- Item #: i_350440Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS: "Big and powerful, with loads of fruit and chewy tannins. Still just a baby. Full-bodied, with lots of structure and a long, long finish. Give it time.--'95/'96 Bordeaux retrospective. Best after 2010."
- Item #: i_333167Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96James Suckling: 96ROBERT PARKER 96 POINTS: "Composed of 70% Cabernet Sauvignon and 30% Merlot, the medium to deep garnet-brick colored 2000 Ducru-Beaucaillou charges out of the gate with flamboyant scents of baked black currants, raisin cake, prunes, Chinese five spice and eucalyptus plus touches of cigar box, new leather and cast iron pan. Medium-bodied, the palate is remarkably refreshing with all these decadent spice and dried berries layers coating the palate, textured by soft, powdery tannins, finishing long and mineral laced. Stunning!"
- Item #: i_334009Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94-96Wine Spectator: 95-98eROBERT PARKER 94-96 POINTS: "As one might expect, this is probably the dry white wine of the vintage. Composed of 70% Semillon and 30% Sauvignon Blanc, it shows no trace of its time spent in 100% new oak, but offers copious notes of lemon oil, orange blossom, honeysuckle, fig and grapefruit. The wine possesses a broad, full-bodied mouthfeel with great precision, freshness and length. Consume it over the next 30+ years."
WINE SPECTATOR 95-98 POINTS: "The pear skin, honeysuckle, chamomile and verbena aromas are all defined already, with an almost creamy feel to the core of white peach, lemon chiffon and macadamia nut notes. Shows remarkable depth and richness, with straw and brioche accents helping the finish glide along beautifully. A stunner, possibly the wine of the vintage. Sauvignon Blanc and Sémillon.—Tasted non-blind. Score range: 95-98" –JM
- Item #: i_333180Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96+ROBERT PARKER 96+ POINTS: "The 2010 is a quintessentially elegant, classic wine of Bordeaux – firm, rigid, perhaps slightly lighter than most of the other St.-Juliens, but stylish, potentially complex, and reminiscent of the style of the 1986, but more concentrated and powerful. It is a blend of 82% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Merlot and 8% Cabernet Franc with a normal pH of 3.56. It was raised in 75% new oak and the alcohol came to 13.7%. This wine displays loads of black currants, cedar wood and vanillin, but needs a good 7-8 years of cellaring, if not much longer. It should last for 30+ years."
- Item #: i_374257Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 97ROBERT PARKER 97 POINTS - "The plushest, most ostentatious and dramatic of all the Leovilles in 2000, this wine is already sumptuous, displaying some nuances in its huge nose of vanilla bean, black chocolate, jammy black cherries, cassis, and graphite in a flamboyant style. Opulent, savory, rich, and full-bodied, it is a head-turning, prodigious wine and a complete contrast to the extracted behemoth of Leoville Barton and the backward, classic Leoville Las Cases. The Poyferre’s low acidity, sweet tannin and an already gorgeous mouthfeel make it a wine to drink now as well as over the next 25 or more years."