- Item #: i_344231Bottle Size: 750MLBrézé is a unique site due to its relatively high elevation and eminently nuanced geological profile. The high composition of tuffeau, a porous, chalky limestone also used in the construction of much of the Loire’s Renaissance architecture, results in finely mineral Chenin Blanc. Clay and sand also lend themselves to the diversity of the terroirs, giving body to the reds and richness to the whites. With five historic and clearly delimited Clos to work with, the Lambert duo has the incredible opportunity to truly understand and reveal the distinctions within this extraordinary appellation.
- Item #: i_345226Bottle Size: 750MLDecanter: 92DECANTER 92 POINTS - "The late Anne-Claude Leflaive bought this struggling biodynamic domaine in 2008. From 2ha of old vines, Grolleau – normally used in bland rosés – is taken to another level: bright acidity lifts crunchy pomegranate fruit, with spice and texture from 18 months in old Leflaive barrels."
- Item #: i_352097Bottle Size: 750mlThere are few winemakers in history as bullish or brazen, roguish or renegade, as the Loire Valley's Didier Dagueneau. High-standards, incredible risk-taking, impeccable attention to detail, zealous allegiance to his terroir, and a willingness to take a stand against convention made this once-professional motorcycle sidecar racer the stuff of legends.
However dare-devilish in both winemaking and in life, Didier's untimely death in a plane crash in 2008 shook the wine community to its core. Fortunately for all who love Didier's wines, his oldest son, Louis-Benjamin, is now steering the domaine with the audacity, passion and talent that many critics and wine-lovers agree equal those of his father.
Famous in the Loire and throughout the world for perfumed Sauvignon blanc, Pouilly-Fume sits due east, across the Loire River from Sancerre. Limestone soils with clay and flint (also called silex) contribute to the wines' freshness and often times smoky, flinty, mineral character.
- Item #: i_352291Bottle Size: 750mlFrom the single vineyard Buisson Menard, renamed Renard (fox in French) to get even at a wine critic who had mistakenly named it that way while criticizing Didier Dagueneau, this wine is vibrant and crisp, with firm acidity and flavors of pear, citrus and herb. Great minerality and raciness in the finish, with some hints of melon and vanilla.
- Item #: i_353772Bottle Size: 750mlDagueneau are renowned for being one of the most innovative estates in the Puilly-Fumé appellation, pushing the boundaries of winemaking to obtain superb results with Sauvignon Blanc. Only very tiny allocations of this wine are available, so grab them while you can. Citrus and grapefruit aromas dominate with a tinge of smoky gunflint; beautiful texture and roundness.
- Item #: i_354178Bottle Size: 750mlCrochet is a fairly common name in Sancerre: there is Lucien, there is there is Robert, there is Gillles, and now Francois, a talented young winemaker who trained in Bordeaux and in New Zealand and who now runs his own winery with his wife Carine. He has already gained a reputation for producing some of the most refined, exciting wines in Sancerre. His red is 100% Pinot Noir, aged partially in barrels and partly in stainless steel; concentrated and with great depth, it offers well-balanced bright cherry flavors with underlying minerality.