- Item #: i_353936Bottle Size: 750mlBen and his team carefully guide the vineyard work, for the most part carried out by the owners. Vines are plowed and are at least lutte raisonne´e, while many are organic or biodynamic. When Ben deems necessary, his team carries out green harvest themselves. All vines are harvested by Ben’s team and grapes are sorted at the winery in Beaune. Ben’s cuverie is fitted with state of the art equipment.
- Item #: i_353938Bottle Size: 750mlUsing roughly 30% whole bunches and 20% new oak, Leroux has sculpted a seductive Chambolle that opens with a measure of controlled flamboyance before segueing into something more suave, sappy and refreshing. Much like the Volnay, Vosne and Gevrey village wines, this is all class and is sold well short by the review below.
- Item #: i_352593Bottle Size: 750mlWINERY NOTE: This blend is almost exclusively from domain grapes. The lieux-dits are sprinkled throughout Meursault: Les Criots is on the Volnay side, Au Moulin Landin is in the center, Les Millerands is closer to Puligny, and the Bois de Blagny has a higher elevation (giving tension and minerality to the blend).
- Item #: i_353018Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The last vintage that will appear under the old Boisson-Vadot label is the 2016 Meursault Les Chevalières, a lovely wine that wafts from the glass with aromas of crisp yellow orchard fruit, orange oil, iodine and toasted nuts. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, firm and chiseled, with a tensile spine of acidity and a chalky, mouthwatering finish."
- Item #: i_350691Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOATE 93 POINTS - "The lovely 2017 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru La Maltroie reveals aromas of crisp green pear, honeycomb, fresh pastry and white flowers, followed by a medium to full-bodied, satiny but fine-boned palate that's elegant and precise. As I wrote last year, it combines some of the qualities of Chenevottes and Vergers."
- Item #: i_353239Bottle Size: 750mlOn the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied, focused and sappy at the core, with excellent soil signature, fine focus and grip, silky tannins and a long, beautifully balanced and still quite primary finish.
Aged in 10%-30% new French oak barrels.
Bottled without fining and usually without filtration unless the wine is cloudy.
THE 2017 CLOS DES CHÊNES FROM DOMAINE MOREAU IS ANOTHER OUTSTANDING BOTTLE IN THE MAKING. THIS WINE IS PROPERLY STILL YOUTHFUL ON BOTH THE NOSE AND PALATE, BUT SHOWS PLENTY OF PROMISE IN ITS AROMATIC CONSTELLATION OF CASSIS, SWEET BLACKBERRIES, BITTER CHOCOLATE, A COMPLEX BASE OF SOIL TONES, GAME BIRD AND A SMOKY TOPNOTE. ON THE PALATE THE WINE IS DEEP, FULL-BODIED, FOCUSED AND SAPPY AT THE CORE, WITH EXCELLENT SOIL SIGNATURE, FIEN FOCUS AND GRIP, SILKY TANNINS AND A LONG, BEAUTIFULLY BALANCED AND STILL QUITE PRIMARY FINISH. ALL THIS NEEDS IS TIME TO BLOSSOM!
- Item #: i_353244Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 90VINOUS 90 POINTS - "The 2018 Bourgogne Chardonnay, which had been bottled by the time of my visit, has a clean, precise apple blossom and citrus-scented bouquet that shows impressive definition for a generic white Burgundy. The palate is taut and fresh with a touch of bitter lemon on the entry, superb acidity and a saline finish. You will not find a better white Bourgogne Blanc in 2018."
- Item #: i_353240Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92-94VINOUS 92-94 POINTS - "The 2018 Chassagne-Montrachet Champs Gain 1er Cru, the smallest cuvée of the domaine, this year represented by two barrels, has a gorgeous bouquet of citrus lemon, almond flakes, nectarine and subtle praline aromas. The palate is very well balanced with a fine bead of acidity, sharing the same weight and density as the La Maltroye but leading to a slightly more mineral-edged, almost stoic finish. This will be fascinating to monitor in bottle."
- Item #: i_353921Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92-94VINOUS 92-94 - "The 2018 Chassagne-Montrachet Les Chenevottes 1er Cru has a beautifully defined bouquet of yellow plum, linseed and citrus lemon scents complemented by hints of pressed flowers; a suggestion of orange rind appears with aeration. The palate is beautifully balanced with a fine line of acidity, and quite spicy and energetic, revealing touches of pepper and even a dab of curry powder toward the long, complex finish. Another great success for Alex Moreau."
- Item #: i_353923Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91-93Vinous Media: 91-93WINE ADVOCATE 91-93 - "Bursting with aromas of ripe citrus, pear and mint that are framed by a deft touch of oak, Moreau's 2018 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru La Maltroie is medium to full-bodied, elegantly textural and precise. Racier than the more enveloping Chenevottes, it's also more tender and charming than the incisive Vergers.
VINOUS 91-93 - "The 2018 Chassagne-Montrachet La Maltroye 1er Cru has a slightly reserved bouquet that is less expressive than its sibling Chassagnes at the moment; fleeting touches of citrus lemon and smoke emerge with aeration. The palate is well balanced with a very saline opening that counters the richness on the midpalate. There is weight and power to this Maltroye, yet the acidity offsets that and leaves it feeling perfectly balanced, with a very long, spicy tail on the finish. Excellent."
- Item #: i_353241Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 90-92VINOUS 90-92 POINTS - "The 2018 Chassagne-Montrachet Village had been blended in July and fined three weeks prior to my visit. It has a delightful bouquet of orange blossom, tinned peach and touches of wild mint, quite intense for a Village Cru. The palate is taut, fresh and spicy on the entry, with touches of white pepper and fennel infusing the citrus fruit. An almost clinical saline finish lingers in the mouth. Superb."
- Item #: i_353924Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92-94Vinous Media: 93-95Decanter: 94VINOUS 93-95 - "The 2018 Chassagne-Montrachet Morgeots 1er Cru has a tight, backward, stony bouquet; Alex Moreau mentioned that he strove to pick at the right time to keep a sense of strictness. The palate is taut and fresh on the entry, with a fine bead of acidity. Elegant and refined, without the weight of the Champs Gain or La Maltroye on the midpalate, but conveying a sense of athleticism and poise on the saline finish and an exceptionally persistent aftertaste. Superb."
DECANTER 94 - "Based on heavier, clay-limestone soils than most of Chassagne's Premiers Crus, this plush, powerful white is made with fruit from Les Fairendes and slightly stonier La Cardeuse. Smoky, oatmealy and textured, with beeswax and kitchen spice aromas, a taut mineral core and a palate-coating finish. Alex Moreau calls this a 'wine to lay down' and he's right."
WINE ADVOCATE 92-94 - "The 2018 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Morgeot was one of the more reserved wines in the cellar when I tasted it, unwinding with notes of pear, peach, white flowers, mint and petrol. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, textural and precise, but needs time to fill out. Of course, that sense of reserve at this early stage is full of promise for the future."
- Item #: i_350690Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92-94Burghound: 90-92Vinous Media: 92-94Decanter: 94DECANTER 94 - "Alex Moreau's parcel of Les Vergers faces easy and sits on limestone-rich soils in the northern part of the village close to St. Aubin. This is a wonderful expression of the Premier Cru, aged in 20% new wood and combining understated power with chalky minerality, notes of vanilla spice and dessicated coconut and a long, mineral-fresh finish. Zippy and focused."
WINE ADVOCATE 92-94 - "With a finished pH of 3.19, the 2018 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Vergers is one of the raciest wines in the cellar. Exhibiting scents of almond paste, citrus oil and crisp green orchard fruit, it's medium to full-bodied, deep and chiseled, with a textural attack and lovely mid-palate volume, concluding with a long and precise finish."
VINOUS 92-94 - "The 2018 Chassagne-Montrachet Les Vergers 1er Cru has a more reserved and austere bouquet compared to the Clos Saint-Jean, featuring scents of dewy green pasture and mountain streams and more malic in style. The palate is very well balanced with a keen line of acidity, notes of lemon rind mixed with orange pith and a touch of white peach and a little tangerine toward the elegant finish, which brims over with energy. Alex Moreau mentioned that this has the higher acidity of his cuvées, and you can feel it (in a good way)."
- Item #: i_353926Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93-95WINE ADVOCATE 93-95 - "A new cuvée for Moreau debuts with the 2018 Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru, the result of an exchange in must from a proprietor with vines in Aloxe-Corton. Offering up aromas of green apple, white flowers, toasted nuts and iodine, the wine is full-bodied, deep and tensile, with a satiny attack that segues into a layered core that's framed by lively acids and chalky extract."
- Item #: i_353967Bottle Size: 750mlBernard Moreau’s ‘En Remilly’ never disappoints. This consistently delicious bottle oozes with flavors of green apple skin, lemon cream, brioche, and white flowers, marked by chalky, mineral-driven undertones and a touch of sweet oak. Full-bodied and lively, the wine remains balanced by zesty acidity and a grippy finish.
- Item #: i_353928Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 91-93 - "Produced from purchased grapes, the 2018 Volnay 1er Cru Les Santenots reveals aromas of plums and blackberries mingled with warm spices, smoke and peonies. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, ample and enveloping, with a layered core and succulent acids. This is a charming, inviting Santenots that will drink well young."
- Item #: i_345936Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 87-89The 2017 Fixin Les Clos comes from a climat close to the Marsannay border, from one parcel of 1.30 hectares consisting of vines from 10 to 90 years old. It sees 20% new oak. It has an engaging, quite exuberant bouquet of vibrant red fruit infused with hints of violet; the oak is deftly enmeshed.