- Item #: i_322274Bottle Size: 750mlWith a forward nose of vivid fruits, from gooseberry to white peach and white grapefruit, melded with a touch of river water, lanolin and nougat, the palate on 1749 continued and expanded on the initial fruit-laden theme. Sweet yet almost tart, notes of star fruit, more gooseberry and white grapefruit merged with a lush mouthfeel, counterbalanced by good acidity to keep it clean and buoyant. Hints of apricots, orange blossoms and clover honey furthered the delicious depth on the palate. The finish is fresh and quick but with a lingering fruit essence and mixed floral touch that reverberates nicely.
This wine is perfect for the warm weather we’ve been having and has a classic Loire Valley profile with a nice dollop of New Zealand-esque citrus-- it’s balanced, clean, fresh, uplifting and clearly a worthy Hi-Time Wine of the Month. Enjoy!
- Item #: i_322154Bottle Size: 750MLWINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "A bramble- and bay leaf—edged version, with a mix of dark cherry and red currant fruit forming the core. Light singed tobacco and a fresh chalk threads line the finish. Long and refined, showing a lovely tug of earth at the end. Drink now through 2026."
Les Varennes du Grand Clos is a slope of siliceous clay and limestone that has proven its ability to yield complex Chinons that stand the test of time-old bottles from decades past are still in their prime. Farming is organic, and the wine ages for over a year in barrel before bottling. The trademark of Les Varennes is its finesse: while structure is certainly not lacking, there is a harmony to fruit, acid, and tannins that allows us to pull the cork today. Its earthy flavors pair perfectly with rustic French cuisine; try a beef stew or wild mushrooms for a guaranteed match.
- Item #: i_322561Bottle Size: 750MLFrom a ripe vintage comes this rich Chenin Blanc redolent of lanolin, pollen, ripe pear and quince over a base of wet stones. The richness in the mouth is cut but the rapier like acidity and the fruit is contrasted nicely by the crisp mineral notes.
- Item #: i_344231Bottle Size: 750MLBrézé is a unique site due to its relatively high elevation and eminently nuanced geological profile. The high composition of tuffeau, a porous, chalky limestone also used in the construction of much of the Loire’s Renaissance architecture, results in finely mineral Chenin Blanc. Clay and sand also lend themselves to the diversity of the terroirs, giving body to the reds and richness to the whites. With five historic and clearly delimited Clos to work with, the Lambert duo has the incredible opportunity to truly understand and reveal the distinctions within this extraordinary appellation.
- Item #: i_352282Bottle Size: 750mlThe legendary Didier Dagueneau changed the perception of Pouilly Fume. After his death in a plane crash in 2008, his son Louis Benjamin took the reins, and his years of working with his father led to a seamless transition. The Silex is among the greatest expression of Sauvignon Blanc in the world. The wine undergoes whole cluster fermentation, with varieties of native yeasts. Fermentation occurs in small stainless steel and oak barrels. After initial racking, the wine stays on the lees until bottling. There is no malolactic fermentation.
- Item #: i_311491Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90100% Sauvignon Blanc
A racy, aggressive Sauvignon nose of chalk and flint; round in the mouth with herbal notes and very fresh.
- Item #: i_345492Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS: "Racy and mouthwatering in feel from start to finish, with jasmine, ginger, peach, yellow apple and mineral notes that zip through in lockstep. Pretty honeysuckle accents gild the finish. Drink now through 2025."
- Item #: i_351796Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Piercing and pure, with pear, green apple and green almond notes carried by a sleek, minerally edge. Shows juiciness along the edges and flashes of honeysuckle and bitter almond in the background. Drink now through 2033."
- Item #: i_350578Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Green plum and verbena notes lead the way for now, with a flash of quinine on the finish. This is juicy, but still a bit compact overall, with the core of ample pear, quince and ginger flavors in reserve. Just wait for everything to knit together and stretch out, as the purity and length are there. Best from 2018 through 2028."
- Item #: i_333763Bottle Size: 750MLDomaine LEDUC-FROUIN was founded in 1873 and is now managed by Antoine Leduc, 4th generation Winemaker. Antoine was always destined to work in his 30 hectares family estate and he returned there in 1993 after doing his Oenology studies in Bourgogne and Bordeaux. Combining tradition and modernity, Antoine makes every effort to produce typical, local and subtile wines. .e diversity of the soils (falun, shale, clay) allows him to perform single vineyard winemaking like La Seigneurie".
With its brilliant garnet color, this wine has blackcurrant, blueberry, tobacco and spicy scents. Velvety and rich but well-rounded with soft tannins.