- Item #: i_352106Bottle Size: 750ml80% Grenache and 20% Syrah from the Ventoux. This is a deep, bold, spicy red blend from Frédéric and Daniel Brunier, the fourth generation of their family to farm the land of Châteauneuf-du-Pape. Aged in oak foudres for 10 months. A serious, profound bouquet with a hint of liquorice. The palate reveals the spices of this new terroir, interwoven with herby garrigue flavours. Attractive structure, taut, elegant, compelling – you sense the freshness of the place. A true character.
- Item #: i_353335Bottle Size: EACHWine Advocate: 90Jeb Dunnuck: 91 Points"These are serious wines, at great prices, and readers need to jump on these before the prices catch up with the quality" - Jeb Dunnuck
"One of my all-time favorite producers in France" - Robert Parker, Wine Advocate
"Château Pesquié is one of the great estates of the Ventoux" - Joe Czerwinski, Wine Advocate
We just brought in an incredible value that is a great choice as a daily drinker and has been selected as our Wine of the Month. We were able to try the new vintage on this deeply fruited Rhone blend and loved it! Incredibly satisfying with its array of perfectly ripened fruit and a freshness that has us asking for more. This is yet another jewel from importer, Eric Solomon who specializes in sourcing amazing wines at reasonable prices. Rhone loving wine critic Jeb Dunnuck gave Chateau Pesquie Edition 1912 a score of 91 Points noting its "richness, terrific elegance on the palate, and outstanding length."
Dunnuck also wrote, "I continue to sing the praises of Château Pesquié, which is one of the leading estates in the Ventoux region and is run by the talented brothers, Alexandre and Frederic Chaudiere. Don't let the prices fool you, these wines are the real deal." We completely agree!
Named for the elevation of Mont Ventoux (1912 meters above sea level), Edition 1912M is a cuvée made from about 70% Grenache and 30% Syrah with small additions of Cinsault and Carignan. As with most of the southern Rhone, this area is bathed in intense sunshine which allows the grapes to achieve optimal ripeness. This wine demonstrates the freshness and vibrancy that Ventoux is capable of achieving due to its elevation and its unique microclimate provided by the nearby mountain. The result is a supple and rounded style that's ready to drink and so easy to like.
Chateau Pesquie's 1912 is a delicious wine and an amazing value. Buy this with confidence as an easygoing daily drinker to share with family and friends.
JEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - "Moving to the reds and starting with the 2019 Ventoux Edition 1912M, this Grenache-dominated red comes from higher elevation sites and always has a cooler climate, fresher, more lively style. Revealing a pretty nose of ripe cherries, sappy garrigue, and spring flowers, it has a wonderful sense of minerality, medium-bodied richness, terrific elegance on the palate, and outstanding length. It's well worth checking out. You can drink it today, but it will also evolve for a solid 8-9 years, if not longer, and I think this wine sells for a song, so that's saying something."
WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "A tank-aged blend of 70% Grenache, 20% Syrah and 10% Cinsault, the 2019 Ventoux Edition 1912M features bright, vibrant notes of cherries and hints of garrigue on the nose. It's medium to full-bodied in the mouth, supple and almost creamy in texture, then silky and mouthwatering on the finish. Drink this easy-drinking wine over the next few years."
- Item #: i_352095Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 91A deliciously ripe blend of Syrah, Grenache and Mourvèdre, this Côtes du Rhône wine has a wonderful core of dark, berry fruit supported by a framework of ripe tannin with cooling, grantic notes and a sleek, sophisticated texture. It is readily approachable from release.
- Item #: i_353143Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2019 Domaine de Terrebrune Bandol Blanc opens with subtle aromas of white flowers and exotic fruits. Fresh and tender palate. Minerality coated with a beautiful material. Long and persistent finish. This wine marries well with fish in various preparations and cheeses such as Beaufort, Comté, and Goat.
- Item #: i_345007Bottle Size: 750ML"Marsanne (51%) is the dominant grape variety complemented by Clairette Blanc (31%) and some Ugni Blanc (18%). The vineyards to produce the white wine at Bagnol cover a bit less than 9 hectares and are planted on a gentle slope of clay and limestone soil with a north – northwest exposure. After a manual harvest, the grapes are destemmed and pressed; the fermentation continues for three weeks in cement cuves at a temperature controlled 18 degrees Celsius; the wine is vinified completely dry. The malo-lactic fermentation is blocked to preserve the freshness of the wine and the wine is normally bottled at some point between May and July of the following year. Total annual production is on the order of 40,000 bottles; somewhere between 6,000 and 9,000 bottles per year are dedicated to the US market." MADROSE.COM
Domaine du Bagnol Cassis offers intense minerality.The fresh mid-palate possesses a gracious, ample and silky, coating texture enhanced by beautiful, focused acidity and generous yellow fruit flavors, unripe white peach, touch of apple and zesty, lemon peel notes. The finish is racy, polished, intense and long.
- Item #: i_350802Bottle Size: 750mlThe first vineyards at Domaine de Fontsainte, in the Corbières appellation, were planted by the Romans. Artifacts found in these vineyards, such as an old coin dating from the time of Marcus Agrippa in 25 A.D., are a testament to its antiquity. He farms the land sustainably and keeps treatments to a minimum. Grenache and Syrah are de-stemmed by hand; Carignan goes through carbonic maceration.
- Item #: i_354088Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91-93Jeb Dunnuck: 92 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - "A blend of 40% Roussanne, 30% Clairette, and the balance Grenache Blanc and Picpoul, the 2019 Châteauneuf Du Pape Blanc offers a lighter gold color as well as a classic bouquet of honeyed citrus, white orchard fruits, honeysuckle, and acacia flowers. This nicely textured, medium to full-bodied white has an expansive texture, solid mid-palate depth, and a clean, dry finish that will make it shine at the dinner table. Drink it any time over the coming 7-8 years."
WINE ADVOCATE 91-93 POINTS - "The Domaine de la Solitude 2018 Blanc has a spicy nose of ginger, allspice and coriander seed over a core of lemon curd and grapefruit plus a waft of baker's yeast. Full-bodied and satiny textured, it has loads of tropical layers and a long, refreshing finish."
- Item #: i_354256Bottle Size: 750mlIt is made with 80% Grenache from the new vineyard blended with 20% Syrah from the Gramenon estate. The addition of Syrah has given the wine a darker, more mystic aroma and has added a shade of garnet to the colour too. The quality of this new vineyard is evident in the wines superb pitch; it has great vibrancy and is full of charming and attractive aromas and flavours, this is a Gramenon wine and it shows.
- Item #: i_322780Bottle Size: 750MLOver forty years of doing business in France and Italy have given Kermit Lynch a level of expertise that few in the wine industry can boast. Countless hours with growers in some of the most famous vineyards and cellars of Europe have offered more than just a casual look at what it takes to be a great grower, let alone a great winemaker. Kermit Lynch was the first to champion the benefits of unfined and unfiltered wines, long before they had become fashionable. This belief is really a matter of taste, and the proof has always been in the glass, offering a purer expression of fruit and an unadulterated reflection of the terroir.
Cotes du Rhone - "The growing success we have enjoyed over the last three vintages is proof enough that the KL Côtes du Rhône fits both the taste profile and quality standards that our customers have come to expect. Since 1929, this winery has been bringing local vignerons together from the outlying areas of Avignon in the Southern Rhône to produce delicious wines that epitomize the region's complex terroirs. Kermit works closely with winemaker Jean-François Pasturel to develop the blend. Pasturel is thrilled to be able to have the chance to produce a Côtes du Rhône he does not have to filter to death. It is his tête de cuvée, his pride and joy."
Primarily Grenache, with Syrah, Carignan, Cinsault, and Mourvèdre, the vineyards this wine comes from average 40 years in age. The nose exudes spicy red plum, mixed red berries, tilled soil and a touch of salted meat. The palate is all about fruit, sweet lovely fruit-- a plate of ripe red berries and cherries that are moderated by easy tannins. A touch of spice in the mid-palate leads to more fruit in the lengthy, tasty finish. Soft enough for the lasting heat of summer yet with enough grip for one more weekend barbecue or the first foods of Fall.
- Item #: i_353812Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91Our wine of the month hails from the southeastern Rhône appellation of Ventoux, in the south of France. Our wine buyers tasted numerous potential candidates for this honor and immediately knew this was the one. And what pleasure this wine gives! This 100% Grenache is loaded with fresh, forward fruits and cascades across the palate with perfectly ripened, lush fruit flavors.
The bounty includes juicy red and dark fruits (think plum, raspberry and boysenberry) augmented by a gentle spice and hints of garrique. The mouthfeel is viscous and rich yet buoyant, nimble and fresh resulting in sheer pleasure for the palate.
Eric Bonnet, winemaker in the Courthézon commune (for La Bastide Saint Dominique, Châteauneuf du Pape, Côtes du Rhône, Cairanne) decided to create La Réserve Saint Dominique in order to offer his clients a selection of Rhône Valley Crus and wines to complement the current range he produces. The secret to the success of this cuvée of La Reserve Saint Dominique is sourcing high-quality grapes, which one can taste in every sip.
The vines for La Réserve Saint Dominique are 20-35 years old on a plot of land at the foot of Mont Ventoux at an elevation of 1500 feet. The higher altitude coupled with superb sun exposure produces grapes of exceptional quality rarely found at this price-point. And the commune is somewhat protected from the famous Mistral winds due to the Ventoux-Vaucluse-Luberon mountain range particularly Mont Ventoux, which looks down over the Rhône Valley to the west and Provence to the south and east.
With football in full swing and fall weather possibly making its way to our shores soon, this wine will work for both last-of-the-season heat waves and cooler climes and the foods that go with each.
La Reserve Saint Dominique is a delicious, crowd-pleasing wine available at a great price. This is one to grab by the case to enjoy with family and close friends.
WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2017 Ventoux Reserve Saint Dominique is a 100% Grenache, négociant bottling by this Châteauneuf-based producer, but it's seriously good juice. Raspberries, anise and black cherries provide ample complexity in this medium to full-bodied wine that's ripe, expansive and supple, with a long, mouthwatering finish. Drink it over the next 4-5 years."
- Item #: i_354122Bottle Size: 750mlCertification: Organic Grapes: Marsanne with skin of Grenache Blanc/Grenache Gris/Vermentino/Roussanne/Viognier Region: Corbières, Languedoc, France Soil: Argilo-calcareous and round pebbles. Terroirs of Corbières Boutenac Vinification: The Marsanne is disrectly pressed. The Grenache Blanc skins, Grenache Gris, Vermentino, Roussanne, and Viognier are left to infuse on the skins for 1 month. Fermentation occurs spontaneously with indigenous yeasts. Sulfites: low addition at bottling From the Winemakers: A skin contact wine that introduces drinkers to a new era of infused wines
- Item #: i_354340Bottle Size: 750mlOrganic farming (no certification) with some biodynamic practices
Wines are bottled unfined and unfiltered
Aged in fiberglass and stainless steel tanks for 6 months until Spring bottling
70% Cinsault, 30% Grenache
40 years average (VINE AGE)
Ludovic crafts elegant, perfumed wines of great purity. He is a proven master with the Grenache grape, coaxing seductive aromatics and silken texture from this noble Mediterranean variety.
- Item #: i_354248Bottle Size: 750mlOrganic. Biodynamic. Vegan.
50% Macabeu, 50 Syrah Syrah is direct pressed into concrete tanks. Both Syrah and Macabeu are vinified separately and then blended with no filtering or fining. Very low addition of sulfites at bottling.
- Item #: i_354119Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 90 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 90 POINTS - "A good buy, the 2019 Côtes du Rhône from this great estate offers up a medium ruby color as well as an incredibly Provençal perfume of spiced red fruits, peppery garrigue, new saddle leather, and flowery incense. Medium-bodied, seamless, and elegant on the palate, it’s already hard to resist and should continue to put a smile on your face any time over the coming 2-4 years."
- Item #: i_350519Bottle Size: 750mlWhite wine accounts for just 3% of Domaine Tempier’s total wine production. It is made from grapes grown on the estate’s finest vineyards which benefit from limited exposure to sunshine. This results in the grapes ripening slowly which allows the wine to mature with good balance after spending 8 to 10 months in oak casks. A blend of Clairette, Bourboulenc and Ugni Blanc; characterized by minerality, freshness, citrus fruit white blossoms. This white can be enjoyed now and up to 8 years from the vintage should you wish to experience the wine as it develops in bottle.
- Item #: i_354164Bottle Size: 750mlNative Yeast, No SO2, Organic
A blend of Syrah, Carignan, Mourvèdre and Grenache Noir from the Roussilo. Half the fruit was fermented as whole bunches for a week, the rest given a direct press. While light on its feet, the flavours are resolutely Mediterranean, with sunkissed fruit seasoned gently with savoury notes of sea salt and garrigue.