- Item #: i_365527Bottle Size: 750mlReleased in the spring of 2018, the Chateau Musar Red of this year is a dark blood red colour with a rich, fragrant fruit nose; mulberries, black cherries, plums with a hint of mocha. The palate is very intense and concentrated, it’s full of volume and characterised by forest and black fruits with elegant spice. The tannins are soft and juicy and it has a lengthy finish. Chateau Musar Red 2011 is a vibrantly powerful vintage and cellared well it will keep for decades. A great match for red meats, especially game, seasonal casseroles and mature cheeses.
- Item #: i_365524Bottle Size: 750mlThe flagship Musar bottling, this blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cinsault and Carignan is complex and rich, save for the gust of spice that comes in on the acidity and brightens the finish. It’s wild and warm, a mature Mediterranean red with a forest floor complexity that keeps it engaging for hours.
- Item #: i_362381Bottle Size: 750mlMoreno Coronica, whose family has lived in the area for 600 years, founded his winery in 1992 after the fall of communist Yugoslavia. Located about an hour's drive south of Trieste, Italy, Moreno has 75 acres of vineyards planted in "Terra Rossa" soil. He is well known for his crisp dry white made from Malvasia Istarka. This delicious white was fermented and aged in stainless steel. On the nose you find aromas of citrus and sea shells; in the mouth the wine is elegant, flavorful and deliciously dry.
Moreno Coronica's Dry Malvasia Istarska is considered a bench mark example of this indigenous variety. This is an unbeatable white with fresh grilled shellfish doused in Istrian olive oil. Enjoyed over the course of a few days it blossoms, becoming fuller, softer and more candied aromatically.
- Item #: i_372393Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Val d'Argan is located on semi-arid plains near the coastal town of Essaouira, Morocco. It was founded by winemaker Charles Melia in 1994. He planted Rhone Valley/Mediterranean varietals on virgin land and farms using only organic methods. His wines are French in style: flavorful, crisp and dry. This delicious white is made from Ugni Blanc, Viognier, Muscat and Grenache. Limited availability.
- Item #: i_372640Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker Burkhard Schuchmann makes this ORANGE or AMBER wine from the native Georgian white grape variety Mtsvane. The grapes (including skins and seeds) are fermented in massive clay vats called qvevri. These amphora-like vats are buried in the earth which keeps the fermenting wine cool. This is the way wine was made in Georgia 3,000 years ago. The white grapes transform into a sunset-colored tea-like Mtsvane, fragrant with dried fruit and roasted chesnuts. On the palate the wine is firmly dry, gently tannic and positively food-friendly.
- Item #: i_300139Bottle Size: 750mlTHIS IS IT... the "O.Z.", (Original Zinfandel)
Crljenak Kaštelanski was an almost extinct Dalmatian grape varietal until DNA fingerprinting revealed that it was an exact DNA match to both Zinfandel and the Italian grape Primitivo.
Dubrovacki's Crljenak Kaštelanski vines were planted in 2007 above the village of Cavtat, in a new 12 hectare vineyard called Mrcevlje. The average yield per vine for the 2015 vintage was 1.13 kg. After a 5-day maceration and a 30-day fermentation, the wine spent one year in used oak, a combination of 225 and 500 liters Croatian and Hungarian oak barrels. After 2 months in stainless steel, the wine was bottled without fining or filtering. This medium-bodied Zin features aromas and flavors of raspberries and blackberries. Serve with beef, lamb or sausages.
- Item #: i_372443Bottle Size: 750MLThis pleasant, clean, fruity yet crisp Pinot Grigio comes to us from father and son team Edi and Aleks Simcic (SEEM chitch) in the Primorska region of Slovenia, just a stone's throw from Italy's Friulian border and the Colli Orientali. Green apples on the nose; good fruit in the mouth balanced by good acidity on the finish. Great value!
- Item #: i_372454Bottle Size: 750mlFull-bodied and well-balanced with smooth tannins, this wine is packed with flavors of dried strawberry, raspberry licorice, and hints of wild game. Enjoy with grilled and cured meats, hard cheeses and pizza. Grgic Vina was established in 1996 by legendary Napa Valley winemaker, Croation-born Miljenko "Mike" Grgich, and his daughter, Violet. The winery is just north of the historic walled city Dubrovnik in the southern Dalmatian wine region. Mike started the winery to produce the finest wines from native Dalmatian grapes. When Mike Grgich came to the Napa Valley in 1958 to make wine, he noticed a remarkable resemblance between the Zinfandel and Plavac Mali of his native Croatia. Some 35 years later, Mike worked with scientists at University of California, Davis to prove that Zinfandel was actually Crljenak Kaštelanski, a grape native to Croatia and parent of Plavac Mali.
- Item #: i_302556Bottle Size: 750mlThis red, sourced from high altitude vineyards in Lebanon's Batroun district, is composed of 35% Cabernet Sauvignon; 26% Caladoc (a cross of Malbec and Grenache); 22% Syrah and 17% Tempranillo. Decanter magazine describes Ixsir's Altitudes Rouge as: "... a beautifully integrated wine made with the help of Chateau Angelus' Hubert de Bouard. Lifted cassis, capsicum, herbs and violets meld with silky tannins and fresh acidity."
- Item #: i_372363Bottle Size: 750mlThirty days skin contact(maceration)gives this white wine a golden yellow color. The bouquet is dominated by hints of vanilla and aromas of white peach and grapes. Those fruit flavors persist in the mouth and are balanced by good minerality. The finish is long and intense. It's full-bodied, so it's a perfect match for structured dishes, such as white meat and vegetables. Owner/winemaker Jean Michel Morel used no pesticides in the vineyards and no sulfur was added.
- Item #: i_372520Bottle Size: 750mlMacerated and unfiltered dry white made from organically farmed Grk (Gerk) grapes. This is a very rare grape variety and only miniscule amounts of this wine are made.
Denis Bogoevic Marusic is the third generation winemaker for this boutique winery located on Croatia's Peljesac Peninsula. The winery has two hectares of vineyards located on very steep hillsides above the Adriatic Sea. The vineyards are contoured and terraced with hand built dry-stone-walls. The grapes are farmed organically (certified) and Denis follows bio-dynamic principles. Fermentation in neutral oak occcurs with the indigenous yeast naturally present on the grapes.
- Item #: i_372386Bottle Size: 750mlThis is a delightful blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Carignan and Marselan (a crossing of Grenache and Cabernet Sauvignon) from the Zaer region of Morocco. La Ferme Rouge was founded as a vineyard and olive orchard in 1908. The winery was started in 1933. Located in the Zaer region of Morocco, about 45 kilometers from the Atlantic ocean and at an elevation of 450 meters, the vineyards benefit from cool ocean breezes. Grapes are hand-picked, pressed gently and fermented in temperature-regulated concrete vats. Winemaker Jaques Poulain believes in farming harmoniously with nature.
- Item #: i_372398Bottle Size: 750mlLa Ferme Rouge was founded as a vineyard and olive orchard in 1908. The winery was started in 1933. Located in the Zaer region of Morocco, about 45 kilometers from the Atlantic ocean and at an elevation of 450 meters, the vineyards benefit from cool ocean breezes. Grapes are hand-picked, pressed gently and fermented in temperature-regulated concrete vats. This full-bodied red is a blend of Syrah and Tempranillo. Aromas of violets (and a hint of mocha) lead to black currant flavors on the palate.
- Item #: i_372380Bottle Size: 750mlLa Ferme Rouge was founded as a vineyard and olive orchard in 1908. The winery was started in 1933. Located in the Zaer region of Morocco, about 45 kilometers from the Atlantic ocean and at an elevation of 450 meters, the vineyards benefit from cool ocean breezes. Grapes are hand-picked, pressed gently and fermented in temperature-regulated concrete vats.
The 2018 Le Gris is composed of 100% Cinsault. This rose has a lovely pale pink color and aromas of fresh berries on the nose. On the palate rich red berry and peach flavors lead to a clean dry finish.
- Item #: i_372340Bottle Size: 750mlNaturally sweet on the palate, warm, velvety with delicate fruit flavors. Complements soft cheeses, sweet meat and fish dishes and all desserts.
- Item #: i_372390Bottle Size: 750mlPasaeli K2 is a blend of 70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Cabernet Franc, 5% Merlot, and 5% Petit Verdot grown in the Serez vineyard in Kaynaklar - Izmir. After fermentation, the wine is aged for 12 months in French oak. This is the winery's best seller in Turkey, and has gained them some notoriety with Jancis Robinson, among other critics, over the years. The nose has rich aromas of sweet, ripe cassis and blackberry.
- Item #: i_372389Bottle Size: 750mlYapincak is a grape variety grown exclusively on the European side of Turkey (Thrace) near coastal villages. The fruit for this wine comes from a single vineyard in Sarkoy that is about 150 meters above sea level and is facing south towards Sea of Marmara. There is always a cooling breeze coming from the sea. The vineyard has a gentle incline which is great for drainage. The vines are about 35 years old and are free standing vines with low yields and high quality. The grapes are pressed with whole clusters and 90% fermented in stainless steel tanks with the other 10% in neutral French oak barrels. Aged for 3 months sur lie before bottling. Very pale gold. Highly distinctive aroma, both rich and tangy. Intense lemon, hint of clementine plus a more oily minerality and quince. Lovely citrus on the palate too - bright and crisp and full in the mouth with decent acidity and minerality.
- Item #: i_372394Bottle Size: 750mlDry rose from Turkey? Yes, and it is absolutely deicious! The Pasaeli 2018 Rose is made from Calkarasi grapes grown in a single vineyard at an elevation of 850 meters in the Aegean region of Western Turkey. The grapes were fermented in stainless steel and the wine aged on its lees for three months. On the nose you find aromas of strawberries and raspberries. On the palate this pink is well balanced with good acidity and lively, lovely juicy fruit. Very limited availability.
- Item #: i_372392Bottle Size: 750mlThis dry red from the Kakheti region of the Republic of Georgia is made from organic Saperavi grapes. This red displays a very dark purple-red color. The nose and palate feature aromas and flavors of black and red fruits. This red is rich and complex with a dry finish. Let this breathe a bit and serve with beef or lamb.
- Item #: i_372396Bottle Size: 750mlSansigot is a red variety that, before the 1950s, made up about 20 percent of black grapes growing on the Croatian island, Krk. It is also grown on the tiny island of Susak to the southwest, where it is described as yielding “deeply colored, full-bodied wines” (Robinson, et al, Wine Grapes). On Krk, Ivica Dobrincic of Sipun (she-poon) Winery makes a varietal Sansigot that is light to medium bodied, with a delicate floral aroma, cherry-like fruit and low tannins.
- Item #: i_300020Bottle Size: 750mlThe Slavcek family practices sustainable farming and natural winemaking. Their delightful Sivi Pinot (Pinot Grigio) has a hint of pink color because of skin contact. The wine is unfiltered and offers elegant fruit aromas and flavors balanced by minerality.