- Item #: i_353664Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 90JAMES SUCKLING 90 POINTS - "Attractive nose with loads of candied violets, raspberries and rose petals. Plum and some licorice. Full and nice texture on the palate with charming fruit and fine tannins. Enjoyable finish with medium length and a tasty licorice note. Drink from 2016."
- Item #: i_351420Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 94James Suckling: 94Wine Enthusiast: 95WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "This wine is more backward than I would have normally expected, but nevertheless, it is very impressive. The 2010 Branaire-Ducru displays an inky bluish purple color and loads of mulberry, raspberry, black currant, graphite and floral notes in its intense aromatics. Medium to full-bodied , with sensational ripeness, purity, texture and length, the tannins are slightly more prominent than I remember from barrel, but they are sweet and ripe (as opposed to astringent and bitter). This beautiful wine needs 4-6 years of cellaring and should keep 25-30 years. 12/2013"
WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Very polished and stylish, with a velvety feel to the layers of crushed plum, currant and blackberry, while bittersweet cocoa and black licorice glide in on the gorgeous, black tea-infused finish. Features a lovely allure rather than raw power, making this possibly the prettiest St.-Julien of the vintage. There's plenty in the tank for cellaring as well. Best from 2014 through 2030."
- Item #: i_350488Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Wine Spectator: 92Jeb Dunnuck: 94JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "This is the Syrah blend, roughly 70% Syrah, 20-25% Grenache, the rest either Viognier and Roussanne, not co-fermented, but blended then aged for a year in tank. The Syrah-dominated 2010 IGP Vaucluse Heloise is a beauty that has an open, rounded, complex style. Offering lots of blackberries, spice, hints of pepper and forest floor, It's medium-bodied, silky, and elegant on the palate, with fine tannin and beautiful elegance. It reminds me of a Côte Rôtie from the southern part of the appellation."
- Item #: i_333123Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Wine Spectator: 93ROBERT PARKER 95 POINTS: "Dense ruby/purple, it tips the scales at 15% natural alcohol and was bottled unfined and unfiltered. Full-bodied in texture, it offers up loads of blueberry, blackberry and raspberry fruit intermixed with some cedar, vanilla and a touch of spring flowers. Impressively built, with good acidity and light tannin, this is a superb example of wine that reaches its prime in 3 or 4 years and lasts two decades. It’s right up there with their brilliant 2005."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS: "This is rich and very plush, but really pure as well, with gorgeous macerated cherry, cassis and blackberry preserves flavors gliding along, carried by remarkably polished tannins. Flecks of bergamot, blood orange and apple wood fill in on the finish, with a fine minerality buried as well. This should be lovely after some cellaring. Best from 2015 through 2030." –JM
- Item #: i_399908Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91Wine Spectator: 92James Suckling: 92eROBERT PARKER 91 POINTS: "This is one of the better, more supple Fombrauge wines to date, with a better integration of toasty oak than I have usually seen at this stage of this wine’s development. The grapes were picked late, with the harvest finishing on October 22, and that has given the wine wonderful ripeness and plenty of chocolaty espresso notes intermixed with incense, black cherries and black currants. The oak is subtle, and the wine full-bodied, attractive, deep, round and generous. Drink it over the next 10-12 years."
- Item #: i_373622Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS-"Officially non-vintaged, the recent issue of the NV Extra Brut Entre Ciel et Terre (2010) blends 60% Pinot Noir with 40% Pinot Meunier, predominantly from the 2010 harvest. The wine spent five years on the second lees and was disgorged in March 2017 (Lot EX100317). The bouquet is clear, fine and fresh in its stunningly fruity aromas of mirabelles. Filigreed, finessed and elegant on the palate, this is a lean, pure and stimulatingly dry yet mouth-filling cuvée with a more airy rather than earthy character. The finish is dry, firm, yeasty and full of character, but it is perhaps a bit too austere for some of our readers at the moment. In any case, it's a lovely gastronomic Champagne with a distinctive character. Tasted in May 2018."
- Item #: i_378520Bottle Size: 750mlA vintage cuvée from the single vineyard bearing its name. Toulette" is a single vineyard, mono cepage cuvee produced from Chardonnay vines that were planted in 1947. Crop levels were held to a miserly thirty hectoliters per hectare. The vins clairs were barrel fermented in older Burgundy casks and the wine is finished off with a minimal dosage of two grams per liter. Malolatic fermentation is avoided in order to release the full flavor origins of the wine. It displays a deep golden color and a rich, toasty nose. A full-flavored wine with a hint of almond/frangipane; almost like a Galette des Rois cake. Stunning!
- Item #: i_350241Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOVCATE 94 POINTS: "Deep garnet in color, the 2010 Lafon-Rochet comes bounding out of the glass with sit-up-and-beg notes of crème de cassis, blackberry pie and blueberry preserves followed by suggestions of Chinese five spice, potpourri and tilled soil. Full-bodied and concentrated, with loads of black and blue fruit layers, it has a rock-solid backbone of grainy tannins and compelling freshness, finishing long and fragrant."
- Item #: i_350064Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93ROBERT PARKER 93 POINTS - -"Probably the best second wine ever made at Cos (although the 2009 should not be discounted), the 2010 Les Pagodes de Cos is a blend of 62% Cabernet Sauvignon and 38% Merlot finishing at 14% natural alcohol. This wine exhibits beautiful, silky tannins as well as sweet, rich mulberry and black currant fruit with hints of spring flowers, licorice and subtle toast. A full-bodied, opulent and -ideal- second wine, most people who have tasted it would probably agree that it is actually better than many vintages of Cos d-Estournel from the 1960s and 1970s. Drink it over the next 10-15 years. (RP)"
- Item #: i_387629Bottle Size: 750mlWINERY NOTES:100% Chardonnay Crus : Le Mesnil-sur-Oger, Chouilly, Oiry Viticulture : Environmentally-friendly(organic fertilizers and treatments, mechanical procedures for the soils, aromatherapy, biodynamic principles) In the winery and cellar… Vintage : 2010 Vinification : Cuvées only (1st pressing), alcoholic fermentation at 17°C, malolactic fermentation, aged for 10 months in stainless steel vats. Bottled June 2011. 1997 bottles, 60 magnums Aging on lath : 7 years Dosage : 2 g / litre.
- Item #: i_377688Bottle Size: 750mlThis new to us grower-producer has created a most exciting terroir Champagne that perfectly showcases the ripe, broad demeanor for which the Chardonnays of Chouilly are prized. This then is a single varietal (Chardonnay), single harvest (2010), and single parcel Champagne. The Le Fond du Bateau lieu-dit was planted more than 50 years ago by Paul Pertois and is situated in the cru's best quadrant, i.e. south of the town directly east of the Butte de Saran on the northern border of Cramant. Environmentally-friendly vinicultural practices are employed in this vineyard including organic fertilizers and treatments, aromatherapy and biodynamic principles. The family intentionally reduces the vine's vigor and yields which results in enhanced aromatic concentration. This wine was fermented in stainless steel with malo and given 10 months to settle prior to bottling. Further complexity was achieved by seven years of yeast aging prior to disgorgement. While rich with a soft minerality, there is more than enough acidity to keep everything taught and focused through the extended finish. The flavor excitement and refinement exhibited in this superb bottling definitely make Pertois-Lebrun a name to watch.
- Item #: i_351955Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92STEPHEN TANZER 93+ POINTS - "Good medium bright red. Musky aromas of redcurrant, game, smoke and minerals lifted by a topnote of blood orange. Juicy, sappy and savory, with strong soil tones to the vibrant, sweet red berry and mineral flavors. Finishes with talc-like tannins and excellent subtle length. This very precise and pretty wine shut down in the glass and displayed a firmer tannic backbone." March 2013
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "VThis is rich, with fine cut corralling the cherry, currant and spice flavors. The acidity drives the long finish, with persistent sweet fruit and spice lingering on the aftertaste. Best from 2015 through 2028. 75 cases imported."
- Item #: i_375811Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93James Suckling: 94Wine Enthusiast: 94JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "Four plots in Avize, a village that delivers strong character in blanc de blancs, picked later and riper. The delicate lemons and fine, chalky minerals here are impressive. Mouth-filling, vinous flesh with yellow-grapefruit and nectarine flavors. Super long, fresh and focused mineral finish. Drink or hold."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 94 POINTS
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS