- Item #: i_321847Bottle Size: 750mlThe Grande Sendrée Cuvée takes its name from a parcel of land covered by cinders after the fire which ravaged Urville in 1838. A spelling error having slipped through in a new version of the land register, it is with an “s” that this cuvée is designated today. A reproduction of an 18th century bottle found in the Urville cellars is used and the Grande Sendrée undergoes remuage entirely by hand.
- Item #: i_378520Bottle Size: 750mlA vintage cuvée from the single vineyard bearing its name. Toulette" is a single vineyard, mono cepage cuvee produced from Chardonnay vines that were planted in 1947. Crop levels were held to a miserly thirty hectoliters per hectare. The vins clairs were barrel fermented in older Burgundy casks and the wine is finished off with a minimal dosage of two grams per liter. Malolatic fermentation is avoided in order to release the full flavor origins of the wine. It displays a deep golden color and a rich, toasty nose. A full-flavored wine with a hint of almond/frangipane; almost like a Galette des Rois cake. Stunning!
- Item #: i_350064Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93ROBERT PARKER 93 POINTS - -"Probably the best second wine ever made at Cos (although the 2009 should not be discounted), the 2010 Les Pagodes de Cos is a blend of 62% Cabernet Sauvignon and 38% Merlot finishing at 14% natural alcohol. This wine exhibits beautiful, silky tannins as well as sweet, rich mulberry and black currant fruit with hints of spring flowers, licorice and subtle toast. A full-bodied, opulent and -ideal- second wine, most people who have tasted it would probably agree that it is actually better than many vintages of Cos d-Estournel from the 1960s and 1970s. Drink it over the next 10-15 years. (RP)"
- Item #: i_311324Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94James Suckling: 95JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS: "Impressive nose with leather, dark polished fruit and flowers. Wonderful mouthfeel with soft silky tannins and beautiful texture. Really well put together. Powerful and rich with loads of fruit and ripe tannins. Very ripe."
ROBERT PARKER 94 POINTS: "Lead pencil shavings, soy and barbecue smoke as well as red and black currants characterize this brilliant effort, which has an expansive, full-bodied mouthfeel yet a sublime elegance and lightness of being. Dense ruby/purple, gorgeous purity and a long, long finish of close to 50 seconds characterize another brilliant effort from this classified growth in Pessac-Leognan. It should drink nicely for 25-30 years yet is surprisingly accessible even today."
- Item #: i_387629Bottle Size: 750mlWINERY NOTES:100% Chardonnay Crus : Le Mesnil-sur-Oger, Chouilly, Oiry Viticulture : Environmentally-friendly(organic fertilizers and treatments, mechanical procedures for the soils, aromatherapy, biodynamic principles) In the winery and cellar… Vintage : 2010 Vinification : Cuvées only (1st pressing), alcoholic fermentation at 17°C, malolactic fermentation, aged for 10 months in stainless steel vats. Bottled June 2011. 1997 bottles, 60 magnums Aging on lath : 7 years Dosage : 2 g / litre.
- Item #: i_377688Bottle Size: 750mlThis new to us grower-producer has created a most exciting terroir Champagne that perfectly showcases the ripe, broad demeanor for which the Chardonnays of Chouilly are prized. This then is a single varietal (Chardonnay), single harvest (2010), and single parcel Champagne. The Le Fond du Bateau lieu-dit was planted more than 50 years ago by Paul Pertois and is situated in the cru's best quadrant, i.e. south of the town directly east of the Butte de Saran on the northern border of Cramant. Environmentally-friendly vinicultural practices are employed in this vineyard including organic fertilizers and treatments, aromatherapy and biodynamic principles. The family intentionally reduces the vine's vigor and yields which results in enhanced aromatic concentration. This wine was fermented in stainless steel with malo and given 10 months to settle prior to bottling. Further complexity was achieved by seven years of yeast aging prior to disgorgement. While rich with a soft minerality, there is more than enough acidity to keep everything taught and focused through the extended finish. The flavor excitement and refinement exhibited in this superb bottling definitely make Pertois-Lebrun a name to watch.
- Item #: i_353790Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93+Wine Spectator: 95Vinous Media: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsVieille Julienne's Jean-Paul Daumen is unquestionably one of the most talented winemakers in all of France" - Jeb Dunnuck
Jean-Paul Daumen continues to make some of the purest wines in the appellation" - James Molesworth, Wine Spectator
The Chateauneuf-du-Papes across the board are monumental wines" - Jeb Dunnuck
We recently had the opportunity to purchase extraordinary Chateauneuf du Pape at very compelling prices. This includes several library vintages direct from the estate of Domaine de la Vieille Julienne including the fantastic Trois Sources and Hauts Lieux bottlings. We have long been fans of the wines from Vieille Julienne where 5th generation owner and winemaker Jean-Paul Daumen has propelled this estate into the elite of both Chateauneuf and the Rhone Valley. The reviews for the featured wines reflect the quality of the estate, the winemaking and the excellent vintages we were able to acquire.
Critics such as the Wine Advocate, Wine Spectator and Jeb Dunnuck heaped high praise on these wines. Each has a score of at least 95 Points and some top out at 98 Points. Make no mistake, these are world class highly collectible and age able wines which would be a welcome addition in any serious collector's cellar.
Farming Biodynamically, Daumen refuses to use herbicides, fungicides, fertilizers and chemical products. He uses indigenous yeasts only and his wines certainly reflect the purity of his approach.
Les Haut Lieux is a single plot on the highest part of this north-facing hill, just below the famous Mont Redon plateau. Here you find sandy limestone soils covered with a good amount of the galets stones. This site is the last to be picked as it is the highest in elevation an includes a good dose of the late-ripening, Mouvedre. This wine has more structure and is certainly capable of cellaring.
These wines from Vieille Julienne are delicious examples of what Chateauneuf du Pape can offer and would make excellent additions to your cellar. We are thrilled to offer all of these wines at the lowest prices in the country.
JEB DUNNUCK 95+ POINTS - "Even better and coming from miniscule yields of 18 hectoliters per hectare and vines located near the top of the estate vineyards, in the cooler terroirs, the 2010 Domaine de la Vieille Julienne Châteauneuf-du-Pape Les Hauts-Lieux is a blockbuster that delivers gorgeously rich and pure aromas of black and blue fruits, wild flowers, licorice, roasted meats, and edgy minerality on the nose. Despite the intensity here, this stays awesomely fresh, detailed, and delineated on the nose. The palate does not lose a beat either and is full-bodied, incredibly rich, and shows layers of texture and tannin structure. While the Les Trois Sources will be drinkable in a handful of years, this really needs 3-5 years or more to round into shape. It should have upwards of 15-20 years of overall longevity."
WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "Densely layered but racy in feel, with a strong graphite spine supporting rich raspberry compote, blackberry coulis and steeped plum notes. Lovely anise and black tea details add more nuance to the finish. The well-embedded grip suggests this should cellar nicely. Best from 2016 through 2030. 50 cases imported."
VINOUS 95 POINTS - "Bright purple. Sexy raspberry and blueberry aromas are complicated by candied floral and anise qualities, gaining spicecake and cola qualities with air. Sweet dark fruit liqueur flavors have excellent depth and clarity, with a vibrant mineral quality adding lift. Shows impressive power, sweetness and focus, finishing with outstanding clarity and lingering sweetness."