- Item #: i_201030Bottle Size: 750MLEvery so often, one of our wine distributors bring us a wine that throws us for a loop...this is one of those times! Muller-Thurgau is a cross of two different varieties.This was done by Hermann Mueller from the town of Thurgau (yes, coming up with a name is that easy!), and as of 2006, it is the second most widely planted grape in Germany, yet is also planted in Austria, Italy, U.S.A., and Australia, among others. It is hard to think a grape this obscure would actually light a fire under us, but this wine offers so much for so little money, that it is actually wine-of-the-month material.
Stainless steel fermented at a low 45 degrees for freshness and maximumvarietal character, this has vibrant aromas of honeysuckle, key lime pie, white flowers, starfruit, kumquat, and crushed gravel. This wine is a dry, mineral-driven wine, with flavors of key lime, yellow grapefruit, and golden delicious apple. Clean, and with good acidity, this is an amazing value,and might possible become your new house white.
- Item #: i_227980Bottle Size: 750mlWINEMAKER'S NOTES Our Rosso fruit is grown in Lodi, where warm sunny days give way to cool afternoons and evenings. This temperature differential slows the ripening process and allows the grapes to gain more dimension. Rosso’s flavor complexity is a result of blending varietals: Zinfandel offers sweet, juicy flavors and lively spice nuances, Syrah gives the wine a velvety texture, Cabernet Sauvignon provides the structure and red fruit flavors, and Petite Sirah contributes weight and body. TASTING NOTES Rosso offers a velvety texture, supple tannins and aromatic flavors of berries, plums, cherries and smoky spices. Well balanced and highly versatile with food, Rosso pairs perfectly with anything from grilled meats to rich sauces and hearty pasta dishes.
- Item #: i_270960Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine opens with a melange of Damask rose, dark chocolate and bay leaf. Velvety and plush, the palate is dominated by ripe raspberry interlaced with a bright acidity of tart cherry and a sprinkle of sage and white paper. Rounded tannins offer a long, lush finish. Pair with caramelized onion and mushroom pizza or short rib tacos. Drink now through 2030.
- Item #: i_200007Bottle Size: EACHGREAT NEWS SAM SEBASTIANI IS BACK IN THE WINE BUSINESS!
ONLY 100 CASES PRODUCED EACH VINTAGE
WINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS - "Sonoma Valley stalwart Sam Sebastiani returns to the winemaking fold with this small-production Sangiovese. A juicy study in robust, powerful tannins and fresh plum, it has a trace of anise on the back of the palate. Blended with 8% Petite Sirah and 4% Malbec, it spent a year in older French oak barrels and is a delicious California version of the Italian classic."
FRUIT FORWARD WITH NOTES OF RED RASPBERRY AND DELICATE ROSE PETAL
SHOWCASES HINTS OF SONOMA'S RED SOIL, SIMILAR TO THAT OF THE GRAPE'S NATIVE TUSCANY
-- 2015 PRESS DEMOCRAT NORTH COAST WINE CHALLENGE
-- 2015 SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION
-- 2014 SAN DIEGO INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION
-- 2014 LOS ANGELES INTERNATIONAL WINE AWARDS
-- 2014 CRITICS CHALLENGE INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION
La Chertosa is named for the magnificent 14th century Renaissance monastery in the Tuscan valley of Farneta, Italy where the Sebastiani ancestral roots began. Here Sam's grandfather Samuele Sebastiani learned from the monks to make wine in the "Old World" style. Samuele came to Sonoma in 1893, and found that Sonoma closely resembled faraway Farneta in three ways; it boasted a mild Mediterranean climate, had the same Mediterranean red soils and was blessed with gently sloping hillsides. He founded Sebastiani Winery in 1904, one of the first wineries in California and employed the time-honored techniques taught him by the Carthusian monks in Farneta, to create in Sonoma, the winemaking style Sam continues in crafting the harmonic flavors in La Chertosa wines.
La Chertosa wines can be purchased at fine wine locations in California, Nebraska and Colorado or by visiting www.lachertosawines.com. La Chertosa will release its 2015 Sonoma Valley Reserve Chardonnay, a 2015 Sonoma Valley Reserve Sangiovese, and the 2015 Amador County Zinfandel shortly. La Chertosa was chosen by Wine Business Monthly a "Hot Brand of 2015" designation.
- Item #: i_256740Bottle Size: 750mlNotes from Winemaker Robert Foley: "The Charbono shows a rare combination for a California red of thorough ripeness and bright tangy acidity. The beautiful deep, opaque ruby color provides a visual clue to the ripeness, which shows again in aromas of mixed berry fruit jam and vanilla. The full mid palate is framed with lively acidity that gives way to velvety soft tannin in the finish. This is a very versatile food wine!
"Charbono is one of the lost grape varieties – almost. Recent reports indicate there are only about 70 acres of this variety in existence, half of this in Napa county. The original cuttings were imported to Calistoga in the Napa Valley from the Savoie region in the French Alps in about 1880. Its original name was Doux Noir, or "soft black," later called Charbonneau (carbon water). Subsequently, Charbono was wiped out in Europe by the Phylloxera root louse infestation. Some believed it to be the Italian grape variety Dolcetto but this was proven not to be the case through genetic testing. After repeal of Prohibition in the U.S., Charbono was used by Inglenook for blending with their new Cask Cabernet wines and small amounts were bottled as varietal wine. I tasted the 1968 Inglenook Charbono from cask in 1969 and was inspired to become a winemaker with that taste."
- Item #: i_256720Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWinemaker's Tasting Notes: "Charbono shows a rare combination for a California red of thorough ripeness and bright tangy acidity. The 2016 Charbono offers ripe, red berry candy, and grape jelly aromas with just a touch of lavender floral character. Very lively acidity and medium body address the palate with very fine gentle tannin. Beautifully balanced. This is a very versatile food wine.
"Charbono is one of the lost grape varieties – almost. Recent reports indicate there are only about 90 acres of this variety in existence, half of this in Napa county. The original cuttings were imported to Calistoga in the Napa Valley from the Savoie region in the French Alps in about 1880. Its original name was Doux Noir, or "soft black," later called Charbonneau (carbon water). Subsequently, Charbono was wiped out in Europe by the Phylloxera root louse infestation.
Some believed it to be the Italian grape variety Dolcetto but this was proven not to be the case through genetic testing. After repeal of Prohibition in the U.S., Charbono was used by Inglenook for blending with their new Cask Cabernet wines and small amounts were bottled as varietal wine. I tasted the 1968 Inglenook Charbono from cask in 1969 and was inspired to become a winemaker with that taste."
- Item #: i_258980Bottle Size: 750MLMineral and dusty nuances are enhanced with crisp and floral aromas. Complex and full-bodied, with notes of pear and dried apricot. Crisp acidity elevates fruit profile. Whole cluster pressed, 100% stainless steel tank fermented to showcase crisp acidity and bright varietal fruit aromas. Pairs nicely with mild cheeses, fruit-accented salads (particularly grilled peaches), sushi, risotto, seafood, and Thai or Indian cuisines.
- Item #: i_269140Bottle Size: 750mlComing from the McCormick Family's vineyard in Clarksburg, this historic viticulture region has dense clay and loam soils. Fog and cool breezes from San Francisco Bay keep the area cool. Aged for 9 months in neutral French oak, Falanghina is a summer time must have. This gorgeous Italian varietal has a pale yellow hue, showcasing bright aromatics of key-lime zest, mango, underripe guava and nectar peach. The palate offers surprising weight balanced with high acidity. Flavors of green apple, tangy kumquat, pithy grapefruit, and mango give way to a ridiculously long finish. Drink now to 3-5 years.
- Item #: i_277189Bottle Size: 750mlThere's a reason everybody seems to be having fun while drinking Toby's wines…..they're fun, delicious wines that don’t cost a lot! Tobin James has one of the "must see" tasting rooms in Paso Robles, and visitors routinely make new friends with other visitors there! This Muscat is made in an off-dry style, but in no way cloying, and offers aromas of tangerine, white peach, honeysuckle, and a hint of soft spice. It has a rich, round mouth feel of citrus, melon and litchi, and is refreshing as a cool breeze on a hot summer day.