- Item #: i_353581Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 93**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2001 vintage was a late ripening one for the estate by an Indian summer like 1988 and 1997. The first wave of picking was between September 29 - October 4 and the final passage through the vineyard occurred on October 24. Delivering 132 grams-per-liter residual sugar and 13.88% alcohol, it has a limpid golden hue. The bouquet is very perfumed with beautifully defined Seville orange marmalade, Manuka honey and minerals all vying for attention. The palate is medium-bodied with a viscous entry, noticeable acidity (a total acidity of 5.3 grams) that lends this race, and a citric line that runs from start to finish. There is a resinous/waxy note developing on the ginger-tinged finish that lingers long in the mouth."
- Item #: i_351607Bottle Size: 750mlDecanter: 92
DECANTER 92 POINTS - "This delicious, fresh and precise white comes from the home estate of Pierre Lurton, managing director of Château Cheval Blanc in St. Emilion and Château d'Yquem in Sauternes. It has Granny Smith apple, pear and peach notes alongside apricot and nectarine juice with a hint of creaminess around the edges from ageing in oak barrels. Serve cold and pair with any type of seafood. The 65 hectare vineyard of Château Marjosse is HVE certificated and planted to 45% Semillon, 45% Sauvignon Blanc and 10% Muscadelle for the white wine."
- Item #: i_352758Bottle Size: 750mlDecanter: 93DECANTER 93 POINTS - "They have managed to get the Haut de Smith signature in this wine, and for me it is one of the most successful whites of the vintage in terms of accessibility and affordability. It has so much personality, showing grilled apricots and concentrated, rich citrus, with rosemary and sage edging and a mineral lick on the finish. The acidity gives persistency and lift, but it feels tame and under control. Harvested 24 August to 9 September, so at least 10 days earlier than usual. 50% new oak. An obvious buy for the vintage."
- Item #: i_353502Bottle Size: 750ml2nd wine of Domaine De Chevalier
The 2017 L' Esprit de Chevalier Blanc opens with aromas of lemons and lime, wet pebbles and wild thyme with white pepper hints. The palate is medium-bodied, elegant and fresh with a citrusy finish. A perfect white to serve with fish.
- Item #: i_353506Bottle Size: 750mlStraight out of the bottle the aromatics leap from the glass. Notes of pineapple and gooseberry mesh with capsicum and white pepper. On the palate, there is plenty of stone fruit, more than the nose might suggest. As a result, the acidity is mellow and refreshing.
- Item #: i_352620Bottle Size: 750mlStraw yellow in color, this wine offers aromas of fresh fruit with acidulated notes such as lemon. On the palate, it shows a round and fresh attack with an initial touch of lemon, followed by boxwood and grapefruit flavors which linger on a fresh finish of considerable refinement. Blend: 70% Sauvignon Blanc, 28% Semillon, 2% Muscadelle