- Item #: i_381401Bottle Size: 750mlMerlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Franc
This is a ripe and moderately rich coastal Tuscan red, with enough extract to give a little velvety texture and structure. Driven by fruit (like plum, black cherry, and blackberry macerated in spirits), dried herbs, and a touch of vanilla from the year in oak. The finish gives you some pleasantly ripe fruit skins. A good wine for drinking on its own or partnering with moderately rich dishes.
This estate has been bringing us incredible value since the 90's with the help of the late legendary winemaker of Ornellaia, Tibor Gal, who assisted them in the start of their own winery. The Pellegrini estates include vineyards in some of the most reputable spots in Bolgheri. The home to some of the most well-known Super Tuscans in the world including the highly regarded, Sassicaia. The one place where Bordeaux varietals take precedence over any native Italian grape.
The Pellegrini family have been grape growers for many generations and have sold their grapes to some of the Top Super Tuscan houses for many years. Their property, Casavecchia, is adjacent to the highly regarded Ornellaia and shares many attributes of its more famous neighbor. Somehow, even in this high rent district, Aia Vecchia has brought us an affordable interpretation of this fantastic Mediterranean climate location. This fantastic Super Tuscan is drinking exceptionally well right now!
- Item #: i_302116Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 93Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, & Syrah
JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "A savory, spicy red with dark berries and chocolate and a hint of vanilla on the palate. Medium to full body, very chewy tannins and a flavorful finish. Drink from 2021."
NC is a wine with a decisive, full-bodied character, smooth tannins and a persistent finish. This blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah andSangiovese reveals an exciting potency, with the innate gentleness of Merlot creating a bridge between the evident earthiness of Sangiovese, the aromatic blackcurrant flavour of Cabernet and the warm red berries of Syrah. The result is a generous, rounded red wine, destined for short to medium ageing, with delicious aromas of currants and generous fruit flavours, versatile enough to develop in greater depth during long months in the bottle.
- Item #: i_301594Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 92JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "A very ripe and decadent Lucente that delivers barbecued meat, dried blackberries, vanilla and fruit cake. Full-bodied and expansive on the palate, but not as enormous as the nose might suggest. Surprisingly firm tannins rein in this powerful wine on the finish. Drink from 2024."
- Item #: i_302612Bottle Size: 750mlORGANICALLY FARMED
Named for the road going past the winery, SP68 is a blend of Nero d’Avola and Frappato made from young vines and new plantings. Many think of Sicily as a source of bulk wine, but Arianna’s are soulful and balanced, fresh and lively. The Nero imparts rich dark red fruits and the Frappato gives a high-toned raspberry note, a perfect balance of power and finesse. The wine is energetic and electric, bursting with flavors of tart cherry, raspberry and herbs and soft tannins, making this one of the best values in her lineup. This is a wine we would heartily recommend to be served slightly chilled with food.
- Item #: i_301238Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 97ANTONIO GALLONI; VINOUS 97 POINTS - "A stunning wine, the 2017 Ornellaia offers a captivating interplay of richness and energy. Picking early was the key. Young vine Cabernet Sauvignon and Franc were harvested in August for the first time ever. In the glass, the 2017 offers up an enticing mélange of mocha, cedar, tobacco and licorice, with soft curves that add to its sensuality and allure. The 2017 is sumptuous and racy, as Ornellaias from warmer years tend to be, but it is not at all heavy or overdone. In a word: superb!" (AG)
Tenuta dell'Ornellaia was founded in 1981, in a beautiful, unspoiled part of Tuscany. From the outset, their mission was to produce outstanding wines. Since then passion and dedication, coupled with a unique terroir and an extraordinary microclimate, has brought the Tenuta dell'Ornellaia's prestigious labels great success and recognition as one of the most important wineries in the world.
- Item #: i_301456Bottle Size: 750mlMostly Cabernet Sauvignon, backed up by Merlot and Syrah.
WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS -"This is another extremely popular wine that is easily found up and down the Tuscan Coast. This red blend (with the largest part of the blend going to Cabernet Sauvignon) opens to a soft and velvety texture. The 2017 Bolgheri Rosso Il Bruciato offers some noticeable ripeness with black cherry, prune and raisin. But ultimately, the wine shows a good level of freshness because the acidity in the grapes was concentrated (like everything else in this hot vintage)."