- Item #: i_374663Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Bonnardot is a family estate located in the village of Villers-le-Faye, not far from Beaune. Four generations of winegrowers have worked on the estate, and today it is run by Danièle Bonnardot. The illustrious World War II resistance leader Canon Kir, who invented the aperitif bearing his name, often came to the estate to buy its wine. This full-flavored salmon red rose is mostly Pinot Noir with a little Gamay added to the mix which gives the nose a nice of wild berry lift. In the mouth presents a creammy textture surrounding a bright raspberry core while subtle infections of almonds, citrus and dried herbs mark the tangy finish. Just the ticket for rich Holiday dinners.
- Item #: i_325121Bottle Size: 750MLAn intense, pure, authentic champagne not only made exclusively from Pinot Noir but also undosed and therefore drier and more restrained. Ideal as an aperitif or served with seafood, smoked salmon and goat cheese-based hors d’oeuvres, for example.
- Item #: i_377628Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Founded by Peter Gosset in Aÿ back in 1584, Gosset rightly lays claim to being the oldest wine house in Champagne. This latest addition to the Gosset Champagne stable is a nod to the family’s heritage using Pinot Noir from the Aÿ Grand Cru. The house has long shunned the use of malo-lactic fermentation and this philosophy serves to give this prodigious Champagne is keen structure and vibrance. The following rave by THE WINE ADVOCATE’s Stephan Reinhardt is spot on:
WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Exclusively made from Pinot Noir cultivated in Ambonnay, Aÿ, Verzy, Chigny-les-Roses and Tauxières, the intensely white-golden colored NV Grand Blanc de Noirs Extra-Brut is deep, intense and rich on the toasty and vinous nose. Full-bodied, round and pure, this is a generous, highly elegant, precise, finessed, fresh and stimulatingly salty cuvée with structure, grip and persistent vinous character. It has very nice reduction and piercing minerality." (10/2018)
- Item #: i_376488Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90JOHN GILMAN 92+ POINTS-"The new release of Moutard Grande Cuvée is made from one hundred percent pinot noir and does not undergo malolactic fermentation, prior to being aged on its lees for three years prior to disgorgement. If my math is correct, the new bottling is based primarily on the 2010 vintage, and the wine offers up a simply superb bouquet of apple, a touch of quince, fresh-baked bread, incipient notes of almond skin, marvelously complex soil tones and a gently floral topnote. On the palate the wine is crisp, full-bodied, focused and still quite youthful, with a superb core of fruit, very refined mousse, excellent balance and fine grip on the very long and youthfully complex finish. This does not quite have the same early mid-palate generosity of last year’s version (based on 2009 fruit), and I would opt for giving it a year in the cellar to start to really hit on all cylinders. A stellar bottle of non-vintage Brut."
WINE ADVOCATE 90 P0INTS - "I was quite taken with the wines I tasted from Moutard this year. The NV Brut Grande Cuvee (Pinot Noir) emerges from the glass with high-toned notes of Mirabelle plums, kirsch, crushed flowers and sweet herbs. There is an exotic quality to the Grande Cuvee that is totally beguiling. Intensely aromatic and layered through to the finish, the Grande Cuvee impresses for its delicate, feminine personality and overall balance. This release is based on the 2009 vintage with the addition of 30% reserve wines. Dosage was 10 grams per liter. Disgorged July 2012. Anticipated maturity: 2012-2015."
Moutard is a small, family-run estate located in Buxeuil, in the heart of the Cote des Bar (Department of the Aube) about sixty-five miles south of Epernay. The families of Champagne Moutard have been living in Buxeuil since the mid 17th Century, and have a long tradition of grape farming and Champagne production. The Cote des Bar's mix of clay and limestone soils is particularly well suited to Pinot Noir production and this Grand Cuvee makes perfect poster child for the area. It is a 100% Pint Noir blend that was vinified in stainless steel without malolactic in order to preserve its fruit character and cut.
- Item #: i_377422Bottle Size: 750mlNathalie Falmet is one of few women in Champagne to hold the title of both vigneron and oenologist, and she fulfills both roles in her small family domaine in Rouvres-les-Vignes in the Côtes des Bar. After studying chemistry at Paris XI and earning diplomas in both viticulture and oenology, Nathalie inherited and began farming 50% of the vines planted by her parents, vines where she walked and worked alongside her father as early as eight years old.
WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS-"The NV Brut is made of 50% Pinot Noir, 30% Chardonnay (both 2011) and 20% Reserve (from a Soléra started in 2009). Its refined aromas of bright fruits migrate to a very light and delicate first palate. This Champagne is dry (dosage: seven grams per liter) and firmly structured, but really fine and elegant, and provided with a good length and subtle mineral flavors.