- Item #: i_200004Bottle Size: 750mlThe 00 VGW (Very Good White) showcases the best of the Willamette Valley in a Chardonnay blend. Their "Black Chardonnay" production method results in a complex, savory Chardonnay, which has given 00 Wines an outstanding reputation for quality and attention to detail in the Willamette Valley after only two vintages of production. This annual blend is the signature Chardonnay entry into the world of 00 Wines. The 2016 VGW is a blend of single vineyard fermentations of Von Oehsen and Open Claim vineyards.
This wine is very reminiscent of a Chardonnay from Burgundy, displaying striking minerality, apple, bright pear, and focus.
- Item #: i_200170Bottle Size: 750mlGrapes were sourced from vineyards throughout Washington state, including the Horse Heaven Hills, Columbia Valley and the Wahluke Slope. Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Syrah & Petit Verdot were added to create a fruit-forward profile and enhanced mouth feel. The wine was aged for 12 months in a combination of American and French oak barrels to build structure and complexity in the blend. This Cabernet Sauvignon is a rich, juicy red that features aromas of dark cherry, black currants, coffee, and subtle hints of spice. These flavors are complemented by a touch of spicy oak and emphasized by refined tannins.
- Item #: i_200000Bottle Size: 750MLAcacia Vineyard is in the heart of the Carneros wine region, with stellar views of vineyards and the bay. This premium winegrowing region enjoys the cooling influence of the Pacific Ocean and summer fog, making it an ideal growing area for Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Acacia was a pioneer in this appellation when it began in 1979 and continues to craft Burgundian-inspired varietals which have been consistently delicious beyond their price point.
And on the subject of price points, the plan with this program is to put the best and most representative of California's Chardonnay growing regions in a bottle and give it a very refreshing price. So here you have it: Monterey, Santa Maria Valley, Paso Robles, and even a touch of Carneros fruit blended together to make a really lovely sipper (someone forgot to tell the wine it shouldn't taste this good at $9.99). An exotic aroma is followed by a rainbow of stone and tropical fruits, it's bright and crisp, and the finish is long. This is one to procure by the case - people are forever dropping by!
- Item #: i_201110Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2016 A to Z Oregon Pinot Noir highlights the ripeness and concentration of the vintage with an uncommon grace and style. The compelling nose opens with vibrant notes of blackberry, blueberry, black cherry, raspberry, strawberry, red current, plum, thyme, sage and baking spices. The scents are lifted by lingering rose petal and violet aromas, while deeper notes of graphite, leather, and pipe tobacco bring depth.
- Item #: i_275628Bottle Size: 750mlWINERY NOTES - "The lovely, pale pink A to Z Bubbles invite with juicy, ripe fruit aromas. Notes of strawberry, raspberry, watermelon, cherry, white peach, nectarine and apricot are joined by white flowers and a hint of creaminess. The bubbles dance on the tongue with mouth-watering acidity that leaves one wanting more.
Primarily Pinot Noir with a bit of Chardonnay (10%), the fruit was left in contact with the skins to get the perfect color, a traditional, natural technique preferable to blending back red wine. Several different aromatic and Rosé yeasts were used during fermentation in 100% stainless steel for freshness."
- Item #: i_201470Bottle Size: 750MLJeb Dunnuck: 92 PointsProducers of Petite Sirah need to take note: there's a young gun out there who's going to show you some new moves! Winemaker Aaron Jackson is one amazing guy! He fully commits to whatever the task at hand is. So being the hardcore surfer that he is, you can imagine how dedicated to winemaking Aaron must be when he has to leave those firing Central Coast point breaks to head for the vineyards! His wines have been staples at our store for years, and it's amazing how he can make Petite Sirah taste so good, keep it complex yet easy to drink, and sell such a tasty wine for a reasonable price!
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "(raised for 22 months in large French oak barrels, 55% of them new) Bright purple. Smoke-tinged cherry and blueberry compote aromas show excellent clarity, and a mocha element sneaks in as the wine stretches out. Sweet and pliant in the mouth, offering densely packed yet lively red and blue fruit and floral pastille flavors and a hint of five-spice powder. Shows impressive energy on the broad, chewy finish, which is firmed by building tannins and sharpened by a late jolt of juicy acidity."
JEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - "The inky colored 2015 Petite Sirah offers classic sweet black and plum fruits as well as some smoky, barbecue notes in its full-bodied, layered, powerful style. With 12% Syrah in the blend and brought up in 55% new barrels, it stays beautifully balanced and is a joy to drink."
- Item #: i_200090Bottle Size: 750mlVibrant aromas of crème brûlée, ginger, lemon curd and white peach are followed by a creamy entry which blossoms to a full, sweet, peach, nectarine and citrus mid-palate. Medium-bodied with vibrant acidity, the wine finishes long and full.
- Item #: i_200130Bottle Size: 750mlThe myriad of dark fruit and floral notes in this Pinot Noir come from the cool, windy Los Carneros American Viticultural Area (AVA) in the southern reaches of Napa Valley. Satsuma plum, blackberry, red rose and violet notes weave through the enticing aromas, mingled with warm nuances of vanilla and toasted oak from barrel aging. Silky, elegant flavors echo the aromas, adding blueberry and plum to the rich fruit complexity. You'll find this wine's lush flavors, bright acidity and fine tannins are perfectly balanced to complement a broad range of foods, from grilled salmon and chicken, to lamb and wild mushrooms.
- Item #: i_200100Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker Chris Phelps grew up in the hills of the Livermore Valley, east of San Francisco, in a family of wine lovers. His early interest in winemaking grew out of his parents' practice of making a barrel or two of Zinfandel or Cabernet for family and friends. Chris attended UC Davis with the sensible plan of becoming a doctor. However, his love of wine and France pulled him into the school's Enology and Viticulture program, an internship at Louis M. Martini in Napa Valley, and the world of professional winemaking.
From there, Chris then embarked on a 16-month sojourn in Bordeaux, where he met Christian Moueix, who persuaded him to stay on to manage the 1982 harvest at Château des Laurets, in the Puisseguin-St. Emilion district of Bordeaux. It was during this trial-by-fire experience that Chris met his mentor, the brilliant Jean-Claude Berrouet, who served for 44 years as the winemaker of Chateau Petrus. To this day, Chris still credits much of his inspiration as a winemaker and his solid understanding of the technical challenges of the winemaking craft to Berrouet's tutelage. Upon returning to Napa Valley, Chris spent twelve years as winemaker at Dominus, as part of the Berrouet-Moueix team. He considers the 1991 and 1994 vintages to be among the greatest wines he has helped to create. He then spent seven years at Caymus Vineyards, managing all red winemaking from 1999 through 2002.
Ad Vivum (Latin for "toward wine") Cabernet Sauvignon is made from one small micro-block of vines at Sleeping Lady Vineyard, in Yountville, Napa Valley. The vines are located at the vineyard's uppermost western perimeter along the Mayacamas Mountains. Row orientation is southwestnortheast. The vineyard is sustainably and meticulously farmed by the Bettinelli family. The soil profile shows Keefers dark gravelly-sandy clay loam of alluvial origin.
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Sleeping Lady Vineyard is pliant, succulent and super-inviting. Dark cherry, plum, lavender and sweet spice notes are all given an extra kick of plushness in a gracious, silky Cabernet that captures the essence of Sleeping Lady. The purity of the fruit alone is striking. Perfumed, suave and wonderfully detailed, the 2016 is exquisitely beautiful. When I think of reference-point wines from Sleeping Lady, Chris Phelps' Cabernet is very often on top of my mind."
- Item #: i_200180Bottle Size: 750mlIn 2016, Adaptation continued to work with their favorite local growers to craft this wine. The majority of the Cabernet Sauvignon comes from Ink Grade (on the back side of Howell Mountain), which provides the framework and structure to carry this wine. They headed south incorporating vineyards in Pope Valley, Stags Leap District and Oak Knoll that complimented the abundance of tannin, color and structure already in place. This diversity and range within Napa Valley has allowed Adaptation to craft a wine which showcases the unique Napa Valley terroir in an approachable, elegant style.
A blend of 85% Cabernet Sauvignon and 15% Merlot, This approachable 2016 delivers notes of rainier cherries, currants, elderberries, incense, forest floor, and dried herbs with bright acidity, adding freshness and verve to the long persistent finish.
- Item #: i_277843Bottle Size: 750MLAdelaida's distinct family owned vineyards lie in the craggy hillside terrain of Paso Robles' Adelaida District, 14 miles from the Pacific coast. Ranging from 1400 – 2000 feet in elevation these low yielding vines are chal-lenged by chalky limestone soils and afternoon blasts of cool marine air, and a diurnal temperature swing of 40-50 degrees.
Long a benchmark for "Paso Cabs", Viking Vineyard's mountain fruit has the racy vibrancy of blue and red berries and the savory, structured tannins of its characteristic small berries. The wine walks the fashion runway of flavors, from red currants to black raspberries, from cedar-wood to graphite minerality, finishing energetically with notes of mocha and vanilla spice.
- Item #: i_200240Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 92 POINTS - "(21% new oak): Pale, brilliant yellow. Displays racy, mineral-accented citrus and orchard fruit scents that show impressive focus and spicy lift. Shows excellent delineation and tension on the palate, offering nervy Meyer lemon, quince and candied ginger flavors that deepen slowly and pick up a hint of smokiness on the back half. Closes dry and impressively long, with repeating minerality and firm, tangy bite."
- Item #: i_200280Bottle Size: 750ml
Adelsheim Vineyard began back in 1971 with Ginny and David Adelsheim purchasing 19 acres in beautiful Oregon countryside. They shared a dream with a handful of families that Oregon's climate and land could one day produce serious wines. A home was built, vines planted, and in 1978, the first commercial wines were produced. Over four decades, Adelsheim Vineyard grew up with Oregon's wine industry pioneering the way towards the future of wine production.
With its broad array of origins and clones, this wine displays aromas of cocoa, pomegranate and raspberry on the nose and the palate as well as a light touch of nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice. True to Adelsheim's house style, it is elegantly textured with seamlessly integrated, silky, polished tannins. Pair it with salmon, ahi, veal, pork, duck, beef or hearty vegetarian entrees. Adelsheim Vineyard began back in 1971 with Ginny and David Adelsheim purchasing 19 acres in beautiful Oregon countryside. They shared a dream with a handful of families that Oregon's climate and land could one day produce serious wines. A home was built, vines planted, and in 1978, the first commercial wines were produced. Over four decades, Adelsheim Vineyard grew up with Oregon's wine industry pioneering the way towards the future of wine production.
With its broad array of origins and clones, this wine displays aromas of cocoa, pomegranate and raspberry on the nose and the palate as well as a light touch of nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice. True to Adelsheim's house style, it is elegantly textured with seamlessly integrated, silky, polished tannins. Pair it with salmon, ahi, veal, pork, duck, beef or hearty vegetarian entrees.
- Item #: i_200450Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92+ POINTS - "A blend of 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 23% Syrah, 22% Merlot and 5% Petite Sirah, the 2016 Apex Sonoma County Red Wine sports a deep garnet-purple color and a provocative nose of baked blackcurrants, Black Forest cake, tar and chargrill with hints of bay leaves, truffles and tapenade. Full-bodied, rich and decadently fruited in the mouth, it packs in the black fruit and savory layers with a firm yet plush texture and great length."
- Item #: i_200455Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93+A blend of 35% Zinfandel, 30% Barbera, 13% Grenache, 12% Petite Sirah, and 10% Carignane.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93+ POINTS - "Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2016 Red Blend Shift gives very pretty scents of violets and roses over a core of black cherries, cedar chest, dark chocolate and tapenade. Medium to full-bodied, it delivers mouth-filling black fruits with plenty of floral accents and a firm, grainy frame, finishing on a refreshing note."
- Item #: i_201480Bottle Size: 750mlWhile he has become known for his insanely delicious Petite Sirahs from Paso Robles, winemaker Aaron Jackson has recently expanded his portfolio and added some new flavors! AEQUOREA - which means "of the sea" in Latin - is focused on single vineyard wines from extreme coastal vineyards amidst San Luis Obispo County.
Making Viognier is always such a challenge for Aaron, in that he aims for a style so much different than what is typically produced in California. Instead, he strives to make a Viognier that showcases what can be done with the variety on the extremes of the coast where it struggles to ripen. At only 2 miles from the ocean in Pismo Beach, Spanish Springs is on the edge of where Viognier can be grown. Super aromatic, floral, and loaded with brightness and minerality, the 2018 features a racy profile of white stone fruit, snappy citrus, freshly cut pineapple, and an amazing finish. The strong beam of natural acidity gives it freshness for days.
- Item #: i_204920Bottle Size: 750mlThis is perhaps the one wine that rivals our 'Wine of the Month' in terms of velocity. Our customers have come to expect our Top Cab Under $20 to over deliver for the money, so we take extra time in securing this spot.
In addition to working at chateaux Troplong-Mondot and La Tour Figeac in Bordeaux, winemaker Aaron Pott has also worked on the winemaking teams at Newton, Beringer, Quintessa, Krupp Brother, Blackbird, and Seven Stones. As you can tell, he definitely has a capable hand with Cabernet Sauvignon! Farmed from vines at an elevation of 2,400ft in the Red Hills of Lake County, just over the hills from the Napa Valley, Aaron crafted this mountain-inspired Cabernet Sauvignon using the same dedication to quality that he uses with Napa Valley fruit, as Red Hills often has similar soils and warm daytime temperature as its more prestigious neighbor.
This Cabernet is dark ruby in color with hints of purple, and the nose shows violets, cured meats, blackcurrants, black cherry, a hint of olive, graphite, and raspberry liqueur. Briary, with silky tannins and a combination of bright red and rich dark fruits on the palate, this medium- to full-bodied Cabernet has a finish that lasts much longer that most at this price point!
- Item #: i_200960Bottle Size: 750mlThe Revana Vineyard is located in the Dundee Hills appellation of Oregon’s Willamette Valley. This unique appellation is marked by distinct geographic elements that effectively insulate this region from the dramatic weather variations experienced in other nearby growing areas. True to the appellation, Alexana's 80-acre property possesses an incredibly diverse and complex series of soils and exposures. Located between 360 and 640 feet above sea level, the site has eighteen soil types spread over a combination of rolling hills, steep slopes and some rugged terrain.
Stunning and bright, the Alexana 2014 Riesling is clean, crisp and austere - almost Alsatian-style Riesling. Abounding with green apple and loads of minerals, the texture is rich and expansive. Grapefruit, honeysuckle and a hint of petrol come together to create a complex wine with intense layers and brilliant acidity, perfect for pairing with spicy food.
- Item #: i_200560Bottle Size: 750MLThe 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon is a classic Alexander Valley wine with medium body, great fruit flavors and smooth, structured tannins. Winemaker Kevin Hall added 11% Merlot for structure, a touch of Cabernet Franc for floral notes and Malbec and Petit Verdot for color.