- Item #: i_333928Bottle Size: 750MLThe small family domaine in France that works traditionally using techniques and savoir faire passed down across multiple generations is under serious threat today. Consolidation, technology, regulation, foreign investment, globalization, and many other factors (all in the name of progress), threaten the great agricultural tradition of winegrowing in France, arguably the world’s greatest winegrowing culture. Few domaines in France embody this way of life more ably and proudly than Domaine Albert Boxler in Niedermorschwihr. Jean Boxler, many generations removed from his ancestor of the same name that moved here from Switzerland in 1673, currently rules the roost at this humble yet incredibly exciting domaine. Intense and serious about his land, his craft, and his wine, Jean is the genius behind what are certainly some of the finest white wines in Alsace (and the world).
- Item #: i_333508Bottle Size: 750MLBeck-Hartweg has a mere 5.5 ha growed organic. This Riesling is attractive, classic fragrance with citrus, apple and a spicy pepper. The taste is solid and tight with elegant fruit. Typical from its granitic terroir, this Riesling is dry, elegant and shows a nice minerality. It is long in mouth and has some floral notes with a nice purity. Enjoy with oysters and fish
- Item #: i_352545Bottle Size: 750mlThe Beck-Hartweg vineyard has one more special feature: 25% is classified as Grand Cru Frankstein (only 4% of the total Grand Cru production of Alsatian wine has this classification) and is spread among four south-east sloping hillsides of solid granite. The mountain granite soil is a composite of light, stony,shallow sand and forces the roots to penetrate down into the rock fissures for nutrients which gives the wine crystalline minerality and long finish.
- Item #: i_345653Bottle Size: 750MLVINOUS 94+ POINTS - "Luminous straw-yellow. Lemon, minerals, lime and pomaceous orchard fruit, and actually not much of the spice typically associated with granite soils. Long and lively in the mouth, and boasting noteworthy clarity and cut thanks to juicy acidity that channels the flavor molecules directly onto the taste buds. More restrained than the Sommerberg, but also more refined, with sneaky concentration and depth. These vines were planted in the 1970s and are located higher up than Boxler’s two Sommerberg parcels where there is a warmer microclimate. The slightly tactile note on the finish had me thinking some cold-soaking had been done, but Boxler told me it was not so, as he prefers to press the grapes very slowly and that leads to wines with bigger extract and palate presence, accounting for the wine’s tactile sensation."
- Item #: i_352628Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92ROBERT PARKER 92 POINTS: "Weinbach's 2017 Alsace Riesling Cuvée Colette is pure and flinty on the nose, with discreet tropical fruit aromas. Full-bodied and firmly structured on the palate, this is an intensely flavored, quite rich and persistent Riesling with stunningly good length."
- Item #: i_350891Bottle Size: 750mlRiesling is the king of Alsatian wine and the love of the Faller family. A dry and intense wine with much finesse from the estate vineyard, Clos des Capuchins. “Théo” refers to Catherine’s father, the indomitable Théo Faller, one of the most respected winemakers in Alsace before his untimely death in 1979.
This is more typical of the varietal on the nose than the Réserve Personelle and also has much more vibrant acidity. Sweet and sour with pungent citric lemon elements on the palate...almost lemon confit. To finish there are notes of butter and Granny Smith apple. It is ripe, yet not heavy or alcoholic
- Item #: i_351895Bottle Size: 750mlBIODYNAMIC AND CERTIFIED ORGANIC
IMPORTER NOTES - "Literally the “sheep’s path,” Schoffweg leads into Grasberg and is an exceptional terroir: a thin slab of Aalenian limestone perched above the plains, the ultimate extension of the hillock of Altenberg in Bergheim. It faces east, but the warmer climate is tamed by strong winds. Drained by the northern wind in summer, protected by the foehn in autumn, this very poor terroir with rocky yellow limestone provides an extremely complex expression, without noble rot.