- Item #: i_345448Bottle Size: 750MLBIODYNAMIC
Fermentation and aging is identical to the Fortune and Digoine except the wine stays in tank for 14-17 days during fermentation In general, this style of fermentation depends exclusively on the quality of the grapes that enters the cellar. The balance and vibrancy in these wines comes from the quality of the grapes, the level of maturity, their cleanliness, and the quality of the skin. If everything is in balance, the wines will express their village of origin to reveal their native terroir.
- Item #: i_322611Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "The 2017 Bourgogne Côte Chalonnaise La Digoine opens in the glass with a reserved bouquet of smoky blackberries, raspberries and bay leaf, followed by a medium to full-bodied, fleshy and supple palate that's open and charming, concluding with a spice-inflected finish."
Winemaker's Notes "La Digoine is a site at the foot of a slope, known for centuries to provide the deep soil and growing conditions necessary for excellent red wine. Our vineyard here is planted in moderate-yield Pinot Noir. La Digoine can be drunk very young. Within two or three months of bottling, it demonstrates immediate appeal with red berry fruit and a balance of roundness, structure, and lenght on the palate.
However, this is another versatil wine which benefits from bottle aging. After 18 to 24 months, slow maturation and evolution begin to make their mark, and La Digoine will improve over the next ten year, revealing the deep, complex aromas worthy of a great burgundy. Depending on cellar conditions, we recommanded twelve to fifteen years of aging.
Serving temperature for a young La Digoine should be around 60°F, and around 64°F for an older one. It goes well with red meat and any of a variety of cheeses, though soft cheeses like Camembert, Brie, and Vacherin should be avoided."
- Item #: i_353801Bottle Size: 750mlAnne Gros simply is one of the top winemakers in Burgundy today, which explains why her wines have inspired such a cult-like following. Importantly for us, Gros personifies the sort of winemaker with whom we have always sought to work: an artisan with a clear vision of her terroir and talents, and the grace to be humble despite the weight of Burgundian tradition and family history.
- Item #: i_350552Bottle Size: 750mlSubtle, harmonious - Burgundy from Domaine Anne Gros is intimately tied with the elegant and poised character of wines from Vosne-Romanée.
While each cru faithfully reflects its terroir, it is terroir as translated through Gros’ expert touch, offering richer aromatics, rounder curves, silkier tannins. The combination is irresistible, so much so that Gros’ very limited production is snapped up by global collectors faster and faster each vintage.
Anne Gros simply is one of the top winemakers in Burgundy today, which explains why her wines have inspired such a cult-like following. Importantly for us, Gros personifies the sort of winemaker with whom we have always sought to work: an artisan with a clear vision of her terroir and talents, and the grace to be humble despite the weight of Burgundian tradition and family history.
Anne Gros cares for her vineyards according to “lutte raisonée” principles, adhering to organic practices as much as possible depending on the conditions of the growing year. Grapes are always harvested by hand. Juice is fermented on indigenous yeasts in lined (enameled) cement tanks for the reds, and in stainless steel tanks for the whites. Wines are aged in barrel for approximately 16 months, with 80 percent new oak for grand cru wines, 50 percent for village wines and 30 percent for regional wines.
- Item #: i_351169Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Vinous Media: 93-95JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "A blend of 75% Grenache and 25% Mourvèdre, the 2018 Châteauneuf Du Pape Les Safres makes the most of this vintage and sports incredible elegance and finesse while still packing solid depth of fruit and concentration. Beautiful notes of kirsch, licorice, toasted spices, and flowery incense all flow to a medium to full-bodied 2018 that has polished tannins and a great finish. The balance, purity, and finesse here are top notch."
VINOUS 93-95 POINTS - "Deep bright-hued red. Sexy, spice-accented aromas of ripe red berries and potpourri are lent vivacity by a smoky mineral element. Sweet, palate-coating raspberry, cherry preserve, spicecake and floral pastille flavors show a suave blend of depth and energy. Displays fine delineation and finishes with superb clarity and emphatic, red-fruit-driven persistence. Raised for 17 months in large oak foudres."
- Item #: i_352242Bottle Size: 750mlLa Roquète sits on prime real estate at the foot of the Piélong plateau, north of the village of Châteauneuf-du-Pape and adjacent to the western end of the famous Le Rayas vineyard. Galets roulés scatter the vineyard floor, but the primarily sandy soils impart great finesse to the wine. The Bruniers recommend drinking the white young for its freshness and elegance, but it can also evolve for several years if so desired.
- Item #: i_352778Bottle Size: 750mlClos Saint Jean Chateauneuf du Pape Blanc is produced from equal parts Grenache Blanc, Roussanne and Clairette. The wine is aged in a combination of new, French oak barrels and vats. The production is quite small with than less than 350 cases made per year.
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - " Review: "The whites here continue to improve. The 2018 Châteauneuf Du Pape Blanc offers a rocking bouquet of key lime pie, tangerine, and ripe peach that gives way to a powerful, opulent, medium to full-bodied white that has tons of flesh and texture, beautiful balance, and a great finish. This is a white for the dinner table."
- Item #: i_345346Bottle Size: 750MLGuillaume D'Angerville became obsessed with the Jura after a sommelier in Paris poured him a glass of Tissot Chardonnay blind and he was very impressed, believing that it was a Burgundy. This sent him off on a five year search to find a choice location in the Jura. He consulted with a well-known geologist to find ideal vineyards. In the end, he and Francois Duvivier purchased two domaines, one with well tended vines and another where the vineyards were in need of some rehabilitation. At Chateau Chavanes in Montigny-les-Arsures, they created a state of the art winery surrounded by 5 hectares of biodynamically farmed vines that had been impeccably replanted 10 years prior by former owner Francois de Chavanes. The domaine is supported by an additional 5 hectares of chemically-free vines formerly farmed by Jean-Marc Brignot at a site of high-quality geology and exposure. He named it Domaine du Pélican, a reference to the pelican on the crest of the city of Arbois. All of Pélican's wines are currently made in a topped up, non-oxidative style.
- Item #: i_353657Bottle Size: 750mlOf the 8 hectares of old vines that Marie and François Giraud farm in Galimardes, a rocky and red clay soil on the road between the villages Châteauneuf-du-Pape and Sorgues, 1 hectare are white varieties - roughly equal parts Grenache Blanc, Clairette, Roussanne and Bourboulenc. Each variety is harvested exactly when it is ripe and is gently pressed into tank except the Roussanne which is fermented in French oak demi-muids. After 6 months of aging Marie assembles the final blend. Due to the age of the vines the exact blend changes from vintage to vintage as does the quantity of wine bottled." -Importer Note
- Item #: i_351745Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "The 2018 Vouvray Le Mont Moelleux is clear, deep, pure and flinty on the intense but fine and coolish-mineral nose. Very distinctive! Lush and intense but also pure, vital and tensioned on the palate, this elegant and seductive Le Mont offers a straightforward drive and a highly complex and energetic finish with grip and great mineral tension. A gorgeous, crystalline, persistently salty and tightly woven Chenin with great complexity and energy. Very attractive already today!"
- Item #: i_344272Bottle Size: 750MLComplex nose of tropical fruit and brioche. Mouth combining vivacity and smoothness with notes of citrus, tropical fruit and flowers with a very mineral finish. Pair with truffle brouillade, grilled fish with sauce, fish tagine, oysters au gratin, lobster, capon with cream and vin jaune, carpaccio of marinated fish.
Blend: 40% Clairette, 25% Grenache Blanc, 35% Roussanne
- Item #: i_353676Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS: "The 2018 Vouvray Clos du Bourg Moelleux is ripe and already quite open on the remarkably fine and precise nose where delicate chalky notes intermix with yeasty aromas of ripe apples and even very fine flinty hints. On the palate, this is a sweet, lush, salty-piquant and refined but tightly woven Chenin with structure, remarkable finesse, tickling salinity and serious but fine tannins, as if it was a Pinot Noir. Filigreed and feminine on the tongue, the 2018 develops a long, tensioned, tightly woven and stimulatingly salty finish. Great class and aging potential."
- Item #: i_353460Bottle Size: 750mlDecanter: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Jean-Claude Bessin only makes 5,000 bottles of this old vine cuvée from a lieu-dit within the larger Fourchaume Premier Cru. Combining stainless steel and oaked components, it's rich, concentrated and appealingly honeyed, with subtle wood spices, a thread of minerality and a pure, focused, enticingly balance finish. These are never wines that have to try too hard."
- Item #: i_304505Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94ORGANIC
WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2018 Morgon Côte du Py is showing very nicely, offering up a classy bouquet of raspberries and plums, mingled with hints of orange rind, violet and cardamom. Medium to full-bodied, deep and complete, with a fleshy but elegantly understated core and an expansive finish. Impressively integrated—indeed, it was only after spending half an hour with the bottle that I noticed that it's labeled at 14.5% alcohol—with powdery tannins and succulent balancing acids, it's another fine rendition of this iconic cuvée."
- Item #: i_351029Bottle Size: 750mlJean and three other local vignerons, Marcel Lapierre, Jean-Paul Thévenet, and Guy Breton, soon joined in on the movement. This estate comprises nearly fourteen hectares. Foillard’s Morgons are deep, structured, and complex, with a velvety lushness that makes them irresistible when young despite their aging potential.
- Item #: i_346005Bottle Size: 750MLJASPER MORRIS-INSIDE BURGUNDY 91 POINTS - "100 year old vines on the Côte du Py for 80%, and 20% from Douby. It will have had 9 months in barrel though without new wood. Bright lively purple with notably more depth. Fresh and fine with more tannins than the other cuvées, though the wood stays completely in the background as far as flavour profile is concerned." (10/2019) This special Cuvée, produced only in the best years, is made from his 100-year old vines, mostly on the Cote de Py. With its waxed capsule and its longer cork, it is clear that Marcel thinks this is something special. And after tasting it, so do we! This has a tremendous sense of place and a texture that is so rich that is more reminiscence of Chambolle than Beaujolais. There are not many Cru Beaujolais that seem to be of true Cote d'Or quality, but this is one! Unmistakably Gamay and Morgon, but what weight and texture. Neal Martin writes: "These wines come highly recommended whether the idea of biodynamics turns you on or not - they are just great wines that are a joy to drink."
- Item #: i_350401Bottle Size: 750mlPierre Gonon farmed some of Mauve’s best slopes in the heart (some say the birthplace) of the St-Joseph appellation. In 1989, he turned direction of the property over to his sons, Jean and Pierre. This friendly, talented team of brothers has since earned a reputation as the domaine of St-Joseph.
The Gonon brothers farm and ferment in the old-school style. They work their nine hectares of land without any chemical fertilizers, herbicides, or pesticides, using all-natural composts.
VINE AGE AVERAGE 100 YEARS