- Item #: 322274Bottle Size: 750mlWith a forward nose of vivid fruits, from gooseberry to white peach and white grapefruit, melded with a touch of river water, lanolin and nougat, the palate on 1749 continued and expanded on the initial fruit-laden theme. Sweet yet almost tart, notes of star fruit, more gooseberry and white grapefruit merged with a lush mouthfeel, counterbalanced by good acidity to keep it clean and buoyant. Hints of apricots, orange blossoms and clover honey furthered the delicious depth on the palate. The finish is fresh and quick but with a lingering fruit essence and mixed floral touch that reverberates nicely.
This wine is perfect for the warm weather we
- Item #: 350399Bottle Size: 750mlVery fine gold color with a green hue. The nose offers a flowery fruity bouquet. Lively, supple and welcoming taste. Try pairing with fish tartare, mussels "a la Charentaise", pike with white butter sauce, chanterelle mushroom omelette, baked Norway lobsters, trout meuniere, pike in saffron, braised ham with white sauce, tripe cooked the Caen way, Chavignol goatsmilk cheeses, puff pastries...
- Item #: 351072Bottle Size: 750mlCERTIFIED ORGANIC
Catherine and Pierre Breton are the real life bon vivants vignerons of lore. They are passionate about what they do, they enjoy sharing it with others, and they entertain with a generosity and charm. That they make great wine with such integrity makes our appreciation of them complete. The Bretons farm eleven hectares of vines just east of Bourgueil in the village of Restign
- Item #: 322154Bottle Size: 750MLLes Varennes du Grand Clos is a slope of siliceous clay and limestone that has proven its ability to yield complex Chinons that stand the test of time-old bottles from decades past are still in their prime. Farming is organic, and the wine ages for over a year in barrel before bottling. The trademark of Les Varennes is its finesse: while structure is certainly not lacking, there is a harmony to fruit, acid, and tannins that allows us to pull the cork today. Its earthy flavors pair perfectly with rustic French cuisine; try a beef stew or wild mushrooms for a guaranteed match.
- Item #: 322561Bottle Size: 750MLFrom a ripe vintage comes this rich Chenin Blanc redolent of lanolin, pollen, ripe pear and quince over a base of wet stones. The richness in the mouth is cut but the rapier like acidity and the fruit is contrasted nicely by the crisp mineral notes.
- Item #: 311491Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90100% Sauvignon Blanc
A racy, aggressive Sauvignon nose of chalk and flint; round in the mouth with herbal notes and very fresh.
- Item #: 351822Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2017 Sancerre from Denizot Pere et Fils is a lovely showing. The wine was fermentated in concrete vats and aged on fine lees. The result is a fresh, clean wine, with pretty aromas of kiwi, lime and wet stones all taking shape in the glass. The palate is beautifully textured and underlined by bright acidity, which leads into the mineral driven finish.
- Item #: 322262Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS: "Offers a grippy feel, with a brambly note working with singed vanilla and alder details to form the frame around the core of juicy plum and black currant flavors. Light tar, tobacco and dark olive accents flash through the finish."
- Item #: 345502Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 92Bretonniere comes from a 3 hectare monopole vineyard in Vouvray. Bretonniere combines remarkable density and richness with vivacity deriving from the wine's minerality and focused acidity. It can be enjoyed young for the accessible fruit - especially if decanted - or aged for many years which will bring out the nuances of a great Chenin Blanc from a top site in Vouvray.
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - " Juicy, with good energy in reserve, this has a core of ginger, quince, apple and fig notes that should open up soon enough, backed by a light minerally thread through the finish. Chenin Blanc. Drink now through 2019. 40 cases imported."
- Item #: 345492Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS: "This offers a core of ripe pear, fig and quince flavors, allied to very racy acidity that drives the finish along. Flashes of fennel and lime zest add range and a mouthwatering feel on the finish."
- Item #: 351111Bottle Size: 750mlExpressive on the nose, combining floral fragrances with aromas of white peach and exotic fruit (pineapple, passion fruit). Well-balanced and honest on entry, the wine is underpinned by freshness and powerful, long-lasting acidity on the finish, revealing a lovely minerality.
- Item #: 333002Bottle Size: 750ml100% Sauvignon Blanc.
When tasting the wines of Denis Jamain, it is clear that the appellation of Reuilly, in the eastern Loire, is experiencing a renaissance, moving far beyond its former status as the "poor man's Sancerre." This land was once a source of great pride, having been part of a gift of the 7th century king, Dagobert, to the Royal Abbey of Saint Denis. Phylloxera had ravaged the majority of the vineyards here in the late 19th century, but Camille Rousseau (Denis
- Item #: 350611Bottle Size: 750mlIN ORGANIC CONVERSION AS OF 2016
After the first step of regularly plowing the soils, he is now slowly converting to organic viticulture, with certification expected for 2019. Moving forward, he also participates in biodynamic training sessions with the Massons and has already incorporated biodynamic infusions of rhubarb, meadowsweet, horsetail, and comfrey into his viticultural methods to reduce the need for copper treatments.
100% de-stemmed, indigenous yeasts, filtered
Made from the Tr
- Item #: 350889Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 95WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "Gorgeous, with creamy-edged nectarine, yellow and green apple, pear and quince flavors that are brightly defined from start to finish, flecked with verbena and honeysuckle hints and backed by a off-dry edge on the finish. Stays fresh and pure throughout. Tempting now but there
- Item #: 351743Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR 97 POINTS - "This sports a flamboyant edge, with apple crumble, ginger cream, quince paste, green tea and honeysuckle notes forming a wide panoply of aromas and flavors, while sweet and racy accents contrast, creating a lengthy finish where everything hangs in harmony. A stunning show of fruit and precision. Drink now through 2040."
DECANTER 94 POINTS - "This has a massive concentration of ripe apples, leafy notes, sweet baking spices and honeyed cream on boh nose and palate, with lemon acidity and a smoky tang. It shows a beautiful balance of sweetness, freshness and purity, with great cellaring potential."