- Item #: i_350498Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92-94JEB DUNNUCK 92-94 POINTS: "One of the gems in the Northern Rhône lineup is the 2018 Côte Rôtie, which, as with all of Louis’ wines, wasn’t destemmed and was brought up in 30-40% new oak. Stunning aromatics of black raspberries, olive tapenade, ground pepper, violets, and assorted meat notes all flow to a medium to full-bodied, opulent, seamless Côte Rôtie that has a smoking good texture. Count me impressed."
- Item #: i_353989Bottle Size: 750mlDark red; the nose gives a coulis of blackberry, gentle aroma, a floral presence, raspberry also in the mix. The palate coasts along with charming aromatic content, black berry fruits, takes on iron, grip, towards the finish. The fruit is shapely, shows black cherry, is gentle, nicely channelled. It’s agreeably round and drinkable.
- Item #: i_353492Bottle Size: 750mlFleurs de Mai comes from very old Syrah vines planted by George Vernay on the upper plateau. Prior to being planted to vines, the vineyard was a peach orchard, and Fleurs de Mai references a variety of peach. This medium ruby-colored effort gives up plenty of exotic, peppery, almost tropical notes as well as blackberry and black raspberry fruits, medium body, fine tannins, and a sexy, incredibly gulpable style.
- Item #: i_351949Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93-95Vinous Media: 94James Suckling: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 96 Points
JEB DUNNUCK 94-96 POINTS - "The 2,000-case 2018 Hermitage Maison Bleue comes from the eastern side of the appellation and is a much more fleshy, opulent wine compared to the more mineral-laced La Chapelle. Jammy blackberry and cassis fruit, notes of ground herbs, graphite, and violets, full-bodied richness, beautiful concentration, and a great finish all make for a compelling Hermitage. It’s going to benefit from 4-5 years of bottle age."
WINE ADVOCATE 93-95 POINTS - "The 2018 Hermitage La Maison Bleue offers up aromas of mocha, raspberries and a hint of black olive. It's full-bodied, velvety and plush, with a finish that's marked by hints of maple syrup and a slightly open-knit quality. It should drink well for at least a decade after release."
- Item #: i_345342Bottle Size: 750ml100% Syrah. A delWell this is an insanely delicious young wine, wow! Gunpowder and smoke mixing with spiced blackberries, tapenade and freshly cracked black pepper. This is quite a nose, really! The palate is less forgiving, young, tight, mineral, very wound up.
- Item #: i_352340Bottle Size: 750mlRhone legends Jean-Pierre Monier and Phillipe Perreol combined forces nearly a decade ago to meet market demand for their sought-after Northern Rhone cuvées. The duo vinifies pure and soil-driven wines, crafted from biodynamically farmed fruit. Their Saint-Joseph is fermented with 20% whole clusters and aged in cask, leading to a dark fruited wine marked by notes of olives, red currants, black pepper, and wet rocks.