- Item #: i_303974Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 88We recently held a comprehensive tasting of Proseccos for our staff in order to upgrade our selection of this increasingly popular genre. The winner, especially when price was considered, was this delightful “Garbel” bottling by Adami. “Garbel” is a word from arcane Veneto dialect that means a dry, crisp, pleasantly tart wine. All the Prosecco grapes for this fizz were sourced exclusively from preferred hillside vineyards in the Colli Trevigiani district. Garbel’s 13 grams of residual sugar places it between the Brut and Extra Dry styles giving it the versatility to be enjoyed with a wide range of foods including antipasti and mildly spicy Pacific Rim fare.ROBERT PARKER 88 POINTS - The entry-level Non-vintage Prosecco 13 Garbel is pretty and focused in its floral fruit. This delicious Prosecco shows plenty of energy and focus in an easygoing style. Anticipated maturity: 201 2-2015 .
- Item #: i_377223Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 88WINERY NOTES-"Bosco di Gica is the ancient name of the area where the family's best vineyards are located. A blend of 93-95% Prosecco with 5-7% Chardonnay this bubbly displays a straw yellow hue and a fine gentle mousse. The nose is deep with excellent fruit, along with scents of yellow apple and peach plus notes of wisteria and acacia blossom. Wonderful balance and elegance complement a pleasurably crisp spiciness while while displaying a crisp, savoury mouthfeel. Its generous, lingering flavours nicely mirror the nose and achieve perfect balance."
- Item #: i_374789Bottle Size: 750MLWinemaker's Notes The grapes are hand picked. The whole cluster grapes are directly pressed in a pneumatic press with a long and soft pressing, hence the coral/ light pink salmon color. Cremant Rosé is made by the Champagne Methode. The second fermentation takes place in the bottle. Afterwards it stays on its lees for 9 months follow by the remuage and disgorging.
- Item #: i_377532Bottle Size: 750mlA balanced mix between moscato wine and mango pulp. Aromatic Moscato Spumante Arione mixed with natural mango pulp to a unique and inimitable taste! Ideal for an aperitif, brunches or to accompany fresh fruit and dessert!
- Item #: i_305274Bottle Size: 750MLA blend of the Appellation’s four grape varieties (Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Gamay, Aligoté), the wine is congenial, rounded and full, with a varied bouquet. A thirst-quencher, it is our easiest-drinking Crémant, clearcut, clean with a lovely freshness.
- Item #: i_377399Bottle Size: 750MLBailley-Lappierre Cremant de Bourgogne Brut RoseMade from 90% Pinot Noir and 10% Gamay, according to the requirements of the ancient Champenoise Method, it possesses a stricking rose petal color along with the alluring scents of dusty bing cherries and watermelon. The cherry flavors spill over to the palate where they are rounded out with elements of lemon-lime, dough, and nougat. An awesome sparkler for the money!
- Item #: i_376131Bottle Size: 750MLRosa Regale has a delicate bouquet of rose petals and offers sensuous flavors of fresh raspberries and strawberries. Its effervescence is softer than that of champagne, yet it yields a persistent and delicate pink froth. Its lively garnet color makes other sparklers pale in comparison. Served chilled and with a low alcohol content, it serves as the perfect partner throughout the entire meal, beginning as an elegant aperitif, moving to a savory appetizer and ending with a sweet dessert. No wine pairs better with chocolate than Rosa Regale. The bright fresh berry flavors complement the sweet velvet of the chocolate. Rosa Regale is a seductive red sparkler that turns any occasion into a celebration.In 1979, John and Harry Mariani, family proprietors of Banfi Vintners, acquired a mid-18th century winery, known as Bruzzone, revitalized it and renamed the facility Vigne Regali. Here, with the same detailed care as a century ago, our skilled winemakers produce Rosa Regale Brachetto d'Acqui D.O.C.G. This rare Brachetto, a semi-dry, red sparkling wine cherished by the courts of Europe over two centuries ago, owes its reincarnation to Banfi.
- Item #: i_302506Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ADVOCATE - "Bisol’s NV Prosecco Jeio reveals notable freshness, vibrancy and crispness in its green apples, flowers and sweet spices. There is terrific energy and harmony here, but like most Proseccos, the wine is best enjoyed in its exuberant youth."
- Item #: i_374594Bottle Size: 750mlFermí Bohigas is a sprawling (750-acre) family-owned wine estate located in central Catalonia about 45 miles west of Barcelona in the Anoia River Valley. The Bohigas family and their ancestors have been growing grapes and making wines at this location consecutively since 1290. The valley is particularly suitable for the production of Cava wines of great quality because the vines have naturally low yields and the grapes are high in acidity. This Cava Reserva is a classic blend of the indigenous Xarel-lo, Macabeo and Parellada grapes. Though the family’s cellars date back to 1542, the winemaking equipment and practices here are strictly up to date. After a cold, temperature-controlled primary fermentation, the second (bottle) fermentation takes place in the estate’s cool, underground cave for two years before disgorgement. After the cork is popped, a bright sea air character marks this bubbly’s nose; notions of fresh pears, green apples and almond paste quickly follow. Tiny, persistent bubbles balance its creamy texture and provide an accent to the yellow plum, raspberry and chalk flavors. If you are looking for a sleek, sophisticated “house bubbly”... look no further.
- Item #: i_378222Bottle Size: 750mlGrape varieties :Glera
Cantinae Clara C' is owned by Clara Carpene' and focuses mainly on the production of premier sparkling wines from the Conegliano Valdobbiadene region of the Veneto in Italy. This elegant sparkler has beautiful aromas of golden apples tinged with floral notes of acacia flower and almond leaf. Dry, crisp and fresh. An ideal opener for a meal but also perfect with spicy foods and shellfish. 11% alcochol
- Item #: i_321809Bottle Size: 750mlPale yellow color with golden hues. A good release of tiny bubbles rising in trains to form a cheerful crown of mousse. This Cava displays fruit notes and typical nuances of aging in bottle. There is fresh acidity for balance, with a creamy texture and lingering finish On arrival at the winery, grapes are sorted by varietal and quality in preparation for a gentle crush by pneumatic press. Normal fermentation for the must base wine occurs at a constant temperature below 19°C. After fermentation, the must is bottled and placed in the cellar for the second fermentation, bottle aging and riddling by a gyropalette. In the traditional champagne method, at the completion of the riddling process the neck of each bottle is frozen and prepared for disgorgement and then recorked with a natural wood cork and wire cage.
- Item #: i_379667Bottle Size: 750mlThe estate Le Capitaine which is a 30ha family enterprise located at Rochecorbon since 1988 produces Vouvray wines.
The Vouvray wines are exclusively made from the chenin blanc grape also called pineau de la loire. The chenin blanc grape provides fruity and floral aromas with honey flavour and a nice refreshing acidity to wines. The vines are planted in gravel and clay top soil over the famous local white limestone “tuffeau”, providing the plant enough water when needed.
- Item #: i_377506Bottle Size: 750mlFlor is the brainchild of renowned chef Mario Batali along with his partners restaurateur Joe Bastianich, and chef and author Lidia Bastianich. It is the house Prosecco and sparkling Rosé brand served in many of their fantastic restaurants.
Tasting Notes: A blend of 90% Glera and 10% Pinot Nero this Brut finished bubbly sports a rose-pink in colour with aromas of strawberry, minerals and hints of vanilla. Strawberry centric with white pepper and floral hints complimented by energetic bubbles and a refreshing acidity, finishing dry and crisp.
- Item #: i_325559Bottle Size: 750mlThis new offering from Chile is really a perfect call for bridal/ baby showers and elegant brunches. It’s sort of like a pre-mixed Bellini that’s made with strawberries instead of peaches. Robert Parker writes: A curiosity, but one that is fun to smell and taste, is this sparkling blend of Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay that has been infused with hand-harvested Patagonia strawberries... An aperitif-styled offering that exhibits a wonderfully crisp, refreshing note of... not surprisingly... strawberries. An alluring eccentricity, it is aromatic, light-bodied, crisp, fresh and lively with a delicate rose color. Note that it is best to gently invert the bottle before serving so that the strawberry pulp is evenly dispersed.
- Item #: i_325538Bottle Size: 750MLHere is an elegant, deftly crafted New World bubbly that is bound to make the Champenois nervous. A blend of 53% Chardonnay and 47% Pinot Noir, this wine is made using the traditional Methode Champenoise, called Methode Cap Classique in South Africa. Sporting a pale golden shimmer followed with inviting aromas of nectarines and peach cobbler, this mouth-watering bubbly really impresses with its fine texture and graceful interplay of raspberry fruits with creamy pastry dough notions. A slam-dunk best buy for alfresco dining and entertaining is there ever was one.
- Item #: i_325338Bottle Size: 750mlFresh, elegant and full of a wonderful fizz, Gran Campo Viejo Cava Brut Reserva Sparkling White Wine aged for 18 months. Decadent and delicious.
- Item #: i_376104Bottle Size: 750mlMade of 100% Pinot Blanc and vinified in the Traditional Champagne Method with 18 months aging sur latte. The fruit was picked early, to yield the propper acidity and delicacy. This showcases purely rendered pear and stone fruits, with hints of toast, honey and earth inflections. This value bubbly is an easy drinking, versatile sparkler that is wonderful with or without food!
- Item #: i_376027Bottle Size: 750mlFashioned from 100% early harvested Pinot Noir, this value bubbly was produced in the traditional Champagne manner with 18 months aging on the yeast. The nose proffers, dare we say, sophisticated aromas of roses, sourdough and berry preserves. Its dry food-friendly palate presents a lip-smacking play of watermelon, strawberry, nougat and citrus flavors. A real charmer at great price.
- Item #: i_372586Bottle Size: 750mlWINERY NOTES-"1503’ label, a reference to the date when Hush Heat estate’s historic manor house was built. Made from the property’s younger vineyards and with a slightly higher dosage than the original Balfour wines, these offer a very approachable yet still refined English fizz experience.
After harvest in mid- to late October, the grapes are fermented in stainless steel and cuvées are blended with youthful freshness in mind. Malolactic fermentation helps create a softer, more approachable style. Secondary fermentation in bottle is followed by at least 12 months on lees prior to disgorgement with a ten degree dosage addition."
- Item #: i_325573Bottle Size: 750MLStella Rosa is a low alcohol (5.5%), lightly carbonated red blend made primarily from the Brachetto grape made in a sweet style with 11.6% residual sugar. The juice is fermented in the Charmant manner in pressurized tanks. As the the alcohol is created so is the carbonation. The wine has a high natural acidity which contributes a refresing balance to its considerable sweeteness.