- Item #: i_365527Bottle Size: 750mlReleased in the spring of 2018, the Chateau Musar Red of this year is a dark blood red colour with a rich, fragrant fruit nose; mulberries, black cherries, plums with a hint of mocha. The palate is very intense and concentrated, it’s full of volume and characterised by forest and black fruits with elegant spice. The tannins are soft and juicy and it has a lengthy finish. Chateau Musar Red 2011 is a vibrantly powerful vintage and cellared well it will keep for decades. A great match for red meats, especially game, seasonal casseroles and mature cheeses.
- Item #: i_365524Bottle Size: 750mlThe flagship Musar bottling, this blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cinsault and Carignan is complex and rich, save for the gust of spice that comes in on the acidity and brightens the finish. It’s wild and warm, a mature Mediterranean red with a forest floor complexity that keeps it engaging for hours.
- Item #: i_362381Bottle Size: 750mlMoreno Coronica, whose family has lived in the area for 600 years, founded his winery in 1992 after the fall of communist Yugoslavia. Located about an hour's drive south of Trieste, Italy, Moreno has 75 acres of vineyards planted in "Terra Rossa" soil. He is well known for his crisp dry white made from Malvasia Istarka. This delicious white was fermented and aged in stainless steel. On the nose you find aromas of citrus and sea shells; in the mouth the wine is elegant, flavorful and deliciously dry.
Moreno Coronica's Dry Malvasia Istarska is considered a bench mark example of this indigenous variety. This is an unbeatable white with fresh grilled shellfish doused in Istrian olive oil. Enjoyed over the course of a few days it blossoms, becoming fuller, softer and more candied aromatically.
- Item #: i_372430Bottle Size: 1LThe Crnko farm is located on the eastern side of Slovenia, north of Maribor and just south of the Austrian border. All the fruit is estate grown and comes from the family's 6 hectares of mixed white varietals. The vines are planted in the regions unique marl soils and sustainably farmed. This charming white is a blend of Sauvignon Blanc, Ravenec (Muller-Thurgau), Laski Riesling (Welschriesling). It has only 11% alcohol and is as drinkable and refreshing as wine comes. Riesling dominates the aromatics offering juicy tangerine and quince notes to the silty minerality that Crnko wines often share. As a beverage it is thirst quenching and light on its feet with invigorating acidity that makes it difficult to set down. During the summers in the village of Jarenina, locals mix it with sparkling water and then proceed to consume it long into the night.
- Item #: i_300139Bottle Size: 750mlTHIS IS IT... the "O.Z.", (Original Zinfandel)
Crljenak Kaštelanski was an almost extinct Dalmatian grape varietal until DNA fingerprinting revealed that it was an exact DNA match to both Zinfandel and the Italian grape Primitivo.
Dubrovacki's Crljenak Kaštelanski vines were planted in 2007 above the village of Cavtat, in a new 12 hectare vineyard called Mrcevlje. The average yield per vine for the 2015 vintage was 1.13 kg. After a 5-day maceration and a 30-day fermentation, the wine spent one year in used oak, a combination of 225 and 500 liters Croatian and Hungarian oak barrels. After 2 months in stainless steel, the wine was bottled without fining or filtering. This medium-bodied Zin features aromas and flavors of raspberries and blackberries. Serve with beef, lamb or sausages.
- Item #: i_372443Bottle Size: 750MLThis pleasant, clean, fruity yet crisp Pinot Grigio comes to us from father and son team Edi and Aleks Simcic (SEEM chitch) in the Primorska region of Slovenia, just a stone's throw from Italy's Friulian border and the Colli Orientali. Green apples on the nose; good fruit in the mouth balanced by good acidity on the finish. Great value!
- Item #: i_372454Bottle Size: 750mlFull-bodied and well-balanced with smooth tannins, this wine is packed with flavors of dried strawberry, raspberry licorice, and hints of wild game. Enjoy with grilled and cured meats, hard cheeses and pizza. Grgic Vina was established in 1996 by legendary Napa Valley winemaker, Croation-born Miljenko "Mike" Grgich, and his daughter, Violet. The winery is just north of the historic walled city Dubrovnik in the southern Dalmatian wine region. Mike started the winery to produce the finest wines from native Dalmatian grapes. When Mike Grgich came to the Napa Valley in 1958 to make wine, he noticed a remarkable resemblance between the Zinfandel and Plavac Mali of his native Croatia. Some 35 years later, Mike worked with scientists at University of California, Davis to prove that Zinfandel was actually Crljenak Kaštelanski, a grape native to Croatia and parent of Plavac Mali.
- Item #: i_302556Bottle Size: 750mlThis red, sourced from high altitude vineyards in Lebanon's Batroun district, is composed of 35% Cabernet Sauvignon; 26% Caladoc (a cross of Malbec and Grenache); 22% Syrah and 17% Tempranillo. Decanter magazine describes Ixsir's Altitudes Rouge as: "... a beautifully integrated wine made with the help of Chateau Angelus' Hubert de Bouard. Lifted cassis, capsicum, herbs and violets meld with silky tannins and fresh acidity."
- Item #: i_372520Bottle Size: 750mlMacerated and unfiltered dry white made from organically farmed Grk (Gerk) grapes. This is a very rare grape variety and only miniscule amounts of this wine are made.
"Proprietor and winemaker Denis Bogoevic Marusic brought the Grk vines to Peljesac and debuted (sic) his skin-contact Grk with his 2015 harvest. Natural fermentation occurs in the barrels and maceration lasts for less than a week. No sulfur is added and the wine is bottled without filtration. Vinaria Kriz's Grk has a bittersweet bouquet that evokes citrus rind, dried Mediterranean herbs, woodsmoke, and nuts. It's buoyant on the palate with white tea-like astringency. A macerated Grk that retains fresshness while simultaneously exhibits the compelling oxidative and phenolic aspects of a well-made amber wine (orange wine)." Exotic Wine Travel
Denis Bogoevic Marusic is the third generation winemaker for this boutique winery located on Croatia's Peljesac Peninsula. The winery has two hectares of vineyards located on very steep hillsides above the Adriatic Sea. The vineyards are contoured and terraced with hand built dry-stone-walls. The grapes are farmed organically (certified) and Denis follows bio-dynamic principles. Fermentation in neutral oak occcurs with the indigenous yeast naturally present on the grapes.
- Item #: i_372399Bottle Size: 750mlLa Ferme Rouge was founded as a vineyard and olive orchard in 1908. The winery was started in 1933. Located in the Zaer region of Morocco, about 45 kilometers from the Atlantic ocean and at an elevation of 450 meters, the vineyards benefit from cool ocean breezes. Grapes are hand-picked, pressed gently and fermented in temperature-regulated concrete vats. This delightful, dry, aromatic white displays white peach flavors and finishes with notes of citrus. It is a blend of Sauvignon Blanc and Vermentino.
- Item #: i_372398Bottle Size: 750mlLa Ferme Rouge was founded as a vineyard and olive orchard in 1908. The winery was started in 1933. Located in the Zaer region of Morocco, about 45 kilometers from the Atlantic ocean and at an elevation of 450 meters, the vineyards benefit from cool ocean breezes. Grapes are hand-picked, pressed gently and fermented in temperature-regulated concrete vats. This full-bodied red is a blend of Syrah and Tempranillo. Aromas of violets (and a hint of mocha) lead to black currant flavors on the palate.
- Item #: i_372380Bottle Size: 750mlLa Ferme Rouge was founded as a vineyard and olive orchard in 1908. The winery was started in 1933. Located in the Zaer region of Morocco, about 45 kilometers from the Atlantic ocean and at an elevation of 450 meters, the vineyards benefit from cool ocean breezes. Grapes are hand-picked, pressed gently and fermented in temperature-regulated concrete vats.
The 2018 Le Gris is composed of 100% Cinsault. This rose has a lovely pale pink color and aromas of fresh berries on the nose. On the palate rich red berry and peach flavors lead to a clean dry finish.
- Item #: i_372391Bottle Size: 750ml100% Saperavi from the Mukuzani appelation in the Kakheti region of the Republic of George. Dry with black cherry aromas and flavors.
- Item #: i_372340Bottle Size: 750mlNaturally sweet on the palate, warm, velvety with delicate fruit flavors. Complements soft cheeses, sweet meat and fish dishes and all desserts.
- Item #: i_362382Bottle Size: 750mlThis Plavac has a very dark color. On the nose you find aromas of boysenberries with a hint of fine herbs. On the palate this red has good fruit without a hint of jamminess. The finish is long and smooth.
The Milos(Mee-loash)family has farmed and lived on their land near the village of Ston for over 500 years. Their vineyards are located on steep hillsides leading down to the Adriatic Sea. The Plavac Mali (a relative of Zinfandel) vines are head pruned and organically farmed. Fermentation (only the native yeasts are used) takes place in open-topped stainless steel to start and then finishes in large Slavonian oak barrels, never new. The wine is aged first in the barrels then in the bottle until its ready to be released.
- Item #: i_372390Bottle Size: 750mlPasaeli K2 is a blend of 70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Cabernet Franc, 5% Merlot, and 5% Petit Verdot grown in the Serez vineyard in Kaynaklar - Izmir. After fermentation, the wine is aged for 12 months in French oak. This is the winery's best seller in Turkey, and has gained them some notoriety with Jancis Robinson, among other critics, over the years. The nose has rich aromas of sweet, ripe cassis and blackberry.
- Item #: i_372389Bottle Size: 750mlYapincak is a grape variety grown exclusively on the European side of Turkey (Thrace) near coastal villages. The fruit for this wine comes from a single vineyard in Sarkoy that is about 150 meters above sea level and is facing south towards Sea of Marmara. There is always a cooling breeze coming from the sea. The vineyard has a gentle incline which is great for drainage. The vines are about 35 years old and are free standing vines with low yields and high quality. The grapes are pressed with whole clusters and 90% fermented in stainless steel tanks with the other 10% in neutral French oak barrels. Aged for 3 months sur lie before bottling. Very pale gold. Highly distinctive aroma, both rich and tangy. Intense lemon, hint of clementine plus a more oily minerality and quince. Lovely citrus on the palate too - bright and crisp and full in the mouth with decent acidity and minerality.
- Item #: i_372397Bottle Size: 750mlThis amber/orange wine comes from the Telavi wine district of the Republic of Georgia. It is composed of the ancient Georgian white grape variety, Rkatsiteli, fermented and aged on the skins in traditional clay amphora (Qvevri).
- Item #: i_372396Bottle Size: 750mlSansigot is a red variety that, before the 1950s, made up about 20 percent of black grapes growing on the Croatian island, Krk. It is also grown on the tiny island of Susak to the southwest, where it is described as yielding “deeply colored, full-bodied wines” (Robinson, et al, Wine Grapes). On Krk, Ivica Dobrincic of Sipun (she-poon) Winery makes a varietal Sansigot that is light to medium bodied, with a delicate floral aroma, cherry-like fruit and low tannins.
- Item #: i_372602Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90The inky-colored 2015 Vranac Special Selection (100% Vranac, which is the local grape of North Macedonia) offers upfront, voluptuous levels of black raspberry, plum, violets and spring flowers. Full-bodied and featuring lots of fruit in the mouth it nevertheless has fabulous purity and good freshness. Jeb Dunnuck 90 “A smoking value as well as a custom blend by importer Eric Solomon and consultant Philippe Cambie, the 2015 Vranec Special Selection Old Vines is inky colored and offers a ripe, Paso Robles Zinfandel-like profile in its plum, spice, tobacco and earth-laced bouquet. Rounded, supple, polished and pure, it has loads to love and is a total steal at the price. This cuvée is 100% Vranec that spent 12 months in French oak.”~J.D.
- Item #: i_372458Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2013 Barovo is a blend of 65% Kratosija and 35% Vranec (both indigenous grape varieties) that was aged half in new barrels and half in concrete tank. Coming from vineyards lying at 1700 meters and inky black in color, it offers aromas and flavors of blackcurrants, earth, melted licorice, chocolate and ripe herbs. With full-bodied richness, layers of sweet fruit and no hard edges, it’s a great value to drink over the coming 3-4 years.
- Item #: i_372486Bottle Size: 750mlClassic Vranac of Petropavlovo polje with distinctive flavors of dried cranberry and pleasant notes of overdone bread. The taste is very refreshing, with particular tones of fresh berries. Acids are living, vibrant, and last to the very finish, in which a pure flavor of ripe cherry is distinguished.
- Item #: i_372395Bottle Size: 750mlA rich, flavorful blend of Syrah Grenache, Mourvedre and a touch of Muscat. Domaine Val d'Argan is located on semi-arid plains near the coastal town of Essaouira, Morocco. It was founded by winemaker Charles Melia in 1994. He planted Rhone Valley/Mediterranean varietals on virgin land and farms using only organic methods. His wines are French in style: flavorful, crisp and dry. Domaine du Val d'Argan is certified organic and biodynamic.