- Item #: i_381401Bottle Size: 750mlMerlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Franc
This is a ripe and moderately rich coastal Tuscan red, with enough extract to give a little velvety texture and structure. Driven by fruit (like plum, black cherry, and blackberry macerated in spirits), dried herbs, and a touch of vanilla from the year in oak. The finish gives you some pleasantly ripe fruit skins. A good wine for drinking on its own or partnering with moderately rich dishes.
This estate has been bringing us incredible value since the 90's with the help of the late legendary winemaker of Ornellaia, Tibor Gal, who assisted them in the start of their own winery. The Pellegrini estates include vineyards in some of the most reputable spots in Bolgheri. The home to some of the most well-known Super Tuscans in the world including the highly regarded, Sassicaia. The one place where Bordeaux varietals take precedence over any native Italian grape.
The Pellegrini family have been grape growers for many generations and have sold their grapes to some of the Top Super Tuscan houses for many years. Their property, Casavecchia, is adjacent to the highly regarded Ornellaia and shares many attributes of its more famous neighbor. Somehow, even in this high rent district, Aia Vecchia has brought us an affordable interpretation of this fantastic Mediterranean climate location. This fantastic Super Tuscan is drinking exceptionally well right now!
- Item #: i_302116Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 93Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, & Syrah
JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "A savory, spicy red with dark berries and chocolate and a hint of vanilla on the palate. Medium to full body, very chewy tannins and a flavorful finish. Drink from 2021."
NC is a wine with a decisive, full-bodied character, smooth tannins and a persistent finish. This blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah andSangiovese reveals an exciting potency, with the innate gentleness of Merlot creating a bridge between the evident earthiness of Sangiovese, the aromatic blackcurrant flavour of Cabernet and the warm red berries of Syrah. The result is a generous, rounded red wine, destined for short to medium ageing, with delicious aromas of currants and generous fruit flavours, versatile enough to develop in greater depth during long months in the bottle.
- Item #: i_303489Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Lots of big, dark fruit and a lack of water in the grapes define the unique personality of the 2017 Le Volte dell'Ornellaia. This is a highly extracted and succulent expression that delivers abundant fruit sweetness. The key to this vintage was waiting for proper ripeness, says estate manager and winemaker Axel Heinz. "The grapes continued to get smaller throughout the summer," he says. That lack of water resulted in very concentrated fruit, giving this entry-level wine a rich and modern feel as a result."
- Item #: i_302947Bottle Size: 750MLCabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, and Syrah.
WINERY NOTES - "Insoglio del Cinghiale is our foundation wine. A supple and early maturing wine, Insoglio is a distinctive and distinguished introduction to our project. A medium intense nose of dark fruits, blackberries, some floral notes and a hint of spicy oak in the background. A light to medium rich body with a fine structure and balance. Ready to drink!"
- Item #: i_301456Bottle Size: 750mlMostly Cabernet Sauvignon, backed up by Merlot and Syrah.
WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS -"This is another extremely popular wine that is easily found up and down the Tuscan Coast. This red blend (with the largest part of the blend going to Cabernet Sauvignon) opens to a soft and velvety texture. The 2017 Bolgheri Rosso Il Bruciato offers some noticeable ripeness with black cherry, prune and raisin. But ultimately, the wine shows a good level of freshness because the acidity in the grapes was concentrated (like everything else in this hot vintage)."
- Item #: i_302316Bottle Size: 750MLJames Suckling: 94Wine Enthusiast: 93 PointsFrom Tenuta San Guido, makers of the iconic Sassicaia, comes a wine made for less serious occasions, but maintains the high class of winemaking. Aged in a mix of French and American oak for 15 months, the 2017 edition is made from 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40 % Merlot.
JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "Fresh herbs, cedar, black raspberries, orange peel and citrus. Very balanced and focused on the palate, thanks to cutting acidity, but with firm, chewy tannins that envelop a plethora of red fruit. Drink now."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 93 POINTS - "Subtle aromas of cedar, cassis, tobacco and a whiff of camphor slowly take shape in the glass. A blend of 60% Cabernet Sauvignon and 40% Merlot, the tightly knit, elegant palate delivers dried black cherry, red currant, blood orange and licorice while fine-grained tannins provide tight support. It closes on a coffee-bean note. -Kerin O'Keefe"