- Item #: i_345130Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 92-95BURGHOUND 92 - 95 POINTS - " This is also brooding to the point of being almost inexpressive and it is only with aggressive swirling that reluctant aromas of pungent earth, spice, floral, dark currant and mocha notes emerge. This is a seriously powerful and concentrated Maz with its muscular big-bodied flavors that also possess a hugely long finish on the almost painfully intense finale. This is terrific and should amply reward longer-term cellaring and note too that it's going to need it as this is very structured though not hard or tough."
- Item #: i_344311Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93eROBERT PARKER 93 POINTS: "The 2013 Charmes-Chambertin Très Vieilles Vignes has a broody, surprisingly introspective bouquet with raspberry coulis, blackcurrant and sous-bois notes, although to be frank it does not put any gap between itself and the 2013 Gevrey Fontenys. The palate is medium-bodied with fine definition, not quite as sensual as other Charmes-Chambertins that I have tasted, just a prickle of white pepper towards the finish, but it declines offering that knockout punch on the finish. And as such, pound for pound I prefer the Fontenys this year that seems to possess the same level of complexity."
- Item #: i_344313Bottle Size: 750MLeROBERT PARKER 91-93 POINTS: "The 2013 Griotte-Chambertin Grand Cru, whose vines lie next to Jean-Marie Fourrier, was showing a little reduction at the beginning, but with aeration it begins to gain more clarity. The palate is medium-bodied with grainy tannins, black fruit mixed with cola and five-spice, a crisp line of acidity and a long candied finish. A sumptuous Griotte-Chambertin that will need several years to reach its plateau."
- Item #: i_334074Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94-96Burghound: 92-95BURGHOUND 92-95 POINTS "DON'T MISS": "Once again this was not vinified by Jadot. This too is remarkably broad-ranging with its relatively expressive nose of cool red and dark fruit, spice, earth, game, underbrush, floral and exotic tea scented aromas. There is an almost pungent minerality to the overtly powerful and intense big-bodied flavors that exude a controlled power on the imposingly long finish where an interesting hint of tobacco appears. This is impressive though again note well that this will require all of 15 years to arrive at its peak and 18 to 20 would not surprise me."
eROBERT PARKER 94-96 POINTS: "The 2013 Chambertin Grand Cru has a sense of length and breadth on the nose: delve in to find red and yellow plum, wild strawberry, heather, forest floor and sage aromas that are well defined. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannins, moderate weight in the mouth, but it is more a sense of focus and symmetry that really lifts this Chambertin. Fresh and vibrant with the mineral component becoming accentuated towards the linear finish, this is a Chambertin that will require several years in bottle."
- Item #: i_321252Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92-94Burghound: 92-94BURGHOUND 92-94 POINTS: "Here the nose is quite similar to that of the Ech though there is a bit more overall complexity. In the same vein there is a bit more size, weight, richness and muscle to the dusty and mouth coating flavors that also possess a firmer tannic spine that is well-buffered by the profusion of sap, all wrapped in a dense, powerful and impressively long finish. This is definitely going to need plenty of time in bottle to reach its full apogee."
eROBERT PARKER 92-94 POINTS: "The 2013 Grands Echezeaux Grand Cru has more fruit intensity on the nose than its little brother, although not quite the same endearing delineation. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannin, good depth, a touch of dried blood infusing the red berry fruit with commendable precision on the long finish. Everything seems to be held back at the moment, so give it several years in bottle."
- Item #: i_334075Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 89-90Burghound: 91-93BURGHOUND 91-93 POINTS: "Here too Barnier noted that this was not vinified by Jadot. There is plenty of oak and menthol character on the nose that presently all but renders the spicy red currant aromas invisible. As one would reasonably expect the middle weight and lightly mineral-inflected flavors possess a more refined mouth feel as well as deliver better depth and length on the firm but not hard or even particularly austere finale. Patience will be required though."
eROBERT PARKER 89-90 POINTS: "The 2013 Griotte-Chambertin Grand Cru has a more leathery, mushroom-scented bouquet - plenty of undergrowth - but not the same delineation or complexity as the Mazis-Chambertin '13 at the moment. The palate is medium-bodied and shows more freshness and class than the aromatics, with orange sorbet and Chinese 5-spice towards the elegant finish. It is just the aromatics that let the side down."
- Item #: i_345289Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 88-90Burghound: 89-92BURGHOUND 89-92 POINTS: "Plentiful wood and menthol scents serves as a less than subtle backdrop for the ripe and very fresh red and dark currant, sauvage and strong earth aromas. There is excellent richness to the full-bodied and overtly muscular flavors that possess fine power on the firm and palate coating finish. The somewhat rustic tannins are buffered by the abundant dry extract and the overall impression of this bold effort is one of a classic, indeed even old school, Vaucrains."