- Item #: i_374658Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90TERRY THEISE'S NOTES-"It's like the poster child for farmer fizz, the first white Ay. ..from a single vintage-2013 in this instance-[though]it is not a "vintage" wine. [Disgorged 07/17], it's one of the best editions of this wine, complex, animated almost to the point of brashness; mealy, jasmine and ginger, still a little angular but has a great future in store-in the 1-3 year range (not to mention the 35-40 year range), which you will infer from the long and savory finish."
- Item #: i_374661Bottle Size: 750MLJAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS-This has a bright rose-hip and pink-fruit nose with a gently chalky edge. The palate has beautiful strawberry fruits and is really fresh and focused. Great finesse here. Polished tannins. Rich and pure. Drink now. A blend of 2010 and 2011: 50% Meunier, 40% Pinot Noir and 20% Chardonnay."
- Item #: i_351595Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "A bright, fresh, mineral-driven style, with mouthwatering white pepper and rose petal notes gilding a core of damson plum and blood orange flavors. The long, sleek finish is mouthwatering. Drink now through 2030."
- Item #: i_352940Bottle Size: 750mlIn only a few years, Domaine Guiberteau has become one of the most sought after domaines in Saumur, their wines already stringently allocated and found in the best restaurants in France.
AB organic certification
Organic (since 2003) Vinification: 100% de-stemmed, indigenous yeasts, no new oak except Arboises (80% new) and Brézé (40%), no fining, filtration if needed.
- Item #: i_334203Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 92James Suckling: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 92 PointsJAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "A fresh, dark-cherry and stone nose with attractive purity of fruit here. The palate has a very succulent, quite grainy and deeply ripe feel with a super rich, concentrated and bold serving of ripe dark plums and blackberries. Impressive."
WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Baking spices, cola and raspberry notes all appear on the nose of the 2016 Chateauneuf du Pape. It's full-bodied and velvety, folding in hints of French roast and dark chocolate on the lingering finish. It should drink well for a decade or more."
JEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - "Lots of lavender, garrigue, peppery herbs, and rocking dark fruits emerge from the 2016 Châteauneuf-du-Pape. With medium to full body, ripe, polished tannins, and a great finish, it’s unquestionably an outstanding wine. It’s already hard to resist yet will benefit from 2-4 years of bottle age and cruise for a decade."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Solidly built, featuring cherry and plum paste notes, laced with stony minerality, tobacco and garrigue accents. This has grip but remains well-integrated, ending with subtle persistence on the cedar-tinged finish. Best from 2020 through 2030"
- Item #: i_367999Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93Burghound: 90The cellars of Champagne Guy Larmandier are located in the village of Vertus at the southern base of the Cote des Blancs. This estate owns 9 hectares of vineyards, all located within the Cote des Blancs and distributed amongst the Grand Cru rated villages of Chouilly and Cramant and the 1er Cru rated vineyards of Vertus and Cuis.
Harvest is conducted manually, the Champagnes are aged a minimum of 36 months on the lees and the Champagnes destined for the US market are disgorged on order and receive a minimal dosage so as to emphasize the purity and finesse of this special terroir.
- Item #: i_375687Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90A very light straw yellow color with lots of bubbles. The nose has light fresh bread, green apple, and a hint of orange. weet and succulent on the palate. Juicy apple. Creamy and warm. As it warms, it has an orange citrus feeling on the midrange. This stuff rocks.
- Item #: i_317706Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90PETER LEIM 2 STARS -"This is 82 percent Pinot Noir from Mareuil, Avenay Val d’Or, Bisseuil and Hautvillers, blended with 18 percent Mareuil chardonnay. Over half of the blend (53 percent) is reserve wine from 2013 and 2012, and with a trio of vintages like this, it’s no surprise that this is one of the finest editions of this cuvée that Hébrart has ever produced. Generous in body yet streamlined in shape, it’s marked by a silky texture and vibrant depth of fruit, offering both a strong Grande Vallée identity and sheer delicious appeal." Last tasted: 3/17
Importer Terry calls this THE unsung hero of his portfolio.
- Item #: i_374845Bottle Size: 750MLJOHN GILMAN 91 POINTS-"Serge Billiot farms five hectares in Ambonnay, with all of his vins clairs fermented in enamel-lined tanks and not undergoing malolactic fermentation. The cépages is always at least seventy-five percent Pinot Noir, with the balance of the blend made up of Chardonnay. The current release offers up a fine nose of peach, apple, fresh-baked bread, really lovely soil tones, blossoming notes of patissière and a topnote of dried flowers. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied and nascently complex, with a fine core, properly broad shoulders, frothy mousse and very good length and grip on the focused and still fairly youthful finish. This is quite tasty today, but there will be even more backend generosity here with a couple of years in the cellar. A fine example..."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "An elegant Champagne, featuring a firm, acidic frame, finely meshed with a detailed mousse and flavors of ripe apple, toasted raisin bread, fleur de sel, peach skin and star anise. Offers a lingering, chalk-tinged finish. Disgorged September 2014."
- Item #: i_334109Bottle Size: 750MLThe Gouges family has been vineyard proprietors in Nuits for generations and proprietors of the current domaine since 1919. Domaine Henri Gouges Bourgogne Rouge has a great color and a lovely Pinot nose. Very fresh and earthy on the palate, supple with roasted nut elements.
Allen Meadows - Burghound - "A fresh, cool and distinctly earthy array of red and dark currant precedes punch and sleek middle weight flavors that offer fine length. This is less rustic than it usually is and it's worth considering."
- Item #: i_325404Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 90TERRY THEISE +-"Yes, a plus. Shocked me too. This is 65% 2008, so maybe not so shocking after all. It’s unsurprisingly delicious, with ‘08’s silvery lift and a white-flower talc-y coolness. This is the best NV I’ve tasted here, and yes I did notice a small note of oxidation but I saw it as “antique” rather than decadent. And let’s remember: how many NV grower Champagnes have an 8-year old wine as the youngest year in the blend???"
- Item #: i_335640Bottle Size: 750mlNot technically a "grower-producer," everything Huré Frères does-from philosophy to farming to production-reflects a grower mentality. The operation was formed over a half-century ago by Jeanne and Georges Huré, who later handed it off to their three sons, and Huré Frères was officially born. Brothers Jean-Marie, Marc and Raoul successfully ran and expanded the business from 1971 until 2008, when Raoul's wine-educated and world-traveled sons, François and Pierre, took the helm. They are lovers of biodynamic principles and mirror a Burgundian mindset that you're guaranteed to notice in their bottlings. The firm's "introductory" Champagne abounds with appetizing aromas and flavors of cherries, plums and toasted bread that represent a cordial invitation to dinning pleasure and conviviality. It is a pleasing mix of 15% Chardonnay, 35% Pinot Noir, and 50% Pinot Meunier based on the 2013 harvest blended with approximately 30% of reserve wines from previous vintages. It was aged up to 36 months on the lees before being finished with a dosage of 8 grams/liter.
- Item #: i_378212Bottle Size: 750mlEdouard Labuyère, who owns an estate in Moulin-a-Vent, Château Rouget in Pomerol and is the majority shareholder in Domaine Jacques Prieur in Meursault, acquired two small estates in the Montagne de Reims Grand Cru town of Verzenay between 2010 and 2012. Both producers had previously sold the grapes from their grand cru sites to Dom Pérignon.
JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS-"Some quite chalky, stony aromas framed in bright red berries, this has impressive, fragrant appeal. The texture is super smooth, supple and even. Bright, strawberry and mineral finish. Drink now." (09/18)
- Item #: i_378602Bottle Size: 750mlJacques Defrance is headquartered in Les Riceys a quaint village nestled amidst the rolling hills of the Cotes des Bar half way between Reims and Chablis. Here for over a century four generations of the Defrance family have acquired and cultivated some of the area's best situated plots all the while learning more and more how get the best quality from their terrior. This valued-priced vintage Champagne is 50% Chardonnay and 40% Pinot Noir with a dosage of 8grams/liter. Harmonious and creamy on the palate with pleasing lemon curd, vanilla and ginger snap flavors. It is cast in a crowd pleasing style with excellent balance and good length.
- Item #: i_352802Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 92 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 92 POINTS - "In this crisp wine, acidity and tannins come together in a juicy mélange that has good potential. Red fruits are developing well, holding promise for the long-term. Drink from 2022."
- Item #: i_377045Bottle Size: 750MLVINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS-"The NV Brut Oeil de Perdrix is floral, resonant and super-expressive, the Oeil de Perdrix has so much to offer. The interplay of aromatic top notes and Bouzy richness makes for a compelling, open-knit Champagne that is an absolutely joy to taste. This is such a gorgeous and totally distinctive Champagne. I would prefer to give it at least a few more months in bottle, as it is a bit tight today, especially on the finish." Disgorged May 2019.
The orange-pink color of this “eye of the partridge” Pinot Noir-based wine historically was the hue of most Champagne made in Bouzy in the nineteenth century. (The wine’s singular hue is like the color of a partridge’s eye.) Pinot Noir grapes are macerated briefly to extract color then pressed. Pink roses, lavender, wild strawberry and pomegranate. Dosage under 6 grams/L.
- Item #: i_377044Bottle Size: 750MLA noble Champagne with the body of a red wine, almost chewy and very complex. A peachy blush in the glass reveals delicate bubbles. Wildflowers and strawberries on the nose; wild cherries wrapped in tender, buttery pie crust. Luscious and elegant.
- Item #: i_378902Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "Pretty strawberry, ripe cherry, lemon curd and pastry notes mix in this firm rosé, offering lip-smacking acidity, with smoke and chalk notes on the finish. Disgorged January 2013. Drink now through 2016."
- Item #: i_376514Bottle Size: 750MLANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS-"The NV (2015) Brut Nature Blanc de Blancs is once again one of the stars in the range, not to mention an absolutely insane value in the world of fine wine. Bright, sculpted and classy to the core, the 2015 dazzles from the very first taste. Citrus, mineral and floral notes abound in this super-expressive, finely-cut Blanc de Blancs. Crystalline and energetic, the Blanc de Blancs has so much to offer. The 2015 is a more than worthy follow up to the stellar 2013. Non-dosé. Disgorged: January 2018."
- Item #: i_337890Bottle Size: 750MLPure grand cru Chardonnay from the chalky, cool soils of Cramant in the Côte de Blancs. Lemon curd, lightly toasted brioche, green tea highlights. Long, savory and seductive; a captivating non-vintage wine that can age with the best of vintage bottles. Generally winemaker Michael Chauvet adds 30% reserve wine; aged for five years on fine lees. Dosage less than 9 grams/L.
- Item #: i_352590Bottle Size: 750mlLanson was one of the first brands to offer Rosé Champagne. In this respect, the House has over 50 years experience. Rosé derives its pink tint from the blending of the 3 classic grape varieties, Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier and Chardonnay. It is produced in the traditional way with a small amount of fine red wine made exclusively from Pinot Noir to give the wine its colour. This Lanson is composed of 50% Pinot Noir, 35% Chardonnay and 15% Meunier, with 7% Bouzy red added for color. Like all of Lanson's Champagnes, this Rose is fermented in stainless steel without malolactic fermenatation. The result is a lively pale pink Champagne that displays subtle berry flavors accented with hints of toast and nougat.