- Item #: i_345346Bottle Size: 750MLGuillaume D'Angerville became obsessed with the Jura after a sommelier in Paris poured him a glass of Tissot Chardonnay blind and he was very impressed, believing that it was a Burgundy. This sent him off on a five year search to find a choice location in the Jura. He consulted with a well-known geologist to find ideal vineyards. In the end, he and Francois Duvivier purchased two domaines, one with well tended vines and another where the vineyards were in need of some rehabilitation. At Chateau Chavanes in Montigny-les-Arsures, they created a state of the art winery surrounded by 5 hectares of biodynamically farmed vines that had been impeccably replanted 10 years prior by former owner Francois de Chavanes. The domaine is supported by an additional 5 hectares of chemically-free vines formerly farmed by Jean-Marc Brignot at a site of high-quality geology and exposure. He named it Domaine du Pélican, a reference to the pelican on the crest of the city of Arbois. All of Pélican's wines are currently made in a topped up, non-oxidative style.
- Item #: i_353662Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine du Pélican has been farming 'En Barbi' for almost a decade. This extremely special plot is so rich in limestone that it actually looks white! This chalky and mineral-driven Chardonnay oozes with flavors of ripe yellow fruit, chalk, green apple, and toast. This small-production cuvée is a must-have for lovers of Jura, Chardonnay, and all things Marquis d'Angerville.
- Item #: i_345347Bottle Size: 750MLGrand Curoulet' is undoubtedly one of the best terroirs in Arbois. Domaine du Pélican's holdings here comprise five hectares, most of which are 60+ years old. This unoxidized and oak-fermented wine shows flavors of juicy apricot, pear skin, orange marmalade, and earth spice.
- Item #: i_352906Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleBIODYNAMIC
Jean-François Ganevat is a master of his craft, one of the true magicians of the eclectic. To say that his grapes are spun A "sélections des grains nobles" of Savagnin though SGN is not officially recognized in the Jura o 250 grams RS
- Item #: i_322361Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker Notes - Fully ripe grapes, brilliantly judged use of wood, and delicate use, too, of controlled oxidation to create what Guy calls “une petite inflection noisette” (“a little hazelnut nose”) are all hallmarks of the domaine’s wines, the consistency of which is impressive for such a cool-climate vineyard region.
- Item #: i_353821Bottle Size: 750mlThis rich and vibrant Chardonnay hails from 80-year-old vines in the Côtes du Jura and ages for three years on its fine lees in large barrels. Notes of yellow apple skin, tart pears, flint, and a touch of honey dominate the wine’s energetic palate. This is natural Chard in one of our favorite forms.
- Item #: i_353818Bottle Size: 750mlThis biodynamic, low-ABV red is nothing short of delicious. High-toned notes of red cherries, cranberries, crushed flowers, and pepper dominate the wine’s tart and tasty palate. The blend here is 50% Gamay from Fleurie, Syrah from Côte Rôtie, Mondeuse from Savoie, and Pinot Noir d'Alsace
- Item #: i_353823Bottle Size: 750mlCorsicans are no strangers to rugged landscapes and isolated areas, yet there is only one spot on the island that has earned the name of “Desert” among Corsicans. The Agriates Desert is a large, rugged, empty and arid swath of land between the Cap Corse and Calvi on the northern end of the island. There are no cities nor towns, only one small paved road, and only one hamlet, with a dozen or so inhabitants. It’s swept year round with the Libecciu, a hot and dry wind that rolls down off the Italian coast, and it’s been an empty area for nearly a century. The wind combined with the clay-granite soils makes growing anything here extremely laborious, with the vines requiring constant plowing to allow the roots to forage deep for water and nutrients. The Giacometti family boldly moved here in 1987, taking over vines that had been planted in 1966.
The Giacomettis have long made a generous, approachable style of Patrimonio, similar to what has traditionally been served by the pitcher at the Corsican dinner table. The terroir here provides conditions that allow the Niellucciu vines to forage deep into the granite rock for nutrients and to ripen without excess.
Fermented with indigenous yeasts in stainless steel tank
Aged for less than 6 months on fine lees in stainless steel tank
- Item #: i_353424Bottle Size: 750mlVines of Chignin-Bergeron are located in the heart of the Combe de Savoie between Chambery and Albertville, sheltered from the winds of the North on the slopes of Montmelian and Francin. The vineyard is composed of young and old vines. Slopes sloping from 30% to 50%, south plain sunny. Manual harvest. Lower yields 40-50 hl/ha.
100% Roussanne. Strict selection in both vineyard and on sorting table before crush. Direct pneumatic pressing. Alcoholic fermentation at low temperature 15C in stainless steel vats thermo-regulated about three weeks.
- Item #: i_353267Bottle Size: 750mlNotes from the Importer: "Emeric’s lengthy tenure under Puffeney shows especially strongly in his treatment of the indigenous red grape varieties of the region. Whereas many growers here emphasize the thin-skinned, gentle nature of Poulsard and Trousseau, producing delicate, pale wines of wispy tannins and almost rosé-like fruit character, Emeric-like Jacques before him-produces firm, bold red wines proud of their structure and deeply evocative of their limestone-dominated terroir. As an example, the lifted, expressive 2016 Poulsard displays enchanting sandalwood aromas, bursting with black cherry and freshly turned earth, again toeing the line of appropriate volatile acidity in the most appealing possible fashion. The wine’s unabashedly dense structure-the result of a three-week cuvaison-promises great rewards for those willing to wait a few years, though it will undoubtedly dazzle right now, especially at the table."
- Item #: i_377704Bottle Size: 750mlMade from low-yield vines planted on the lower slopes of the Jura Mountains in far eastern France, this 100% Chardonnay bubbly is exceedingly fresh and crisp. It is crafted via the classic Champenoise process and was aged for 30 months on its lees. This long rest is necessary for the resulting delicate mousse, fine texture and pleasing autolytic aromas. A whole lot of flavor interest and soul for the money!
- Item #: i_352330Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "A new Savagnin bottling, the very young 2017 L'Etoile Savagnin Ouillé Les Budes fermented and aged in 500-liter topped-up barrels, a style that has never been produced at Montbourgeau before. This wine was produced by the son of Nicole Deriaux when he joined the family domaine. It's subtle, mineral and elegant, focused and clean, with floral notes and a soft, round palate. The acidity is neatly integrated into the wine, and it reminds me of some of the wines from Ganevat, with energy and concentration but apparently light on its feet. This is a superb effort for a style they have never produced before."
- Item #: i_352337Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine de Montbourgeau has produced traditional Jura wines since Victor Gros, the grandfather of current Vigneronne, Nicole Deriaux, first planted the estate’s vineyards in 1920.The domaine’s nine hectares are devoted mostly to Chardonnay with Savagnin sited in 1.7 of those hectares; some Trousseau and Poulsard round out the plantings. The viticulture is organic and the vinification is strictly traditional respecting, in all aspects, the ancient practices of this region. Nicole Deriaux’s natural approach to every step of the process captures the true essence of the Etoile appellation in each of the separate bottlings done at the domaine.The white wines are aged in barrel; they are never racked; they are not topped off. The very special nature of the appellation of L’Etoile produces white wines of exceptional finesse and complexity.
- Item #: i_353546Bottle Size: 750mlThis is a Pinot Noir that will shine with food. The wine has enough power and structure to pair wonderful with heavier dishes such as roasts and stews. Try it and you will be amazed by the juicy, delicious flavors this wine brings to your dinner.