- Item #: i_333545Bottle Size: 750MLThe de Villaines farm three appellations within the Côte Chalonaise, namely Bouzeron (Aligoté), Rully (Chardonnay) and Mercurey (Pinot Noir). Their single-vineyard parcels are stunning examples of what this complex and amazing terroir can yield. Though their wines are quite enjoyable young, their ability to age well is what one might expect from a master such as de Villaine. Much of this is due to both the diversity of his vinestock and his organic and biodynamic methodology in the vineyards, both of which Aubert stands by with great conviction. He also ferments his Mercureys in wood cuves, a style adopted from DRC.
- Item #: i_345449Bottle Size: 750MLAubert de Villaine may be more famous for managing the legendary estate of Domaine de la Romanée Conti (DRC) but his passion for producing exemplary Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Aligoté does not begin and end with the wines from the Cote de Beaune. Truth be told, his true winemaking love lies south of those world renowned vineyards in the Cote Chalonaise district, one of Burgundy's best-kept secrets. The greatness of Aubert's wines cannot be overstated. They are among the finest that the region has to offer and are the ultimate expression of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. His innovative approach to winemaking spans the pages of time, incorporating tradition with a modernist’s mastery for precision and truth. Designed for immediate consumption or moderate to long-term aging, the red and white wines from Aubert's Maconnais vineyards are a must-have for anyone who is passionate about the wines of Burgundy.
- Item #: i_322611Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "The 2017 Bourgogne Côte Chalonnaise La Digoine opens in the glass with a reserved bouquet of smoky blackberries, raspberries and bay leaf, followed by a medium to full-bodied, fleshy and supple palate that's open and charming, concluding with a spice-inflected finish."
Winemaker's Notes "La Digoine is a site at the foot of a slope, known for centuries to provide the deep soil and growing conditions necessary for excellent red wine. Our vineyard here is planted in moderate-yield Pinot Noir. La Digoine can be drunk very young. Within two or three months of bottling, it demonstrates immediate appeal with red berry fruit and a balance of roundness, structure, and lenght on the palate.
However, this is another versatil wine which benefits from bottle aging. After 18 to 24 months, slow maturation and evolution begin to make their mark, and La Digoine will improve over the next ten year, revealing the deep, complex aromas worthy of a great burgundy. Depending on cellar conditions, we recommanded twelve to fifteen years of aging.
Serving temperature for a young La Digoine should be around 60°F, and around 64°F for an older one. It goes well with red meat and any of a variety of cheeses, though soft cheeses like Camembert, Brie, and Vacherin should be avoided."
- Item #: i_311377Bottle Size: 750MLWinemaker's Notes - "Our Bouzeron comes from vines situated on the best slopes of the appellations. We have planted the golden Aligoté doré grape, which gives lowers yield and more aromatic wines than its cousin, the Aligoté vert. True to its varietal nature, our Bouzeron is a liveley, fruity wine, but it also has a finesse and roundness that spring from the essential nature of the terroir. These qualities lend it great versatility. To best appreciate the freshness and fruit, it would be drunk young, within two or three years. To allow the wine to fully develop fullness and "fatness", age it for up to ten years. It should be served chilled, at about 54°F, as an apéritif, with seafood, or with a number of cheeses (goat cheese, Cantal, Beaufort, Parmesan, Roquefort, etc."
- Item #: i_353216Bottle Size: 750ml"The 2018 Bourgogne Côte d'Or offers up a pretty bouquet of ripe citrus fruits, warm spices, honeycomb and apples, followed by a medium-bodied, lively palate that's open-knit but precise, concluding with a delicately chalky finish. It's a fine introduction to this new domaine's elegant style." William Kelley, The Wine Advocate
- Item #: i_350697Bottle Size: 750mlORGANIC
The Aligoté is the traditional white grape of Burgundy. 60 year-old vines from within the commune of Meursault. This is a great value, and we should all be thankful that the Boissons have resisted the temptation to re-plant this site with Chardonnay.
Burgundy Aligoté reveals a very aromatic nose of fresh almonds and quince. This balanced and straight wine has a lovely mineral taste on the finish.
- Item #: i_350698Bottle Size: 750mlThe wines of Domaine Boisson-Vadot have always been excellent, with a classic, soil-driven and racy style not encumbered by excessive new oak or extensive battonage, but the wines have taken a notable step up in quality now that father and son Boisson are working side by side. The Boisson family have been vignerons in Meursault for more than two centuries, and the wines today are as fine as they have ever been in the long and illustrious family history.
- Item #: i_351473Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Boisson, located in Meursault, was not very well known until recently. It was a kind of hidden gem. The domaine is part of the family Domaine Boisson-Vadot which is divided into three entities: the parents have Boisson-Vadot, the son Pierre Boisson and the daughter Anne Boisson. The élevage for the wines is long (between 15 and 20 months) and the quality of the wine is regular, with great finesse and infinite finish. The Meursault Sous la Velle has an open bouquet with aromas of citrus and white-fleshed fruit (apple and pear) and acacia notes. It has a fresh, nicely fruity palate with a distinctive mineral quality.
- Item #: i_351708Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Supple and harmonious, this red offers a line of cherry and plum fruit, accented by spice flavors. Focused and balanced, lingering pleasantly on the lengthy, mineral-tinged aftertaste. Best from 2021 through 2035."
- Item #: i_350722Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 88-91The Chambolle-Musigny is a beauty made from several different plots located quite high in the Chambolle appellation south of the village – i.e. from a quite cool area. This translates into a gorgeous village – the bouquet is brimming with fresh red fruit with notes of red currant, pomegranate and forest strawberries – infused by a classic Chambolle minerality. On the palate very vibrant offering gorgeous mid-palate fruit brought forward by a fresh acidity and the filigree minerality. A truly lovely Chambolle village.
- Item #: i_351964Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 91 POINTS - "A spicy mix of both red and dark currant combines with notes of violet, tea and clove. This is also exceptionally intense with excellent detail and punch to the medium-bodied, sappy and caressing flavors that deliver first-rate persistence for a villages level Vosne. This too is worth a look provided you have at least some patience."
- Item #: i_352925Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92VINOUS 92 POINTS - "The 2017 Chambolle-Musigny Village comes from north-facing vineyards toward the upper slopes – the last vines to ripen, as they can lie in the shade. Containing 80% whole bunch fruit, it has a well-defined, slightly tertiary bouquet with touches of black pepper and pencil lead. The medium-bodied palate presents fresh red fruit, lightly spiced with white pepper, sage and a touch of tobacco, perhaps a little Morey-like in structure, but with a very long finish. Excellent."
BURGHOUND 91 POINTS - "A more deeply pitched nose features notes of plum, violet and red cherry along with soft spice wisps. The rich and refined middle weight flavors possess a caressing mouthfeel while delivering a moderately firm, dusty and borderline robust finish that offers fine complexity and persistence. A fine but firm Chambolle villages."
- Item #: i_353217Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2017 Meursault Criots is lovely, exhibiting scents of citrus oil, white flowers, and linden mingled with hints of pastry cream and crushed rocks. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, satiny and nicely concentrated, with a layered, tensile core and a long, chalky finish. Given its location next to Les Santenots, it’s impressive that Ballot managed to produce such a racy wine."
- Item #: i_309899Bottle Size: 750MLHere’s an old friend that has graced our floor and shelves for many years now. It’s ultra-crisp and clean with anenticing nose and palate of lemon-lime, stone and mineral. No malolactic, no lees stirring, little or no manipulationor human intervention, just Mother Nature at work! Definitely for the purist, the wine is vinified in stainless steel andaged in large, neutral foudres to preserve the freshness of the grape and the nobility of the terroir. From the cuttingedge Neal Rosenthal portfolio, try this wine with deep-fried prawns, Chinese dumplings or freshly shucked oysters.The wine’s delightful cut of refreshing acidity is perfect!
- Item #: i_352599Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93VINOUS 93 POINTS - "Pale yellow. Graceful nose offers scents of pear and menthol lifted by a floral topnote. At once silky, juicy and bone-dry, showing a light floral touch and lovely subtle intensity. The slowly building back end is very dry but not austere. This notably harmonious wine is distinctly more floral than Leroux's Meursault bottlings."
- Item #: i_351703Bottle Size: 750mlBenoit Ente is the younger brother to Arnaud Ente, one of the greatest chardonnay producers in the world, but if he continues on his current trajectory he won’t be known as the "other" Ente for long. An equally fresh nose offers up cool nuances of pear, apple and floral scents. The very round and rich, indeed plump, flavors possess both good volume and a caressing mouth feel while delivering reasonably good length on the bitter lemon-infused finale.