A liqueur is an alcoholic beverage made from a distilled spirit that has been flavored with fruit, cream, herbs, spices, flowers or nuts and bottled with added sugar or other sweetener (such as high-fructose corn syrup). In parts of the United States, liqueurs may also be called cordials or schnapps. Liqueurs are typically quite sweet; they are usually not aged for long after the ingredients are mixed, but may have resting periods during their production to allow flavors to marry. In the United States and Canada, where spirits are often called "liquor", there is often confusion over liqueurs and liquors, especially as many spirits today are available in flavored form (e.g. flavored vodka). The most reliable rule of thumb is that liqueurs are quite sweet and often syrupy in consistency, while liquors are not. Most liqueurs have a lower alcohol content (15–30% ABV) than spirits, but some contain as much as 55% ABV.
- Item #: i_164674Bottle Size: 750ML1921 TEQUILA CREAM 1921 Tequila Cream is a blend of Blanco Tequila and cream- an absolute surprise of delicious richness with delicate Tequila nuance all the way through. The nose is full and the scents are definitely sweet-- white cake batter, arroz con leche, sweetened-condensed milk and marzipan. Amidst the copious luxury of this exquisite liqueur, flavors of cinnamon, nutmeg, coffee, roasted almond and a clean Tequila are found. 1921 Cream is a great liqueur that should be sought out and savoredimmediately as a perfect accompaniment to pan dulce (sweet bread) or fruit (citrus or berries) for dessert, served as a cordial, with coffee or tea (or put it in) or in a cocktail. Regularly priced $29.99.
- Item #: i_162725Bottle Size: 750MLAbsinthe was the trademark drink during the heady days of 19th century Paris artists. Famous artists, writers and poets like Picasso, Baudelaire, Hemingway, Degas, Manet, Toulouse-Lautrec and Oscar Wilde all heavily indulged in it. Maybe it was the allure of The Green Fairy, or maybe it helped inspire their creativy.Absinthe has been banned in the United States since 1915 because of reports of strong hallucinations, however, has recently made its way back into the market. This Absente, or Absinthe Refined, is a modern version of the original Absinthe recipe. It still exhibits the same aromatic, dazzling emerald green liquer made from a combination of exotic botanicals. The difference comes in the Wormwood, the botanical that caused the initial ban, instead being replaced with a cousin called Southern Wormwood. The Absente is now a blend of Angelica, Anise, Peppermint, Southern Wormwood, and Star Anise, creating a wonderfully aromatic, flavourful liquer.
- Item #: i_167709Bottle Size: 750MLAbsinthe Ordinaire is still handcrafted in rural southern France using the highest quality artisanal distillation methods and ingredients from the region including anise, sweet fennel, mugwort, star anise, balm, peppermint and of course the legendary and notorious Wormwood, also known as Artmisia Absinthium. Absinthe Ordinaire is 92 proof, so please drink with extreme caution!
- Item #: i_163047Bottle Size: 750MLAgavero is an ultra-premium spirit that is created from a blend of 100% blue agave anejo and reposado tequilas hand blended with the essence of Damiana flower for unparalleled smoothness and taste. At 64 proof, Agavero can be enjoyed straight, on the rocks, or in a number of cocktails.
- Item #: i_163022Bottle Size: 750MLAgwa De Bolivia, made from Bolvian Coca Leaf is distilled and Crafted in Amsterdam. Reach out and experience a coca leaf buzz from the king of high spirits; the only coca leaf liquor in the world with 40 grams of coca leaf in each bottle. Agwa, a natural herbal product can be cut to make sensational shots, marvelous martini's and classy cocktails.
- Item #: i_101977Bottle Size: 750mlVallet Amargo Angostura is a 90 Proof bitter liqueur made from Angostura bark and a maceration of cherry fruits, cloves and other roots and spices. Herbal notes of bittersweet dark chocolate and citrus rind balance an earthly richness to create this delightful elixir.
- Item #: i_100630Bottle Size: 750MLFor a touch of style at the end of a meal--it is easy to recommend Amaro Montenegro. Not familiar with Italian Amari? These spirits encompass a wide and diverse genre of liqueurs that mix aromatic and sweet elements with lightly bitter herbal finesse. In Italy, Amaro Montenegro is not only the most popular Amaro, it's actually the most widely sold spirit of any kind. The recipe is so closely guarded that Amaro Montenegro is produced in two facilities, each creating only half of the blend which is later assembled by one of a handful of master distillers. So while we will never know exactly what is inside the bottle, Amaro Montenegro is the supplest and most aromatic Amaro. It's made with over 40 secret botanicals that include black licorice, saffron and delicate incense qualities that weave a magnificent tapestry of flavor against a solid herbal foundation.
Montenegro is a perfect way to end a meal neat; it is excellent on the rocks or with coffee. We've found dozens of non-traditional uses as well; for example, a terrific, simple summer cocktail: pour 2 oz. Montenegro with 3 oz. Ginger beer, 3/4 oz. Lemon juice over the rocks and let life's trouble wash away into tasty oblivion.
- Item #: i_100640Bottle Size: 750MLAmaro Nonino is a digestif made by the Nonino company in Fruili, Italy. It is made from grappa infused with herbs, plus grain alcohol, and ingredients that include caramelized sugar, bitter orange, cinchona, galenga, gentian, liquorice, quassia wood, rhubarb, saffron, sweet orange and tamarind.Amaro Nonino is a reddish-amber colour and has a herby fragrance, with a mildly bitter spicy taste, with a touch of liquorice and sweet, burnt orange. The taste lasts in the mouth. It is aged in oak barrels for 5 years. Amaro Nonino is 35% alcohol. Amaro Nonino is a bit less syrupy than some other Italian bitters. It is best served straight up, slightly chilled, around 53 to 59 F (12 to 15 C.)
- Item #: i_162703Bottle Size: 750MLThe Marula fruit is harvested from Marula trees found only in Africa. The Marula fruits are carefully distilled, and sit for two years in small oak barrels, then blended with the finest, fresh cream. Amarula has exotic tastes of butterscotch, passion fruit, cinammon, orange, berries and cream. Rich, sweet and creamy like the milk left from a bowl of Trix. If you like Bailey's and are in the mood for something different, try out this beautiful liqueur. Great in coffee and on the rocks!
- Item #: i_104340Bottle Size: 750mlSpicy spirits are genuinely difficult to pull off as not everyone's idea of enjoyable spice is the same. It can also be quite difficult to capture the essence of a spicy chili pepper without it coming off artificial. Several brands have attempted to tackle the spicy spirit challenge, including Southern Comfort Fiery Pepper Stoli Hot & Sticki, and even Absolut Peppar, but none have quite managed to capture a pure and natural pepper flavor that's still enjoyable to consume.
The nose of Ancho Reyes smells wonderfully like roasted ancho chiles. The nose captures both the roasted chile essence as well as a slightly green and vegetal spicy pepper. Underneath the pepper is cinnamon and sweet honey. The balance in the nose leans more towards sweet than spicy. The entry of Ancho Reyes is also fairly sweet with strong honey notes leading the pack. The honey sustains but it's joined by roasted ancho chile, solid cinnamon, and dark chocolate. It isn't until the end of the midpalate that Ancho Reyes gets really spicy. It's a nice sharp spice that balances out the otherwise sweet character. Hot pepper spice sustains for quite a while on the palate. It's spicy but not uncomfortably so.
- Item #: i_166185Bottle Size: 750MLAperol is an Italian aperitif originally created in 1919, but it took a while to get to the US-- it was well worth the wait. Some of the ingredients that shine through are bitter orange, gentian, rhubarb, and cinchona (quinine); the flavor and color is articulated by a subtle blend of the ?known? ingredients and a secret array of herbs and roots, using a recipe that has been unaltered since its creation. Delectable aromas of citrus, roots and herbs invite you to drink. The palate focus is oxidized grapefruit with a touchof creamy vanilla. The finish is fresh and supple with a lively citrus pith aftertaste-- gorgeous!
- Item #: i_108524Bottle Size: 750mlAraceli Marigold Liqueur is the world’s very first marigold liqueur of its kind and pays tribute to the centuries old Mexican holiday tradition Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead), a celebration of love, joy and remembrance. Araceli (Spanish for “Altar Of Heaven”) was inspired and created to honor the sacred Cempasúchitl Marigold, known as Flor de Muerto. The bright orange marigold blooms on the hillsides of Mexico in October and November and plays a significant role in the Día de los Muertos festivities. Stunning displays of marigolds are used in abundance to decorate elaborate religious statues, altars, crosses, garlands, clothing, gardens, pathways and walkways throughout the celebration. The scent of the sacred marigold flower is said to guide deceased spirits in finding their way back, to join loving family gatherings honoring them.
Seductively smooth and exquisitely balanced, Araceli Marigold Liqueur offers a unique bouquet of delicate complex flavors that are rich, floral and fragrant. Araceli Liqueur delivers a wonderful blending of marigold, organic agave nectar, and a special blend of natural ingredients that create Araceli’s one-of-a-kind distinctive flavor. Araceli can be enjoyed straight, on the rocks, or in a variety of easy to prepare cocktails.
Equally stunning and eye catching is the custom label artwork that adorns the beautiful Araceli bottle . Designed and painted by world renowned artist SV, Araceli’s signature artwork depicts a beautiful woman by the name of Araceli Vannita. Adorned in traditional Día de los Muertos sugar skull face paint, rosary beads, traditional Mexican clothing and beautiful orange marigold flowers highlighting her hair, Araceli Vannita embodies the heart and soul of Araceli Marigold Liqueur.
- Item #: 163569Bottle Size: 750MLAskalon Arak is produced in Israel using only carefully selected ingredients that create the perfect harmony between alcohol and anise seed. The delicate taste and superb quality of Askalon Arak is evident in this Middle Eastern after-dinner treat.
- Item #: 102771Bottle Size: 750mlArak Gantous & AbouRaad While the anis aroma is clearly evident, it shares the stage with grape spirits base which offer its own mild fruity flavor. Smooth and refreshing, it is soft on the palate and goes well with mezza and Lebanese meals, or could be drunk by itself with vegetables and nuts.
- Item #: i_103841Bottle Size: 750mlAnise, alcohol and specially treated water are the basic ingredients. They boil in the still to a vapor that is collected externally by condensation into high degree of liquid Arak. The bulk is then brought down to bottling strength which is around 100 proof. After a period of aging, the Arak is filtered and bottled, to be consumed in a unique matter of adding water until the Arak in the glass is whitened and ice is added to it to make the best tasting drink. Served as an appetizer or with almost all kinds of food. The difference between one Arak to another is the quality of the ingredients and the method and time of distillation. Made in Jordan