- Item #: i_372383Bottle Size: 750mlBott Frigyes work nearly 10 hectares of vineyards on Muzsla Hill, in the Garam Mente wine region, Slovakia. The vineyards are in the middle of the Danube and Garam river’s triangle on favourable southern slopes. In the O?reg-hegy vineyard, 250 m above sea level, the soil is rich in limestone and clay. Since 2014, they have been engaged in biodynamic vine cultivation with active cover crop use, minimal tillage, gentle plant protection and biodynamic preparations. The preference is for traditional, indigenous varietals like furmint,juhfark, kadarka and kekfrankos, with plantings of international varietals pinot noir and riesling.
This is the most dark fruited and botrytis free Kadarka in the portfolio. Still late ripening and thin skinned, but half was left whole cluster on the skins for nearly a month. There’s no dominant enzymatic/carbonic quality, but all that skin contact leeches out the spice and tea. It’s easy to see how a Kadarka like this would be a required blending component in Bikavér (Bull’s Blood). One half was fermented as whole bunches on the skins but the other half was destemmed. Both fermented separately for 3-4 weeks in open vats. Both lots were then combined in 500L oak barrels and aged 9 months on the lees. Bottled unfined and unfiltered.
- Item #: i_365526Bottle Size: 750MLThe 2006 Chateau Musar is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Carignan and Cinsault sourced from vineyards located in the Bekaa Valley. The vines are planted on gravelly soils over limestone. The average age of the organically farmed vines is 40-years-old. This unfiltered and unfined red displays nice fruit, an elegant mid-palate, and a persistent finish.
- Item #: i_372590Bottle Size: 750mlFeteasca Neagra (Black Maiden in English) is an old grape variety native to Romania and Moldova. This medium to full-bodied red displays aromas and flavors of blackberries, dark cherries, plums and chocolate. The finish is smooth and dry.
- Item #: i_372430Bottle Size: 1LThe Crnko farm is located on the eastern side of Slovenia, north of Maribor and just south of the Austrian border. All the fruit is estate grown and comes from the family's 6 hectares of mixed white varietals. The vines are planted in the region's unique marl soils and sustainably farmed. This charming white is a blend of Sauvignon Blanc, Ravenec (Muller-Thurgau), Laski Riesling (Welschriesling). It has only 11% alcohol and is as drinkable and refreshing as wine comes. Riesling dominates the aromatics offering juicy tangerine and quince notes to the silty minerality that Crnko wines often share. As a beverage it is thirst quenching and light on its feet with invigorating acidity that makes it difficult to set down. During the summers in the village of Jarenina, locals mix it with sparkling water and then proceed to consume it long into the night.
- Item #: i_372443Bottle Size: 750MLThis pleasant, clean, fruity yet crisp Pinot Grigio comes to us from father and son team Edi and Aleks Simcic (SEEM chitch) in the Primorska region of Slovenia, just a stone's throw from Italy's Friulian border and the Colli Orientali. Green apples on the nose; good fruit in the mouth balanced by good acidity on the finish. Great value!
- Item #: i_372454Bottle Size: 750mlFull-bodied and well-balanced with smooth tannins, this wine is packed with flavors of dried strawberry, raspberry licorice, and hints of wild game. Enjoy with grilled and cured meats, hard cheeses and pizza. Grgic Vina was established in 1996 by legendary Napa Valley winemaker, Croation-born Miljenko "Mike" Grgich, and his daughter, Violet. The winery is just north of the historic walled city Dubrovnik in the southern Dalmatian wine region. Mike started the winery to produce the finest wines from native Dalmatian grapes. When Mike Grgich came to the Napa Valley in 1958 to make wine, he noticed a remarkable resemblance between the Zinfandel and Plavac Mali of his native Croatia. Some 35 years later, Mike worked with scientists at University of California, Davis to prove that Zinfandel was actually Crljenak Kaštelanski, a grape native to Croatia and parent of Plavac Mali.
- Item #: i_372566Bottle Size: 750mlThis dry, flavorful white offers aromas and flavors of citrus, ripe yellow plums, apple and chamomile. Round and rich in the mouth it finishes with crisp flavors of Meyer lemon. Voskeat is an old grape variety which probably originated in Western Armenia. During the Soviet occupation it was mainly used to make fortified or sparkling wine. Today Armenian winemakers are making delicious, dry table wines from this grape.
- Item #: i_302556Bottle Size: 750mlThis red, sourced from high altitude vineyards in Lebanon's Batroun district, is composed of 35% Cabernet Sauvignon; 26% Caladoc (a cross of Malbec and Grenache); 22% Syrah and 17% Tempranillo. Decanter magazine describes Ixsir's Altitudes Rouge as: "... a beautifully integrated wine made with the help of Chateau Angelus' Hubert de Bouard. Lifted cassis, capsicum, herbs and violets meld with silky tannins and fresh acidity."
- Item #: i_372365Bottle Size: 750mlThe wine, made of the grape variety once called Tocai Friulano or Briški Tokaj, is crystalline with a straw yellow colour. Its bouquet is very fruity, with ripe peach, pear and apricot kernel aroma. The sensation of fruitiness persists in the mouth with a fresh and pleasant medium length finish. It goes well with white meat and fish.
- Item #: i_372574Bottle Size: 750mlThe Karas red is an elegant blend of 35% Syrah; 35% Malbec; 20% Cabernet Franc and 10% Tannat. Full bodied with balanced fruit, this ruby red wine has rich flavors of red and black berries leading to a long finish. The Armavir region, located at the base of Mount Ararat, is known for its higher levation climate and volcanic soil.
- Item #: i_372398Bottle Size: 750mlLa Ferme Rouge was founded as a vineyard and olive orchard in 1908. The winery was started in 1933. Located in the Zaer region of Morocco, about 45 kilometers from the Atlantic ocean and at an elevation of 450 meters, the vineyards benefit from cool ocean breezes. Grapes are hand-picked, pressed gently and fermented in temperature-regulated concrete vats. This full-bodied red is a blend of Syrah and Tempranillo. Aromas of violets (and a hint of mocha) lead to black currant flavors on the palate.
- Item #: i_372386Bottle Size: 750mlThis is a delightful blend of organically farmed Cabernet Sauvignon (80%), Carignan (10%) and 10% Marselan (a crossing of Grenache and Cabernet Sauvignon) from the Zaer region of Morocco. La Ferme Rouge was founded as a vineyard and olive orchard in 1908. The winery was started in 1933. Located in the Zaer region of Morocco, about 45 kilometers from the Atlantic ocean and at an elevation of 450 meters, the vineyards benefit from cool ocean breezes. Grapes are organically farmed, hand-picked, pressed gently and fermented in temperature-regulated concrete vats. Winemaker Jaques Poulain believes in farming harmoniously with nature.
- Item #: i_372560Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2018 Terres Blanches from La Ferme Rouge is composed of organically farmed Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc and Viognier. The nose displays aromas of acacia flowers and citrus fruits, with a touch of apricot and white peaches. This aromatic complexity quickly gives way to a lively attack on the palate leading to round, mouthfilling flavors and a dry, elegant finish.
La Ferme Rouge was founded as a vineyard and olive orchard in 1908. The winery was started in 1933. Located in the Zaer region of Morocco, about 45 kilometers from the Atlantic ocean and at an elevation of 450 meters, the vineyards benefit from cool ocean breezes. Grapes are organically farmed, hand-picked, pressed gently and fermented in temperature-regulated concrete vats. Winemaker Jaques Poulain believes in farming harmoniously with nature.
- Item #: i_372380Bottle Size: 750mlLa Ferme Rouge was founded as a vineyard and olive orchard in 1908. The winery was started in 1933. Located in the Zaer region of Morocco, about 45 kilometers from the Atlantic ocean and at an elevation of 450 meters, the vineyards benefit from cool ocean breezes. Grapes are hand-picked, pressed gently and fermented in temperature-regulated concrete vats.
The 2019 Le Gris is composed of 100% Cinsault. This rose has a lovely pink color and aromas of fresh berries on the nose. On the palate rich red berry and peach flavors lead to a clean dry finish.
- Item #: i_372379Bottle Size: 750mlMatija (Matic) Zerjav is a third-generation vigneronwho is dedicated toorganic farming. All wines are wild yeast fermented with no chemicals or fining agents. This white, made from the grape variey Kerner (a crossing of Riesling and Schava) received 36 hours of skin contact and spent six months in stainless steel with the fine yeasts present. A very low amount of sulfites was added at bottling. This dry white displays citrus and white peach notes and a dry finish.
- Item #: i_372340Bottle Size: 750mlNaturally sweet on the palate, warm, velvety with delicate fruit flavors. Complements soft cheeses, sweet meat and fish dishes and all desserts.
- Item #: i_362382Bottle Size: 750mlThis Plavac has a very dark color. On the nose you find aromas of boysenberries with a hint of fine herbs. On the palate this red has good fruit without a hint of jamminess. The finish is long and smooth.
The Milos(Mee-loash)family has farmed and lived on their land near the village of Ston for over 500 years. Their vineyards are located on steep hillsides leading down to the Adriatic Sea. The Plavac Mali (a relative of Zinfandel) vines are head pruned and organically farmed. Fermentation (only the native yeasts are used) takes place in open-topped stainless steel to start and then finishes in large Slavonian oak barrels, never new. The wine is aged first in the barrels then in the bottle until its ready to be released.
- Item #: i_362362Bottle Size: 750mlIn 1930, at just 20 years old, Gaston Hochar founded Chateau Musar, inspired by Lebanon's 6,000 year winemaking tradition and his travels in Bordeaux. His 'wines with noblesse' greatly impressed senior officers in the army following on from the French mandate of the 1920s. Major Ronald Barton, of Château Langoa-Barton, stationed in Lebanon during World War II became a great friend, strengthening the links between Chateau Musar and Bordeaux that remain to this day. Flanked by snow-covered mountains, and nestled at 1000m (3,000 feet) above sea level, the serenely beautiful Bekaa Valley is blessed with 300 days of sunshine a year, fresh mountain breezes and an average temperature of 25°C (encompassing snowy winters and hot summers). Remote and unspoilt, the Musar vineyards were ‘organic’ by default before the term was coined. Hochar Père et Fils Red has been described as the ‘second’ wine of Chateau Musar, and it does bear some resemblance to the ‘Grand Vin’: rich, spicy and profoundly fruity, with a mellow quality derived from lengthy oak- and bottle ageing. Since its launch in the late 1980s, it has been sourced from a single Bekaa Valley vineyard planted in the late 1940s. When young, the wines are robust and aromatic, with baked plum, warm earth, leather, thyme and dark chocolate characters. With age they become tawnier and spicier.
- Item #: i_372413Bottle Size: 750MLMontenegro is a small country across the Adriatic from Southern Italy. There is a long tradition of viticulture in Montenegro dating back to at least the second century BC. Vranac is an ancient red grape varietal native to the Balkans. It is widely assumed that it is a relative of Plavac Mali (Croatia) which is the descendent of a naturally occurring hybrid of Zinfandel (Crljenak Kastelanski) and Dobricic. Like Plavac and Zinfandel, Vranac displays a dark ruby color and a fairly full body. The Pro Corde by Plantaze Winery is a reserve quality example of an extremely well-made Vranac. This crowd pleaser sports a deep, almost purple color with deep rich black fruit flavors. Black berries and supple cherry tones dominate the aromas, bursting into a pleasurable harmonious experience on the palate. At the same time there are smoky or savory elements, like some Rhone reds. This is great with cheese, smoked meats, sausages, grilled vegetables and, of course, a nice cut of steak.