- Item #: i_333545Bottle Size: 750MLThe de Villaines farm three appellations within the Côte Chalonaise, namely Bouzeron (Aligoté), Rully (Chardonnay) and Mercurey (Pinot Noir). Their single-vineyard parcels are stunning examples of what this complex and amazing terroir can yield. Though their wines are quite enjoyable young, their ability to age well is what one might expect from a master such as de Villaine. Much of this is due to both the diversity of his vinestock and his organic and biodynamic methodology in the vineyards, both of which Aubert stands by with great conviction. He also ferments his Mercureys in wood cuves, a style adopted from DRC.
- Item #: i_374624Bottle Size: 750mlFor the Chauvet, harmony in champagne is not just important, it is elemental. As such, they are regional champions of the art of blending Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, and they take an unabashedly classical approach in the vineyards and in the cellars. Farming their family’s 10 hectares sustainably in five of the Montagne de Reims’s 17 grand crus—Bouzy, Ambonnay, Verzy, Verzenay and Bisseuil— one feels a complex synergy to the final wines where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Long fermentations and extended élevages on the lees help develop complexity and fine aromatics, while also radically reducing the need for sulfur and eschewing the need for malolactic fermentations. In the end, their harmony in both their partnership and practice yields elegant, earthy and aromatic champagnes with a fine, satiny mousse that dances across the palate. That they are also capable of long cellar aging is a fitting legacy for a family who has endured since 1848, and whose family home in Tours-sur-Marne features an immaculately preserved salon, dating to the early 1900's.
- Item #: i_353216Bottle Size: 750ml"The 2018 Bourgogne Côte d'Or offers up a pretty bouquet of ripe citrus fruits, warm spices, honeycomb and apples, followed by a medium-bodied, lively palate that's open-knit but precise, concluding with a delicately chalky finish. It's a fine introduction to this new domaine's elegant style." William Kelley, The Wine Advocate
- Item #: i_350698Bottle Size: 750mlThe wines of Domaine Boisson-Vadot have always been excellent, with a classic, soil-driven and racy style not encumbered by excessive new oak or extensive battonage, but the wines have taken a notable step up in quality now that father and son Boisson are working side by side. The Boisson family have been vignerons in Meursault for more than two centuries, and the wines today are as fine as they have ever been in the long and illustrious family history.
- Item #: i_351473Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Boisson, located in Meursault, was not very well known until recently. It was a kind of hidden gem. The domaine is part of the family Domaine Boisson-Vadot which is divided into three entities: the parents have Boisson-Vadot, the son Pierre Boisson and the daughter Anne Boisson. The élevage for the wines is long (between 15 and 20 months) and the quality of the wine is regular, with great finesse and infinite finish. The Meursault Sous la Velle has an open bouquet with aromas of citrus and white-fleshed fruit (apple and pear) and acacia notes. It has a fresh, nicely fruity palate with a distinctive mineral quality.
- Item #: i_353217Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2017 Meursault Criots is lovely, exhibiting scents of citrus oil, white flowers, and linden mingled with hints of pastry cream and crushed rocks. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, satiny and nicely concentrated, with a layered, tensile core and a long, chalky finish. Given its location next to Les Santenots, it’s impressive that Ballot managed to produce such a racy wine."
- Item #: i_352599Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93VINOUS 93 POINTS - "Pale yellow. Graceful nose offers scents of pear and menthol lifted by a floral topnote. At once silky, juicy and bone-dry, showing a light floral touch and lovely subtle intensity. The slowly building back end is very dry but not austere. This notably harmonious wine is distinctly more floral than Leroux's Meursault bottlings."
- Item #: i_351703Bottle Size: 750mlBenoit Ente is the younger brother to Arnaud Ente, one of the greatest chardonnay producers in the world, but if he continues on his current trajectory he won’t be known as the "other" Ente for long. An equally fresh nose offers up cool nuances of pear, apple and floral scents. The very round and rich, indeed plump, flavors possess both good volume and a caressing mouth feel while delivering reasonably good length on the bitter lemon-infused finale.
- Item #: i_345111Bottle Size: 750MLWINE SPECTATOR - 92 POINTS : A pure, lean style, exhibiting flavors of apple, lemon and sweet baking spices, with a hint of butterscotch. Taut and resonant, featuring a long, expanding finish. Best from 2019 through 2025. 200 cases imported. –BS
VINOUSMEDIA.COM - 86-88 POINTS : (aging in 10% new oak): Pale color. White peach, lemon and a touch of stone on the nose. Plump and rich, in fact a bit loose-knit, conveying an impression of elevated alcohol. This smooth wine shows a floral element but only moderate flavor development. Not bad. - Stephen Tanzer
- Item #: i_353423Bottle Size: 750mlCaves Jean Bourdy is one of the oldest domaines in the Jura, owned by the Bourdy family for 15 generations since 1475 in the village of Arlay. The Domaine is now run by brothers Jean-Phillipe and Jean-François, the 15th generation of winemakers at this estate.
The Domaine was certified biodynamic in 2006. The combination of some of the best terroir in the Jura and careful and patient winemaking results in wines that thoroughly express the land on which it is grown.
- Item #: i_344258Bottle Size: 750MLTillets is south facing and therefore profiting in more sunlight. This vineyard used to have lime-trees (called Tille Tillet Or) growing around the outskirts which in the medeival times were used for creating medicines. This soil gives us a wine that shows off the wonderful characteristics of a typical Meursault - the subtle yet powerful aromas staying loyal to its name. Subtle aromas of stone fruits, with a bold palate, balanced minerality, and a long, elegant finish. Pairs well with salmon.
- Item #: i_353341Bottle Size: 750mlThe estate practices sustainable farming, avoiding pesticides and herbicides, and using indigenous yeasts for fermentation. Harvest is exclusively by hand.
A lower-altitude villages-level plot, ‘Reuchaux’ is found near the village border with Meursault. Soils are deeper, with limestone subsoils. A bit more heft, a bit more flesh than your usual Puligny, but still chock-full of herbs and flowers and spice.
- Item #: i_345483Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOUND 90 POINTS -"This too is super-fresh with its airy nose that combines floral, red currant and evident wet stone scents. The racy and tension-filled flavors possess a really lovely mouth feel if perhaps not quite the overall depth and length as the best of these villages wines."
VINOUS 90 POINTS - "(from vines planted in the 1980s on rocky soil): Good dark red. Quite reticent on the nose, and a bit diffuse. Then juicy and sweet in the mouth, with soil-driven red berry flavors complicated by red licorice and mineral notes. Good density and breadth here--and a bit more size than usual for this wine. Finishes with dusty, horizontal tannins. Clair noted that this bottling is taking on more power as the vines age."
- Item #: i_377200Bottle Size: 750MLWINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS-Honey, pastry dough and spice accents lace the patisserie plum and pear fruit in this rich Champagne, while vibrant acidity and a lacy mousse carry the flavor range to a long, zesty finish. Drink now through 2026. 1,400 cases made." -AN (09/17)
- Item #: i_350966Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93VINOUS 93 POINTS - "e 2017 Pouilly-Fuissé Clos des Quarts, co-owned by Olivier Merlin and Dominique Lafon, does not include the oldest vines in this particular vintage. Since these were planted in 1917, this plot was bottled separately in magnums to celebrate its centenary. It has a very classy bouquet, one that is beautifully defined with orange pith, apricot, lime flower and jasmine aromas that all gain intensity with aeration. The quality terroir comes through, even without those old vines. The palate is fresh and citrus-driven on the entry, bright and vivid with notes of orange rind, pine kernels, hints of mango and spice. This feels very harmonious and focused, demonstrating impressive depth on the flinty finish. This is a very impressive Pouilly-Fuissé from one of its most historic and now rejuvenated vineyards"
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS -"The 2016 Pouilly-Fuissé Clos des Quarts is very pretty, opening in the glass with a complex bouquet of peach, confit citrus, lemon and smoke, framed by a judicious touch of recently used oak. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, satiny and elegant, with succulent balancing acids. This is an ample, approachable and open-knit rendition of the Clos des Quarts, replete with immediate charm."
- Item #: i_353312Bottle Size: 750mlThis is a charming, rich, focused and delightful white. Medium-bodied with a smooth texture, the wine has a fresh backbone of acidity, clean apple and citrus flavors, and an excellent balance. A most refreshing quaff and one that is great value. A delicate, expressive wine of exceptional quality. The grapes from this wine are grown from the Puligny-Montrachet area. (either outside of the AOC limit or with younger vines). The grapes from this wine are grown from the Puligny-Montrachet area. (either outside of the AOC limit or with younger vines). Aged 10 months in oak barrels (10% new, the rest in 2-3 year old barrels).
- Item #: i_353328Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 91ANTONIO GALLONI, VINOUS 91 POINTS - " "The 2018 Puligny-Montrachet Les Champs-Gain 1er Cru has an intense, voluminous bouquet of yellow flowers, white peach and crushed stone aromas that feel very cohesive. The palate has a rounded texture on the entry. Slightly lower in acidity and quite plush for a Puligny, with a pure and quite persistent finish."
- Item #: i_353785Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 94VINOUS 94 POINTS - "The 2018 Chablis Mont de Milieu 1er Cru is impressive. Rich, pliant and beautifully layered, the Mont de Milieu is one of the highlights in this range. Perfumed aromatics and silky fruit add to its considerable appeal. A touch of oak in fermentation works so well here. Some of the wines in this range are more obvious and more showy, but few are as refined or as complete. The Mont de Milieu is so inviting."
BURGHOUND 93 POINTS - "Touches of the exotic are present in the form of lychee nut, dried apricot and white peach along with hints of petrol and quinine. The succulent and borderline oily medium weight plus flavors possess an abundance of dry extract that imparts a sappy texture to the bitter lemon finish where an interesting hint of marmalade appears. This isn't classic but it is actually quite good."
- Item #: i_353491Bottle Size: 750mlThis 2018 Chablis Montée de Tonnèrre is, as usual, very impressive indeed. The vineyards famous heavy limestone marl soils give gravitas and amplitude. Intense and impeccably balanced, it shows a crystalline purity, nuance and serious depth. Coming from Chablis finest 1er Cru vineyard (just next to Grand Cru Blanchots) the wine displays superb pedigree and harmony. As approachable as this is now, don’t forget to put some away for a few years.
The wines of Domaine Christophe all display classic Chablis notes of shells and green apples on the nose, along with a pretty, underlying hint of white flower and lemon. It’s the kind of bright nose that gives the drinker an intimation of the acidity and tension that will follow on the palate, which is indeed nervy but also generous with an appealing balance of flavours offset by a rocky, shell-y harmony. The wine finishes with the sort of mouth-coating minerality and mouth-watering citrusy acidity that makes Chablis a favourite amongst lovers of wines that truly reflect their terroir.