- Item #: i_322274Bottle Size: 750mlWith a forward nose of vivid fruits, from gooseberry to white peach and white grapefruit, melded with a touch of river water, lanolin and nougat, the palate on 1749 continued and expanded on the initial fruit-laden theme. Sweet yet almost tart, notes of star fruit, more gooseberry and white grapefruit merged with a lush mouthfeel, counterbalanced by good acidity to keep it clean and buoyant. Hints of apricots, orange blossoms and clover honey furthered the delicious depth on the palate. The finish is fresh and quick but with a lingering fruit essence and mixed floral touch that reverberates nicely.
This wine is perfect for the warm weather we’ve been having and has a classic Loire Valley profile with a nice dollop of New Zealand-esque citrus-- it’s balanced, clean, fresh, uplifting and clearly a worthy Hi-Time Wine of the Month. Enjoy!
- Item #: i_322154Bottle Size: 750MLLes Varennes du Grand Clos is a slope of siliceous clay and limestone that has proven its ability to yield complex Chinons that stand the test of time-old bottles from decades past are still in their prime. Farming is organic, and the wine ages for over a year in barrel before bottling. The trademark of Les Varennes is its finesse: while structure is certainly not lacking, there is a harmony to fruit, acid, and tannins that allows us to pull the cork today. Its earthy flavors pair perfectly with rustic French cuisine; try a beef stew or wild mushrooms for a guaranteed match.
- Item #: i_322561Bottle Size: 750MLFrom a ripe vintage comes this rich Chenin Blanc redolent of lanolin, pollen, ripe pear and quince over a base of wet stones. The richness in the mouth is cut but the rapier like acidity and the fruit is contrasted nicely by the crisp mineral notes.
- Item #: i_344231Bottle Size: 750MLBrézé is a unique site due to its relatively high elevation and eminently nuanced geological profile. The high composition of tuffeau, a porous, chalky limestone also used in the construction of much of the Loire’s Renaissance architecture, results in finely mineral Chenin Blanc. Clay and sand also lend themselves to the diversity of the terroirs, giving body to the reds and richness to the whites. With five historic and clearly delimited Clos to work with, the Lambert duo has the incredible opportunity to truly understand and reveal the distinctions within this extraordinary appellation.
- Item #: i_345255Bottle Size: 750MLNew owner Arnaud Lambert restored this 15th century estate in 2009 and converted the property to organic farming (currently being converted to biodynamic). The hill of Brézé is one of the great terroirs of the Loire Valley benefiting from higher elevation, cooling wind, and the friable, limestone soil know as Tuffeau intermixed with clay and sand. The Clos du Midi Saumur Blanc is fruity and vibrant on the palate. The fruit is very present (lemon, lime). An excellent representation of a dry Chenin Blanc from Château de Brézé.
- Item #: i_349966Bottle Size: 750mlno herbicides, no pesticides, no anti-botrytis and in some areas we are practicing organic
This "Baby Sancerre" from the small appelation of Coteaux du Giennois near the Loire River is pale gold in color with aromas of white flowers, citrus and exotic fruits (grapefruit, passion fruit). The palate is refreshing with good balance showing additional notes of quince and pear. 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Item #: i_311491Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90100% Sauvignon Blanc
A racy, aggressive Sauvignon nose of chalk and flint; round in the mouth with herbal notes and very fresh.
- Item #: i_311160Bottle Size: 750MLDomaine de la Chanteleuserie means “place where the larks sing,” hence the singing bird on the front. The domaine is perched on a limestone plateau in an idyllic landscape in the heart of Touraine. The vineyards enjoy full southern exposure helping to ripen the Cabernet Franc grapes. This is the land of Cabernet Franc, better known locally as “Breton.” Though it’s known often as a blending grape in Bordeaux, it has the ability to shine nicely on it’s own in the Loire.
- Item #: i_322262Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS: "Offers a grippy feel, with a brambly note working with singed vanilla and alder details to form the frame around the core of juicy plum and black currant flavors. Light tar, tobacco and dark olive accents flash through the finish."
- Item #: i_351698Bottle Size: 750mlCONVERSION TO ORGANIC
The village of Clisson produces classic Muscadet Sèvre et Maine as well as Cru Clisson that is aged for over 20 months sur lie, showing the two extremes of the Melon de Bourgogne grape. Because Melon de Bourgogne generally takes a back seat to any minerality that wants to seep into the vines and into the grapes, it is seen as the ideal vehicle for mineral-expressive wines in France.
- Item #: i_345492Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS: "This offers a core of ripe pear, fig and quince flavors, allied to very racy acidity that drives the finish along. Flashes of fennel and lime zest add range and a mouthwatering feel on the finish."
- Item #: i_345502Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 92Bretonniere comes from a 3 hectare monopole vineyard in Vouvray. Bretonniere combines remarkable density and richness with vivacity deriving from the wine's minerality and focused acidity. It can be enjoyed young for the accessible fruit - especially if decanted - or aged for many years which will bring out the nuances of a great Chenin Blanc from a top site in Vouvray.
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - " Juicy, with good energy in reserve, this has a core of ginger, quince, apple and fig notes that should open up soon enough, backed by a light minerally thread through the finish. Chenin Blanc. Drink now through 2019. 40 cases imported."
- Item #: i_333850Bottle Size: 375MLWine Spectator: 96**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS - "Bold, lush and tropical in feel, with creamed papaya and mango notes seamlessly gliding together, while coconut, green plum, ginger, quince and white peach flavors fill in the background. Offers a succulent finish, but stays pure and steady thanks to perfectly embedded acidity. Best from 2015 through 2030."
- Item #: i_351796Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Piercing and pure, with pear, green apple and green almond notes carried by a sleek, minerally edge. Shows juiciness along the edges and flashes of honeysuckle and bitter almond in the background. Drink now through 2033."
- Item #: i_350611Bottle Size: 750mlIN ORGANIC CONVERSION AS OF 2016
After the first step of regularly plowing the soils, he is now slowly converting to organic viticulture, with certification expected for 2019. Moving forward, he also participates in biodynamic training sessions with the Massons and has already incorporated biodynamic infusions of rhubarb, meadowsweet, horsetail, and comfrey into his viticultural methods to reduce the need for copper treatments.
100% de-stemmed, indigenous yeasts, filtered
Made from the Tréssallier grape and a bit of Chardonnay, this vibrant white wine is delicious with seafood and light dishes. Tréssallier is a local varietal unique to Saint Pourçain which is at risk of being pulled out and replaced by more international grape varieties. Domaine des Bérioles is determined to preserve Tréssallier and to make wines that demonstrate its full potential. No malolactic fermentation, 3 months aging on fine lees in tank.
- Item #: i_350578Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Green plum and verbena notes lead the way for now, with a flash of quinine on the finish. This is juicy, but still a bit compact overall, with the core of ample pear, quince and ginger flavors in reserve. Just wait for everything to knit together and stretch out, as the purity and length are there. Best from 2018 through 2028."
- Item #: i_351745Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS - "A beauty, with an inviting display of succulent yellow apple, green plum, pear, persimmon and quince flavors that ripples lengthily through the finish, while light verbena, ginger and honeysuckle notes dart around. A long green tea echo runs through the finish. Shows terrific range and purity, with the sweetness easily harnessed for balance. Best from 2019 through 2040."
- Item #: i_350542Bottle Size: 750ml2017 marks an exciting transition for fans of Arnaud’s captivating wines as he will unite his cuvées from both Brézé (20ha) and Saint Cyr en Bourg (20ha) under one label: Domaine Arnaud Lambert. The Saint Cyr wines come from Domaine Saint-Just, which was founded by Arnaud’s father Yves in 1996 when Arnaud was still getting his viticulture and oenology degree. The father/son team began working together in 2005, and in 2009, they also became managers of the viticultural estate of the Château de Brézé. (The château is not only a UNESCO World Heritage site, but also a historically important reference in French fine wine: royals used to exchange these wines annually for Château d’Yquem Sauternes.) The same year, they began to work the Château vines, Yves and Arnaud began converting all of their vineyards to organic, and were officially certified in 2012. This movement stemmed first and foremost from the desire to express the terroir of each individual Clos in its purest, most vibrant form.