is full-bodied, yet remarkably balanced and possesses that compatibility to match it with fresh fruit, chocolate and even on its own!Most people will tell you that you can't bottle love, but don't tell that to Tobin James, because he has already done it! Late into the season, long after the harvest is over, a few select rows of Zinfandel grapes still hang from the vine. These luscious gems concentrate and intensify their flavors, creating a wine that is completely unique! This is a sweet and decadent wine, with ripe jammy flavors or raspberry, cherry, cocoa, and a touch of bees' wax. This is a great match for dessert, to share with you your perfect match!
- Item #: i_272430Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleVista Verde Vineyard is located a couple miles southeast of Hollister, California, near the small town of Tres Pinos in San Benito County. Traditional Portuguese varieties – Touriga National, Tinta Cao, Tinta Francesca and Tinta Madeira – were used to create this Port made in the traditional style.
Aromas of berry fruits and fresh flowers jump from the glass, while supporting notes of mocha and wood spices add to the potpourri of aromatics. On the palate, the texture is lithe with the right balance of sweetness to tannin and acid. Flavors of citrus, milk chocolate, and cedar meld with the berry notes all the way to the elegant finish. Enjoy this Port wine with all things chocolate, or with strong cheese. Please note that this will be the last offering of our Port; it is a great final chapter in a series of wonderful wines.
- Item #: i_295730Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottlePale Straw Gold Nose: Peach, Pear, Guava, and Orange rind Palate: Round, but not cloying, with hints of Juicy Fruit, yellow nectarine, and fresh flower petal.