- Item #: i_365527Bottle Size: 750mlReleased in the spring of 2018, the Chateau Musar Red of this year is a dark blood red colour with a rich, fragrant fruit nose; mulberries, black cherries, plums with a hint of mocha. The palate is very intense and concentrated, it’s full of volume and characterised by forest and black fruits with elegant spice. The tannins are soft and juicy and it has a lengthy finish. Chateau Musar Red 2011 is a vibrantly powerful vintage and cellared well it will keep for decades. A great match for red meats, especially game, seasonal casseroles and mature cheeses.
- Item #: i_365526Bottle Size: 750MLThe 2006 Chateau Musar is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Carignan and Cinsault sourced from vineyards located in the Bekaa Valley. The vines are planted on gravelly soils over limestone. The average age of the organically farmed vines is 40-years-old. This unfiltered and unfined red displays nice fruit, an elegant mid-palate, and a persistent finish.
- Item #: i_362381Bottle Size: 750mlMoreno Coronica, whose family has lived in the area for 600 years, founded his winery in 1992 after the fall of communist Yugoslavia. Located about an hour's drive south of Trieste, Italy, Moreno has 75 acres of vineyards planted in "Terra Rossa" soil. He is well known for his crisp dry white made from Malvasia Istarka. This delicious white was fermented and aged in stainless steel. On the nose you find aromas of citrus and sea shells; in the mouth the wine is elegant, flavorful and deliciously dry.
Moreno Coronica's Dry Malvasia Istarska is considered a bench mark example of this indigenous variety. This is an unbeatable white with fresh grilled shellfish doused in Istrian olive oil. Enjoyed over the course of a few days it blossoms, becoming fuller, softer and more candied aromatically.
- Item #: i_300139Bottle Size: 750mlTHIS IS IT... the "O.Z.", (Original Zinfandel)
Crljenak Kaštelanski was an almost extinct Dalmatian grape varietal until DNA fingerprinting revealed that it was an exact DNA match to both Zinfandel and the Italian grape Primitivo.
Dubrovacki's Crljenak Kaštelanski vines were planted in 2007 above the village of Cavtat, in a new 12 hectare vineyard called Mrcevlje. The average yield per vine for the 2015 vintage was 1.13 kg. After a 5-day maceration and a 30-day fermentation, the wine spent one year in used oak, a combination of 225 and 500 liters Croatian and Hungarian oak barrels. After 2 months in stainless steel, the wine was bottled without fining or filtering. This medium-bodied Zin features aromas and flavors of raspberries and blackberries. Serve with beef, lamb or sausages.
- Item #: i_342366Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "El Ixsir (Elixir) is the top wine produced by the Ixsir winery located just outside Batroun, Lebanon. The excellent 2012 is composed of 55% Syrah, 35% Cabernet Sauvignon and 10% Merlot aged 24 months in French oak (50% new). On the nose you find aromas of blackberries, black cherries, red fruits and a hint of woody spice. On the palate silky, lush fruit flavors are balanced with good structure and a long finish. Drinking very well now if decanted, the 2012 will benefit from another year or two in the bottle. The Wine Advocate gave this 92 points praising its Cote Rotie-like style."
- Item #: i_372443Bottle Size: 750MLThis pleasant, clean, fruity yet crisp Pinot Grigio comes to us from father and son team Edi and Aleks Simcic (SEEM chitch) in the Primorska region of Slovenia, just a stone's throw from Italy's Friulian border and the Colli Orientali. Green apples on the nose; good fruit in the mouth balanced by good acidity on the finish. Great value!
- Item #: i_372454Bottle Size: 750mlFull-bodied and well-balanced with smooth tannins, this wine is packed with flavors of dried strawberry, raspberry licorice, and hints of wild game. Enjoy with grilled and cured meats, hard cheeses and pizza. Grgic Vina was established in 1996 by legendary Napa Valley winemaker, Croation-born Miljenko "Mike" Grgich, and his daughter, Violet. The winery is just north of the historic walled city Dubrovnik in the southern Dalmatian wine region. Mike started the winery to produce the finest wines from native Dalmatian grapes. When Mike Grgich came to the Napa Valley in 1958 to make wine, he noticed a remarkable resemblance between the Zinfandel and Plavac Mali of his native Croatia. Some 35 years later, Mike worked with scientists at University of California, Davis to prove that Zinfandel was actually Crljenak Kaštelanski, a grape native to Croatia and parent of Plavac Mali.
- Item #: i_372453Bottle Size: 750mlThis crisp, dry wine offers a trip to the Mediterranean in a glass with citrus, almonds, ripe melon and savory herbs. Match its refreshing acidity and flavors with fresh seafood and light cheeses. Grgic Vina was established in 1996 by legendary Napa Valley winemaker, Croatian-born Miljenko "Mike" Grgich and his daughter, Violet. The winery is an hour or so drive from the historic walled city Dubrovnik in the southern Dalmatian wine region. Mike started the winery to produce the finest wines from native Dalmatian grapes, and he concentrates on crafting Croatia's very best varietals: Posip and Plavac Mali.
- Item #: i_302556Bottle Size: 750mlThis red, sourced from high altitude vineyards in Lebanon's Batroun district, is composed of 35% Cabernet Sauvignon; 26% Caladoc (a cross of Malbec and Grenache); 22% Syrah and 17% Tempranillo. Decanter magazine describes Ixsir's Altitudes Rouge as: "... a beautifully integrated wine made with the help of Chateau Angelus' Hubert de Bouard. Lifted cassis, capsicum, herbs and violets meld with silky tannins and fresh acidity."
- Item #: i_372522Bottle Size: 750mlKabaj (kuh bye) is located in the sun kissed Goriška Brda hills of Western Slovenia, neighbor to Collio, Italy. Their 29 acres of hand-tended mature vines are planted to deep Marl soils left behind by an ancient sea. All wines are fermented slowly with native yeast and complete malolactic fermentation. This wine received two weeks of skin contact and was aged for a year in neutral oak. No sulfur was added at bottling and the grapes are sustainably farmed. This dry white displays good texture and dry, apple and pear flavors.
- Item #: i_372386Bottle Size: 750mlThis is a delightful blend of organically farmed Cabernet Sauvignon, Carignan and Marselan (a crossing of Grenache and Cabernet Sauvignon) from the Zaer region of Morocco. La Ferme Rouge was founded as a vineyard and olive orchard in 1908. The winery was started in 1933. Located in the Zaer region of Morocco, about 45 kilometers from the Atlantic ocean and at an elevation of 450 meters, the vineyards benefit from cool ocean breezes. Grapes are organically farmed, hand-picked, pressed gently and fermented in temperature-regulated concrete vats. Winemaker Jaques Poulain believes in farming harmoniously with nature.
- Item #: i_372398Bottle Size: 750mlLa Ferme Rouge was founded as a vineyard and olive orchard in 1908. The winery was started in 1933. Located in the Zaer region of Morocco, about 45 kilometers from the Atlantic ocean and at an elevation of 450 meters, the vineyards benefit from cool ocean breezes. Grapes are hand-picked, pressed gently and fermented in temperature-regulated concrete vats. This full-bodied red is a blend of Syrah and Tempranillo. Aromas of violets (and a hint of mocha) lead to black currant flavors on the palate.
- Item #: i_372560Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2018 Terres Blanches from La Ferme Rouge is composed of organically farmed Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc and Viognier. The nose displays aromas of acacia flowers and citrus fruits, with a touch of apricot and white peaches. This aromatic complexity quickly gives way to a lively attack on the palate leading to round, mouthfilling flavors and a dry, elegant finish.
La Ferme Rouge was founded as a vineyard and olive orchard in 1908. The winery was started in 1933. Located in the Zaer region of Morocco, about 45 kilometers from the Atlantic ocean and at an elevation of 450 meters, the vineyards benefit from cool ocean breezes. Grapes are organically farmed, hand-picked, pressed gently and fermented in temperature-regulated concrete vats. Winemaker Jaques Poulain believes in farming harmoniously with nature.
- Item #: i_372391Bottle Size: 750ml100% Saperavi from the Mukuzani appelation in the Kakheti region of the Republic of George. Dry with black cherry aromas and flavors.
- Item #: i_362382Bottle Size: 750mlThis Plavac has a very dark color. On the nose you find aromas of boysenberries with a hint of fine herbs. On the palate this red has good fruit without a hint of jamminess. The finish is long and smooth.
The Milos(Mee-loash)family has farmed and lived on their land near the village of Ston for over 500 years. Their vineyards are located on steep hillsides leading down to the Adriatic Sea. The Plavac Mali (a relative of Zinfandel) vines are head pruned and organically farmed. Fermentation (only the native yeasts are used) takes place in open-topped stainless steel to start and then finishes in large Slavonian oak barrels, never new. The wine is aged first in the barrels then in the bottle until its ready to be released.
- Item #: i_362362Bottle Size: 750mlIn 1930, at just 20 years old, Gaston Hochar founded Chateau Musar, inspired by Lebanon's 6,000 year winemaking tradition and his travels in Bordeaux. His 'wines with noblesse' greatly impressed senior officers in the army following on from the French mandate of the 1920s. Major Ronald Barton, of Château Langoa-Barton, stationed in Lebanon during World War II became a great friend, strengthening the links between Chateau Musar and Bordeaux that remain to this day. Flanked by snow-covered mountains, and nestled at 1000m (3,000 feet) above sea level, the serenely beautiful Bekaa Valley is blessed with 300 days of sunshine a year, fresh mountain breezes and an average temperature of 25°C (encompassing snowy winters and hot summers). Remote and unspoilt, the Musar vineyards were ‘organic’ by default before the term was coined. Hochar Père et Fils Red has been described as the ‘second’ wine of Chateau Musar, and it does bear some resemblance to the ‘Grand Vin’: rich, spicy and profoundly fruity, with a mellow quality derived from lengthy oak- and bottle ageing. Since its launch in the late 1980s, it has been sourced from a single Bekaa Valley vineyard planted in the late 1940s. When young, the wines are robust and aromatic, with baked plum, warm earth, leather, thyme and dark chocolate characters. With age they become tawnier and spicier.
- Item #: i_372390Bottle Size: 750mlPasaeli K2 is a blend of 70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Cabernet Franc, 5% Merlot, and 5% Petit Verdot grown in the Serez vineyard in Kaynaklar - Izmir. After fermentation, the wine is aged for 12 months in French oak. This is the winery's best seller in Turkey, and has gained them some notoriety with Jancis Robinson, among other critics, over the years. The nose has rich aromas of sweet, ripe cassis and blackberry.
- Item #: i_372521Bottle Size: 750mlThis clean, crisp white comes to us from the Republic of Georgia where wine has been made for thousands of years. Rkatsiteli is a grape variety native to this area. The Terra Initia is pleasant and very easy to drink with appetizers, fish and seafood and chicken dishes.
Terra Initia is a negociant project whose idea is to select wines that can convey the true spirit of Georgia: wines that glorify the oldest of the terroirs and the organoleptic of indigenous varieties. After all, these terroirs and grapes can both be proud of history and be confident about the future.
- Item #: i_372486Bottle Size: 750mlClassic Vranac of Petropavlovo polje with distinctive flavors of dried cranberry and pleasant notes of overdone bread. The taste is very refreshing, with particular tones of fresh berries. Acids are living, vibrant, and last to the very finish, in which a pure flavor of ripe cherry is distinguished.
- Item #: i_372460Bottle Size: 750mlThis deep ruby wine has a nose of pomegranate and white chocolate. Silky tannins provide a rich mouthfeel and offer a backdrop for flavors of black plum, raspberry, anisette and espresso bean that head off into a baking spice finish. WE 92 points.
From the winery: In the village of Rind, the Areni grape thrives in rich volcanic and limestone soils. Hot summers are tempered by cooler temperatures at these high elevation sites, and water is provided by the melting snow caps atop Mount Ararat. Our Areni wine expresses the unique characteristics of this ancient variety with the focus and purity that modern winemaking techniques provide. Vineyard source: Rind, Vayots Dzor Varietal composition: 100% Areni Wine profile: aromas of red berries, black cherries, floral notes of violets, and dried red fruits mirror the flavors, which are both intense and elegant on the palate. A ripe and powerful tannic structure and refreshing acidity bring balance to the fruit flavors, culminating in a complex yet harmonious finish. Elevation: over 1,300 meters (4,000 feet) Winemaking: fermentation and aging in stainless steel Production: 1,100 cases