- Item #: i_352672Bottle Size: 750mlBIODYNAMIC
Jean-François creates a stunning number of cuvées, ranging between thirty-five and forty every year! His methodology goes far beyond the details of the average vigneron. For some, his process would be maddening, as each cuvée calls for a highly individualized élévage. Jean-François is committed to minute doses of sulfur, so low in fact, that many fear it hurting the wines during transport.
Aged 10 months in conical wood tank
2017 vintage: 50% Pinot Noir, 50% Pinot Gris, 70 years, clay, limestone
- Item #: i_352676Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of two vintages 2016 Chardonnay, aged 2 years in barrel 2017 Aligoté, aged 1 year in barrel
BIODYNAMIC - NATURAL WINE
- Item #: i_353814Bottle Size: 750mlBurgundian Pinot Noir with a Ganevat twist? You bet. Fruit for this impeccable wine comes from Fred Cossard (Volnay) and is vinified in oak by the Ganevats in the Jura. Earthy notes of red fruit, earth, and sweet spice lead to a thirst-quenching finish. This wine is the holy grail for lovers of chillable reds, natural wine, and the Burgundy/Jura regions in general.
- Item #: i_353423Bottle Size: 750mlCaves Jean Bourdy is one of the oldest domaines in the Jura, owned by the Bourdy family for 15 generations since 1475 in the village of Arlay. The Domaine is now run by brothers Jean-Phillipe and Jean-François, the 15th generation of winemakers at this estate.
The Domaine was certified biodynamic in 2006. The combination of some of the best terroir in the Jura and careful and patient winemaking results in wines that thoroughly express the land on which it is grown.
- Item #: i_352986Bottle Size: 750mlORGANIC AND BIODYNAMIC
Trousseau is an old variety of red wine grape originating in eastern France.
he Côtes du Jura AOC is famous for its wide range of traditionally-styled wines made from varieties you might not encounter in other places (Poulsard or Savagnin, anyone?). But today’s wine is proof that some producers are dedicated to pushing the boundaries and revitalizing ancient traditions. In doing so they’re not just making great wine, they’re bringing new life and flavors to a historic region.
- Item #: i_345346Bottle Size: 750MLGuillaume D'Angerville became obsessed with the Jura after a sommelier in Paris poured him a glass of Tissot Chardonnay blind and he was very impressed, believing that it was a Burgundy. This sent him off on a five year search to find a choice location in the Jura. He consulted with a well-known geologist to find ideal vineyards. In the end, he and Francois Duvivier purchased two domaines, one with well tended vines and another where the vineyards were in need of some rehabilitation. At Chateau Chavanes in Montigny-les-Arsures, they created a state of the art winery surrounded by 5 hectares of biodynamically farmed vines that had been impeccably replanted 10 years prior by former owner Francois de Chavanes. The domaine is supported by an additional 5 hectares of chemically-free vines formerly farmed by Jean-Marc Brignot at a site of high-quality geology and exposure. He named it Domaine du Pélican, a reference to the pelican on the crest of the city of Arbois. All of Pélican's wines are currently made in a topped up, non-oxidative style.
- Item #: i_353662Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine du Pélican has been farming 'En Barbi' for almost a decade. This extremely special plot is so rich in limestone that it actually looks white! This chalky and mineral-driven Chardonnay oozes with flavors of ripe yellow fruit, chalk, green apple, and toast. This small-production cuvée is a must-have for lovers of Jura, Chardonnay, and all things Marquis d'Angerville.
- Item #: i_345347Bottle Size: 750MLGrand Curoulet' is undoubtedly one of the best terroirs in Arbois. Domaine du Pélican's holdings here comprise five hectares, most of which are 60+ years old. This unoxidized and oak-fermented wine shows flavors of juicy apricot, pear skin, orange marmalade, and earth spice.
- Item #: i_351717Bottle Size: 750mlThe green, rolling landscape of the Jura is a sight to behold, and the perfect picture of how a mountainous region nestled in between Burgundy and Switzerland should appear in the mind’s eye. Importer note: Blend of 2/3 unfermented must of Savagnin and 1/3 Marc of Savagnin. Aged in barrel for 8 years before bottling.
Here is a brilliant example of a fortified wine that will dazzle disciples of the style while also impressing the uninitiated. Perfect as a digestif, just one sip of this remarkably complex Macvin is enough to inspire the emotions normally associated with tasting a great wine.(Kermit Lynch)
- Item #: i_352681Bottle Size: 750mlThe Wine Advocate: “A white I had not encountered for a while made its comeback in the 2016 Côtes du Jura Cuvée Oregane, a blend of Chardonnay and Savagnin from vines planted in 1963 and 1969 that often has an herbal, oregano-like nose (hence its name)
- Item #: i_352679Bottle Size: 750mlGrands Teppes is produced from old vines – planted in 1920 – and is characterised by its great tension and power. Fruit-forward on the nose (especially lemon, apricot and peach) with chalky notes.
- Item #: i_351718Bottle Size: 750mlJean-François Ganevat. An icon of natural wines and an ambassador for this superb viticultural region, he is a master of biodynamics and a great defender of forgotten grape varieties.
The En Billat cuvée offers aromas of red berries, slightly spicy and floral notes and the palate displays a dense and silky texture, with very fine grain tannins.
100% Pinot Noir
- Item #: i_352906Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleBIODYNAMIC
Jean-François Ganevat is a master of his craft, one of the true magicians of the eclectic. To say that his grapes are spun A "sélections des grains nobles" of Savagnin though SGN is not officially recognized in the Jura o 250 grams RS
- Item #: i_322361Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker Notes - Fully ripe grapes, brilliantly judged use of wood, and delicate use, too, of controlled oxidation to create what Guy calls “une petite inflection noisette” (“a little hazelnut nose”) are all hallmarks of the domaine’s wines, the consistency of which is impressive for such a cool-climate vineyard region.
- Item #: i_353815Bottle Size: 750mlLes Chalasses comes from the oldest vines of Chardonnay in the domaine which were planted close to an entire century ago! As you'd imagine from vines of this maturity it is a case of quality over quantity - the yields are microscopic, resulting in a wine of rare expression. Noted as one of the more powerful of the Ganevat Chardonnays, it is arguably one of the most age-worthy too.
- Item #: i_353821Bottle Size: 750mlThis rich and vibrant Chardonnay hails from 80-year-old vines in the Côtes du Jura and ages for three years on its fine lees in large barrels. Notes of yellow apple skin, tart pears, flint, and a touch of honey dominate the wine’s energetic palate. This is natural Chard in one of our favorite forms.
- Item #: i_353817Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 92 - 93 POINTS
The Trousseau 2018 Plein Sud feels light and has a delicate nose of cherries with an earthy hint, and I was surprised to find out that is has 15% alcohol. This comes from the biotype of Trousseau called à la Dame, which has looser bunches and is generally accepted as better quality.
- Item #: i_353266Bottle Size: 750mlPRACTICING ORGANIC
Produced from vines averaging 45 years of age, the wine soars from the glass, a storm of ripe green apples, freshly blasted quarry, and musky honey. The palate is both firm and expansive, with a generous pinch of telltale Jurassic salt lengthening the complex, penetrating flavors of greengage and candied lemon. Emeric’s “partial sous-voile” approach shows in the wine’s gently oxidative edge—one that bows to the veil without making a virtue of it. For such a bold and assertive wine to remain so straightforwardly delicious is a difficult balancing act.
- Item #: i_353267Bottle Size: 750mlNotes from the Importer: "Emeric’s lengthy tenure under Puffeney shows especially strongly in his treatment of the indigenous red grape varieties of the region. Whereas many growers here emphasize the thin-skinned, gentle nature of Poulsard and Trousseau, producing delicate, pale wines of wispy tannins and almost rosé-like fruit character, Emeric-like Jacques before him-produces firm, bold red wines proud of their structure and deeply evocative of their limestone-dominated terroir. As an example, the lifted, expressive 2016 Poulsard displays enchanting sandalwood aromas, bursting with black cherry and freshly turned earth, again toeing the line of appropriate volatile acidity in the most appealing possible fashion. The wine’s unabashedly dense structure-the result of a three-week cuvaison-promises great rewards for those willing to wait a few years, though it will undoubtedly dazzle right now, especially at the table."
- Item #: i_377704Bottle Size: 750mlMade from low-yield vines planted on the lower slopes of the Jura Mountains in far eastern France, this 100% Chardonnay bubbly is exceedingly fresh and crisp. It is crafted via the classic Champenoise process and was aged for 30 months on its lees. This long rest is necessary for the resulting delicate mousse, fine texture and pleasing autolytic aromas. A whole lot of flavor interest and soul for the money!
- Item #: i_353546Bottle Size: 750mlThis is a Pinot Noir that will shine with food. The wine has enough power and structure to pair wonderful with heavier dishes such as roasts and stews. Try it and you will be amazed by the juicy, delicious flavors this wine brings to your dinner.