- Item #: i_375873Bottle Size: 750ml70% Pinot Noir, 30% Chardonnay. 2010 base vintage with 50% reserves from 30 different years.
Pierre comes from a long line of wine growers (since 1610), following Leon, Henri and Paul who transmitted this passion which is so unique of Recoltant-Manipulants, those Champagne growers who bottle and sell their wines under their own labels. Backed by these traditions and experience acquired over the years, Pierre and his wife Sophie are now developing this know-how, keeping pace with technological advances, but always remaining in harmony with nature.
Our terroir is located on the edge of Montagne de Reims. Our village, Ambonnay, is a Grand Cru Village, only one of seventeen having earned this label of excellence. On the seven acres we cultivate with care, we create seven Grand Cru vintages. Thanks to this unique soil, out Pinot Noir black grapes and our Chardonnay white grapes express their full natural richness.
- Item #: i_376231Bottle Size: 750mlAs with all of Pierre Dethune's Champagnes this 2010 based Rose his made from his family's organically farmed plots all of which are situated within the Ambonnay Grand Cru. For his rosé, Déthune uses both the maceration (i.e. saignee) and blending methods: first, the Pinot Noir grapes undergo a short maceration, giving the juice a deep color that's close to a red wine's depth. To this reddish juice, Paul adds about 20 percent of Chardonnay, both to lighten the color and to add finesse to the blend. The result is a deeply toned salmon colored rose with a delicate effervescence that liberates a profusion of red fruit esters (cherries, raspberries, strawberries, and red currants). In the mouth this Champagne is certainly flush with red berry goodness but what is even more impressive is its detailed core of nougat infused chalk and spice. A memorable rose tailor-made for grand celebrations.
- Item #: i_352140Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "A crowd-pleaser, open-knit and lightly juicy, with a lively, frothy bead. Mixes white cherry, ripe apricot, pickled ginger and mineral notes, with a fresh, spiced finish."
- Item #: i_378777Bottle Size: 750mlHere is a regal mix of organically farmed Chardonnay from Cramant, Le Mesnil-Sur-Oger, Chouilly, Oiry, and Oger : five villages on the famous Côtes des Blancs with Grand Cru Classé status among the elite 17 (out of all of Champagne's 300 plus crus) that enjoy this distinction These are the fab five crus among which the firm's 20 acres of vines are distributed. The result here is a wine of finesse and precision with fresh, slightly saline flavors, that truly reflect the characteristics of its hallowed terrrior. In the glass the taster is treated to a silky, integrated effervescence that sets off a delightful, resonant play of lemon tinged Granny Smith apples, ruby red grapefruit, and blanched almonds. Here then is a pedigreed Blanc de Blanc that is sure to please the avid Champagne purist with a price that pleases as well.
- Item #: i_376943Bottle Size: 750mlWINERY NOTES-"Alphaël, angel of knowledge and light, embodies the pure expression of our Chardonnay Grand Cru: fresh and well balanced, with notes of citrus fruit. With its pale, golden aspect, and glints of emerald, it shimmers with a fine effervescence. The first nose, subtle and elegant, unveils notes of candied quince and a rich mineral essence. It then opens out into flavors of fresh fruit, such as peach, and light notes of orange zest. In the mouth, white flowers lead into the slightly roasted and gingerbread undertone of the finish."
Champagne Philippe Glavier is located in the Grand Cru village of Cramant in the Côte des Blancs. Philippe is a RM (Grower) who founded his winery in 1995 with 3 hectares of Grand Cru vineyards and married Véronique in 2000 who bought with her 1.4 hectares from her families' holdings from Grand Cru Côte des Blancs as well. With many small holdings spread over 47 different plots, this idea for the Gräce d'Alphael Non Vintage cuvée with the idea that these small plots will be picked at optimal maturity at harvest and separate microvinification to offer the possibility to make a single aromatic expression of Chardonnay, for each cuvée.
- Item #: i_373500Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 90WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Moncuit’s non-vintage Cuvee Pierre Moncuit-Delos Blanc de Blancs Brut is typically a rich, powerful, crisp effort displaying notes of chalk dust, white peaches, subtle bees honey, brioche, and yellow plums. Medium-bodied with gorgeous as well as persistent effervescence, and a dry, fabulously pure, laser-like finish, it should be drunk over the next 3-4 years.90 Points Wine SpectatorThere's a richness to this fresh Champagne, with toast, apple pastry and crystallized honey flavors. This is enlivened by well-integrated acidity and hints of lemon zest and brine, with a minerally finish. Drink now through 2012. 150 cases imported."
JOHN GILMAN 91+ POINTS - "The new release of Pierre Moncuit’s non-vintage Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs (all from Mesnil fruit) is still a pretty young wine, but it has very good depth and plenty of nascent complexity and will really blossom nicely with a year or two in the bottle. The youthfully fine bouquet offers up scents of pear, delicious apple, incipient notes of pastry cream, chalky minerality, spring flowers and a delicate touch of lemon zest in the upper register. On the palate the wine is medium-full, bright and intensely flavored, with lovely, frothy mousse, fine focus and balance, crisp, beautifully-integrated acids, nascent complexity and fine length and grip on the elegant and still tightly-knit finish. This is not a bad drink today by any means, but it will really open up with another twelve to eighteen months of further bottle age. A fine bottle."
- Item #: i_325595Bottle Size: 750MLJOHN GILMAN 93 POINTS-"Ployez-Jacquemart’s Extra Brut bottling of Passion is composed of a blend of forty-four percent Pinot Noir, thirty-eight percent Chardonnay and eighteen percent Pinot Meunier, with one-third of the vins clairs barrel-fermented (these wines do not undergo malo) and the other two-thirds raised in tanks. A quarter of each blend is reserve wines and the bottling spends four years aging sur latte prior to disgorgement. The new release of Passion offers up a complex nose of apple, patissière, complex soil tones, smoke, warm biscuits and a dollop of white flowers in the upper register. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied and beautifully balanced, with brisk acids, elegant mousse, fine mineral drive, just a touch of oak influence and a very long, focused finish. This is really superb bubbly, with real mid-palate depth and great energy on the finish." (07/17)
- Item #: i_353780Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 91JOHN GILMAN 92+ POINTS - "The new release of Ployez-Jacquemart Extra Brut non-vintage Rosé was disgorged in November of 2017 and is from the base year of 2014. The cépages is this cuvée’s customary fifty percent Chardonnay, thirty-seven percent Pinot Noir and thirteen percent Pinot Meunier, with ten percent of the Pinot Noir still red wine. The new version offers beautifully purity on the nose, wafting from the glass in a lovely mix of strawberries, a touch of tangerine, complex, chalky minerality, bread dough and a touch of rose petal in the upper register. On the palate the wine is bright, full-bodied and impeccably balanced, with lovely transparency, refined mousse, zesty acids and excellent focus, length and grip on the elegant and complex finish. This is more accessible out of the blocks than the base year 2013 version was at this point in its evolution last year, but I have the sense this will age just as long and gracefully. Just lovely Rosé."
- Item #: i_373782Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 89 POINTS-"Coulon's NV Brut Heri-Hodie is from a "réserve perpétuelle" and blends 60% Pinot Meunier with 20% Chardonnay and 20% Pinot Noir. The white-golden colored wine has a very delicate, elegant and fruity Meunier bouquet of red berries. The wine shows remarkable finesse and elegance on the palate and is perfectly round, delicate, very fruity and charming but dry and always stimulating. This is nearly dominated by its Meunier part. Dosed with six grams per liter, this is absolutely delicious and filigreed but with aromatic and well-structured length. So delicate and fruity! Bottled in April 2014 and disgorged in November 2017."
A Grower Champagne with incredibly giving with toasty aromas and a very delicate bead. At the same time, with enough full structure to carry you through a meal. It is especially fine for warm hors d'oeuvres and soft cheeses like St. André.
- Item #: i_325578Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOOUND 92 POINTS - Not surpristingly, this is more elegant [than Cuvee Les Cles] with a greater emphasis on citrus and less on yeastiness and this pattern of more refinement at the expense of complexity continues onto the equally crisp and delineated flavors that possess a much more agressive mousse, indeed to the point that the attack is foamy, all wrapped in a delicious finish built on delicacy and finesse...
- Item #: i_378976Bottle Size: 750mlVINCENT COUCHE "ELEGANCE" EXTRA BRUT CHAMPAGNE, FRANCE. 85% Pinot Noir, 15% Chardonnay. (Demeter Certified Biodynamic) Vincent Couche is one of the stars of the grower Champagne movement. Located in the Cotes des Bar, Vincent is also fully Biodynamic, a rarity not just in this region, but in all Champagne. His Champagnes are especially complex due to extended lees aging. Aged five years on the lees and bottled with no dosage, this Champagne is creamy, yeasty and complex, with focused mineralty and lots of length. Terrific!