- Item #: i_376412Bottle Size: 750mlThe Champagne Naturellement by Cazé-Thibaut is the result of biodynamically farmed, 100% Meunier grapes harvested in Châtillon-sur-Marne, a village located in Vallée de la Marne. Vinification occurs for 50% in fût de chêne and 50% in steel tanks for this rare Champagne Blanc de Meunier - particularly vertical, where acidity, minerality and fine perlage invite champagne lovers to sip it.
- Item #: i_351680Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The estate’s top wine is the 2016 Lirac Secret de la Grange, a 90-10 blend of Grenache and Syrah that never sees oak. This full-bodied blend is fabulously concentrated and lush, with ripe fruit flavors of raspberries and stone fruits, an intriguing hint of almond paste and a rich, long finish tinged with licorice. It should drink well for up to a decade."
- Item #: i_345226Bottle Size: 750MLDecanter: 92DECANTER 92 POINTS - "The late Anne-Claude Leflaive bought this struggling biodynamic domaine in 2008. From 2ha of old vines, Grolleau – normally used in bland rosés – is taken to another level: bright acidity lifts crunchy pomegranate fruit, with spice and texture from 18 months in old Leflaive barrels."
- Item #: i_300049Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "This shows cassis, cedar and black pepper notes, fueled by vibrant acidity and imparting lovely freshness. A very elegant red, with lots of character, this is well-crafted and harmonious. The finish shows a bit of a grip. Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc. Best from 2020 through 2026. 500 cases made, 75 cases imported."
- Item #: i_351942Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 95JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "The same Grenache-dominated blend as the base cuvée, the 2016 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Vieilles Vignes comes from older vines and is released solely for the US market. It's a step up and is reminiscent of the 2010 with its depth, concentration, and purity. Black cherries, kirsch, licorice, and crushed rock notes all emerge from this ultra-fine, beautifully polished 2016 that does everything right. Don't miss it."
ROBERT PARKER 94 POINTS - "The assemblage for the 2016 Chateauneuf du Pape Vieilles Vignes is the same as for the "regular" Châteauneuf-du-Pape, at 75% Grenache, 15% Syrah and the rest a blend of Cinsault, Mourvèdre and Vaccarèse. The difference is that the Grenache in this wine was planted in 1905. And what a difference that makes. This is dark, plummy and rich but still vibrant and fresh. Full-bodied, velvety and intense, it boasts a super finish, again loaded with intriguing notes of licorice and spice. At around $50 (I've seen it online for as little as $40 to $45), this is a superb value in the overall scheme of CdP."
- Item #: i_322198Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94-96ROBERT PARKER 91-93 POINTS: "Sourced from 60-year-old vines and aged in 15% to 20% new oak, the 2016 Saint Joseph l'Olivaie offers a concentrated mouthful of black olive and cherry fruit, a velvety texture and a long, cool finish. This medium to full-bodied wine should drink well on release and for up to decade. Young Jerôme Coursodon now farms 16 hectares in Saint Joseph, centered around Mauves, just outside Tournon. He considers the 2016s more approachable than the dense 2015s."
JEB DUNNUCK 91-93 POINTS: "Leading off the 2016s from barrel, the 2016 Saint Joseph L'Olivaie comes from the lieu-dit of the same name and vines averaging 60 years in age. It’s a ripe, concentrated beauty that's loaded with notions of black raspberries, scorched earth, spice and pepper. With medium to full-bodied richness, ripe, present tannin and a great finish, it's going to be a great value. I continue to love the wines from the young Jerome Coursodon, who pulls from roughly 16 hectares of vines all in the southern part of Saint Joseph, mostly just outside the village of Mauves. The 2015s are monster, blockbuster styled efforts that I suspect won’t appeal to the traditionalists out there, but are singular wines. The 2016s are more elegant and finesse-driven, yet still pack in more sweet fruit than just about everyone else out there."
- Item #: i_350882Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 97JEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "From a cooler terroir of sandy soils just beside the domaine, the 2016 Gigondas Le Lieu Dit is another tour de force from this brilliant estate. It sports a medium ruby color as well as a rocking bouquet of kirsch, blackberry liqueur, rose petals, damp earth, incense, and spice. Ultra-fine, seamless, elegant, and pure, it's nevertheless powerful and rich, with awesome intensity. Readers need to snatch up this blockbuster."
- Item #: i_350007Bottle Size: 750mlNicolas represents the fifth generation of his family in Volnay. The viticulture of the domaine is inspired by biodynamics, but Nico is pragmatic, and although no weedkillers are used and the vineyards are maintained by ploughing, he says that there are both good and bad things in biodynamics, and he will use conventional fungicides to combat disease. Nicolas makes deeply-coloured, flavourful wines. Purple bright and with defined juicy fruit and very good body. Just racked, so hard to taste, but looks excellent
- Item #: i_344013Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93James Suckling: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 95JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS: "A blend of 74% Merlot, 18% Cabernet Franc, and the balance Cabernet Sauvignon, the 2016 Château Fleur Cardinale spent 14 months in new French oak. Deep ruby/purple-colored, with a stunning nose of smoked black fruits, classy oak, violets, and camphor, this beauty hits the palate with full-bodied richness, beautiful purity, ripe, present, polished tannins, and a great finish. It's a beautiful wine from this tip-top estate that has the class to keep for two decades or more.
JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS: "Quite earthy and savory on the nose, the fruit only emerging slowly. However, on the palate, this has a very attractive fleshy quality and a moderately dry, long finish of some real sophistication. Easy to drink now, but will hold. A blend of 74 per cent merlot, 18 per cent cabernet franc and eight per cent cabernet sauvignon."
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS: "The 2016 Fleur Cardinale is medium to deep garnet-purple colored and bursts from the glass with crushed blackberries, mulberries and chocolate-covered cherries with hints of spice cake, dried herbs and fragrant soil. The palate is medium to full-bodied and wonderfully elegant with soft, rounded tannins and a great backbone of freshness, finishing perfumed."
- Item #: i_352750Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Givry 1er Cru Crausot is a more gourmand expression of Givry, wafting from the glass with notions of ripe red fruits, fruit compote and licorice. On the palate, it's medium-bodied, velvety and ample, its fine tannins cloaked in juicy fruit. It will be hard to resist in its youth."
- Item #: i_351595Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "A bright, fresh, mineral-driven style, with mouthwatering white pepper and rose petal notes gilding a core of damson plum and blood orange flavors. The long, sleek finish is mouthwatering. Drink now through 2030."
- Item #: i_334109Bottle Size: 750MLThe Gouges family has been vineyard proprietors in Nuits for generations and proprietors of the current domaine since 1919. Domaine Henri Gouges Bourgogne Rouge has a great color and a lovely Pinot nose. Very fresh and earthy on the palate, supple with roasted nut elements.
Allen Meadows - Burghound - "A fresh, cool and distinctly earthy array of red and dark currant precedes punch and sleek middle weight flavors that offer fine length. This is less rustic than it usually is and it's worth considering."
- Item #: i_305208Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 93JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "The 2016 Dame de Montrose is also gorgeous, and the second wines of Bordeaux continue to gain in quality. A blend of 52% Merlot, 35% Cabernet Sauvignon, and the rest Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot, aged in 30% new oak, this beauty has impressive amounts of creme de cassis, graphite, violets, and damp earth that give way to a medium to full-bodied, layered, pure, and seamless beauty that has real class. It’s well worth seeking out and will hopefully help you to keep your hands off the grand vin for at least a few years."
JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "Extremely perfumed and beautiful with bright, violet and plum aromas. Full to medium body, very fine and firm tannins and transparent fruit. Linear and refined with a very long finish. Second wine of Château Montrose."
- Item #: i_353898Bottle Size: 750mlWhen you meet Sebastien Gay, you are instantly charmed. Sebastien is forever breaking into an infectious smile. His cheeks light up and then you realize the smile stems from his embarrassment at receiving all the well-deserved praise being heaped upon him. Sebastien has ample reason for grin from ear to ear. The wines embody his humble demeanor, drawing you in and capturing your attention with their unsullied, vibrant character. Sourced from four different vineyards in the appellation, Les Crapousuets, Les Caillettes, Boulmeau, and Les Boutieres. The vines average more than 60 years in age and result in wines with great character and expression.
- Item #: i_352330Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "A new Savagnin bottling, the very young 2017 L'Etoile Savagnin Ouillé Les Budes fermented and aged in 500-liter topped-up barrels, a style that has never been produced at Montbourgeau before. This wine was produced by the son of Nicole Deriaux when he joined the family domaine. It's subtle, mineral and elegant, focused and clean, with floral notes and a soft, round palate. The acidity is neatly integrated into the wine, and it reminds me of some of the wines from Ganevat, with energy and concentration but apparently light on its feet. This is a superb effort for a style they have never produced before."