- Item #: i_365524Bottle Size: 750mlThe flagship Musar bottling, this blend of cabernet sauvignon, cinsault and carignan is lush and rich, save for the gust of spice that comes in on the acidity and brightens the finish. It’s wild and warm, a Mediterranean red with a forest floor complexity that keeps it engaging for hours.
- Item #: i_362381Bottle Size: 750mlMoreno Coronica, whose family has lived in the area for 600 years, founded his winery in 1992 after the fall of communist Yugoslavia. Located about an hour's drive south of Trieste, Italy, Moreno has 75 acres of vineyards planted in "Terra Rossa" soil. He is well known for his crisp dry white made from Malvasia Istarka. This delicious white was fermented and aged in stainless steel. On the nose you find aromas of citrus and sea shells; in the mouth the wine is elegant, flavorful and deliciously dry.
Moreno Coronica's Dry Malvasia Istarska is considered a bench mark example of this indigenous variety. This is an unbeatable white with fresh grilled shellfish doused in Istrian olive oil. Enjoyed over the course of a few days it blossoms, becoming fuller, softer and more candied aromatically.
- Item #: i_372430Bottle Size: 1LThe Crnko farm is located on the eastern side of Slovenia, north of Maribor and just south of the Austrian border. All the fruit is estate grown and comes from the family's 6 hectares of mixed white varietals. The vines are planted in the regions unique marl soils and sustainably farmed. The 2015 is a blend of Sauvignon Blanc, Ravenec (Muller-Thurgau), Laski Riesling (Welschriesling). It has only 11% alcohol and is as drinkable and refreshing as wine comes. Riesling dominates the aromatics offering juicy tangerine and quince notes to the silty minerality that Crnko wines often share. As a beverage it is thirst quenching and light on its feet with invigorating acidity that makes it difficult to set down. During the summers in the village of Jarenina, locals mix it with sparkling water and then proceed to consume it long into the night.
- Item #: i_342366Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "El Ixsir (Elixir) is the top wine produced by the Ixsir winery located just outside Batroun, Lebanon. The excellent 2012 is composed of 55% Syrah, 35% Cabernet Sauvignon and 10% Merlot aged 24 months in French oak (50% new). On the nose you find aromas of blackberries, black cherries, red fruits and a hint of woody spice. On the palate silky, lush fruit flavors are balanced with good structure and a long finish. Drinking very well now if decanted, the 2012 will benefit from another year or two in the bottle. The Wine Advocate gave this 92 points praising its Cote Rotie-like style."
- Item #: i_372443Bottle Size: 750MLThis pleasant, clean, fruity yet crisp Pinot Grigio comes to us from father and son team Edi and Aleks Simcic (SEEM chitch) in the Primorska region of Slovenia, just a stone's throw from Italy's Friulian border and the Colli Orientali. Green apples on the nose; good fruit in the mouth balanced by good acidity on the finish. Great value!
- Item #: i_302556Bottle Size: 750mlThis red, sourced from high altitude vineyards in Lebanon's Batroun district, is composed of 35% Cabernet Sauvignon; 26% Caladoc (a cross of Malbec and Grenache); 22% Syrah and 17% Tempranillo. Decanter magazine describes Ixsir's Altitudes Rouge as: "... a beautifully integrated wine made with the help of Chateau Angelus' Hubert de Bouard. Lifted cassis, capsicum, herbs and violets meld with silky tannins and fresh acidity."
- Item #: i_372365Bottle Size: 750mlThe wine, made of the grape variety once called Tocai Friulano or Briški Tokaj, is crystalline with a straw yellow colour. Its bouquet is very fruity, with ripe peach, pear and apricot kernel aroma. The sensation of fruitiness persists in the mouth with a fresh and pleasant medium length finish. It goes well with white meat and fish.
- Item #: i_372363Bottle Size: 750mlThirty days skin contact(maceration)gives this white wine a golden yellow color. The bouquet is dominated by hints of vanilla and the aromas of white peach and grapes. The fruit flavors persist in the mouth and are balanced by good minerality. The finish is long and intense. It's full-bodied, so it's a perfect match for structured dishes, such as white meat and vegetables. Owner/winemaker Jean Michel Morel used no pesticides in the vineyards and no sulfur was added.
- Item #: i_362605Bottle Size: 750mlThis Armenian wine made from the ancient grape variety, Sireni, displays a deep red color. On the nose you find intense dark berry and ripe red fruit aromas, further enhanced by the mouth filling medium long finish.
- Item #: i_303970Bottle Size: 750mlMalvazija 2017 (Malvasia Istriana 100%) shows a nice medium deep golden colour. On the nose it is open, diverse very pure and of medium intensity. There is a nice play between freshness and opulence. We can encounter lemons and apples combining with apricots, peaches, pineapples... A bit like in 2015 there is some delicate spiciness. And yes, there is sage again. On the palate it is dry, medium bodied with remarkable and balanced acidity. There is a good intensity of the character which cover the mouth nicely and finishes in a long, slightly salty and spicy aftertaste.
- Item #: i_372380Bottle Size: 750mlLa Ferme Rouge was founded as a vineyard and olive orchard in 1908. The winery was started in 1933. Located in the Zaer region of Morocco, about 45 kilometers from the Atlantic ocean and at an elevation of 450 meters, the vineyards benefit from cool ocean breezes. Grapes are hand-picked, pressed gently and fermented in temperature-regulated concrete vats.
The 2015 Le Gris is composed of 100% Cinsault. This rose has a lovely pale pink color and aromas of fresh berries on the nose. On the palate rich red berry and peach flavors lead to a clean dry finish.
- Item #: i_372391Bottle Size: 750ml100% Saperavi from the Mukuzani appelation in the Kakheti region of the Republic of George. Dry with black cherry aromas and flavors.
- Item #: i_372340Bottle Size: 750mlNaturally sweet on the palate, warm, velvety with delicate fruit flavors. Complements soft cheeses, sweet meat and fish dishes and all desserts.
- Item #: i_362382Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2015 Plavac has a very dark color. On the nose you find aromas of boysenberries with a hint of fine herbs. On the palate this red has good fruit without a hint of jamminess. The finish is long and smooth.
The Milos(Mee-loash)family has farmed and lived on their land near the village of Ston for over 500 years. Their vineyards are located on steep hillsides leading down to the Adriatic Sea. The Plavac Mali (a relative of Zinfandel) vines are head pruned and organically farmed. Fermentation (only the native yeasts are used) takes place in open-topped stainless steel to start and then finishes in large Slavonian oak barrels, never new. The wine is aged first in the barrels then in the bottle until its ready to be released.
- Item #: i_372350Bottle Size: 750mlFounded in 1923, Domaine Ouled Thaleb is a leader in the revival of Morocco's wine industry. The winery is located ten miles northeast of Casablanca facing the ocean. The stunningly good Signature red is made from a blend of 50% Marselan (a cross of Cabernet Sauvignon and Grenache), 35% Petit Verdot and 15% Carmenere. Only organically farmed grapes from 25-year-old vines are used for this blend. The vineyard is located at an altitude of 300 feet on Morocco's Atlantic coast. Fermented in concrete tanks, the wine is aged in oak barrels (only 10% new). Aromas and flavors of cassis, blackberry and fine herbs lead to a smooth, long finish. Serve with beef, lamb or grilled sausages. Very limited supply.
- Item #: i_306351Bottle Size: 750mlFounded in 1923, Domaine Ouled Thaleb is a leader in the revival of Morocco's wine industry. The winery is located ten miles northeast of Casablanca facing the ocean. Winemaker, Alain Graillot, a Frenchman from the Rhone Valley, works with organically farmed indigenous varietals and international varieties like this delicious Syrah. The 2015 Syrah boasts spicy black fruit flavors balanced by moderate acidity and supple tannins. Serve with Moroccan or Middle Eastern cuisine or any rich beef or lamb dish.
- Item #: i_372390Bottle Size: 750mlPasaeli K2 is a blend of 70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Cabernet Franc, 5% Merlot, and 5% Petit Verdot grown in the Serez vineyard in Kaynaklar - Izmir. After fermentation, the wine is aged for 12 months in French oak. This is the winery's best seller in Turkey, and has gained them some notoriety with Jancis Robinson, among other critics, over the years. The nose has rich aromas of sweet, ripe cassis and blackberry.
- Item #: i_372389Bottle Size: 750mlYapincak is a grape variety grown exclusively on the European side of Turkey (Thrace) near coastal villages. The fruit for this wine comes from a single vineyard in Sarkoy that is about 150 meters above sea level and is facing south towards Sea of Marmara. There is always a cooling breeze coming from the sea. The vineyard has a gentle incline which is great for drainage. The vines are about 35 years old and are free standing vines with low yields and high quality. The grapes are pressed with whole clusters and 90% fermented in stainless steel tanks with the other 10% in neutral French oak barrels. Aged for 3 months sur lie before bottling. Very pale gold. Highly distinctive aroma, both rich and tangy. Intense lemon, hint of clementine plus a more oily minerality and quince. Lovely citrus on the palate too - bright and crisp and full in the mouth with decent acidity and minerality.
- Item #: i_300020Bottle Size: 750mlThe Slavcek family practices sustainable farming and natural winemaking. Their delightful Sivi Pinot (Pinot Grigio) has a hint of pink color because of skin contact. The wine is unfiltered and offers elegant fruit aromas amd flavors balanced by minerality.