- Item #: i_349966Bottle Size: 750mlno herbicides, no pesticides, no anti-botrytis and in some areas we are practicing organic
This "Baby Sancerre" from the small appelation of Coteaux du Giennois near the Loire River is pale gold in color with aromas of white flowers, citrus and exotic fruits (grapefruit, passion fruit). The palate is refreshing with good balance showing additional notes of quince and pear. 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Item #: i_353772Bottle Size: 750mlDagueneau are renowned for being one of the most innovative estates in the Puilly-Fumé appellation, pushing the boundaries of winemaking to obtain superb results with Sauvignon Blanc. Only very tiny allocations of this wine are available, so grab them while you can. Citrus and grapefruit aromas dominate with a tinge of smoky gunflint; beautiful texture and roundness.
- Item #: i_352282Bottle Size: 750mlThe legendary Didier Dagueneau changed the perception of Pouilly Fume. After his death in a plane crash in 2008, his son Louis Benjamin took the reins, and his years of working with his father led to a seamless transition. The Silex is among the greatest expression of Sauvignon Blanc in the world. The wine undergoes whole cluster fermentation, with varieties of native yeasts. Fermentation occurs in small stainless steel and oak barrels. After initial racking, the wine stays on the lees until bottling. There is no malolactic fermentation. The 2017 Didier Dagueneau Blanc Fume de Pouilly Silex is a complex wine with a lot of freshness, a strong mineral style and a long palate.
- Item #: i_352065Bottle Size: 750mlBIODYNAMIC/ORGANIC Domaine du Nozay Sancerre is a multi-award winning Sancerre from a passionate, winemaking family dedicated solely to the pursuit of making the perfect expression of Sauvignon Blanc. Philippe de Benoist built Domaine du Nozay himself in 1970 and still manages the vineyards today while son Cyril runs the winery. His exuberant, single vineyard Sancerre is hard to beat with its ripe, grassy fruit and complex minerality.
- Item #: i_354267Bottle Size: 750mlThis bottling is consistently one of the Loire’s finest Sauvignon Blancs, showing delicate lime and floral suggestions that sleekly envelop a chalky core. Enjoy it with oysters, with fresh goat cheese, or simply because it provides delightful refreshment at great value.
- Item #: i_354093Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS - "The name of this bright, mineral-driven wine recalls the fossilized shells that make up the chalk soil of the region. A dense, richly fruity character counterbalances the tight texture. Give it a few months and it will be poised and elegant. Organic and biodynamic."
- Item #: i_350379Bottle Size: 750mlIn 1936, Quincy became the first Loire wine to earn AOC status, second in all of France only to Châteauneuf-du-Pape. Thanks to the sandy soils and warm microclimate, the Sauvignon Blanc here is able to ripen more fully than in better-known villages such as Sancerre to the north. At Domaine Trotereau, Pierre Ragon is blessed with vines over 100 years old that are still producing exceptional fruit. Lush, aromatic, and zingy, Pierre’s old-vine Quincy has a mouth-coating texture and charming notes of tangerine that are certain to earn this great appellation the following it deserves. —Anthony Lynch
- Item #: i_353269Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS: "The Sancerre Le Paradis is bright yet intense, fresh and elegant on the intensely aromatic and slightly flinty nose. Round and intense yet also pure and fresh on the palate, this is a dense, compactly structured, persistently fruity and finely iodine-inflected Sancerre with a long, crisp and crunchy-mineral finish. The Paradis is a safe bet in dry and warm vintages due to its 40+-year-old vines in clay/limestone soils that are not too meager."
- Item #: i_311177Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS: "The 2019 Sancerre opens with a clear and highly attractive ripe peach aroma with coolish flint stone notes. Full-bodied and intense, with lingering salinity and sustainable structure, this is an already accessible Sancerre with a long and grippy finish."
- Item #: i_353891Bottle Size: 750mlPetit Chemarin is one of Vincent’s top cuvées, from an exposed vineyard entirely composed of chalky, stony soil. Planted in 1968, the roots have dug down into the limestone, resulting in a wine of stunningly intense minerality. Fermentation takes place in a combination of predominantly old 600ltr oak barrels, with ageing on lees in tank before bottling.
- Item #: i_354217Bottle Size: 750mlWith a clear bright yellow colour, our Pouilly Fume´ opens with a nose of white flowers, vegetable notes combined with citrus zest. On the palate, the attack is forthright and lively, there is great delicacy with freshness and a nice minerality. This wine pairs well with roast or grilled saltwater fish, scallops or even a skate and crayfish gele´e with green apples. It can be enjoyed as an aperitif, with fish, seafood and cheeses, or simply just enjoy with friends…
- Item #: i_353908Bottle Size: 750mlAromas of white fruit, peach then pear and pebble (terroir). Beautiful tension and expression of the calcareous terroir, mineral with aromas of white fruit. Nice balance between tension and roundness.
Organic fertilizers have been used since 1989
- Item #: i_370710Bottle Size: 750MLThe grapes for this basic cuvée of Sancerre are sourced from the vineyards in Bué, Vinon and Crézancy. After harvest, fermentation is done in stainless steel cuves at temperatures between 14 and 18 degrees Celsius. As with all the whites at the domaine, this wine sits in contact with the fine lies for a considerable period of time with the racking being done late in the spring following harvest. The first bottling occurs no earlier than July and frequently does not occur until September of the year following harvest.
- Item #: i_345353Bottle Size: 750ML"Francois Cotat Sancerre: A must-have for the cellar
From gear head, to grape man. While Cotat's first passion may have been restoring old cars, wine-especially his family's Sauvignon Blanc-was a fast second.
No one can doubt that winemaking runs in the blood of the Cotat family. On the slopes of the Monts Damnés in Chavignol, the family has tended both Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir since the end of the second World War. It was only in the 1990s when two brothers, Paul and Francis, handed over the family domaine to their sons, Francois and Pascal, respectively. Today there are two Cotat domaines-one in Chavignol, headed by Francois, and one in Sancerre, run by Pascal. What sets these cousins apart is less important than what they share-a passion for natural winemaking and a truly amazing touch with Sauvignon. He believes in natural winemaking-the vast majority of his plots are cared for organically, often combining seaweed and other natural preparations to fertilize his vines. Harvest is never rushed; in fact, He harvests more than a week after every other winery in the region. Needless to say, extra maturity on the vine means extra body and complexity in the wine. Vineyards are located on very steep slopes, requiring a hand harvest that has become a bit of a pilgrimage for Cotat devotees. The steepest plots can only be worked by sliding down with a cushion tied to your rear while you hold the bucket in front of you. The cousins invented this amusing system, and pickers come from all over Europe every year to volunteer for the harvest.
Grapes from each vineyard plot are vinified separately. The Cotat family pioneered single-vineyard bottlings in Sancerre, and each terroir—whether "Les Monts Damnes" or "Grande Cote" - has its own unique personality. Soils share the same chalky heart as do those in Chablis. In general Pascal wines show a more luxurious, plush mouthfeel in combination with this balanced acidity. (François wines, in comparison, often show more flinty, Chablis-like notes.) Wines are always bottled unfined and unfiltered.
Cotat's wines truly benefit from age. While these wines are irresistible when they are young, one of the unique pleasures of putting down a few bottles is to later discover a rich, custard-like Sancerre that defies everything you would expect from racy Loire Valley Sauvignon Blanc." - NORTH BERKELEY IMPORTS
- Item #: i_373252Bottle Size: 750MLThe Delaille family has owned Domaine du Salvard for more than a century; they have passed it down through generations and expanded the property from 25 acres to nearly 90. Brothers Emmanuel and Thierry represent the fifth generation of the family to farm the land, which they now work sustainably, and continue the winemaking tradition. Their white wine is an 85/15% blend of Sauvignon Blanc and CHARDONNAY; crisp and light, a blend of tropical fruit notes and citrus, the wine has great acidity and plenty of minerality.
- Item #: i_352553Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS: "From a northeast-facing vineyard on jurassic (Oxfordian) limestone that was harvested between September 12 and October 4, the Sancerre Guigne-Chèvres is clear, pure and flinty on the bright and refreshing yet deep and complex nose that delivers oyster and lime/lemon zest notes along with discreet but lovely passion fruit aromas and a strong flint stone tone in the background. On the palate, this is an exciting, finessed, sustainable and vivacious Sancerre from an 84-acre vineyard planted in 1983. The wine is rich and intense but also pure and salty and develops a long, tensioned, tightly woven and classic finish with mouth-watering salinity and grippy phenolic structure. This is probably the finest Guigne-Chèvres I have had (or at least I've met the wine at a perfect moment). Tasted in February 2021."
- Item #: i_353784Bottle Size: 750mlThis is an incredible Sancerre, barrel fermented, giving it a gentle creaminess that is balanced with fresh, bright stones fruits. Nuance is a powerful old-vine Sauvignon Blanc. Hints of flint, stone fruits, herbs de Provence, and a gorgeous, delicate jolt of fresh lemon in the finish. A serious Sancerre from one of the leading producers who follow exceptional farming practices on the top parcels in the region. A must-try for Sancerre lovers everywhere.
- Item #: i_351303Bottle Size: 750mlSustainable with no chemical treatments or pesticides. From 2018 in conversion to Bio-dynamic.
“Top notch Sancerres from a leading family domaine. Every bottling is recommended.” Jacqueline Friedrich, The Wines of France.