- Item #: i_325554Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 921 1/2 Stars ChampagneGuide.net-"Compared to Agrapart's 7 Crus, this is both finer in texture and larger in body-you see the influence of grand cru terroir not only in finesse but in puissance as well. It's intensely chalky under the silky notes of pear, green citrus and guava, anchored by vibrant acidity, and it feels fragrant and flowery on the long finish, demonstrating a superb balance and focus. Last tasted: 11/13."-Peter Leim
- Item #: i_379709Bottle Size: 750MLJOHN GILMAN VIEW FROM THE CELLAR 92 POINTS-"It had been a few years since I last tasted a bottle of Agrapart’s lovely “Les 7 Crus” cuvée. The wine is really lovely, offering up a pure and complex bouquet of apple, tart pear, chalky minerality, citrus zest and fresh-baked bread. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied, focused and complex, with a lovely core, elegant mousse, fine focus and a very long, zesty and perfectly balanced finish. This is one lower dosage bottling that is drinking with style and grace in its youth. 2016-2030."
- Item #: i_376604Bottle Size: 750MLWINE SPECTATOR WEB 91 POINTS-"A lip-smacking Champagne that's sleek and linear up front, with pretty floral and spice accents and flavors of yellow plum, gingersnap biscuit, lemon parfait and mineral expanding on the refined palate. Drink now through 2019. 15 cases imported. (10/16)."
- Item #: i_325699Bottle Size: 750MLOf course, we are big fans of the taut, mineral-laden Chardonnay Champagnes of the Cote de Blancs and sell many excellent examples. However, while quite rare, outstanding Blanc de Blancs can also be produced from small islands of Chardonnay vines situated in that ocean of Pinot Noir known as the Montagne de Rheims. A great example is this Forest- Marie Blanc de Blancs which presents the genre in a deliciously accessible, dare we say, hedonistic, guise. This cuvee reveals developed aromas of apple pie and nougat which accurately presage its luxuriant, spicy apple and brioche-tinged palate. This is a true show stopper that works really well with or with out food and is a tremendousvalue to boot.
- Item #: i_325839Bottle Size: 750MLWINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS-"Chopped hazelnut, graphite and spice accents lace flavors of golden apple, biscuit and saline-tinged mineral in this finely balanced blanc de blancs. Offers a refined, lively mousse and a well-cut finish. Drink now through 2019. 250 cases made. (12/16)."
This Champagne comes from an old vines parcel (planted in 1964) of the Le Cotet vineyard which is situated on the steep slopes of Montgueux, a hill which has been called the "Montrachet of Champagne." In addition to having a desirable southeasterly aspect, Le Cotet boasts some of the deepest, oldest chalk soil in Champagne. Its soil also contains numerous outcrops of quartz that add a spicy component to its wines.
- Item #: i_325462Bottle Size: 750mlJOHN GILMAN 90 POINTS-"The new release of The Rare Wine Company’s “le Mesnil” Blanc de Blancs non-vintage Brut hails from the base year of 2013 and was finished off with a dosage of eight grams per liter. The wine offers up a fine, youthful bouquet of apple, tart pear, chalky minerality, bread dough and a touch of smokiness in the upper register. On the palate the wine is crisp and clean, fullbodied and focused, with frothy mousse, a good core and fine length and grip on the wellbalanced finish. This is very tasty juice that is drinking well out of the blocks, but will also age very nicely. 2016-2025+."
- Item #: i_325486Bottle Size: 750mlAs confirmed by Bertrand Lilbert, the Non-Vintage Blanc de Blancs we carry with the code L14 01, has a base wine composed of 60% 2010 + 40% 2011.
The non-vintage and vintage Champagnes have pin-point bubbles and intense aromas of lime,green apple, hay, and dried apricot. These are beautiful expressions of minerally Chardonnay,with elegance, subtlety, and gorgeous fruit that is not dressed up by excessively sweet dosages(5-15 grams of sugar is the range for brut, but chez Lilbert stays within 6-8g and their Champagne's pressure is lower than the norm). As Andrew Jefford observes in his book, The New France, This tiny 4-ha Cramant domaine is the source of some very fine and long-lived Blanc de Blancs madeby Georges Lilbert and his son Bertrand. The style is less soft, creamy, and flowery than the Blancde Blancs of most large houses might leave the drinker expecting: Cramant here has a taut, steely,rigorous quality....
- Item #: i_379358Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Disgorged in July 2018 with five grams per liter dosage, the 2014 Brut 1er Cru Blanc de Blancs Gastronome is showing beautifully, bursting from the glass with an expressive bouquet of ripe citrus fruits, Anjou pear, warm bread and fresh peach. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, fleshy but fine boned, with ripe but racy acids, a pretty core of fruit and an elegantly chalky finish."
- Item #: i_373500Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 90WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Moncuit’s non-vintage Cuvee Pierre Moncuit-Delos Blanc de Blancs Brut is typically a rich, powerful, crisp effort displaying notes of chalk dust, white peaches, subtle bees honey, brioche, and yellow plums. Medium-bodied with gorgeous as well as persistent effervescence, and a dry, fabulously pure, laser-like finish, it should be drunk over the next 3-4 years.90 Points Wine SpectatorThere's a richness to this fresh Champagne, with toast, apple pastry and crystallized honey flavors. This is enlivened by well-integrated acidity and hints of lemon zest and brine, with a minerally finish. Drink now through 2012. 150 cases imported."
JOHN GILMAN 91+ POINTS - "The new release of Pierre Moncuit’s non-vintage Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs (all from Mesnil fruit) is still a pretty young wine, but it has very good depth and plenty of nascent complexity and will really blossom nicely with a year or two in the bottle. The youthfully fine bouquet offers up scents of pear, delicious apple, incipient notes of pastry cream, chalky minerality, spring flowers and a delicate touch of lemon zest in the upper register. On the palate the wine is medium-full, bright and intensely flavored, with lovely, frothy mousse, fine focus and balance, crisp, beautifully-integrated acids, nascent complexity and fine length and grip on the elegant and still tightly-knit finish. This is not a bad drink today by any means, but it will really open up with another twelve to eighteen months of further bottle age. A fine bottle."
- Item #: i_376804Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93We have long been huge fans of Roederer’s Blanc de Blancs but it is always good to get confirmation from a higher source. Here are the words of Roederer Chef de Cave Jean-Baptiste Lecallion in an interview conducted by Champagne Warrior, Brad Baker. “Blanc de Blanc is essentially a Cristal in the Blanc de Blancs style. It sees a little less time on the lees and has less pressure in the bottle, but the same Chardonnay that goes into Cristal goes into the Blanc de Blancs. I think it is probably the best bargain in our range. Though as much as I love the Blanc de blancs, I think Cristal is usually better-due to the fact that it blends in top Marne Valley and Montagne de Reims vineyards...” The 2013 is svelte, crackles with energy and is a not-tobe-missed “classic” in the best sense of the word.
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Lemon curd and star fruit flavors provide a citrusy overtone to notes of apricot, biscuit and thyme in this well-knit, racy Champagne, which offers a lively bead and a subtle streak of salinity. Well-balanced and mouthwatering. Drink now through 2030."
- Item #: i_376522Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS- " Beautifully balanced and refined in texture, this displays exotic ground spice and floral accents to the flavors of poached white peach, Meyer lemon and candied ginger, with hints of pastry and honey. Offers a lasting, mouthwatering finish. Drink now through 2023. 2,917 cases imported."
- Item #: i_325578Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOOUND 92 POINTS - Not surpristingly, this is more elegant [than Cuvee Les Cles] with a greater emphasis on citrus and less on yeastiness and this pattern of more refinement at the expense of complexity continues onto the equally crisp and delineated flavors that possess a much more agressive mousse, indeed to the point that the attack is foamy, all wrapped in a delicious finish built on delicacy and finesse...
- Item #: i_378109Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 92Formerly from a parcel called Clos du Grand Pere, this blend is now a combination that includes 30% juice from Pierre Vaudon, which sist on the plain to the south of Avize. The vine age is still around fifty years. This edition is 40% 2011 and 60% 2012.
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS-"“... displays a deep, intense and yeasty-complex Blanc de Blancs bouquet of ripe and dried fruits, lemons, herbs, blossoms, hazelnut, caramel and chalky flavors... this is a full-bodied, pretty rich and matured Brut. However, it is also clear, silky textured and vivacious with a firm structure and a long, complex finish. ”