- Item #: i_352602Bottle Size: 750mlFrom 104 year old Pinot Fin vines, this has to be one of the greatest value reds to be found in Burgundy, and the 2015 rendition is especially good. Brooding dark fruit, coniferous forest floor and espresso lead into a deep, fine-grained and very complete palate with a silky core of ripe, fine tannins and lovely concentration.
- Item #: i_351962Bottle Size: 750mlThis Bourgogne rouge is surprisingly charming and floral. This Pinot is a blend of seven different plots around Cote de Nuits, 50% from Chambolle Musigny appellation, 25% from Nuits Saint Georges, and 25% from Vosne Romanée. Flamboyant aroma of supple rose petal, wild strawberries, and raspberry. 60% whole cluster. Great lightness and gentleness.
- Item #: i_350722Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 88-91The Chambolle-Musigny is a beauty made from several different plots located quite high in the Chambolle appellation south of the village – i.e. from a quite cool area. This translates into a gorgeous village – the bouquet is brimming with fresh red fruit with notes of red currant, pomegranate and forest strawberries – infused by a classic Chambolle minerality. On the palate very vibrant offering gorgeous mid-palate fruit brought forward by a fresh acidity and the filigree minerality. A truly lovely Chambolle village.
- Item #: i_350406Bottle Size: 750mlBIODYNAMIC ESTATE
Domaine Arlaud Père et Fils is a reference point for natural Burgundy wines. The singular experience each organically raised cuvée offers is a revelation for even the most experienced palates.
For more than 20 years we’ve partnered with this domaine in Morey-Saint-Denis, witnessing each vintage the ever-greater clarity of expression the family has been able to achieve in each of their harmonious Burgundy wines. Today the family stands side-by-side with Burgundy’s most respected names, especially distinguishing itself with its dedication to organic viticulture.
The family began to cultivate their vineyards organically in 2004. In 2009, they were inspired to push further, establishing biodynamic viticultural practices across all their holdings. As of the 2014 vintage, the estate will hold both organic and biodynamic certification, the very first estate to do so in Morey-Saint-Denis.
- Item #: i_350529Bottle Size: 750mlFINE WINE REVIEW - "The Volnay, Clos de la Cave has dark fruit aromas and flavors with minerality, medium-weight, and good acidity, length, and structure. 50% whole clusters here. The vines date from five different periods; the youngest are 20 years-old, the oldest 90 years-old, and the average is 45-50 years."
- Item #: i_351884Bottle Size: 750mlThis small but outstanding domaine was created in 1840 by the great-grandfather of Régis Forey, the current proprietaire. This village wine is from three parcels of about one hectare total size that are planted to vines of more than sixty years of age. The two primary parcels are in “Plantes Aux Barons” (.40 hectare) and “Charbonnieres” (.60 hectare), both of which are in Prémeaux on its northern border with Nuits. These low-yielding old vines produce a concentrated and classic Nuits.
- Item #: i_350536Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 89 - 91 POINTS - " This too is reduced and the only aspect that I can mention is a subtle touch of wood. Otherwise there is notably better size, weight and richness as the medium-bodied flavors possess an admirable abundance of sappy dry extract that also buffers the firm but not hard core of tannins. This isn't refined but it's very Nuits and should age well but also drink well young thanks to the extract." - (Jan 15, 2018)
- Item #: i_345743Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 88-91Light ruby. Perfumed and seductive. Quite appealing already. Just needs the acidity to settle down a little. Lightly sandy tannins on the end...
- Item #: i_350007Bottle Size: 750mlNicolas represents the fifth generation of his family in Volnay. The viticulture of the domaine is inspired by biodynamics, but Nico is pragmatic, and although no weedkillers are used and the vineyards are maintained by ploughing, he says that there are both good and bad things in biodynamics, and he will use conventional fungicides to combat disease. Nicolas makes deeply-coloured, flavourful wines. Purple bright and with defined juicy fruit and very good body. Just racked, so hard to taste, but looks excellent
- Item #: i_334229Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 90 PointsDecanter: 90 PointsDECANTER 90 POINTS - "A pure, projected bouquet of creamy raspberry, strawberry and plum introduces a supple, elegant wine framed by chalky but melted tannins, with good concentration, depth and energy."
- Item #: i_334109Bottle Size: 750MLThe Gouges family has been vineyard proprietors in Nuits for generations and proprietors of the current domaine since 1919. Domaine Henri Gouges Bourgogne Rouge has a great color and a lovely Pinot nose. Very fresh and earthy on the palate, supple with roasted nut elements.
Allen Meadows - Burghound - "A fresh, cool and distinctly earthy array of red and dark currant precedes punch and sleek middle weight flavors that offer fine length. This is less rustic than it usually is and it's worth considering."
- Item #: i_351457Bottle Size: 750mlJOHN GILMAN 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Nuits AC had just been racked the day before my visit and had its SO2 adjusted a touch as well, and yet the wine was in good form and easy to taste! The bouquet is deep and quite sappy this year (perhaps from the addition of some Chaignots?), jumping from the glass in a lovely mix of black cherries, sweet dark berries, woodsmoke, venison, dark soil tones and raw cocoa. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied and sappy at the core, with fine focus and grip, ripe, seamless tannins and a long, vibrant and tangy finish. Fine, fine AC. 2024-2060+."
ALLEN MEADOWS, BURGHOUND 89 - 91 POINTS - "from 4 different parcels scattered above and below the 1ers and the blend of vines averages about 35 years of age; in 2016 it also includes the production from Les Chaignots and Les Chênes Carteaux. A more deeply pitched nose is composed by notes of plum, dark raspberry, earth and a hint of wood. There is excellent volume to the relatively sleek medium-bodied flavors that possess plenty of sappy dry extract, all wrapped in a firm finish that is also less rustic than usual. This too is worth checking out."
- Item #: i_352256Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91-93ROBERT PARKER 91-93 POINTS: "The 2016 Gevrey-Chambertin les Seuvrées comes from 60- to 70-year-old vines and included 30% whole-bunch fruit. This has a more refined and precise bouquet than the la Justice thanks to the effortlessly pure red fruit intertwined with cold stone/limestone aromas. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannin, a killer line of acidity and a brightness on the finish that is a pure joy. This is a superb village cru, one of the best that I encountered this vintage."
- Item #: i_352802Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 92 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 92 POINTS - "In this crisp wine, acidity and tannins come together in a juicy mélange that has good potential. Red fruits are developing well, holding promise for the long-term. Drink from 2022."
- Item #: i_351355Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 94-95JAMES SKUCLING 94 - 95 POINTS - "Fragrant and delicately earthy, this wine smells and tastes like a premier cru Vosne-Romanee. Rich and suave with beautifully integrated."
- Item #: i_351620Bottle Size: 750mlImmediately attractive and enticing. Aromatic and full of charm and joy. Bright perfumed notes of crunchy red cherry, forest berry, bramble and spices. A tiny production averaging just 20hl / hectares. One of Santenay’s most prestigious Premier Cru situated east of the village next to Chassagne-Montrachet. Rarely more than 100 cases of this incredible value red Burgundy are produced each year. Ageing is in used oak barriques.