- Item #: i_350312Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91-93WINE ADVOCATE 93 + POINTS: "The 2016 Lirac Domaine du Clos de Sixte is a terrific wine, easily the rival to many Châteauneufs from across the river, starting with its alluring aromas of flowering garrigue and ripe cherries. A blend of 50% Grenache, 35% Syrah and 15% Mourvèdre, this full-bodied wine is lush and concentrated on the palate, then turns velvety on the long finish. I'd treat it like a Châteauneuf du Pape in terms of cellaring: hold it for a few years, then drink it over the next 15. - Joe Czerwinski" - Robert Parker's Wine Advocate (Issue 233, October 2017), 93+ pts
Alain Jaume Domaine du Clos de Sixte Lirac is made from 50% Grenache, 35% Syrah, 15% Mourvedre
- Item #: 345737Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94eROBERT PARKER 96 POINTS: "Only produced in top vintages (this is the first since 2012), the 2015 Cornas Vieilles Fontaines comes from 80-year-old vines within the La Fontaine lieu-dit. It's a tough wine to evaluate at this stage, as it's quite closed and reticent on the nose, showing some crushed-stone notes and typical granite-based austerity, but on the palate it shows great purity of fruit and vigor. It's full-bodied but tight-laced, focused on driving through the long finish like a thoroughbred down the stretch. Give it at least 5 years in the cellar"
- Item #: 351699Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "Rich, deep and layered, the 2015 Cornas Vieilles Vignes has it all. Big fruit allied to spicy complexity? Check. Ample tannins that are fully ripe? Check. A finish that extends for days? Check. Oh, you want details? Hints of brown sugar, savory spices and roast meat accent black berry and plum fruit, and while the mid-palate is dense and tannic, those tannins actually turn more supple and approachable on the lingering finish."
VINOUS 94 POINTS - "Brilliant purple. A highly perfumed bouquet displays ripe, mineral-tinged black and blue fruit, potpourri and incense qualities. Fleshy and expansive on the palate, offering densely packed yet energetic boysenberry, candied licorice and violet flavors enlivened by an undercurrent of juicy acidity. Smoothly blends richness and finesse and closes extremely long and youthfully tannic, leaving behind sexy floral pastille and dark berry liqueur notes."
- Item #: i_345889Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "It’s a lush, medium to full-bodied wine bursting with ripe blackberries and blueberries. No, it doesn’t have the peppery spice of Syrah from the northern Rhône, but it does have enough cola-like spicy complexity to warrant an outstanding rating."
- Item #: 322057Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 95VINOUS 93 - 95 POINTS - "Brilliant purple. Powerful, mineral-tinged cherry and blackberry scents, along with notes of bacon fat, licorice, potpourri and pungent flowers. Pure, concentrated and energetic on the palate, offering deeply concentrated black and blue fruit flavors that gain weight and become sweeter with air. Closes extremely long, sappy and sweet, juicy acidity adding lift and cut to the blue-fruit-dominated, youthfully tannic finish."
WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "Solidly packed, with a bramble-edged core of dark plum, bitter cherry and black currant fruit, inlaid with bay leaf and savory notes. The serious chalky grip through the finish will need some time to stretch out. Shows terrific interplay between the grip and fruit."
- Item #: 350626Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92James Suckling: 94JEB DUNNUCK 96 POINTS - "The 2015 Cornas Renaissance is sensational, and in the same league as the 2010, although it's made in much more forward, sexy and seamless style. While from the younger vines of the estate, we're still talking about 40- to 50-year-old vines, primarily in the Les Sabarotte and Geynale lieux-dits, made in the exact same way as the grand vin. Offering full-bodied richness, moderate acidity, and incredibly polished tannin, it's as drinkable as it gets, yet has plenty of muscle and fat. Huge notes of black cherries, blueberries, scorched earth, pepper, and game literally soar from the glass of this opaque purple/ruby colored gem that can be enjoyed anytime over the coming 20 years or more."
VINOUS 94 POINTS - "Bright purple. Heady, mineral-accented aromas of boysenberry, cherry cola, violet and olive paste; a smoky nuance expands in the glass. Palate-staining black and blue fruit flavors pick up notes of star anise and candied flowers as the wine stretches out. Powerful but surprisingly energetic, finishing with excellent clarity and sneaky tannins that emerge slowly."
WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The 2015 Cornas Renaissance is a blend of two young-vine (under 25 years of age) parcels with a bit of Sabarotte to bind them together. It
- Item #: i_351780Bottle Size: 750mlLocated at the foot of the village of Rasteau between the towns of Orange and Vaison-la-Romaine, Domaine Beau Mistral is comprised of 28 hectares (70 acres) covering several appellations from the southern Rhône Valley and is rightly situated next to such famous crus from the region such as Châteauneuf du Pape and Gigondas.
After being passed through destemming machine, the grapes are added to tanks where the temperature is closely monitored throughout the fermentation, which lasts several weeks. Pumping-over and some gentle punching-down take place in order to preserve the wine’s fruit and suppleness.
Ageing: 100% in tank.
Food pairing: This wine pairs exceptionally well with red meats and dishes such as roasted veal with morel mushrooms, herb-crusted ribs and cheeses.
WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "With its complex aromas of spice and red fruit, the 2016 Cairanne Les Garrigues is a knockout. Plus, it's medium to full-bodied, plump and succulent, with supple tannins and terrific freshness. It never seems heavy or alcoholic. Drink now to 2025."
- Item #: 350579Bottle Size: 750ml100% Syrah.
The powerful nose is showing black pepper, blackberries and subtle violet flavours. The taste is full-bodied and dense, with silky and firm tannins. It could be paired with lamb, beef and spicy dishes as well as a great array of strong cheeses. It could be cellared for more than 15 years or enjoyed in its youth by decanting for at least an hour before serving.
Domaine Gripa has named their top Saint Joseph cuv
- Item #: i_351683Bottle Size: 750mlDECANTER 94 POINTS -"Alive with peppery freshness and herbal bitters, rosemary and thyme. Full-bodied, very fresh and lively on the palate, with sculpted fruit and tannin, and a discreet bitter saline twist on the finish. It's very well balanced, and deeply savoury and herbal. Drinking Window 2019 - 2026."
- Item #: i_345550Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "One of the more polished, sexy examples of the cuvee, the 2015 Côtes du Roussillon Villages Latour de France Occultum Lapidem checks in as a blend of 50% Syrah, 40% Grenache and the balance Carignan and Mourvèdre, aged all in concrete tanks. It boasts killer notes of black raspberries, cassis, pepper and licorice, with just a hint of chocolate appearing with time in the glass. This medium to full-bodied, layered and beautifully textured red is an incredible value and will be impossible to resist over the coming 4-5 years, and I'm sure it will keep even longer."
- Item #: i_351858Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94-96The wines from Domaine de Bila Haut are undoubtedly some of the greatest values coming out of France. In a region increasingly known for producing crowd-pleasing wines at fantastic prices, these stand out. This is a project from well-known Northern Rhone producer Michel Chapoutier. The Chapoutier team takes full advantage of the abundant sunshine and lower land cost of the Roussillon to deliver an incredible value.
The deeply fruited Rhone blend, L'Esquerda delivers the goods with lush, perfectly ripened grapes showing off what this legendary producer is capable of. L'Esquerda showcases the stunning quality of the 2016 vintage with uncommon depth and complexity. The Wine Advocate awarded this a potential score of 96 Points and stated "there are not many values like this out there today."
This outstanding wine is based on Syrah and Grenache grapes sourced from granitic soils. The term, "L'esquerda" is derived from Catalan and means "the fault in the rock." The result is a faithful expression of the personality and identity of a region which provides great pleasure.
This wine from Bila Haut by Chapoutier is a no-brainer which over-delivers at a fantastic price. It is a great wine to stock up on and would make an excellent purchase by the case.
WINE ADVOCATE 94-96 POINTS - "Sporting a deep purple—almost blue—color, the sensational 2016 Cotes du Roussillon Villages Lesquerde l'Esquerda has a northern Rhône-like minerality as well as notes of classic black and blue fruits, crushed flowers, ozone and licorice. Made from 60% Syrah and 40% Grenache, all from granitic soils, it’s a rich, structured, full-bodied and age-worthy red that will drink nicely through 2026. The quality of this release continues to soar and there are not many values like this out there today."
- Item #: 333779Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94-96Wine Spectator: 94Vinous Media: 92-94eROBERT PARKER 94-96 POINTS: "The blockbuster styled 2015 Châteauneuf du Pape A La Gloire de Mon Grand-Père (98% Grenache and 2% Cinsault) put a smile on my face and offers full-bodied, layered, decadent notes of kirsch, blackberries, dried stones/earth and lavender. It’s a big wine, yet stays balanced, silky and even elegant on the palate, with notable tannic grip. It will keep for 15+ years."
- Item #: 350505Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93-95Wine Spectator: 94Vinous Media: 93-95James Suckling: 94ROBERT PARKER 93-95 POINTS: "The old vine cuv
- Item #: 351838Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 96+ POINTS - "The finest Cote Rotie Chapoutier has produced since 1991, the dense purple-hued 2003 Cote Rotie La Mordoree reveals a sumptuous perfume of new saddle leather, barbecued meats, herbs, black raspberries, and creme de cassis. This stunningly concentrated, full-bodied, rich wine takes Cote Rotie to a new quality level. Sadly, there are only 330 cases of this elixir. It can be drunk young or cellared for 15-20+ years."
WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Thick and heady, with bittersweet chocolate and bacony toast covering the core of black currant and blackberry fruit. Large-scaled and very backward right now, with only flashes of fruit and minerals on the densely structured finish."
- Item #: 350498Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 95VINOUS 92-94 POINTS: "Bright purple. A complex, expansive bouquet evokes candied dark berries, olive, smoked meat and incense, and floral and mineral notes build steadily. Sweet, focused and penetrating on the palate, offering sappy boysenberry, cherry and violet pastille flavors braced by a spine of juicy acidity. Impressively blends concentration and energy and finishes with impressive, gently tannic persistence."
- Item #: i_350313Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "The 2016 Lirac Cuvee Reservee (that's the American label, elsewhere it's just labeled Lirac), a blend of 50% Grenache, 30% Syrah, 10% Mourvèdre and 10% Cinsault, is a terrific value for consumers looking for an authentic Southern Rhône. It’s medium to full-bodied, with scents of ripe cherries, licorice and cracked pepper. The tannins are a bit firm, but they add a pleasantly rough edge to the long, spicy finish. Drink it over the next 5-6 years."
- Item #: 322192Bottle Size: 750MLBright and intense ruby color robe. The nose has a very pleasant complexity, opening on notes of grilled mocha, menthol and clove. When moved, it releases fresh scents of red fruits and scrubland. The palate is well-balanced, the attack is strong and fresh. It is followed by a very wide and complex structure. The tightly knit tannins are definitely present but in a noble way. The finish is lasting and slightly woody. This wine will develop hints of chocolate and leather after aging 5 years.
- Item #: i_350568Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 89ROBERT PARKER 89 POINTS: "Even Saint Cosme's "lowly" 2016 Cotes du Rhone looked good on my recent visit. It's mostly Syrah, blended from vineyards in Vinsobres and the Gard, offering lovely floral and peppery aromas, dark fruits, medium to full body and a softly dusty finish. It should drink well for 6 years."
- Item #: 349955Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92-94Wine Spectator: 96WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS: "This is tightly coiled, with intense raspberry and cherry reduction notes waiting to unwind, but held in check for now by myriad licorice, iron, rooibos tea and singed alder details. Shows terrific cut and tension through the finish, revealing a blaze of minerality. Just needs some time to harmonize fully."
- Item #: i_349978Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS: This has an intense core of crushed plum, raspberry and boysenberry fruit flavors, draped with melted licorice notes and backed by a wave of warm fruitcake. Hedonistic for sure, but accents of anise, violet and singed apple wood dart around, adding extra facets of intrigue to hold your attention. Grenache and Mourvèdre.
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS: The 2015 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Renaissance is a gem and as always is a 60/40 split of Grenache and Mourvèdre brought up in demi-muids and smaller barrels (one-third new). Blackcurrants, blackberries, wine marinade, licorice, and pepper all emerge from this opulent, incredibly sexy beauty that has full-bodied richness, sweet tannin and more mid-palate depth and richness than most. It’s going to need 3-4 years of cellaring to hit its stride and last for 15+. (10/2017)
- Item #: i_349977Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 97WINE SPECTATOR 97 POINTS - "This delivers a lush, enticing blast of cassis and raspberry and boysenberry preserve flavors, carried by a silky structure that lets the fruit play out at length, giving adequate time for black tea, singed apple wood, dried anise and fruitcake notes to fill in throughout. Dreamy. Grenache. Best from 2020 through 2040."
- Item #: i_350488Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 92WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Possessing a lit bit of a Cote Rotie-like bouquet of sweet raspberry, peach pit, violets, vanilla bean and mint, the 2009 Heloise is gorgeous and seamless on the palate, with medium to full-bodied richness, ultra-fine tannin structure and a light, graceful and elegant texture that carries through the finish. Made from 60% Syrah, 36% Grenache and 4% Viognier, all of which spent 18 months in barrel, it's already drinking beautifully, and while I see no reason to delay gratification, this beauty will have 10-15 years of longevity."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "This has heft and cut, with blueberry, plum and black currant fruit. Charcoal and graphite notes impart spine, driving everything through the violet- and mesquite-framed finish. Combines power and freshness. Syrah, Grenache and Viognier. Best from 2015 through 2022."