- Item #: i_379469Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92While Delphine Cazals's Clos is a stellar example of a single varietal, single vineyard Champagne, her "Cuvee Vive" showcases the blender's art. The current Cuvee Vive is based on the classically cool 2013 vintage. In addition to a small dose from the Clos in Oger, it is composed of three choice Le Mesnil-sur-Oger parcels: "Champ de Tir" (Shooting Field), "Le puit des Gaumes" and the famed "Chetillons". Given the pedigree of these sites, most winemakers would understandably produce a trio of very pricy single vineyard Champagnes. Instead, we are left with a top-shelf Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs that is priced way under the market. Note also that in recent years Delphine has lowered the dosage levels on Cuvee Vive which really emphasizes the brightness of the fruit.
WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Disgorged in March 2019 with three grams per liter dosage, the NV Extra-Brut Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru Cuvée Vive unfurls in the glass with scents of wet stones, iodine, lemon oil, crisp green apple and brioche. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, with a ripe core of fruit, racy acids and a penetratingly chalky finish. This finely balanced bottling is showing very well."
- Item #: i_374647Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - " The NV Brut Blanc de Blancs flows with the essence of lemon, white flowers, almonds and pears. It is a bright, focused wine backed up with considerable plushness and generosity in its fruit. The Blanc de Blancs should drink beautifully for a number of years."
- Item #: i_375258Bottle Size: 750ml100% Chardonnay from Ambonnay Grand Cru. Made and aged in 205 liters champagne Oak barrels. Tasting: A gorgeous crystalline gold colour, with green highlights. An extremely fine bouquet, with apricot,grapefruit and peach aromas. Palate: This exceptionally fresh champagne will be an ideal companion for summermeals.Or just to be tasted with our Blanc de Noir for a tremendous tasting that will reflect all the differences only made with the difference of grapes as they are worked exactly the same way. This champagne should be enjoyed either as a cocktail.
- Item #: i_379600Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS-Pol Roger's just-released 2013 Brut Vintage is a beautifully chiseled, incisive wine that will appeal immensely to purists. Unwinding in the glass with scents of citrus zest, white flowers, crushed chalk and hints of fresh sourdoughs, it's medium to full-bodied, racy and precise, with a nicely concentrated and tightly wound core, tangy acids and an elegant pinpoint mousse. After the rich, muscular 2012 vintage, the 2013 represents quite a contrast; I'm not sure we'll see its stylistic like again for some time, so readers with classically inclined palates will want to stock up—advice I'll be following myself."
- Item #: i_376804Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93We have long been huge fans of Roederer’s Blanc de Blancs but it is always good to get confirmation from a higher source. Here are the words of Roederer Chef de Cave Jean-Baptiste Lecallion in an interview conducted by Champagne Warrior, Brad Baker. “Blanc de Blanc is essentially a Cristal in the Blanc de Blancs style. It sees a little less time on the lees and has less pressure in the bottle, but the same Chardonnay that goes into Cristal goes into the Blanc de Blancs. I think it is probably the best bargain in our range. Though as much as I love the Blanc de blancs, I think Cristal is usually better-due to the fact that it blends in top Marne Valley and Montagne de Reims vineyards...” The 2013 is svelte, crackles with energy and is a not-tobe-missed “classic” in the best sense of the word.
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Lemon curd and star fruit flavors provide a citrusy overtone to notes of apricot, biscuit and thyme in this well-knit, racy Champagne, which offers a lively bead and a subtle streak of salinity. Well-balanced and mouthwatering. Drink now through 2030."