- Item #: i_350690Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92-94Burghound: 90-92Vinous Media: 92-94Decanter: 90 to 95 point scoreDECANTER 94 - "Alex Moreau's parcel of Les Vergers faces easy and sits on limestone-rich soils in the northern part of the village close to St. Aubin. This is a wonderful expression of the Premier Cru, aged in 20% new wood and combining understated power with chalky minerality, notes of vanilla spice and dessicated coconut and a long, mineral-fresh finish. Zippy and focused."
WINE ADVOCATE 92-94 - "With a finished pH of 3.19, the 2018 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Vergers is one of the raciest wines in the cellar. Exhibiting scents of almond paste, citrus oil and crisp green orchard fruit, it's medium to full-bodied, deep and chiseled, with a textural attack and lovely mid-palate volume, concluding with a long and precise finish."
VINOUS 92-94 - "The 2018 Chassagne-Montrachet Les Vergers 1er Cru has a more reserved and austere bouquet compared to the Clos Saint-Jean, featuring scents of dewy green pasture and mountain streams and more malic in style. The palate is very well balanced with a keen line of acidity, notes of lemon rind mixed with orange pith and a touch of white peach and a little tangerine toward the elegant finish, which brims over with energy. Alex Moreau mentioned that this has the higher acidity of his cuvées, and you can feel it (in a good way)."
- Item #: i_345289Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 88-90Burghound: 89-92BURGHOUND 89-92 POINTS: "Plentiful wood and menthol scents serves as a less than subtle backdrop for the ripe and very fresh red and dark currant, sauvage and strong earth aromas. There is excellent richness to the full-bodied and overtly muscular flavors that possess fine power on the firm and palate coating finish. The somewhat rustic tannins are buffered by the abundant dry extract and the overall impression of this bold effort is one of a classic, indeed even old school, Vaucrains."
- Item #: i_334228Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Burghound: 91WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Rossignol had already bottled the 2017 Volnay 1er Cru Clos des Angles to capture its boisterous fruit, and the wine is undeniably lovely, soaring from the glass with aromas of rose petal, plums, raspberries and dark chocolate. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, satiny and succulent, with a gourmand core of fruit, melting tannins and lovely purity. It's already hard to resist."
- Item #: i_322619Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90-93Burghound: 89-91WINE ADVOCATE 90-93 POINTS: "The 2017 Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru Les Chaignots is superb, bursting with expressive aromas of cherries, violets, bergamot and grilled squab. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, velvety and supple with a layered core that entirely cloaks its fine structuring tannins in succulent fruit. This is an elegant, open-knit Chaignots which will offer a broad drinking window."
BURGHOUND 90-92 POINTS: "The proximity to the southern side of Vosne is in evidence as here the expressive nose of pure red and dark berry scents cut with warm earth is quite spicy. In the same fashion as the nose, there is a lovely texture to the lightly mineral-inflected medium-bodied flavors that evidence both fine depth and length. I like the balance and there is enough stuffing that this could be approached early but it should also have no trouble amply repay mid-term cellaring."
- Item #: i_345845Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93-95Burghound: 92-95 "SWEET SPOT, OVinous Media: 93-95Decanter: 90 to 95 PointsJOHN GILMAN 96 POINTS -"The 2017 Domaine Chevillon Vaucrains is deep, pure and supremely elegant out of the blocks this year, with the nose offering up a gorgeous aromatic blend of black cherries, pomegranate, dark chocolate, gamebird, woodsmoke, complex soil tones, a hint of nutskin and a bit of cedary new oak. On the palate the wine is very pure, full-bodied and the most reserved wine in the cellars today, with a rock solid core of fruit, exceptional transparency, ripe, perfectly integrated tannins and superb focus and grip on the very, very long and promising finish. The wine turns nicely sappy on the backend and shows off some of its future greatness."
DECANTER 95 POINTS -"Les Vaucrains is marked by its proximity to the combe at the southern end of Nuits-St-Georges, which gives the wine an added lift of freshness. Like Les St-Georges which abuts it, this is quite a firm, shuttered wine with an overlay of 30% new wood, good concentration, fine tannins and enough backbone and acidity to age."
WINE ADVOCATE 93-95 POINTS -"As usual, the 2017 Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru Les Vaucrains is the most structured, tight-knit wine in the Chevillon cellar, unwinding in the glass with aromas of cassis, dark chocolate and rich soil, framed by smoky new oak. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, richly tannic and concentrated, with imposingly broad shouldered structure and a deep, reserved core. Again, patience will be required and rewarded."
VINOUS 93-95 POINTS -"The 2017 Nuits Saint-Georges Les Vaucrains 1er Cru has a little more precision than the Les Saint-Georges on the nose: the terroir more articulated, greater energy conveyed by the aromatics. The pure, precise palate is beautifully balanced with filigreed tannin and an effervescent and very sustained finish that is pure class. This could well be the standout from Chevillon this year. A wine from the top drawer."
BURGHOUND 92-94 POINTS SWEET SPOT, OUTSTANDING! -"Relatively generous wood fights a bit with the otherwise cool and pure aromas of extract of cassis, plum, humus, earth and suggestions of the sauvage. As is usually the case chez Chevillon, this is a very powerful wine with imposing size and weight with fine mid-palate density thanks to the abundant dry extract that also helps to buffer the very firm tannic spine that really emerges on the beautifully long finale."