- Item #: i_273561Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS - "With mid-summer comes the annual release of J's nonvintage Cuvée 20. This year's bottling is richer than last year's, and offers broad citrus, raspberry, vanilla and yeasty brioche flavors. The wine feels clean, vibrant and smooth. Editors’ Choice
DECANTER 91 POINTS - "Elegantly opens with fresh lemon peel, honeysuckle and autolysis aromas. Followed by a mix of apple and citrus notes with toast, caramel and almond flavours on the mid-palate. Lively acidity of citrus zest leads to a long, warm pear and lush aftertaste. Layers of depth and complexity."
- Item #: i_200170Bottle Size: 750mlGrapes were sourced from vineyards throughout Washington state, including the Horse Heaven Hills, Columbia Valley and the Wahluke Slope. Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Syrah & Petit Verdot were added to create a fruit-forward profile and enhanced mouth feel. The wine was aged for 12 months in a combination of American and French oak barrels to build structure and complexity in the blend. This Cabernet Sauvignon is a rich, juicy red that features aromas of dark cherry, black currants, coffee, and subtle hints of spice. These flavors are complemented by a touch of spicy oak and emphasized by refined tannins.
- Item #: i_200019Bottle Size: EACHThe 14th vintage, the 2016 Valerie’s Vineyard Pinot Noir has arrived! Valerie’s terroir driven one-acre Carneros vineyard has delivered another winner and we think that vintage to vintage coming out of the drought has created a consistent, very Burgundian wine. The winemaking and attention to detail in the vineyard has never been better. We had solid success with the 2015 in New York and locally and we received some great press including 92 scores in some top publications. Like every vintage, the ‘15 is now sold-out.
The 2016 vintage, the 5th year coming out of drought produced great fruit that looked and tasted like pre-drought clusters, big and luscious. Although quantity increased (100 cases) the quality and color were maintained. The long growing season allowed the clusters and berries to create concentrated-long flavors and elegant, yet luxurious wines. Aged for 12 months in 100% new French oak, the wine presents a seamless and balanced matrix of fresh aromas and vanilla complexity. The garnet color is a signature of the 2016 harvest. Typical of our Los Carneros sub-appellation, the refreshing acidity and cranberry fruit components compose a wine that will bring instant gratification while paired with various cuisines and will also reward patience with incomparable ageability. Winemaker Jeff McBride and the bio-dynamic practices of Valerie’s winemaking home at Benziger Family Winery fit our farming practices and style perfectly. Our vineyard practices are guided by vineyard guru Phil Coturri.
There were only 100 cases produced of 2016. The wine retails at $40 bottle depending where it is purchased. Get this while you can from fine restaurants in Sonoma Valley like Sonoma Grille plus Broadway Market.
PRINCE OF PINOT 95 POINTS - "14.1% alc.,100 cases, $40. Three families hand farm this 1-acre vineyard along with vineyard practices guided by Phil Coturri. Produced and bottled by Benziger Family Winery, Glen Ellen (winemaker Jeff McBride). 14th vintage. Aged 12 months in 100% new French oak barrels. · Moderately light ruby red color in the glass. Intoxicating aromas of fresh berries, fertile earth and compost. Gorgeous in every way, featuring a vivid mid weight core of dark red cherry and berry flavors framed by engaging tannins and supported by juicy acidity. The unbelievably intense and persistent finish is a message from heaven. I have tasted almost every vintage of Valerie’s and the wines are consistently fine, but this one is the best ever."
- Item #: i_251070Bottle Size: 750MLA blend of vineyards from Lake and Napa Counties. We find these diverse, high quality vineyards to compliment one another perfectly. Our high altitude rocky vineyard sites in Lake County deliver angularity, complexity and austerity while our Napa Valley fruit provides deep concentration and focus. This wine is dense and tremendously focused, with a wonderful nose and palate of cedar, blueberry, saddle leather and white pepper. The finish showcases a perfect balance of acid, tannin and sweet toasted oak. Meticulous, detail oriented winemaking and complete attention to detail has produced a wine of tremendous presence and complexity that must be tasted to be believed.
- Item #: i_200000Bottle Size: 750MLAcacia Vineyard is in the heart of the Carneros wine region, with stellar views of vineyards and the bay. This premium winegrowing region enjoys the cooling influence of the Pacific Ocean and summer fog, making it an ideal growing area for Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Acacia was a pioneer in this appellation when it began in 1979 and continues to craft Burgundian-inspired varietals which have been consistently delicious beyond their price point.
And on the subject of price points, the plan with this program is to put the best and most representative of California's Chardonnay growing regions in a bottle and give it a very refreshing price. So here you have it: Monterey, Santa Maria Valley, Paso Robles, and even a touch of Carneros fruit blended together to make a really lovely sipper (someone forgot to tell the wine it shouldn't taste this good at $9.99). An exotic aroma is followed by a rainbow of stone and tropical fruits, it's bright and crisp, and the finish is long. This is one to procure by the case - people are forever dropping by!
- Item #: i_201110Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2014 A to Z Pinot Noir leads with aromas of cherries, raspberries, and blackberries, developing to iris, blueberries, strawberries and minerals. A beautiful attack has vibrant red fruit flavors and floral notes, then deepens with hints of blood orange and blueberry jam. Ripe tannins are balanced by perfect acidity and the mid-palate reveals spice, tobacco and earth notes adding richness and complexity. The finish is quite long which allows all the elements of the wine to come together and show the intrinsic balance and complexity of the 2014 Oregon vintage. WINERY NOTES
- Item #: i_200005Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2017 A to Z Oregon Pinot Gris offers beautiful floral aromas reminiscent of jasmine, elderflower and white roses along with complex fruit notes of nectarine, melon, pear, yellow plums and yellow apples, lemon, lime, even grapefruit zest and a touch of guava, clover honey and handmade marshmallows. The wine is lush and layered on the palate structured with moderate acidity and alcohol. The finish is layered and fresh, with a lingering pear and spice note. The structure and complexity of the 2017 A to Z Pinot Gris make this a perennial choice for all food pairings, especially seafood, chicken, spicy cuisine and even street tacos!
- Item #: i_275628Bottle Size: 750mlWINERY NOTES - "The lovely, pale pink A to Z Bubbles invite with juicy, ripe fruit aromas. Notes of strawberry, raspberry, watermelon, cherry, white peach, nectarine and apricot are joined by white flowers and a hint of creaminess. The bubbles dance on the tongue with mouth-watering acidity that leaves one wanting more.
Primarily Pinot Noir with a bit of Chardonnay (10%), the fruit was left in contact with the skins to get the perfect color, a traditional, natural technique preferable to blending back red wine. Several different aromatic and Rosé yeasts were used during fermentation in 100% stainless steel for freshness."
- Item #: i_201470Bottle Size: 750MLProducers of Petite Sirah need to take note: there's a young gun out there who's going to show you some new moves! Winemaker Aaron Jackson is one amazing guy! He fully commits to whatever the task at hand is. So being the hardcore surfer that he is, you can imagine how dedicated to winemaking Aaron must be when he has to leave those firing Central Coast point breaks to head for the vineyards! His wines have been staples at our store for years, and it's amazing how he can make Petite Sirah taste so good, keep it complex yet easy to drink, and sell such a tasty wine for a reasonable price!
Aaron's flagship wine is always a blend of his very best barrels of Petite Sirah. A blend of 5 vineyards all grown on calcareous/limestone soils, this wine shows deep and dark aromatics of blue and black fruits, peppercorn, bay leaf, anise, and tapenade. The palate is big, yet maintains some elegance, with blackberry, blueberry, smoked beef, loads of spice, with firm and gravelly tannins. Only 390 cases produced!
- Item #: i_276771Bottle Size: 750mlAu Bon Climat is a Burgundy centric winery, meaning if the grapes aren't grown in Burgundy, then Au Bon Climat doesn't make that type of wine. Wineries in Burgundy are limited to Aligote, Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc and Chardonnay for white wines. Starting in 1990 Au Bon Climat made Pinot Blanc from old vines planted at Bien Nacido. Pinot Gris was planted at Bien Nacido, after experimental planting showed favorable results, in 1994. Their first Pinot Gris, the 1995 vintage, was made from these small experimental plantings.
A blend of 60% Pinot Gris and 40% Pinot Blanc, this dry white shows notes of citrus lemon/lime notes, flinty minerality, and a crisp finish. In the mouth the wine is rich and textural, from the time spent on lees in the barrel. This is a great match with shellfish of any kind, or richer white meats such as turkey or duck.
- Item #: i_200090Bottle Size: 750mlVibrant aromas of crème brûlée, ginger, lemon curd and white peach are followed by a creamy entry which blossoms to a full, sweet, peach, nectarine and citrus mid-palate. Medium-bodied with vibrant acidity, the wine finishes long and full.
- Item #: i_200130Bottle Size: 750mlThe myriad of dark fruit and floral notes in this Pinot Noir come from the cool, windy Los Carneros American Viticultural Area (AVA) in the southern reaches of Napa Valley. Satsuma plum, blackberry, red rose and violet notes weave through the enticing aromas, mingled with warm nuances of vanilla and toasted oak from barrel aging. Silky, elegant flavors echo the aromas, adding blueberry and plum to the rich fruit complexity. You'll find this wine's lush flavors, bright acidity and fine tannins are perfectly balanced to complement a broad range of foods, from grilled salmon and chicken, to lamb and wild mushrooms.
- Item #: i_200920Bottle Size: 750mlSuch an even and extended maturation period allowed for the outstanding flavor development so apparent in this beautifully balanced and structured wine. The aromas of briary wild blackberry and strawberry continue in the mouth with subtle notes of brown sugar and caramel. Inclusion of Rhône varietals in the blend adds refinement and spicy and earthy notes. Completely dry with just over 14% alcohol and great acidity, it is a Zinfandel for the table. Pair with grilled meats, barbeque pork, charcuterie and aged cheddar cheese.
- Item #: i_200180Bottle Size: 750mlIn 2015, Adaptation continued to work with their favorite local growers to craft this wine, one that truly represents the broader Napa Valley appellation. The backbone of the blend is sourced from Ink Grade (on the backside of Howell Mountain), which provides the framework and structure. They move their way down to the valley floor where they incorporate Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot from the Stags Leap District, Yountville and Oak Knoll appellations. This immense diversity and range within the Napa Valley allowed Adaptation to produce a wine that is emblematic of the unique Napa Valley terroir in an approachable, up-front style.
The 2015 Adaptation Cabernet Sauvignon redefines approachability - a fusion of fruit flavors that include wild blackberries, mulberries, sweet cherries and cocoa dipped blueberries invade your senses followed by wispy notes of forest floor and bittersweet chocolate. An exuberant, multi-dimensional mouthfeel is complemented by dynamic acidity that forges freshness, energy and length to the palate.
- Item #: i_200270Bottle Size: 750MLVINOUS 92 POINTS - "Elegant and intense, offering layered aromas of red raspberries, fresh Oregon strawberries, brown spice, and cedar. It is exceptionally balanced with silky tannins and a persistent finish. This wine would pair well with lamb, duck, salmon, and aged cheeses."
David Adelsheim and Ginny Adelsheim planted their first vineyards in Oregon's Willamette Valley back in 1972. Since producing their first commercial vintage in 1978, the Adelsheims have used sustainable farming practices and take great care to bring out the best in each of their unique vineyard sites. In the winery, they combine traditional and modern techniques, crafting wines in a style that centers on elegance, complexity and richness in flavor and texture.
The Elizabeth's Reserve bottling is a "best of" blend, using only the best barrels in the cellar. With many wonderful lots representing different soil types, clones, site climates, fermenter sizes and barrel characteristics, winemaker Dave Paige pulls together a wine that truly reflects the vintage and character.
This wine is both elegant and intense, offering layered aromas of red raspberries, fresh Oregon strawberries, brown spice and cedar. Aromas reflected on the palate are pure and elegant, it is exceptionally balanced with silky tannins and a persistent finish. This wine will pair beautifully with lamb, duck, grilled salmon and aged cheeses.
- Item #: 200240Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 92 POINTS - "(21% new oak): Pale, brilliant yellow. Displays racy, mineral-accented citrus and orchard fruit scents that show impressive focus and spicy lift. Shows excellent delineation and tension on the palate, offering nervy Meyer lemon, quince and candied ginger flavors that deepen slowly and pick up a hint of smokiness on the back half. Closes dry and impressively long, with repeating minerality and firm, tangy bite."
- Item #: i_277458Bottle Size: 375ML**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWith its broad array of origins and clones, this wine displays red aromas (candied cherry, pomegranate and raspberry) on the nose and the palate. In addition, one finds a light touch of brown spices (nutmeg, cinnamon, all-spice). True to Adelsheim's house style, it is elegantly textured with seamlessly integrated, silky, polished tannins. Pair it with salmon, ahi, veal, pork, poultry (think duck), beef or hearty vegetarian entrees.
- Item #: i_200280Bottle Size: 750mlWith its broad array of origins and clones, this 100% Pinot Noir displays aromas of cocoa, pomegranate and raspberry on the nose and the palate as well as a light touch of nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice. True to Adelsheim's house style, it is elegantly textured with seamlessly integrated, silky, polished tannins.
Adelsheim Vineyard began back in 1971 with Ginny and David Adelsheim purchasing 19 acres in beautiful Oregon countryside. They shared a dream with a handful of families that Oregon's climate and land could one day produce serious wines. A home was built, vines planted, and in 1978, the first commercial wines were produced. Over four decades, Adelsheim Vineyard grew up with Oregon's wine industry pioneering the way towards the future of wine production.
With its broad array of origins and clones, this wine displays aromas of cocoa, pomegranate and raspberry on the nose and the palate as well as a light touch of nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice. True to Adelsheim's house style, it is elegantly textured with seamlessly integrated, silky, polished tannins. Pair it with salmon, ahi, veal, pork, duck, beef or hearty vegetarian entrees.
- Item #: i_201460Bottle Size: 750mlWhile he has become known for his insanely delicious Petite Sirahs from Paso Robles, winemaker Aaron Jackson has recently expanded his portfolio and added some new flavors! AEQUOREA - which means “of the sea” in Latin - is focused on single vineyard wines from extreme coastal vineyards amidst San Luis Obispo County. In addition to these wines, each year Aaron Jackson also produce the Seafarer Pinot Noir as a special cuvee that brings together the elements from each of his vineyards. The goal is to create a wine that is more about overall texture and depth than individual site expression.
As always, Seafarer is the only vineyard blend Pinot Noir Aaron produces, bringing together fruit from all his coastal sites. The goal is to create a wine that is more about overall texture and depth than individual site expression. Based largely in the Stromsoe vineyard in Cayucos, along with Riven Rock (Cambria), Spanish Springs (Pismo Beach) and Derby West (San Simeon), the 2013 Seafarer is his favorite to date. The aromatics are intense - redolent of dried cranberry, red apple skin, white pepper, and Earl Grey tea. The palate is bright and vibrant, with a core of dark red fruit, uplifted spice, grated chocolate, roasted nuts, dried orange rind, and toasty oak. Only 225 cases produced!
- Item #: i_204920Bottle Size: 750mlThis is perhaps the one wine that rivals our 'Wine of the Month' in terms of velocity. Our customers have come to expect our Top Cab Under $20 to over deliver for the money, so we take extra time in securing this spot.
In addition to working at chateaux Troplong-Mondot and La Tour Figeac in Bordeaux, winemaker Aaron Pott has also worked on the winemaking teams at Newton, Beringer, Quintessa, Krupp Brother, Blackbird, and Seven Stones. As you can tell, he definitely has a capable hand with Cabernet Sauvignon! Farmed from vines at an elevation of 2,400ft in the Red Hills of Lake County, just over the hills from the Napa Valley, Aaron crafted this mountain-inspired Cabernet Sauvignon using the same dedication to quality that he uses with Napa Valley fruit, as Red Hills often has similar soils and warm daytime temperature as its more prestigious neighbor.
This Cabernet is dark ruby in color with hints of purple, and the nose shows violets, cured meats, blackcurrants, black cherry, a hint of olive, graphite, and raspberry liqueur. Briary, with silky tannins and a combination of bright red and rich dark fruits on the palate, this medium- to full-bodied Cabernet has a finish that lasts much longer that most at this price point!
- Item #: i_200440Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92VINOUS 92 POINTS - "Bright gold. Heady citrus and orchard fruit and violet aromas are given spicy lift by a gingery element. Sappy and broad on entry, then tighter in the midpalate, offering sappy nectarine, poached pear and honey flavors braced by a suggestion of bitter lemon pith. Shows impressive tension for its heft and finishes impressively long and smooth, displaying resonating floral and pit fruit notes. This Viognier delivers outstanding bang for the buck compared to pretty much any other New World rendition of the variety that I know."
John Alban makes some of the most aromatically complex and explosively rich wines in the New World from traditional Rhone varieties. Since 1989 he's worked entirely with fruit from his own superb clonal material, planted on chalk-rich hillside vineyards in Edna Valley. Don't wait for reviews this Viognier is extremely popular!
- Item #: i_200960Bottle Size: 750mlThe Revana Vineyard is located in the Dundee Hills appellation of Oregon’s Willamette Valley. This unique appellation is marked by distinct geographic elements that effectively insulate this region from the dramatic weather variations experienced in other nearby growing areas. True to the appellation, Alexana's 80-acre property possesses an incredibly diverse and complex series of soils and exposures. Located between 360 and 640 feet above sea level, the site has eighteen soil types spread over a combination of rolling hills, steep slopes and some rugged terrain.
Stunning and bright, the Alexana 2014 Riesling is clean, crisp and austere - almost Alsatian-style Riesling. Abounding with green apple and loads of minerals, the texture is rich and expansive. Grapefruit, honeysuckle and a hint of petrol come together to create a complex wine with intense layers and brilliant acidity, perfect for pairing with spicy food.