- Item #: i_377573Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93VINOUS WINE MEDIA 94 POINTS-"All of the natural power and breath of Avize come through in the 2013 Extra Brut Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru L’Avizoise. Graphite, crushed rocks and dried flowers are woven throughout a core of rich, super-expressive Chardonnay fruit. The 2013 is ample, savory and intensely mineral, but it will be even better in another few years, once all the elements have time to fully meld together. The 2013 is such a gorgeous and expressive Champagne. These 50+ year-old vines in the Les Robards and La Voie d’Epernay confer real depth and pedigree. Dosage: 5 gr/L. Disgorged: May, 2019."
- Item #: i_345130Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 92-95BURGHOUND 92 - 95 POINTS - " This is also brooding to the point of being almost inexpressive and it is only with aggressive swirling that reluctant aromas of pungent earth, spice, floral, dark currant and mocha notes emerge. This is a seriously powerful and concentrated Maz with its muscular big-bodied flavors that also possess a hugely long finish on the almost painfully intense finale. This is terrific and should amply reward longer-term cellaring and note too that it's going to need it as this is very structured though not hard or tough."
- Item #: i_350063Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97-99ROBERT PARKER 97-99 POINTS:-"The inky black-colored 2013 Côte Rôtie La Landonne is certainly one of the gems in the vintage, and it has more texture, depth and richness than just about every other wine out there. Charred fruits, black, black fruits, espresso, crushed rock and wood smoke all emerge from this full-bodied, concentrated Côte Rôtie that certainly shows a masculine style, yet still possesses incredible purity and elegance."
- Item #: i_334009Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94-96Wine Spectator: 95-98eROBERT PARKER 94-96 POINTS: "As one might expect, this is probably the dry white wine of the vintage. Composed of 70% Semillon and 30% Sauvignon Blanc, it shows no trace of its time spent in 100% new oak, but offers copious notes of lemon oil, orange blossom, honeysuckle, fig and grapefruit. The wine possesses a broad, full-bodied mouthfeel with great precision, freshness and length. Consume it over the next 30+ years."
WINE SPECTATOR 95-98 POINTS: "The pear skin, honeysuckle, chamomile and verbena aromas are all defined already, with an almost creamy feel to the core of white peach, lemon chiffon and macadamia nut notes. Shows remarkable depth and richness, with straw and brioche accents helping the finish glide along beautifully. A stunner, possibly the wine of the vintage. Sauvignon Blanc and Sémillon.—Tasted non-blind. Score range: 95-98" –JM
- Item #: i_325786Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Hints of yeast and bread dough announce this elegant wine, mixing with rich flavors of quince paste, toasted raisin bread, nut and candied lemon zest. Offers beautiful balance and harmony, with a long, juicy finish. Disgorged May 2010. Drink now through 2024."
WINE ADVOCATE 92 - "The 2004 Extra Brut Grand Cru Rive Gauche Rive Droite is 60% Pinot Noir from Ay and 40% Chardonnay from Chouilly and Oiry vinified in oak barrels. Today the wine is understandably tight and focused, but with time in the glass it turns richer and weightier. Warm toasty notes add further shades of nuance on the finish. The Rive Gauche Rive Droit is a bigger wine than some of the other Champagnes in this line-up, but it isn't appreciably more complex. Disgorged May 4, 2010, anticipated maturity: 2012-2022. I was very impressed by what I tasted from Hebrart this year. From top to bottom this is a fabulous set of wines."
- Item #: i_321804Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 100% Chardonnay from the long, cool 2013 growing season. This cuvee includes 4 Grands and Premiers crus in the Côte des Blancs and the Montagne de Reims and 2 Grands and Premiers crus in the Marne Valley. This luxuriant bubbly was given: 5 years' cellar maturation and finished with a lowish dosage of 6 g/l. WINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS-"A blend of Grand Cru fruit, this well-structured wine is rich while also tense, mineral and with further aging potential. Citrus acidity is allied to crisp apples to produce the fruity side of this well-balanced wine. It will be better from 2020."
- Item #: i_374647Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - " The NV Brut Blanc de Blancs flows with the essence of lemon, white flowers, almonds and pears. It is a bright, focused wine backed up with considerable plushness and generosity in its fruit. The Blanc de Blancs should drink beautifully for a number of years."
- Item #: i_344311Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93eROBERT PARKER 93 POINTS: "The 2013 Charmes-Chambertin Très Vieilles Vignes has a broody, surprisingly introspective bouquet with raspberry coulis, blackcurrant and sous-bois notes, although to be frank it does not put any gap between itself and the 2013 Gevrey Fontenys. The palate is medium-bodied with fine definition, not quite as sensual as other Charmes-Chambertins that I have tasted, just a prickle of white pepper towards the finish, but it declines offering that knockout punch on the finish. And as such, pound for pound I prefer the Fontenys this year that seems to possess the same level of complexity."
- Item #: i_344313Bottle Size: 750MLeROBERT PARKER 91-93 POINTS: "The 2013 Griotte-Chambertin Grand Cru, whose vines lie next to Jean-Marie Fourrier, was showing a little reduction at the beginning, but with aeration it begins to gain more clarity. The palate is medium-bodied with grainy tannins, black fruit mixed with cola and five-spice, a crisp line of acidity and a long candied finish. A sumptuous Griotte-Chambertin that will need several years to reach its plateau."
- Item #: i_345057Bottle Size: 750MLROBERT PARKER 88-89 POINTS: "The 2013 l'Evangile shows a slightly deeper color as well as more noticeable ripe raspberry and black cherry fruit intermixed with notions of licorice and incense. Again, there is no hint of herbaceousness or tannic astringency in this mid-weight, slightly superficial, but charming, pretty 2013. Consume it over the next 7-8 years."
- Item #: i_378650Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94Vinous Media: 92Biodynamically certified since 2004, LarmandierBernier is now regarded as one of the greatest estates of the Côte des Blancs, producing wines of unusual detail and clarity. Their attractively priced “Terres de Vertus” is always one of our favorites as it so well embodies the terroir-driven purity and finesse for which the firm is renowned. The Terres de Vertus is not a single-vineyard wine, but rather it’s a single terroir expression, produced from grapes grown in three adjacent parcels totaling 2.5 hectares, located on the chalky side of Vertus along the road to Le Mesnil: Les Barillées, Les Faucherets and La Vieille Voie. In this era of global warming, 2013 was unusually cool with harvesting starting in October-- several weeks later than the modern day norm. The result is a classically vibrant, buoyant and elongated ”Vertus” that is well on its way to ranking with the winery best.
WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Disgorged in 2018 with minimal dosage, the 2013 Brut Nature Blanc de Blancs Premier Cru Terre de Vertus unfurls with notes of lemon oil, oyster shell, pastry cream and crisp green apple that gains in definition and purity with time in the glass. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, with a pinpoint mousse, lovely venosity, fine depth at the core and a mouthwateringly saline, chalky and decidedly dry finish. As usual, this is a classy and distinctive bottling from Larmandier-Bernier."
ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "The 2013 Brut Nature Blanc de Blancs Terre de Vertus 1er Cru is a tight, edgy Champagne that needs a good bit of air, as it is very reticent today. Readers will find a tight Blanc de Blancs that emphasize the savory, earthy side of Chardonnay. It will be interesting to see if the 2013 softens a bit, but it is pretty austere, just as it was last year. Today, it is pretty reticent. The Terre de Vertus is a blend of fruit from the Les Barillers and Les Faucherets lieu-dits. It was fermented and aged in a combination of barrique and used neutral foudres. Bottled with no dosage and Disgorged: October 2019."
- Item #: i_334074Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94-96Burghound: 92-95BURGHOUND 92-95 POINTS "DON'T MISS": "Once again this was not vinified by Jadot. This too is remarkably broad-ranging with its relatively expressive nose of cool red and dark fruit, spice, earth, game, underbrush, floral and exotic tea scented aromas. There is an almost pungent minerality to the overtly powerful and intense big-bodied flavors that exude a controlled power on the imposingly long finish where an interesting hint of tobacco appears. This is impressive though again note well that this will require all of 15 years to arrive at its peak and 18 to 20 would not surprise me."
eROBERT PARKER 94-96 POINTS: "The 2013 Chambertin Grand Cru has a sense of length and breadth on the nose: delve in to find red and yellow plum, wild strawberry, heather, forest floor and sage aromas that are well defined. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannins, moderate weight in the mouth, but it is more a sense of focus and symmetry that really lifts this Chambertin. Fresh and vibrant with the mineral component becoming accentuated towards the linear finish, this is a Chambertin that will require several years in bottle."
- Item #: i_321252Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92-94Burghound: 92-94BURGHOUND 92-94 POINTS: "Here the nose is quite similar to that of the Ech though there is a bit more overall complexity. In the same vein there is a bit more size, weight, richness and muscle to the dusty and mouth coating flavors that also possess a firmer tannic spine that is well-buffered by the profusion of sap, all wrapped in a dense, powerful and impressively long finish. This is definitely going to need plenty of time in bottle to reach its full apogee."
eROBERT PARKER 92-94 POINTS: "The 2013 Grands Echezeaux Grand Cru has more fruit intensity on the nose than its little brother, although not quite the same endearing delineation. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannin, good depth, a touch of dried blood infusing the red berry fruit with commendable precision on the long finish. Everything seems to be held back at the moment, so give it several years in bottle."
- Item #: i_334075Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 89-90Burghound: 91-93BURGHOUND 91-93 POINTS: "Here too Barnier noted that this was not vinified by Jadot. There is plenty of oak and menthol character on the nose that presently all but renders the spicy red currant aromas invisible. As one would reasonably expect the middle weight and lightly mineral-inflected flavors possess a more refined mouth feel as well as deliver better depth and length on the firm but not hard or even particularly austere finale. Patience will be required though."
eROBERT PARKER 89-90 POINTS: "The 2013 Griotte-Chambertin Grand Cru has a more leathery, mushroom-scented bouquet - plenty of undergrowth - but not the same delineation or complexity as the Mazis-Chambertin '13 at the moment. The palate is medium-bodied and shows more freshness and class than the aromatics, with orange sorbet and Chinese 5-spice towards the elegant finish. It is just the aromatics that let the side down."
- Item #: i_345289Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 88-90Burghound: 89-92BURGHOUND 89-92 POINTS: "Plentiful wood and menthol scents serves as a less than subtle backdrop for the ripe and very fresh red and dark currant, sauvage and strong earth aromas. There is excellent richness to the full-bodied and overtly muscular flavors that possess fine power on the firm and palate coating finish. The somewhat rustic tannins are buffered by the abundant dry extract and the overall impression of this bold effort is one of a classic, indeed even old school, Vaucrains."
- Item #: i_333973Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91-93WINE ADVOCATE 91-93 POINTS - "The 2013 Chablis Grand Cru Cote de Bouqueyreaux (not the easiest word to pronounce) comes from Bougros (which is far easier to pronounce, but that's Patrick's recalcitrance for you!) It possesses a very fresh lime flower, mineral and citrus peel nose that is effervescent compared to other 2013s from Piuze. The palate is clean and fresh with good acidity, very harmonious with touches of apricot and tangerine, cohesive with very good tension on the saline finish. What a superb Chablis - one worth the effort in trying to pronounce."
- Item #: i_375258Bottle Size: 750ml100% Chardonnay from Ambonnay Grand Cru. Made and aged in 205 liters champagne Oak barrels. Tasting: A gorgeous crystalline gold colour, with green highlights. An extremely fine bouquet, with apricot,grapefruit and peach aromas. Palate: This exceptionally fresh champagne will be an ideal companion for summermeals.Or just to be tasted with our Blanc de Noir for a tremendous tasting that will reflect all the differences only made with the difference of grapes as they are worked exactly the same way. This champagne should be enjoyed either as a cocktail.
- Item #: i_376804Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93We have long been huge fans of Roederer’s Blanc de Blancs but it is always good to get confirmation from a higher source. Here are the words of Roederer Chef de Cave Jean-Baptiste Lecallion in an interview conducted by Champagne Warrior, Brad Baker. “Blanc de Blanc is essentially a Cristal in the Blanc de Blancs style. It sees a little less time on the lees and has less pressure in the bottle, but the same Chardonnay that goes into Cristal goes into the Blanc de Blancs. I think it is probably the best bargain in our range. Though as much as I love the Blanc de blancs, I think Cristal is usually better-due to the fact that it blends in top Marne Valley and Montagne de Reims vineyards...” The 2013 is svelte, crackles with energy and is a not-tobe-missed “classic” in the best sense of the word.
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Lemon curd and star fruit flavors provide a citrusy overtone to notes of apricot, biscuit and thyme in this well-knit, racy Champagne, which offers a lively bead and a subtle streak of salinity. Well-balanced and mouthwatering. Drink now through 2030."
- Item #: i_351390Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS - "Shows impressive depth and range for the vintage, with layer upon layer of steeped fig, crushed plum and warm raspberry preserve flavors forming the core, all backed by Turkish coffee, licorice root and roasted alder notes. The finish is long and authoritative, presenting a beguiling whiff of shiso leaf at the very end. A superb effort. Best from 2018 through 2030"