- Item #: i_303974Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 88We recently held a comprehensive tasting of Proseccos for our staff in order to upgrade our selection of this increasingly popular genre. The winner, especially when price was considered, was this delightful “Garbel” bottling by Adami. “Garbel” is a word from arcane Veneto dialect that means a dry, crisp, pleasantly tart wine. All the Prosecco grapes for this fizz were sourced exclusively from preferred hillside vineyards in the Colli Trevigiani district. Garbel’s 13 grams of residual sugar places it between the Brut and Extra Dry styles giving it the versatility to be enjoyed with a wide range of foods including antipasti and mildly spicy Pacific Rim fare.ROBERT PARKER 88 POINTS - The entry-level Non-vintage Prosecco 13 Garbel is pretty and focused in its floral fruit. This delicious Prosecco shows plenty of energy and focus in an easygoing style. Anticipated maturity: 201 2-2015 .
- Item #: i_377223Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 88WINERY NOTES-"Bosco di Gica is the ancient name of the area where the family's best vineyards are located. A blend of 93-95% Prosecco with 5-7% Chardonnay this bubbly displays a straw yellow hue and a fine gentle mousse. The nose is deep with excellent fruit, along with scents of yellow apple and peach plus notes of wisteria and acacia blossom. Wonderful balance and elegance complement a pleasurably crisp spiciness while while displaying a crisp, savoury mouthfeel. Its generous, lingering flavours nicely mirror the nose and achieve perfect balance."
- Item #: i_374789Bottle Size: 750MLWinemaker's Notes The grapes are hand picked. The whole cluster grapes are directly pressed in a pneumatic press with a long and soft pressing, hence the coral/ light pink salmon color. Cremant Rosé is made by the Champagne Methode. The second fermentation takes place in the bottle. Afterwards it stays on its lees for 9 months follow by the remuage and disgorging.
- Item #: i_348287Bottle Size: 750mlAmelia Rosé Crémant de Bordeaux is made from hand-harvested red grapes (90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc) grown in the acclaimed Bordeaux region of France. Amelia is aged en tirage (on the lees) for 18 months, double the nine months required by law. The extra time increases aromatic and textural complexity as well as deeper, richer fruit flavors and hints of creaminess and toasty brioche notes.
- Item #: i_377532Bottle Size: 750mlA balanced mix between moscato wine and mango pulp. Aromatic Moscato Spumante Arione mixed with natural mango pulp to a unique and inimitable taste! Ideal for an aperitif, brunches or to accompany fresh fruit and dessert!
- Item #: i_377399Bottle Size: 750MLBailley-Lappierre Cremant de Bourgogne Brut RoseMade from 90% Pinot Noir and 10% Gamay, according to the requirements of the ancient Champenoise Method, it possesses a stricking rose petal color along with the alluring scents of dusty bing cherries and watermelon. The cherry flavors spill over to the palate where they are rounded out with elements of lemon-lime, dough, and nougat. An awesome sparkler for the money!
- Item #: i_376131Bottle Size: 750MLRosa Regale has a delicate bouquet of rose petals and offers sensuous flavors of fresh raspberries and strawberries. Its effervescence is softer than that of champagne, yet it yields a persistent and delicate pink froth. Its lively garnet color makes other sparklers pale in comparison. Served chilled and with a low alcohol content, it serves as the perfect partner throughout the entire meal, beginning as an elegant aperitif, moving to a savory appetizer and ending with a sweet dessert. No wine pairs better with chocolate than Rosa Regale. The bright fresh berry flavors complement the sweet velvet of the chocolate. Rosa Regale is a seductive red sparkler that turns any occasion into a celebration.In 1979, John and Harry Mariani, family proprietors of Banfi Vintners, acquired a mid-18th century winery, known as Bruzzone, revitalized it and renamed the facility Vigne Regali. Here, with the same detailed care as a century ago, our skilled winemakers produce Rosa Regale Brachetto d'Acqui D.O.C.G. This rare Brachetto, a semi-dry, red sparkling wine cherished by the courts of Europe over two centuries ago, owes its reincarnation to Banfi.
- Item #: i_100078Bottle Size: 750mlThe Asolo Superiore D.O.C.G. is one of only two D.O.C.G’s in Prosecco. Made from 100% organically-grown Glera, carbonation is achieved using the Charmant method, whereby native yeasts, organic cane sugar, & very gentle pressure at -0.4 bars (most use 2-2.5 bars) are used to start second fermentation. Following this, the wine ages 4-6 months on the lees in tank for added finesse and complexity. Light & soft upon entrance with persistent bubbles, this wine boasts fresh aromas of golden apple, grapefruit, banana, and acacia flower. Elegant and well-balanced, it is a must-have at any celebration!
- Item #: i_301590Bottle Size: 750MLProsecco, White Peaches & Raspberries. The key to this cocktail is fresh, top-quality raw material (superb Prosecco, rare white peaches picked when perfectly ripe, carefully selected raspberries), no artificial flavoring, state-of-the-art technology to ensure product's ideal temperature control and stability, and retain the delicate peach aromas without chemical tampering, constant research to maximize quality, high-grade packaging, and less than 80 calories per serving. It is a classic aperitif, with an inebriating peach fragrance.
- Item #: i_302506Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ADVOCATE - "Bisol’s NV Prosecco Jeio reveals notable freshness, vibrancy and crispness in its green apples, flowers and sweet spices. There is terrific energy and harmony here, but like most Proseccos, the wine is best enjoyed in its exuberant youth."
- Item #: i_374594Bottle Size: 750mlFermí Bohigas is a sprawling (750-acre) family-owned wine estate located in central Catalonia about 45 miles west of Barcelona in the Anoia River Valley. The Bohigas family and their ancestors have been growing grapes and making wines at this location consecutively since 1290. The valley is particularly suitable for the production of Cava wines of great quality because the vines have naturally low yields and the grapes are high in acidity. This Cava Reserva is a classic blend of the indigenous Xarel-lo, Macabeo and Parellada grapes. Though the family’s cellars date back to 1542, the winemaking equipment and practices here are strictly up to date. After a cold, temperature-controlled primary fermentation, the second (bottle) fermentation takes place in the estate’s cool, underground cave for two years before disgorgement. After the cork is popped, a bright sea air character marks this bubbly’s nose; notions of fresh pears, green apples and almond paste quickly follow. Tiny, persistent bubbles balance its creamy texture and provide an accent to the yellow plum, raspberry and chalk flavors. If you are looking for a sleek, sophisticated “house bubbly”... look no further.
- Item #: i_378629Bottle Size: 750mlA family-owned winery whose origins date back to the 13th century, Fermi Bohigas owns over 240 acres of organically farmed vineyards in Catalunya. A sparkling rose, the non-vintage Brut Rosat Cava is fashioned from the indigenous varietal called Trepat, blended with a touch of Pinot Noir.
Strawberry, cherry and mulberry fruit notes intermixed with peppery, herb-like characteristics are found in this fresh, medium-bodied rose.
The Bohigas Brut Rosat is a fairly dark-colored bottle sparkling Brut rosé which is done at the dry end of the Brut scale, with only six grams per liter of dosage. The nose is deep and quite "winey" in style, offering up scents of cherries, a touch of blood orange, dusty soil tones and a topnote of dried roses. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied and just a touch coarse in terms of its mousse, but with lovely depth and complexity and impressive length and grip on the finish. This is decidedly a Brut rosé Cava that will show at its best at the table. Good juice. 2011-2015. 88. John Gilman
- Item #: i_376117Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 50% Xarel-lo, 25% Macabeo, and 25% Parellada; this sparkler was aged 14 months on the lees before disgorgement. Xarel-lo grapes give the body and a textured mouth feel and structure which allows for aging. The Macabeo grapes give elegance, finesse and the delicate notes of apple skin with aromas of sweet white fruit, while the Parellada completes the blend with a light refreshing citric acidity.
- Item #: i_376587Bottle Size: 750ml"What a pure delight it was to taste this rare and wonderful Blanc de Blanc Brut. It's 100% Chardonnay from 20-year-old vines (on average). The nose was like chalk dust, showing the soil, limestone and a bit of clay from the vineyard. My mind raced immediately to thoughts of bring on the oysters! For anyone who loves Chablis, this is where the wine was heading-- and make that a dozen, please. The bubbles were tiny and persistent, so nice, clean and crisp. A real rock-licker, but the creamy texture shined through from its nine months of aging on the fine lees. It also showed its mineral notes and a lovely touch of biscuits and lemon peel. What an absolute treat and a great value. Only 500 cases, so I wouldn't wait on this one. Pure bang for your buck! Other pairings besides my drooling choice of oysters would include smoked salmon, soft cheeses and stuffed mushrooms."
- Item #: i_379667Bottle Size: 750mlThe estate Le Capitaine which is a 30ha family enterprise located at Rochecorbon since 1988 produces Vouvray wines.
The Vouvray wines are exclusively made from the chenin blanc grape also called pineau de la loire. The chenin blanc grape provides fruity and floral aromas with honey flavour and a nice refreshing acidity to wines. The vines are planted in gravel and clay top soil over the famous local white limestone “tuffeau”, providing the plant enough water when needed.
- Item #: i_377506Bottle Size: 750mlFlor is the brainchild of renowned chef Mario Batali along with his partners restaurateur Joe Bastianich, and chef and author Lidia Bastianich. It is the house Prosecco and sparkling Rosé brand served in many of their fantastic restaurants.
Tasting Notes: Rose-pink in colour with aromas of strawberry, minerals and hints of vanilla. Strawberry centric with white pepper and floral hints complimented by energetic bubbles and a refreshing acidity, finishing super dry and crisp. [Even the bubbles are dry!
- Item #: i_325559Bottle Size: 750mlThis new offering from Chile is really a perfect call for bridal/ baby showers and elegant brunches. It’s sort of like a pre-mixed Bellini that’s made with strawberries instead of peaches. Robert Parker writes: A curiosity, but one that is fun to smell and taste, is this sparkling blend of Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay that has been infused with hand-harvested Patagonia strawberries... An aperitif-styled offering that exhibits a wonderfully crisp, refreshing note of... not surprisingly... strawberries. An alluring eccentricity, it is aromatic, light-bodied, crisp, fresh and lively with a delicate rose color. Note that it is best to gently invert the bottle before serving so that the strawberry pulp is evenly dispersed.
- Item #: i_375123Bottle Size: 750MLPale silver-pink. Aromas of raspberries, cherries and a few secondary whiffs of minerality. A lively mousse but fine in the mouth, with subtle red berry flavors enlivened by bright acids. Brisk on the palate, showing hints of oyster shell and fresh lavender. Flirtatious and fun, yet elegant and structured, it's perfect for all seasons and settings.
- Item #: i_325538Bottle Size: 750MLHere is an elegant, deftly crafted New World bubbly that is bound to make the Champenois nervous. A blend of 53% Chardonnay and 47% Pinot Noir, this wine is made using the traditional Methode Champenoise, called Methode Cap Classique in South Africa. Sporting a pale golden shimmer followed with inviting aromas of nectarines and peach cobbler, this mouth-watering bubbly really impresses with its fine texture and graceful interplay of raspberry fruits with creamy pastry dough notions. A slam-dunk best buy for alfresco dining and entertaining is there ever was one.