- Item #: i_227980Bottle Size: 750mlWINEMAKER'S NOTES Our Rosso fruit is grown in Lodi, where warm sunny days give way to cool afternoons and evenings. This temperature differential slows the ripening process and allows the grapes to gain more dimension. Rosso’s flavor complexity is a result of blending varietals: Zinfandel offers sweet, juicy flavors and lively spice nuances, Syrah gives the wine a velvety texture, Cabernet Sauvignon provides the structure and red fruit flavors, and Petite Sirah contributes weight and body. TASTING NOTES Rosso offers a velvety texture, supple tannins and aromatic flavors of berries, plums, cherries and smoky spices. Well balanced and highly versatile with food, Rosso pairs perfectly with anything from grilled meats to rich sauces and hearty pasta dishes.
- Item #: i_229090Bottle Size: 750mlThe scent of fresh strawberries in the glass is followed by a lively mix of red fruits on the palate. Soaring acidity is sculpted with delicate tannins and a nip of white pepper adds an assertive note to the finish. The Heitz family has developed great affection for Grignolino since they discovered this Italian grape growing on their original site in 1961. Lightly chilled, it is one of their favorite aperitifs, and of course, it is perfect with your favorite Italian meal.
- Item #: i_270960Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine opens with a melange of Damask rose, dark chocolate and bay leaf. Velvety and plush, the palate is dominated by ripe raspberry interlaced with a bright acidity of tart cherry and a sprinkle of sage and white paper. Rounded tannins offer a long, lush finish. Pair with caramelized onion and mushroom pizza or short rib tacos. Drink now through 2030.
- Item #: i_200007Bottle Size: EACHGREAT NEWS SAM SEBASTIANI IS BACK IN THE WINE BUSINESS!
ONLY 100 CASES PRODUCED EACH VINTAGE
WINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS - "Sonoma Valley stalwart Sam Sebastiani returns to the winemaking fold with this small-production Sangiovese. A juicy study in robust, powerful tannins and fresh plum, it has a trace of anise on the back of the palate. Blended with 8% Petite Sirah and 4% Malbec, it spent a year in older French oak barrels and is a delicious California version of the Italian classic."
FRUIT FORWARD WITH NOTES OF RED RASPBERRY AND DELICATE ROSE PETAL
SHOWCASES HINTS OF SONOMA'S RED SOIL, SIMILAR TO THAT OF THE GRAPE'S NATIVE TUSCANY
-- 2015 PRESS DEMOCRAT NORTH COAST WINE CHALLENGE
-- 2015 SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION
-- 2014 SAN DIEGO INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION
-- 2014 LOS ANGELES INTERNATIONAL WINE AWARDS
-- 2014 CRITICS CHALLENGE INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION
La Chertosa is named for the magnificent 14th century Renaissance monastery in the Tuscan valley of Farneta, Italy where the Sebastiani ancestral roots began. Here Sam's grandfather Samuele Sebastiani learned from the monks to make wine in the "Old World" style. Samuele came to Sonoma in 1893, and found that Sonoma closely resembled faraway Farneta in three ways; it boasted a mild Mediterranean climate, had the same Mediterranean red soils and was blessed with gently sloping hillsides. He founded Sebastiani Winery in 1904, one of the first wineries in California and employed the time-honored techniques taught him by the Carthusian monks in Farneta, to create in Sonoma, the winemaking style Sam continues in crafting the harmonic flavors in La Chertosa wines.
La Chertosa wines can be purchased at fine wine locations in California, Nebraska and Colorado or by visiting www.lachertosawines.com. La Chertosa will release its 2015 Sonoma Valley Reserve Chardonnay, a 2015 Sonoma Valley Reserve Sangiovese, and the 2015 Amador County Zinfandel shortly. La Chertosa was chosen by Wine Business Monthly a "Hot Brand of 2015" designation.
- Item #: i_256740Bottle Size: 750mlNotes from Winemaker Robert Foley: "The Charbono shows a rare combination for a California red of thorough ripeness and bright tangy acidity. The beautiful deep, opaque ruby color provides a visual clue to the ripeness, which shows again in aromas of mixed berry fruit jam and vanilla. The full mid palate is framed with lively acidity that gives way to velvety soft tannin in the finish. This is a very versatile food wine!
"Charbono is one of the lost grape varieties – almost. Recent reports indicate there are only about 70 acres of this variety in existence, half of this in Napa county. The original cuttings were imported to Calistoga in the Napa Valley from the Savoie region in the French Alps in about 1880. Its original name was Doux Noir, or "soft black," later called Charbonneau (carbon water). Subsequently, Charbono was wiped out in Europe by the Phylloxera root louse infestation. Some believed it to be the Italian grape variety Dolcetto but this was proven not to be the case through genetic testing. After repeal of Prohibition in the U.S., Charbono was used by Inglenook for blending with their new Cask Cabernet wines and small amounts were bottled as varietal wine. I tasted the 1968 Inglenook Charbono from cask in 1969 and was inspired to become a winemaker with that taste."
- Item #: i_258980Bottle Size: 750MLMineral and dusty nuances are enhanced with crisp and floral aromas. Complex and full-bodied, with notes of pear and dried apricot. Crisp acidity elevates fruit profile. Whole cluster pressed, 100% stainless steel tank fermented to showcase crisp acidity and bright varietal fruit aromas. Pairs nicely with mild cheeses, fruit-accented salads (particularly grilled peaches), sushi, risotto, seafood, and Thai or Indian cuisines.
- Item #: i_276000Bottle Size: 750mlThe color is dark and as intense as the wine. Fresh cranberries and plum co-mingle with tobacco and all spice on the nose. The palate is of dried herbs, sour cherries, and savory oak notes. The intensity and lingering finish of this wine is a direct result of the intense sunlight were this Barbera is grown.
- Item #: i_277189Bottle Size: 750mlThere's a reason everybody seems to be having fun while drinking Toby's wines…..they're fun, delicious wines that don’t cost a lot! Tobin James has one of the "must see" tasting rooms in Paso Robles, and visitors routinely make new friends with other visitors there! This Muscat is made in an off-dry style, but in no way cloying, and offers aromas of tangerine, white peach, honeysuckle, and a hint of soft spice. It has a rich, round mouth feel of citrus, melon and litchi, and is refreshing as a cool breeze on a hot summer day.