- Item #: i_381754Bottle Size: 750mlA beautiful, impeccably balanced wine. There is lovely transparency and elegance to the fruit in an expression of Sangiovese that offers gorgeous roundness in a mid-weight, elegant style. The finish is long, soft and caressing. Even better, this is an outstanding value!
- Item #: i_302344Bottle Size: 750mlRipe dark fruits, notes of telltale Montalcino underbrush and herbs, nimble acidity, and satisfying tannins make this Rosso di Montalcino drink like a true “baby Brunello.” A blend of the best organically grown grapes, this Rosso spends about 18 months in barrel before bottling (regulations require that Brunello spends two years in barrel, making this wine akin to Montalcino’s more famous sibling).
- Item #: i_302315Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95James Suckling: 97JAMES SUCKLING 97 POINTS - "This shows fantastic depth and intensity. Full-bodied, very balanced and beautiful. A rich and powerful wine. Watch this. Better than the 2015. A blend of cabernet sauvignon and petit Verdot."
WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "The 2016 Sapaio shows abundant dark chocolate and spice all balanced out by the rich sweetness of the fruit. Blackberry, plum and dark currant emerge from the bouquet. The harvest required that much of the fruit for this wine come from vineyards in Bibbona (outside the Bolgheri appellation), and that's why this wine is classified as a Toscana IGT. The results are well-balanced, fragrant and absolutely seamless. Some 20,000 bottles were made."
- Item #: i_303468Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS; SMART BUY - "Wild rosemary, thyme and camphor aromas lead off, with concentrated flavors of blackberry and black currant. An iron edge sinks in as this unfolds to the long, staining finish. Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. Best from 2020 through 2032. 11,000 cases made, 5,500 cases imported."
We've been following the Rocca di Frassinello estate for a number of years; bring Chateau Lafite into a joint venture on the Tuscan coast with Chianti's much heralded Castellare estate and you have our attention. Time and again, our favorite bottling from Frassinello has been the "Le Sughere di Frassinello." "Le Sughere" is meant as second wine from the large Frassinello estate, next to the more age-worthy top wine simply called "Rocca di Frassinello." However, there is so much more charm and immediate pleasure in "Le Sughere di Frassinello" that we always want to go back this wine.
- Item #: i_301238Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS - "The 2016 Bolgheri Superiore Ornellaia is a wine of extreme complexity and precision. It offers monumental depth with profound layers of black fruit, coffee, licorice and baking chocolate. I tasted this 2016 vintage beside the less-impactful 2015 vintage (which was reviewed last year). These two editions are very different when compared side to side, and this 2016 release is clearly superior in terms of the quality, clarity and intensity of its offerings. This Ornellaia delivers glossy shine and a polished texture that segues to important richness, concentration and textural fiber. It wraps thickly over the palate, imparting waves of sweet dark fruit and dark spice that linger for many long minutes. This beautiful wine is hitting the market now, but collectors will want to put it straight into their cellars for safekeeping."
ANTONIO GALLONI; VINOUS 96+ POINTS - "Just bottled, the 2016 Ornellaia is a dense, powerful wine. Naturally, the 2016 is just at the beginning of its life, but I am struck by how polished the tannins are for such a young wine. Ornellaia is at its best starting around age ten, but there is little doubt the 2016 is a hugely promising wine. Black cherry, chocolate, plum, new leather and a range of spice notes all build into a veritable crescendo of aromas, flavors and textures." - Antonio Galloni (Mar 2019)
WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS - "Black currant, plum, cedar, lead pencil and toasty, spicy elements highlight this intense red. Muscular tannins line the extended finish, leaving a peppery impression. The parts are all there but need time to integrate. Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot. Best from 2023 through 2043. From Italy." — B.S. (May 22, 2019) Tenuta dell'Ornellaia was founded in 1981, in a beautiful, unspoiled part of Tuscany. From the outset, their mission was to produce outstanding wines. Since then passion and dedication, coupled with a unique terroir and an extraordinary microclimate, has brought the Tenuta dell'Ornellaia's prestigious labels great success and recognition as one of the most important wineries in the world.
- Item #: i_302899Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 97JAMES SUCKLING 97 POINTS - "This has a wonderful texture of beautiful, ultra-fine tannins, complex character of dark fruit, currants, hazelnuts and light chocolate. Goes on for minutes. Give it three or four years of bottle age but already so delicious. Drink in 2022."
Tua Rita is among the most consistent producers in Tuscany. This estate offers an excellent and exciting assortment of Tuscan red wines year after year. This new set of releases shows that the wind continues to blow into the Tua Rita sails.