- Item #: i_354213Bottle Size: 750mlFloral, bright red fruits from nose to finish distinguish this exceptional under $40 Cote de Beaune Bed Burgundy. The ripe 2015 vintage in Burgundy greatly benefits regions like Auxey-Duresses (which is above Meursault, up against the hill), which can struggle to ripen Pinot Noir perfectly. Medium body, a fine intensity and wonderfully aromatic, this slender but not gaunt beauty is very good now.
- Item #: i_345737Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 96eROBERT PARKER 96 POINTS: "Only produced in top vintages (this is the first since 2012), the 2015 Cornas Vieilles Fontaines comes from 80-year-old vines within the La Fontaine lieu-dit. It's a tough wine to evaluate at this stage, as it's quite closed and reticent on the nose, showing some crushed-stone notes and typical granite-based austerity, but on the palate it shows great purity of fruit and vigor. It's full-bodied but tight-laced, focused on driving through the long finish like a thoroughbred down the stretch. Give it at least 5 years in the cellar"
- Item #: i_353231Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97Wine Spectator: 96James Suckling: 99JAMES SUCKLING 99 POINTS - "A great wine with superb concentration and richness. yet it's ever so agile and polished. Spices, blueberries, cinnamon and dried flowers. Full body and polished and full tannins. Great length. The refinement to the tannins is amazing. Compacted. Essence-like. Needs five or six years to open. Try in 2025"
WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "A blend of 62% Merlot and 38% Cabernet Franc, the 2015 Angelus reveals a deep garnet-purple color and fragrant aromas of crushed red currants, warm plums and pencil shavings with hints of incense, sage, violets and tobacco. Full-bodied, very fine and intense yet exquisitely delicate with wonderful freshness, it has ripe yet firm, very finely grained tannins and an epically long, perfumed finish. With bags of perfume and a captivating plushness, this Angelus is a real head-turner!"
- Item #: i_354252Bottle Size: 750mlDECANTER 92 POINTS - "2015 was an exceptional vintage in this part of the world, making many second wines a shrewd value purchase. Luckily this doesn't disappoint, although I cannot recommend highly enough that you go for the 2010 at this point, as the 2015 is still extremely young and tight. You can feel a touch of heat on the finish from the alcohol, which is indiscernible in the grand vin, but you can entirely forgive it given its finesse combined with a swirl of cinnamon and a lick of fun."
- Item #: i_399920Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 95#55 ON WINE SPECTATOR TOP 100 WINES OF 2018
WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "This brims with ripe, juicy plum, blackberry and açaí berry flavors, studded with licorice and fruitcake notes and backed by a nicely integrated apple wood detail through the finish. Pumps a lot of fruit out but does so energetically. Best from 2020 through 2035."
- Item #: i_354225Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 99Jeb Dunnuck: 98JAMES SUCKLING 99 POINTS - "Amazing dark-berry and black-cherry aromas with hints of black truffles and oyster shell. Full-bodied, super layered and rich with amazing density and texture. Like the richest velvet. Last for minutes. Drink in 2024."
JEB DUNNUCK 98 POINTS - "The 2015 Bellevue Mondotte showed spectacularly well from barrel and is now even better from bottle. One of the most impressive, sexy, opulent wines in the vintage, it boasts a saturated purple color as well as heavenly notes of crème de cassis, blackcurrants, smoked earth and chocolate. The quintessential Saint Emilion, with almost overflow fruit, full body, and a powerful, concentrated style, give bottles a handful of years in the cellar and drink it over the following 2-3 decades."
- Item #: i_374880Bottle Size: 750MLANTONIO GALONI 93 POINTS-"The 2015 Les Couarres (Pinot Noir), is ample, creamy and wonderfully expressive. The natural breadth of Pinot comes through beautifully. Vinification in oak brings out striking vinous intensity in the red plum, spice, leather and crushed flower flavors. Although the 2015 has plenty of depth to age, it is incredibly appealing now. Dosage is 6 grams per liter. Disgorged: June, 2020."
The vineyards of Merfy, seven kilometers north of Reims, lie on the southern slopes of the Massif de Saint-Thierry in the Montagne de Reims. These slopes were planted shortly after the arrival of the Romans and monks of the neighboring Abbey of Saint-Thierry expanded the vineyards in the 7th century. Today, Chartogne-Taillet remains the only grower-producer in the village and under Alexandre Chartogne’s guidance, the wines of Chartogne-Taillet are some of the most sought-after Champagnes being produced. Lovers of grower champagne are familiar with Chartogne-Taillet’s Les Barres, the single parcel, un-grafted Meunier wine, released first in the 2006 vintage. This was the first wine that Alexandre produced after returning home to his family domaine, from working with Anselme Selosse, his mentor.
- Item #: i_354016Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 100Vinous Media: 100James Suckling: 100JAMES SUCKLING 100 POINTS - "Seductive. The nose draws you in deep: It’s like staring into a well of pristine dark cherries, dark plums, blackberries and mulberries. All the oak is perfectly subsumed. The palate’s flawless with immense depth and power and it’s so balanced as to appear to float. Immaculate fresh dark-berry and plum flavors. Silky and deep, ribbon-like finish. Perfect. Best from 2022. *2018 Wine of the Year*"
WINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "The 2015 Canon was a benchmark wine that seemed to revitalize this historic estate. I was crossing my fingers that it would not disappoint in bottle and I am glad to say that it delivers the goods. It has a very intense bouquet (just as it showed out of barrel) with laser-like precision offering wild strawberry, raspberry preserve, wet limestone and hints of truffle. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannin, clean and fresh with pure black and red fruit whose every atom appears infused with minerals. The mouth is tingling long after the wine has exited and your brain is thinking...when is the next sip coming? It is frankly heads and shoulders above almost every Saint Émilion this vintage, to reaffirm, a benchmark for this historic estate that will give pleasure to many over the coming years. Astonishing."
VINOUS 100 POINTS - "From the very beginning, the 2015 Canon has made an eloquent case for itself as one of the wines of the vintage. Multiple tastings from bottle only confirm what several early tastings hinted at: the 2015 Canon is simply extraordinary in every way. Sumptuous and exotic, with no hard edges and exceptional balance, the 2015 grabs hold of all the senses and never lets up. A rush of red fruit intermingled with floral notes, spice and smoke notes effortlessly runs up the wine's vertical structure as the 2015 thrills with every twist and turn. The 2015 Canon is a rare wine that is both hedonistic and intellectual - well, maybe it is a bit more hedonistic-leaning. It doesn't matter. Don't miss it. This 2015 is masterpiece from General Manager Nicolas Auderbert and his team at Canon."
- Item #: i_353003Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Advocate: 93-95Wine Spectator: 96Vinous Media: 95-97James Suckling: 96-97#2 ON WINE SPECTATOR TOP 100 WINES OF 2018
WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS - "Still youthfully tight and backward, with a well-roasted frame of alder and juniper holding sway for now, but the core of cassis, blackberry and plum fruit waits in reserve, showing prodigious depth. When the toast and fruit melds, the backdrop of tobacco, singed iron and chalky minerality will get a turn to show. There's a lot here. Built for the cellar. Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon. Best from 2025 through 2040."
ROBERTPARKER 93-95 POINTS - "The 2015 Canon la Gaffeliere is a blend of 55% Merlot, 38% Cabernet Franc and 7% Cabernet Sauvignon picked between 19 September and 6 October at 37 hl/ha and matured in 55% new oak barrels. It has another "cool" bouquet, a common thread among Comte Stephan Von Neipperg's 2015s - very restrained at first, nicely focused and gradually revealing undergrowth and even a subtle charcoal scent (probably from the Cabernet Sauvignon). The palate is medium-bodied with black fruit laced with graphite and cedar, the Cabernet brothers really defining the character of this Saint Emilion and edging it towards say, more Figeac in style. This is a fascinating 2015, more cerebral than previous vintages that I have tasted over the years."
VINOUSMEDIA 95-97 POINTS - "The 2015 Canon La Gaffelière is seriously impressive. Like all of Stephan von Neipperg's wines in this vintage, the Canon La Gaffelière is endowed with considerable richness and a sense of vertical structure. The significant presence of Cabernet Franc gives the wine striking aromatic lift, which it very much needs. Mocha, red cherry jam and sweet floral notes give the 2015 its soaring perfume. This exceptionally beautiful Saint-Émilion is going to need time to fully come together, but it is super-impressive, even in the early going. The 2015 has been nothing short of magnificent on the two occasions I have tasted it so far. The presence of Cabernet Franc is felt in the wine's strong aromatic signature." -- Antonio Galloni
JAMES SUCKLING 96-97 POINTS - "Very tight yet shows wonderful cream and lemon rind texture. Full and powerful with walnut and spice character. Linear and focused. 55% merlot, 37% cabernet franc and 8% cabernet sauvignon."
- Item #: i_345581Bottle Size: 750MLJames Suckling: 92Wine Enthusiast: 94 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 94 POINTS - " This is full of intensely ripe fruit, but seductively balanced with the fresh acidity. The wine is solid, but also lively, with dusty tannins layered with some new wood flavors."
- Item #: i_346028Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92-94Vinous Media: 92-95James Suckling: 97-98ROBERTPARKER.COM 92-94 POINTS: "The 2015 Cos d'Estournel is a blend of 75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 23.5% Merlot and 1.5% Cabernet Franc that was picked between 17 September and 5 October at 44 hl/ha. It is being matured in 65% new oak, less than in recent years due to the tannin (IPT is 71). Deeper in color than the 2015 Pagodes, it has a very pure bouquet with tightly knitted blackberry, blueberry and violet scents, perhaps just a little Margaux-like in style. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannin, well-judged acidity and harmonious in the mouth. What it does not quite deliver is the complexity of a top-tier Cos d'Estournel or the peacock's tail of flavors on the finish, which feels linear and conservative compared to its peers in more southerly appellations. You feel as if the vintage put a tight leash on this Saint Estèphe grandee. There is pedigree in this Grand Vin for sure and it is bound to give up to 20 years of pleasure."
VINOUSMEDIA 92-95 POINTS: A wine of cool sophistication and polish, the 2015 Cos d'Estournel is endowed with striking length and overall balance. Silky tannins support a core of graphite, smoke, licorice, incense, tar and dark spice. The 2015 is perhaps not as aromatically nuanced or expressive as in the very best years (although that may develop in time), but it offers terrific persistence through to the finish. Finesse and nuance are the key signatures in the 2015 Cos. Only 39% of the crop went into the Grand Vin, as opposed to the more typical 50% or so." -- Antonio Galloni
JAMES SUCKLING 97-98 POINTS: "This shows what great selection did in the northern Mêdoc. Big surprise. Really excellent. Full body, chewy and rich tannins and loads of ripe fruit. Black currants, blueberries. It has hot and ripe tannins yet cool fruit."
- Item #: i_354137Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 91JAMES SUCKLING 91 POINTS - "A red with pretty berry, chocolate and hazelnut character. Medium body, tight and dense fruit and polished and nicely chewy tannins. A minerally undertone. Drink or hold."
- Item #: i_351078Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Vinous Media: 92James Suckling: 94"Bernard Magrez is one of Bordeaux's most significant players in terms of high-quality wine" - Robert Parker
"A vivid and bright red...silky tannins and a flavorful finish" - James Suckling
"Medium to full-bodied with loads of expressive fruit" - Wine Advocate
We are excited to offer another fantastic vintage from Chateau Fombrauge, one of the greatest values from Saint Emilion. A few weeks ago, we emailed the 2016 and it sold like hot cakes. Chateau Fombrauge has become one of our best-selling wines from the right bank in Bordeaux and it's easy to understand why. It's hard not to like this rich, full-bodied wine filled with lushly textured dark fruits and a touch of toasty cocoa.
As before, critic James Suckling gave this wine a score of 94 Points and twice mentioned its fine-grained tannins, calling them silky and plush. In comparing the two vintages, the 2015 is similar to the 2016, but has perhaps a bit more richness of fruit and immediacy. To be sure, this smooth and flavorful wine delivers pleasure in a glass.
Fombrauge is the flagship St.-Emilion estate of Bernard Magrez. This historic property harvested its first grapes in 1599 and has long been known as having terroir perfect for winemaking. Bernard Magrez purchased the property in 1999 and has only enhanced the legacy of this Grand Cru property by investing in the vineyards and cellar.
One of the secrets to the success of this estate is the winemaker's ability to source grapes from many parcels on the property. This art of blending creates a whole which is greater than the sum of its parts. By taking advantage of the diversity of soils and the vineyard's wide range of exposures, the wine is able to display its full potential and complexity.
The result is a sublime wine and a textbook example of the quality which can be found in Grand Cru Classe from St. Emilion. If you are a fan of full-bodied Bordeaux bursting with plentiful fruit and a long finish, this is for you.
This is an excellent value on a delicious, ready to drink wine at the lowest price in the nation!
JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "A vivid and bright red with plum and spice plus hints of cedar and sandalwood. Medium to full body, silky tannins and a flavorful finish. The plush tannins to this give it weight and opulence. Needs a year or two to soften."
WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS- "Medium to deep garnet-purple in color, the 2015 Fombrauge offers up aromas of baked berries, dried mulberries and preserved plums with touches of Indian spices and game. Medium to full-bodied with loads of expressive fruit, it has firm, grainy tannins and finishes with a lively lift."
VINOUS 92 POINTS - "The 2015 Fombrauge is very pretty. Succulent red cherry, mint and rose petal give the wine an attractive upper register and a good deal of freshness to balance the overt fruit. Powerful and rich, the 2015 has quite a bit to offer. Raspberry jam, mocha, espresso, rose petal and spice add the closing shades of nuance. Readers should expect a fairly bold style - as is the case with all of Bernard Magrez's wines - but Fombrauge is not quite as opulent as Magrez-Fombrauge."
- Item #: i_354053Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS 94 POINTS - "Even better from bottle than it was from barrel, the 2015 Fonplégade is absolutely gorgeous. Rich and sumptuous, but superbly refined, the 2015 exudes class. The dark cherry, plum, espresso, rose petal and blood orange notes open up effortlessly. Time in the glass brings out the wine's underlying brightness, tension and energy. Everything about the 2015 speaks to balance. This is a superb showing from proprietors Stephen and Denise Adams and their team, which includes both Stéphane Derenoncourt and Michel Rolland."
- Item #: i_350835Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS: "Wonderfully ripe, with a well-focused beam of raspberry coulis, currant preserve and cherry paste flavors coursing atop a refined chalky spine. Light anise, violet and black tea notes weave in and out on the long finish. Lovely cut."
- Item #: i_353348Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 92JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "A soft and juicy wine with plums, chocolate and some violets. Medium to full body and a round and caressing tannin texture. Flavorful finish. Drink in 2020 but already gorgeous."
- Item #: i_353665Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 92 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 92 POINTS - "This wine's black currant aromas shine. It's still young and structured, its firm tannins at the fore. But those black currant flavors are crisp and fruity, highlighting its fine balance, as all the elements fall into place. Drink from 2020."
- Item #: i_346042Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 98+Wine Spectator: 97James Suckling: 98Wine Enthusiast: 99 PointsJeb Dunnuck: 99 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 99 POINTS: "This wine that comes mainly from a magnificent walled vineyard within sight of the Gironde estuary is structured and dense. Its tannins and firm character show its enormous aging potential. Powerful black fruits come from the 85% Cabernet Sauvignon in this rich, juicy wine. Cellar Selection."
JEB DUNNUCK 99 POINTS: "A legendary wine in the making from the Delon Family is the 2015 Leoville Las Cases and there are very few wines more impressive in the vintage. A blend of 85% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Cabernet Franc, and the balance Merlot, this full-bodied, tight, super-concentrated, focused 2015 boasts an awesome bouquet of crème de cassis, graphite, charcoal, lead pencil, and minerality. Deep, layered, with perfect ripeness and building tannin, hide bottle for 6-7 years and enjoy this prodigious effort over the following 3-4 decades."
WINE ADVOCATE 98+ POINTS: "Composed of 85% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Cabernet Franc and 6% Merlot, the medium to deep garnet-purple colored 2015 Léoville Las Cases has a slightly closed nose, revealing notes of crème de cassis, baked blueberries and black forest cake with touches of licorice, violets and Indian spices plus a waft of dusty soil. The palate is medium to full-bodied, concentrated and built like a brick house, with firm, ripe, velvety tannins and seamless freshness, finishing long and spicy."
JAMES SUCKLING 98 POINTS: "Blackcurrant, blueberry and currant aromas with hints of black licorice and hot stones. Full-bodied with dense and integrated tannins and a long, long finish. It is all there and all about proportional harmony. Excellent focus and beauty. Drink in 2022."
WINE SPECTATOR 97 POINTS: "Filled with blackberry, black currant, fig and boysenberry preserve flavors, this starts off showy, but a back end of brambly grip, warm tar, and pastis-soaked apple wood emerges slowly before taking an authoritative lead on the finish. All the while, a cool charcoal note weaves in and around everything. Best from 2025 through 2045."
- Item #: i_346013Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 96-98Wine Spectator: 95-98Vinous Media: 95-98James Suckling: 98-99ROBERTPARKER.COM 98 POINTS: "In 2015, the blend is 60% Merlot, 22% Cabernet Franc and 18% Cabernet Sauvignon, and the wine was matured 80% in new French oak. Deep garnet-purple in color, the 2015 Pavie is still sporting a bit of its oak to begin, giving way to a glorious nose of crushed black cherries, blackberries and mulberries plus hints of dried roses, stewed tea, unsmoked cigars and garrigue. The rich, concentrated, full-bodied palate delivers an incredible structure of very firm, very ripe tannins and a racy line of freshness cutting through the dense layers of perfumed black fruits and savory notions, finishing with epic length."
- Item #: i_346016Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94-96Vinous Media: 95-98James Suckling: 97-98ROBERTPARKER 94-96 POINTS: "The 2015 Pontet Canet was tasted on two occasions around two weeks apart and I noticed a superior showing the second time around. This year is a blend of 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 3% Cabernet Franc and 2% Petit Verdot that was picked from 18 September apropos the Merlot and from 28 September for the Cabernet, finishing on 3 October. It is matured in 50% new oak, 35% concrete and 15% one-year-old barrels. It has a pure and perfumed bouquet with small dark cherries, red plum and subtle violet scents, perhaps a little Margaux-like in style, the second showing demonstrating a little more red fruit character. The palate is medium-bodied with a slightly grainy texture on the entry. There is nicely judged acidity here, moderate depth, very supple tannin that lend this a silky texture. There is modest weight towards the second half, perhaps spicier than some of its Pauillac peers with an edgy, lightly peppered finish. It is an intriguing and complex, almost mercurial Pontet-Canet, a wine that I suspect will gain more weight during its élevage. Afford this 5-8 years in bottle and you should have a delicious, intellectual Pontet-Canet on your hands."
VINOUSMEDIA 95-98 POINTS: "One of the wines of the vintage, the 2015 Pontet-Canet oozes class, finesse and pure pedigree. A hypothetical combination of the 2010 (for its dark fruit and tannic structure) and the 2009 (for its voluptuous fruit), the 2015 offers remarkable intensity, power and grace. A host of exotic floral and spice notes wrap around the dark, racy finish. In a word: magnificent! The 2015 is 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot and 5% Petit Verdot, aged 50% in new oak, 35% in terra cotta amphora and 15% in one year-old barrels." -- Antonio Galloni
JAMES SUCKLING 97-98 POINTS: "This is very fine and silky with a beautiful vivid blackberry and blueberry character. Super polished tannins. Refined and very, very long. Fabulous harmony to this young wine. Very classic Bordeaux. Superb depth and length. Real Bordeaux."
- Item #: i_351779Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92-94Vinous Media: 93James Suckling: 94JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "Beautiful aromas of plums and filtered coffee follow through to a full body. Firm and silky tannins and a flavorful finish. Bright acidity and spice character. Tight and focused. Needs two or three years to open."(2/2018)
VINOUS 93 POINTS -Voluptuous style that is sure to find many admirers. Super-ripe dark fruit, chocolate, new leather, spice and mocha fill out the wine's ample, soft-textured frame effortlessly. Silky contours add to an impression of flamboyant elegance. I would give the 2015 at least a few more years in bottle to allow some of the elements to fuse together a bit more fully. Time in the glass brings out very pretty red-toned fruit and floral overtones. There is certainly plenty to admire on this inviting, impeccably balanced Pomerol. Michel Rolland consults."
WINE ADVOCATE 92-94 POINTS - "The 2015 Rouget is the blend of five parcels around the Pomerol plateau and I took time to taste each of them when I visited Edouard Labruyère. A blend of 80% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Franc aged in one-third new oak, it has quite a punchy, high-toned bouquet with licorice-tinged red fruit that opens nicely in the glass. The palate is medium-bodied with ripe tannin, rounded in the mouth with moderate acidity, the Cabernet Franc very articulate. I like the cohesion here, svelte in the mouth with black fruit and allspice fanning out on the structured, sandalwood finish. This is a well-crafted Rouget that deserves wider consumer appreciation. I would not be surprised if this Rouget ends up at the top of my banded score."
- Item #: i_346019Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 96Wine Spectator: 95James Suckling: 97Jeb Dunnuck: 99 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 99 POINTS: "A wine I was able to taste on multiple occasions, the 2015 Troplong Mondot is a tour de force that readers need to snatch up. This cuvee comes from the cool, clay and limestone soils on the upper plateau (it’s the highest point in the appellation) and is a blend of 92% Merlot, 6% Cabernet Sauvignon and 2% Cabernet Franc, harvest between September 30th and October 21st, that was brought up in 85% new French oak. Sporting a deep, inky color as well as a sensational bouquet of creme de cassis, blackberry, toasted spice, licorice and spring flowers, it’s another huge wine from this estate that has perfect balance between its fruit, oak and tannin, a stacked mid-palate, and an incredible finish. I wrote "crazy good" more than once in my notes. It has enough fruit and texture to drink nicely even today, yet needs 4-5 years of cellaring and will keep for two to three decades. It's one of the great wines of the vintage."
JAMES SUCKLING 97 POINTS: "Expressive, ripe dark plums swathed in aromas of mocha, toasted baking spices, graphite, blackberries and mulberries. The flavor-soaked palate arrives on suave, velvety tannins, delivering flavors of vibrant, concentrated dark plums, mulberries, dark chocolate and cocoa in a youthful, fresh style. Terrific wine with ultra-long finish. An essay in power and elegance. Essence-like. Best from 2020."
WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS: "Blended of 90% Merlot, 8% Cabernet Sauvignon and 2% Cabernet Franc aged in French oak, 85% new, the deep garnet-purple colored 2015 Troplong Mondot is redolent of warm plums, blackberry tart and blueberry pie with suggestions of underbrush, bay leaves, cedar chest and lavender plus a waft of baking spices. Full-bodied and full-throttle in the mouth, the palate is decadently packed with a solid core of black and blue fruit layers, supported with firm, grainy tannins and finishing with loads of spicy layers. This pedal-to-the-metal beauty is the ultimate indulgence for the hedonists!"
WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS: "Offers a gorgeous, caressing, velvety feel, with waves of warmed plum, fig compote and blackberry reduction gliding through, inlaid with notes of graphite, sweet tobacco and black licorice. A light loamy echo adds a pleasant tug of earth at the very end."
- Item #: i_350826Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97Wine Spectator: 96Vinous Media: 98James Suckling: 100JAMES SUCKLING 100 POINTS - "Breathtaking aromas of perfectly ripe fruit with blackberries, black olives, licorice, cedar and sweet tobacco. Full body, incredible depth and power, yet this is always in reserve and check. Everything is in the right place for this new legend from Trotanoy. Try it in 2026. Will age for decades in the future."
WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "Composed of 93% Merlot and 7% Cabernet Franc, the 2015 Trotanoy reveals a medium to deep garnet-purple color and comes prancing out of the glass with the most striking black fruit preserves, plum pudding, red currant jelly and blueberry compote notions, followed up by nuances of rose petals, chocolate box, licorice and menthol plus a waft of wild mushrooms. Full-bodied, rich and decadent, it fills the palate with generous perfumed black and blue fruit layers with a seductive frame of velvety tannins and seamless freshness, finishing very long and very minerally."