- Item #: i_352676Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of two vintages 2016 Chardonnay, aged 2 years in barrel 2017 Aligoté, aged 1 year in barrel
BIODYNAMIC - NATURAL WINE
- Item #: i_353386Bottle Size: 750mlCould this be the quintessential Alpine quaffer? I will go one step further—this Jacquère grown on Savoie’s limestone mountainsides may be the crispest beverage to ever grace your palate. Not overwhelming, its acidity supplies just the right amount of snap to counterbalance the sprightly fruit that bursts over the taste buds. At 11.5% alcohol, the whole rests on a delicate frame, making it all too easy to drain the bottle in record time. Enjoy with raclette, grilled cheese, crispy greens, sushi, kimchi fried rice, mollusks, or simply slake your thirst with this crystalline mountain elixir.
- Item #: i_352756Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Berthet-Bondet is located in the subregion of Château-Chalon, the heartland of the Jura. The 2016 Trio was made of three grape varieties, 50% Trousseau, 30% Poulsard, and 20% Pinot Noir, all organically farmed and hand harvested. Berries were sorted, destemmed, and underwent a short maceration to extract desired flavors, color, and tannins. Fermentation and maturation were conducted in stainless steel tanks. Primary aromas and flavors included strawberry, red cherry, tomato leaf, tea, tarragon, juniper, and rhubarb. Tertiary notes included dusty trail and cherry compote.
- Item #: i_353423Bottle Size: 750mlCaves Jean Bourdy is one of the oldest domaines in the Jura, owned by the Bourdy family for 15 generations since 1475 in the village of Arlay. The Domaine is now run by brothers Jean-Phillipe and Jean-François, the 15th generation of winemakers at this estate.
The Domaine was certified biodynamic in 2006. The combination of some of the best terroir in the Jura and careful and patient winemaking results in wines that thoroughly express the land on which it is grown.
- Item #: i_352986Bottle Size: 750mlORGANIC AND BIODYNAMIC
Trousseau is an old variety of red wine grape originating in eastern France.
he Côtes du Jura AOC is famous for its wide range of traditionally-styled wines made from varieties you might not encounter in other places (Poulsard or Savagnin, anyone?). But today’s wine is proof that some producers are dedicated to pushing the boundaries and revitalizing ancient traditions. In doing so they’re not just making great wine, they’re bringing new life and flavors to a historic region.
- Item #: i_352906Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleBIODYNAMIC
Jean-François Ganevat is a master of his craft, one of the true magicians of the eclectic. To say that his grapes are spun A "sélections des grains nobles" of Savagnin though SGN is not officially recognized in the Jura o 250 grams RS
- Item #: i_322361Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker Notes - Fully ripe grapes, brilliantly judged use of wood, and delicate use, too, of controlled oxidation to create what Guy calls “une petite inflection noisette” (“a little hazelnut nose”) are all hallmarks of the domaine’s wines, the consistency of which is impressive for such a cool-climate vineyard region.
- Item #: i_351349Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleJean-Claude Credoz is one lucky man. Not only because he lives in such an absurdly beautiful place but because he is one of the largest landowners on the infamous appellation of Château Chalon, with almost five hectares of vines.The domaine flirts with organic and biodynamic methods but have not committed to restraints they bring; Jean-Claude prefers to be flexible when he needs to be, especially concerning the use of copper and sulfur sprays in the vineyards. Vin de Paille is the French for "straw wine", made only in the ripest vintages. Straw wine, or raisin wine, is a wine made from grapes that have been dried to concentrate their juice. The classic method dries clusters of grapes on mats of straw in the sun, but some regions dry them under cover, on roofs, or on modern racks, while some hang up the grapes or leave them to dry on the vine.
Full body, Rustic, Spicy, Sweet
- Item #: i_353424Bottle Size: 750mlVines of Chignin-Bergeron are located in the heart of the Combe de Savoie between Chambery and Albertville, sheltered from the winds of the North on the slopes of Montmelian and Francin. The vineyard is composed of young and old vines. Slopes sloping from 30% to 50%, south plain sunny. Manual harvest. Lower yields 40-50 hl/ha.
100% Roussanne. Strict selection in both vineyard and on sorting table before crush. Direct pneumatic pressing. Alcoholic fermentation at low temperature 15C in stainless steel vats thermo-regulated about three weeks.
- Item #: i_353266Bottle Size: 750mlPRACTICING ORGANIC
Produced from vines averaging 45 years of age, the wine soars from the glass, a storm of ripe green apples, freshly blasted quarry, and musky honey. The palate is both firm and expansive, with a generous pinch of telltale Jurassic salt lengthening the complex, penetrating flavors of greengage and candied lemon. Emeric’s “partial sous-voile” approach shows in the wine’s gently oxidative edge—one that bows to the veil without making a virtue of it. For such a bold and assertive wine to remain so straightforwardly delicious is a difficult balancing act.
- Item #: i_353267Bottle Size: 750mlNotes from the Importer: "Emeric’s lengthy tenure under Puffeney shows especially strongly in his treatment of the indigenous red grape varieties of the region. Whereas many growers here emphasize the thin-skinned, gentle nature of Poulsard and Trousseau, producing delicate, pale wines of wispy tannins and almost rosé-like fruit character, Emeric-like Jacques before him-produces firm, bold red wines proud of their structure and deeply evocative of their limestone-dominated terroir. As an example, the lifted, expressive 2016 Poulsard displays enchanting sandalwood aromas, bursting with black cherry and freshly turned earth, again toeing the line of appropriate volatile acidity in the most appealing possible fashion. The wine’s unabashedly dense structure-the result of a three-week cuvaison-promises great rewards for those willing to wait a few years, though it will undoubtedly dazzle right now, especially at the table."
- Item #: i_377704Bottle Size: 750mlMade from low-yield vines planted on the lower slopes of the Jura Mountains in far eastern France, this 100% Chardonnay bubbly is exceedingly fresh and crisp. It is crafted via the classic Champenoise process and was aged for 30 months on its lees. This long rest is necessary for the resulting delicate mousse, fine texture and pleasing autolytic aromas. A whole lot of flavor interest and soul for the money!
- Item #: i_352337Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine de Montbourgeau has produced traditional Jura wines since Victor Gros, the grandfather of current Vigneronne, Nicole Deriaux, first planted the estate’s vineyards in 1920.The domaine’s nine hectares are devoted mostly to Chardonnay with Savagnin sited in 1.7 of those hectares; some Trousseau and Poulsard round out the plantings. The viticulture is organic and the vinification is strictly traditional respecting, in all aspects, the ancient practices of this region. Nicole Deriaux’s natural approach to every step of the process captures the true essence of the Etoile appellation in each of the separate bottlings done at the domaine.The white wines are aged in barrel; they are never racked; they are not topped off. The very special nature of the appellation of L’Etoile produces white wines of exceptional finesse and complexity.
- Item #: i_353462Bottle Size: 750mlStéphane’s non-oxidative rendition of the Savagnin grape bears the name Traminer – a common synonym, which flags its relationship to Gewürztraminer (which may have mutated from Traminer/Savagnin). Complex and powerful, herbal and musky notes are backed up by waves of super-ripe citrus and orchard fruit.
- Item #: i_353457Bottle Size: 750mlThe Chardonnay barrels are kept topped up, but even so the wines tend to offer a hint of the same nutty character on top of the more classic outline of the Chardonnay grape. Stéphane Tissot is a leading grower in the wine appellation of Arbois , where he farms his vineyards biodynamicallY.
- Item #: i_345358Bottle Size: 750MLEnergetic Stephane Tissot has become a leading winemaker in the Jura championing indigenous varieties, natural yeast, biodynamic viticulture, and producing an impressive range of great wines including sparkling, white, red, and fortified. This Arbois rouge blends Trousseau, Poulsard, and Pinot Noir. Earthy, leathery, black pepper, fresh herb and cherry on the nose with a succulent, crisp mouthful of red cherry, currant, and cranberry, ending with savory spice, dried orange rind and a bit of funk.
- Item #: i_345054Bottle Size: 750MLPatchwork! This is the same cuvée as Les Empreintes in years past, with a new moniker. A fitting one as it is made from 100% Chardonnay from various vineyard sites on Stéphane’s estate. Grown in clay and limestone soils and raised for one year in a mix of neutral oak and 10% first-use barrel, it is sharp and salty yet quite fruit-forward. Quince, kiwi, mango skin, and other exotic fruit come to mind as well as crème brûlée, minerals, and candied tangerine peel.
- Item #: i_353546Bottle Size: 750mlThis is a Pinot Noir that will shine with food. The wine has enough power and structure to pair wonderful with heavier dishes such as roasts and stews. Try it and you will be amazed by the juicy, delicious flavors this wine brings to your dinner.