- Item #: i_365526Bottle Size: 750MLThe 2010 Chateau Musar is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Carignan and Cinsault sourced from vineyards located in the Bekaa Valley. The vines are planted on gravelly soils over limestone. The average age of the organically farmed vines is 40-years-old. This unfiltered and unfined red displays nice fruit, an elegant mid-palate, and a persistent finish.
- Item #: i_362381Bottle Size: 750mlMoreno Coronica, whose family has lived in the area for 600 years, founded his winery in 1992 after the fall of communist Yugoslavia. Located about an hour's drive south of Trieste, Italy, Moreno has 75 acres of vineyards planted in "Terra Rossa" soil. He is well known for his crisp dry white made from Malvasia Istarka. This delicious white was fermented and aged in stainless steel. On the nose you find aromas of citrus and sea shells; in the mouth the wine is elegant, flavorful and deliciously dry.
Moreno Coronica's Dry Malvasia Istarska is considered a bench mark example of this indigenous variety. This is an unbeatable white with fresh grilled shellfish doused in Istrian olive oil. Enjoyed over the course of a few days it blossoms, becoming fuller, softer and more candied aromatically.
- Item #: i_372430Bottle Size: 1LThe Crnko farm is located on the eastern side of Slovenia, north of Maribor and just south of the Austrian border. All the fruit is estate grown and comes from the family's 6 hectares of mixed white varietals. The vines are planted in the regions unique marl soils and sustainably farmed. This charming white is a blend of Sauvignon Blanc, Ravenec (Muller-Thurgau), Laski Riesling (Welschriesling). It has only 11% alcohol and is as drinkable and refreshing as wine comes. Riesling dominates the aromatics offering juicy tangerine and quince notes to the silty minerality that Crnko wines often share. As a beverage it is thirst quenching and light on its feet with invigorating acidity that makes it difficult to set down. During the summers in the village of Jarenina, locals mix it with sparkling water and then proceed to consume it long into the night.
- Item #: i_372393Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Val d'Argan is located on semi-arid plains near the coastal town of Essaouira, Morocco. It was founded by winemaker Charles Melia in 1994. He planted Mediterranean varietals on virgin land and farms using only organic methods. His wines are French in style: flavorful, crisp and dry. This delicious white is made from Ugni Blanc, Viognier, Muscat and Grenache. Limited availability.
- Item #: i_372640Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker Burkhard Schuchmann makes this ORANGE or AMBER wine from the native Georgian white grape variety Mtsvane. The grapes (including skins and seeds) are fermented in massive clay vats called qvevri. These amphora-like vats are buried in the earth which keeps the fermenting wine cool. This is the way wine was made in Georgia 3,000 years ago. The white grapes transform into a sunset-colored tea-like Mtsvane, fragrant with dried fruit and roasted chesnuts. On the palate the wine is firmly dry, gently tannic and positively food-friendly.
- Item #: i_300139Bottle Size: 750mlTHIS IS IT... the "O.Z.", (Original Zinfandel)
Crljenak Kaštelanski was an almost extinct Dalmatian grape varietal until DNA fingerprinting revealed that it was an exact DNA match to both Zinfandel and the Italian grape Primitivo.
Dubrovacki's Crljenak Kaštelanski vines were planted in 2007 above the village of Cavtat, in a new 12 hectare vineyard called Mrcevlje. The average yield per vine for the 2015 vintage was 1.13 kg. After a 5-day maceration and a 30-day fermentation, the wine spent one year in used oak, a combination of 225 and 500 liters Croatian and Hungarian oak barrels. After 2 months in stainless steel, the wine was bottled without fining or filtering. This medium-bodied Zin features aromas and flavors of raspberries and blackberries. Serve with beef, lamb or sausages.
- Item #: i_372443Bottle Size: 750MLThis pleasant, clean, fruity yet crisp Pinot Grigio comes to us from father and son team Edi and Aleks Simcic (SEEM chitch) in the Primorska region of Slovenia, just a stone's throw from Italy's Friulian border and the Colli Orientali. Green apples on the nose; good fruit in the mouth balanced by good acidity on the finish. Great value!
- Item #: i_372454Bottle Size: 750mlFull-bodied and well-balanced with smooth tannins, this wine is packed with flavors of dried strawberry, raspberry licorice, and hints of wild game. Enjoy with grilled and cured meats, hard cheeses and pizza. Grgic Vina was established in 1996 by legendary Napa Valley winemaker, Croation-born Miljenko "Mike" Grgich, and his daughter, Violet. The winery is just north of the historic walled city Dubrovnik in the southern Dalmatian wine region. Mike started the winery to produce the finest wines from native Dalmatian grapes. When Mike Grgich came to the Napa Valley in 1958 to make wine, he noticed a remarkable resemblance between the Zinfandel and Plavac Mali of his native Croatia. Some 35 years later, Mike worked with scientists at University of California, Davis to prove that Zinfandel was actually Crljenak Kaštelanski, a grape native to Croatia and parent of Plavac Mali.
- Item #: i_302556Bottle Size: 750mlThis red, sourced from high altitude vineyards in Lebanon's Batroun district, is composed of 35% Cabernet Sauvignon; 26% Caladoc (a cross of Malbec and Grenache); 22% Syrah and 17% Tempranillo. Decanter magazine describes Ixsir's Altitudes Rouge as: "... a beautifully integrated wine made with the help of Chateau Angelus' Hubert de Bouard. Lifted cassis, capsicum, herbs and violets meld with silky tannins and fresh acidity."
- Item #: i_372365Bottle Size: 750mlThe wine, made of the grape variety once called Tocai Friulano or Briški Tokaj, is crystalline with a straw yellow colour. Its bouquet is very fruity, with ripe peach, pear and apricot kernel aroma. The sensation of fruitiness persists in the mouth with a fresh and pleasant medium length finish. It goes well with white meat and fish.
- Item #: i_372363Bottle Size: 750mlThirty days skin contact(maceration)gives this white wine a golden yellow color. The bouquet is dominated by hints of vanilla and aromas of white peach and grapes. Those fruit flavors persist in the mouth and are balanced by good minerality. The finish is long and intense. It's full-bodied, so it's a perfect match for structured dishes, such as white meat and vegetables. Owner/winemaker Jean Michel Morel used no pesticides in the vineyards and no sulfur was added.
- Item #: i_362605Bottle Size: 750mlThis Armenian wine made from the ancient grape variety, Sireni, displays a deep red color. On the nose you find intense dark berry and ripe red fruit aromas, further enhanced by the mouth filling medium long finish.
- Item #: i_372500Bottle Size: 750mlDenis Bogoevic Marusic is the third generation winemaker for this boutique winery located on Croatia's Peljesac Peninsula. The winery has two hectares of vineyards located on very steep hillsides above the Adriatic Sea. The vineyards are contoured and terraced with hand built dry-stone-walls. The grapes are farmed organically (certified) and Denis follows bio-dynamic principles. Fermentation in neutral oak occcurs with the indigenous yeast naturally present on the grapes.
The 2016 Kriz Plavac Mali (genetically related to Zinfandel) is a big, full-bodied red that is both rich and approachable yet not jammy. Aromas and flavors of boysenberry and raspberry lead to a well-structured finish with soft tannins. This red definitely reflects its terroir. Very limited supply.
- Item #: i_372520Bottle Size: 750mlMacerated and unfiltered dry white made from organically farmed Grk (Gerk) grapes. This is a very rare grape variety and only miniscule amounts of this wine are made.
Denis Bogoevic Marusic is the third generation winemaker for this boutique winery located on Croatia's Peljesac Peninsula. The winery has two hectares of vineyards located on very steep hillsides above the Adriatic Sea. The vineyards are contoured and terraced with hand built dry-stone-walls. The grapes are farmed organically (certified) and Denis follows bio-dynamic principles. Fermentation in neutral oak occcurs with the indigenous yeast naturally present on the grapes.
- Item #: i_372380Bottle Size: 750mlLa Ferme Rouge was founded as a vineyard and olive orchard in 1908. The winery was started in 1933. Located in the Zaer region of Morocco, about 45 kilometers from the Atlantic ocean and at an elevation of 450 meters, the vineyards benefit from cool ocean breezes. Grapes are hand-picked, pressed gently and fermented in temperature-regulated concrete vats.
The 2017 Le Gris is composed of 100% Cinsault. This rose has a lovely pale pink color and aromas of fresh berries on the nose. On the palate rich red berry and peach flavors lead to a clean dry finish.
- Item #: i_372386Bottle Size: 750mlThis is a delightful blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Carignan and Marselan (a crossing of Grenache and Cabernet Sauvignon) from the Zaer region of Morocco. La Ferme Rouge was founded as a vineyard and olive orchard in 1908. The winery was started in 1933. Located in the Zaer region of Morocco, about 45 kilometers from the Atlantic ocean and at an elevation of 450 meters, the vineyards benefit from cool ocean breezes. Grapes are hand-picked, pressed gently and fermented in temperature-regulated concrete vats. Winemaker Jaques Poulain believes in farming harmoniously with nature.
- Item #: i_372340Bottle Size: 750mlNaturally sweet on the palate, warm, velvety with delicate fruit flavors. Complements soft cheeses, sweet meat and fish dishes and all desserts.
- Item #: i_372350Bottle Size: 750mlFounded in 1923, Domaine Ouled Thaleb is a leader in the revival of Morocco's wine industry. The winery is located ten miles northeast of Casablanca facing the ocean. The stunningly good Signature red is made from a blend of 50% Marselan (a cross of Cabernet Sauvignon and Grenache), 35% Petit Verdot and 15% Carmenere. Only organically farmed grapes from 25-year-old vines are used for this blend. The vineyard is located at an altitude of 300 feet on Morocco's Atlantic coast. Fermented in concrete tanks, the wine is aged in oak barrels (only 10% new). Aromas and flavors of cassis, blackberry and fine herbs lead to a smooth, long finish. Serve with beef, lamb or grilled sausages. Very limited supply.
- Item #: i_372390Bottle Size: 750mlPasaeli K2 is a blend of 70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Cabernet Franc, 5% Merlot, and 5% Petit Verdot grown in the Serez vineyard in Kaynaklar - Izmir. After fermentation, the wine is aged for 12 months in French oak. This is the winery's best seller in Turkey, and has gained them some notoriety with Jancis Robinson, among other critics, over the years. The nose has rich aromas of sweet, ripe cassis and blackberry.
- Item #: i_372389Bottle Size: 750mlYapincak is a grape variety grown exclusively on the European side of Turkey (Thrace) near coastal villages. The fruit for this wine comes from a single vineyard in Sarkoy that is about 150 meters above sea level and is facing south towards Sea of Marmara. There is always a cooling breeze coming from the sea. The vineyard has a gentle incline which is great for drainage. The vines are about 35 years old and are free standing vines with low yields and high quality. The grapes are pressed with whole clusters and 90% fermented in stainless steel tanks with the other 10% in neutral French oak barrels. Aged for 3 months sur lie before bottling. Very pale gold. Highly distinctive aroma, both rich and tangy. Intense lemon, hint of clementine plus a more oily minerality and quince. Lovely citrus on the palate too - bright and crisp and full in the mouth with decent acidity and minerality.
- Item #: i_372392Bottle Size: 750mlThis dry red from the Kakheti region of the Republic of Georgia is made from organic Saperavi grapes. This red displays a very dark purple-red color. The nose and palate feature aromas and flavors of black and red fruits. This red is rich and complex with a dry finish. Let this breathe a bit and serve with beef or lamb.