- Item #: i_227980Bottle Size: 750mlWINEMAKER'S NOTES Our Rosso fruit is grown in Lodi, where warm sunny days give way to cool afternoons and evenings. This temperature differential slows the ripening process and allows the grapes to gain more dimension. Rosso’s flavor complexity is a result of blending varietals: Zinfandel offers sweet, juicy flavors and lively spice nuances, Syrah gives the wine a velvety texture, Cabernet Sauvignon provides the structure and red fruit flavors, and Petite Sirah contributes weight and body. TASTING NOTES Rosso offers a velvety texture, supple tannins and aromatic flavors of berries, plums, cherries and smoky spices. Well balanced and highly versatile with food, Rosso pairs perfectly with anything from grilled meats to rich sauces and hearty pasta dishes.
- Item #: i_229090Bottle Size: 750mlThe scent of fresh strawberries in the glass is followed by a lively mix of red fruits on the palate. Soaring acidity is sculpted with delicate tannins and a nip of white pepper adds an assertive note to the finish. The Heitz family has developed great affection for Grignolino since they discovered this Italian grape growing on their original site in 1961. Lightly chilled, it is one of their favorite aperitifs, and of course, it is perfect with your favorite Italian meal.
- Item #: i_270960Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine opens with a melange of Damask rose, dark chocolate and bay leaf. Velvety and plush, the palate is dominated by ripe raspberry interlaced with a bright acidity of tart cherry and a sprinkle of sage and white paper. Rounded tannins offer a long, lush finish. Pair with caramelized onion and mushroom pizza or short rib tacos. Drink now through 2030.
- Item #: i_200007Bottle Size: EACHGREAT NEWS SAM SEBASTIANI IS BACK IN THE WINE BUSINESS!
ONLY 100 CASES PRODUCED EACH VINTAGE
WINE ENTHUSIAST POINTS - "Sonoma Valley stalwart Sam Sebastiani returns to the winemaking fold with this small-production Sangiovese. A juicy study in robust, powerful tannins and fresh plum, it has a trace of anise on the back of the palate. Blended with 8% Petite Sirah and 4% Malbec, it spent a year in older French oak barrels and is a delicious California version of the Italian classic."
FRUIT FORWARD WITH NOTES OF RED RASPBERRY AND DELICATE ROSE PETAL
SHOWCASES HINTS OF SONOMA'S RED SOIL, SIMILAR TO THAT OF THE GRAPE'S NATIVE TUSCANY
-- PRESS DEMOCRAT NORTH COAST WINE CHALLENGE
-- SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION
-- SAN DIEGO INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION
-- LOS ANGELES INTERNATIONAL WINE AWARDS
-- CRITICS CHALLENGE INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION
La Chertosa is named for the magnificent 14th century Renaissance monastery in the Tuscan valley of Farneta, Italy where the Sebastiani ancestral roots began. Here Sam's grandfather Samuele Sebastiani learned from the monks to make wine in the "Old World" style. Samuele came to Sonoma in 1893, and found that Sonoma closely resembled faraway Farneta in three ways; it boasted a mild Mediterranean climate, had the same Mediterranean red soils and was blessed with gently sloping hillsides. He founded Sebastiani Winery in 1904, one of the first wineries in California and employed the time-honored techniques taught him by the Carthusian monks in Farneta, to create in Sonoma, the winemaking style Sam continues in crafting the harmonic flavors in La Chertosa wines.
La Chertosa wines can be purchased at fine wine locations in California, Nebraska and Colorado or by visiting www.lachertosawines.com. La Chertosa will release its Sonoma Valley Reserve Chardonnay, a Sonoma Valley Reserve Sangiovese, and the Amador County Zinfandel shortly. La Chertosa was chosen by Wine Business Monthly a "Hot Brand designation.
- Item #: i_237340Bottle Size: 750mlWhole cluster pressed, barrel fermented cold and slow with native yeast to preserve the incredible aromatics. Aged in neutral wood for nine months with minimal sulfur. This wine is perfectly sessionable.
- Item #: i_256720Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWinemaker's Tasting Notes: "Charbono shows a rare combination for a California red of thorough ripeness and bright tangy acidity. The 2016 Charbono offers ripe, red berry candy, and grape jelly aromas with just a touch of lavender floral character. Very lively acidity and medium body address the palate with very fine gentle tannin. Beautifully balanced. This is a very versatile food wine.
"Charbono is one of the lost grape varieties – almost. Recent reports indicate there are only about 90 acres of this variety in existence, half of this in Napa county. The original cuttings were imported to Calistoga in the Napa Valley from the Savoie region in the French Alps in about 1880. Its original name was Doux Noir, or "soft black," later called Charbonneau (carbon water). Subsequently, Charbono was wiped out in Europe by the Phylloxera root louse infestation.
Some believed it to be the Italian grape variety Dolcetto but this was proven not to be the case through genetic testing. After repeal of Prohibition in the U.S., Charbono was used by Inglenook for blending with their new Cask Cabernet wines and small amounts were bottled as varietal wine. I tasted the 1968 Inglenook Charbono from cask in 1969 and was inspired to become a winemaker with that taste."
- Item #: i_256740Bottle Size: 750mlNotes from Winemaker Robert Foley: "The Charbono shows a rare combination for a California red of thorough ripeness and bright tangy acidity. The beautiful deep, opaque ruby color provides a visual clue to the ripeness, which shows again in aromas of mixed berry fruit jam and vanilla. The full mid palate is framed with lively acidity that gives way to velvety soft tannin in the finish. This is a very versatile food wine!
"Charbono is one of the lost grape varieties – almost. Recent reports indicate there are only about 70 acres of this variety in existence, half of this in Napa county. The original cuttings were imported to Calistoga in the Napa Valley from the Savoie region in the French Alps in about 1880. Its original name was Doux Noir, or "soft black," later called Charbonneau (carbon water). Subsequently, Charbono was wiped out in Europe by the Phylloxera root louse infestation. Some believed it to be the Italian grape variety Dolcetto but this was proven not to be the case through genetic testing. After repeal of Prohibition in the U.S., Charbono was used by Inglenook for blending with their new Cask Cabernet wines and small amounts were bottled as varietal wine. I tasted the 1968 Inglenook Charbono from cask in 1969 and was inspired to become a winemaker with that taste."
- Item #: i_259210Bottle Size: 750mlGrowing and producing world class Sangiovese is not for the faint of heart. Rattlesnakes, thistle, and America's most unique clone of Sangiovese are all that thrive atop Rattlesnake Hill on Seghesio Family Vineyards' Home Ranch. The shallow topsoil and virtually impenetrable volcanic shale are the perfect foil in taming this vigorous varietal into producing intensely flavored grapes. The clone, planted in 1910 by Edoardo Seghesio in America's oldest Sangiovese vineyard, produces small-berried, loosely formed clusters.
The aromas of earth, cherry, and rose with a dusting of cinnamon make for an enticiing and vibrant bouquet. On the palate the wine is lithe, silky, and fresh with notes of wild plums and black raspberry. Velvety tannins contribute to a luscious and lengthy finish.
- Item #: i_258970Bottle Size: 750mlNotes of bartlett pear, citrus, orange blossom and limestone on the nose lead to a wine that is lively, persistent, and textured on the palate with notes of lime zest and stone fruits.
- Item #: i_276540Bottle Size: 750mlStolpman began producing Carbonic Sangiovese in 2013 in an effort to make a fresh, delicious version of Sangiovese. Carbonic Fermentation – allowing the grapes to ferment whole, uncrushed in a sealed tank – allows for a red wine containing only a fraction of the tannin present in a traditionally fermented red wine. Without the threat of an overly tannic wine, Stolpman can pick earlier, at lower sugar. Because theye don’t need to wait for integration, they bottle the wine within a few months of harvest, locking in the fresh, un-oxidized profile.
If served and chilled and tasted with an open mind, many feel this wine is irresistible. If you dare to disagree, taste this new 2020 vintage. Ka Boom - cherry sour candy and a crunchy red verve that sings through the mouth - this redefines the STOLPMAN SO FRESH brand. A friendly carbonic upfront pop followed by a touch of tart berry eschewing in a dusting of zippy tannin.
- Item #: i_275610Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2020 Tablas Creek Vineyard Vermentino is Tablas Creek's 19th bottling of this traditional Mediterranean varietal, known principally in Sardinia, Corsica, and Northern Italy. It is also grown in the Rhone Valley (particularly Cotes de Provence) where it is known as Rolle. The Vermentino grape produces wines that are bright, clean, and crisp, with distinctive citrus character, refreshing acidity and surprising richness.
An absolutely classic Vermentino nose of lime zest and the ocean, with sweeter notes of honeydew and white flowers underneath. The palate shows a somewhat richer texture than normal at this very young stage, with flavors of lemon drop and key lime pie, and briny sea spray minerality. A sweet, tangy lemongrass note lingers on the long, textured finish. Drink now and over the next few years.
- Item #: i_269140Bottle Size: 750mlComing from the McCormick Family's vineyard in Clarksburg, this historic viticulture region has dense clay and loam soils. Fog and cool breezes from San Francisco Bay keep the area cool. Aged for 9 months in neutral French oak, Falanghina is a summer time must have. This gorgeous Italian varietal has a pale yellow hue, showcasing bright aromatics of key-lime zest, mango, underripe guava and nectar peach. The palate offers surprising weight balanced with high acidity. Flavors of green apple, tangy kumquat, pithy grapefruit, and mango give way to a ridiculously long finish. Drink now to 3-5 years.
- Item #: i_277189Bottle Size: 750mlThere's a reason everybody seems to be having fun while drinking Toby's wines…..they're fun, delicious wines that don’t cost a lot! Tobin James has one of the "must see" tasting rooms in Paso Robles, and visitors routinely make new friends with other visitors there! This Muscat is made in an off-dry style, but in no way cloying, and offers aromas of tangerine, white peach, honeysuckle, and a hint of soft spice. It has a rich, round mouth feel of citrus, melon and litchi, and is refreshing as a cool breeze on a hot summer day.
- Item #: i_268380Bottle Size: 750mlFounded in 2017, Tresomm is a winery based in the Valle de Guadalupe in Baja, Mexico. A project born from the friendship of 3 California Sommeliers, Taylor Grant, Conner Mitchell, and Christopher Miller, M.S. On a whim trip down to the Valle to visit wineries, they were overwhelmed by how connected they felt to the region. On the last visit of the day, they stopped by Bodegas Magoni and tasted the wines with winemaker Camillo Magoni's son in law, Julio. After many laughs (and many glasses), they arranged to come back to meet Camillo.
Originally from Valtellina, Italy, Camillo is a pioneer of the Baja wine industry. He moved to the Valle in 1965 and over the years has planted his vineyards with indigenous European varietals. Taylor, Conner, and Chris partnered with Camillo to produce thought-provoking bottles from organically farmed varieties including Grignoliño, Aligote, and Touriga Nacional.
The Camillie bottling is a wonderful white blend of Cortese, Grillo, Fiano, and Viognier.