- Item #: i_333928Bottle Size: 750MLThe small family domaine in France that works traditionally using techniques and savoir faire passed down across multiple generations is under serious threat today. Consolidation, technology, regulation, foreign investment, globalization, and many other factors (all in the name of progress), threaten the great agricultural tradition of winegrowing in France, arguably the world’s greatest winegrowing culture. Few domaines in France embody this way of life more ably and proudly than Domaine Albert Boxler in Niedermorschwihr. Jean Boxler, many generations removed from his ancestor of the same name that moved here from Switzerland in 1673, currently rules the roost at this humble yet incredibly exciting domaine. Intense and serious about his land, his craft, and his wine, Jean is the genius behind what are certainly some of the finest white wines in Alsace (and the world).
- Item #: i_333508Bottle Size: 750MLBeck-Hartweg has a mere 5.5 ha growed organic. This Riesling is attractive, classic fragrance with citrus, apple and a spicy pepper. The taste is solid and tight with elegant fruit. Typical from its granitic terroir, this Riesling is dry, elegant and shows a nice minerality. It is long in mouth and has some floral notes with a nice purity. Enjoy with oysters and fish
- Item #: i_350891Bottle Size: 750mlRiesling is the king of Alsatian wine and the love of the Faller family. A dry and intense wine with much finesse from the estate vineyard, Clos des Capuchins. “Théo” refers to Catherine’s father, the indomitable Théo Faller, one of the most respected winemakers in Alsace before his untimely death in 1979.
This is more typical of the varietal on the nose than the Réserve Personelle and also has much more vibrant acidity. Sweet and sour with pungent citric lemon elements on the palate...almost lemon confit. To finish there are notes of butter and Granny Smith apple. It is ripe, yet not heavy or alcoholic
- Item #: i_351895Bottle Size: 750mlBIODYNAMIC AND CERTIFIED ORGANIC
IMPORTER NOTES - "Literally the “sheep’s path,” Schoffweg leads into Grasberg and is an exceptional terroir: a thin slab of Aalenian limestone perched above the plains, the ultimate extension of the hillock of Altenberg in Bergheim. It faces east, but the warmer climate is tamed by strong winds. Drained by the northern wind in summer, protected by the foehn in autumn, this very poor terroir with rocky yellow limestone provides an extremely complex expression, without noble rot.
- Item #: i_345654Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94James Suckling: 96Decanter: 95 PointsJAMES SUCKLING 96 POINTS - "A phenomenal wine with roasted pineapple, dried pear, apple and mineral. Full body, incredible depth of fruit and liveliness with electrifying acidity. It goes on for minutes. Production was half."
DECANTER 95 POINTS - "Unusually, the 2010 (grown organically) has a proportion of malolactic, giving a rounder, gentler feel. Unfurling now, with notes of apple, plum and turmeric. Full, dry, expressive, generous, complex – this is wonderful."
VINOUS 95 POINTS - "Bright, pale straw-yellow. Deep, intense aromas of yellow apple, mirabelle, jasmine and anise. Dense, suave and tangy, showing a lovely light touch and noteworthy lift to its flavors of apple, pear, minerals and flowers thanks to eye-watering acidity. Finishes cool, vibrant and palate-staining, with lingering notes of mint and liquid minerals."
WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Prominently briny and alkaline in a manner that comes as no surprise given the showing of the corresponding classic and Reserve bottlings, Trimbach’s 2010 Riesling Cuvee Frederic Emile delivers mouthwatering intrigue of oyster liquor, iodine, and oyster shell, its near severity and firmness akin to 2008 but its infectious juiciness and sheer energy more impressive. White peach with its pit as well as hints of huckleberry, sloe berry and nut oils lend succulence as well as piquancy to the long, lemony, almost piercingly bright, minerally palate-coating finish. Tasted alongside the corresponding 2011, this proves even clearer and more rivetingly dynamic. I anticipate it excelling through at least 2028."