- Item #: i_301305Bottle Size: 750MLJames Suckling: 91JAMES SUCKLING 91 POINTS
90% Sangiovese, 10% Merlot and Syrah - The wine is ruby red in color with aromas of ripe red fruit and well amalgamated notes of vanilla and coffee. The palate enjoys a notable support from the acidity, which maintains a pleasurable freshness and persistence of flavor along with soft and sweet tannins which guarantee excellent drinkability.
- Item #: i_301551Bottle Size: 750mlGAMBERO ROSSO GUIDE - 3 GLASS AWARD
Almost no one celebrates Verdicchio... as a white wine that can age to an impressive depth and complexity. Yet it can. And it does.... Garofoli, among others, are creating Verdicchios capable of being taken seriously. Matt Kramer, Wine Spectator
100% Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi Classico Superiore DOC The Podium is an intense, elegant wine with loads of complexity, structure, and potential to age. The estate ensures these qualities by maintaining low yields of very select grapes and maturation in steel tanks of at least one year before bottling. If properly laid down, this wine will drink beautifully over the next 6-10 years.
- Item #: i_301710Bottle Size: 750mlDEMETER CERTIFIED BIODYNAMIC
WINE ENTHUSIAST - "...opens with subtle aromas suggesting mature white stone fruit, dried herb and crushed stone. Mirroring the nose, the lean, linear palate presents unsweetened lemon drop, dried yellow apple slice and a hint of graphite."
WINEMAKER NOTES - "This wine is all about the joy of experimenting and bringing different components together. One part of the grapes was pressed immediately after their arrival at the estate, another part was kept on the skins for 15 hours and the third part was in contact with stems and skins for about one year.
Spontaneous fermentation, partly in large casks and partly in stainless steel tanks.
- Item #: i_301564Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Ripe and spicy, featuring cherry, plum, almond and earth flavors. As this plays out on the finish, leather and tobacco notes join the party and the well-integrated structure provides ample support. Best from 2021 through 2035."
- Item #: i_301560Bottle Size: 750mlA clear and brilliant ruby red in color, the wine shows aromas of ripe red fruit, floral as well, along with spicy and balsamic notes which add freshness and complexity to the wine. The palate is pleasurable, ample and creamy in the initial phase, not excessively muscular or concentrated; the ripe tannins are supple and lively. The length and persistence are underlined by a freshness and savor which, in their turn, add further drinking pleasure.
- Item #: i_305984Bottle Size: 750mlThe Orvieto Classico Superiore "San Giovanni della Sala" in Castello della Sala Antinori is a fresh and balanced white Umbrian wine based on Grechetto, Procanico, Pinot Bianco and Viognier, aged for a short period in steel tanks. It expresses an elegant and delicate personality, with aromas of yellow peaches, pineapples and mixed flowers that flow into a balanced, savory and persistent mouthfeel.
- Item #: i_305716Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 90 PointsJAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "Dried cranberries, dried redcurrants, blueberries, cedar and dried nutmeg. Full-bodied yet very linear and refined with really driven acidity, which permeates the layers of red fruit right through to the tight finish. Drink now or hold."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "The cherry and plum flavors are matched by leather, tobacco and almond notes in this sinewy red. Stays balanced and long, with the ripe fruit offset by dusty tannins. Best from 2020 through 2035."
- Item #: i_380054Bottle Size: 750MLWine Enthusiast: 90 Points90% Sangiovese, 5% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Sauvignon
WINE ENTHUSIAST 90 POINTS - "Red-skinned berry, dark spice and balsamic aromas are front and center on this structured red. The firm, savory palate offers dried black cherry, licorice and grilled herb alongside fine-grained tannins. Drink through 2024.
- Item #: i_305321Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ENTHUSIAST - "Truffle, crushed mint and red berry aromas mingle with a whiff of wild rose. The aromas carry through to the light-bodied, racy palate along with white pepper and a citrus note. A hint of oyster shell gives it a tangy finish."
- Item #: i_305537Bottle Size: 750ml100% Greco from the district of San Paolo. The vines here range from 5 to 60 years old, all of which enjoy an eastern exposure at 500 meters above sea level. Soft pressing of the fruit is followed by fermentation and maturation in stainless steel for 7 months before bottling." —winemaker
- Item #: i_302539Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 91JAMES SUCKLING 91 POINTS - "Lovely aromas of freshly cut herbs, raspberry cheesecake, crushed stones and citrus. Medium body, fine and polished tannins and a fresh, mineral finish with cherry-compote flavors to close. 80 per cent corvina and 20 per cent cabernet."
The project is nothing less than the re-production of a Secco-Bertani wine according to the recipe, style and taste of an earlier age, even down to the original 1930s package design. The old style bottle from the 1920s, the reproduction of the original 1930s label, the short tin capsule and the 6-bottle replica case from the 1940s: these are the details that make this a truly vintage product. Secco-Bertani Original Vintage Edition will be produced every year.
- Item #: i_302834Bottle Size: 750MLEnoteca Bisson is one of the finer wineries in Liguria and it's not often we're able to offer a Cinque Terre white as few make it to the US. Many of our customers return from romantic trips along the Ligurian coastline hoping to find wines from Cinque Terre and we're happy to be able to offer this fantastic wine.
Rosenthal Imports - "Made from a blend of several traditional local grape varieties: Bosco (60% of the blend), Vermentino (20%) and Albarola (20%). The vineyards that produce this wine are situated on south-facing slopes in the hamlet of Volastra in the town of Riomaggiore, the heart of the breathtaking Cinque Terre region. In this instance, [winemaker] Pierluigi Lugano opts to leave this cuvée on the lees for an extended period of time, respecting the old traditions of the region. The result is a full-bodied, earthy wine of immense character, almost briny, with a deeper golden tint to its color than is found in his other whites and marked by the aromas of heather, broom and juniper."
- Item #: i_301229Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91James Suckling: 91JAMES SUCKLING 91 POINTS - "Shows blackberries, balsamic and plenty of cloves, vanilla and roasted herbs. Full body, chewy tannins and a succulent finish."
We are excited to share our bounty of beautiful Barbera wines from Braida. This winery was founded over fifty years ago in Piedmont by Giacomo Bologna who realized the inherent potential of the Barbera grape. Up to that point, others were content to produce simple table wines, which lacked complexity or ageability. Controlling yields in the vineyard and employing strict winemaking practices in the cellar greatly improved the quality of the wine. Giacomo also began using French barriques to age his wine, which was a practice unknown at that time among Barbera winemakers.
Today, the third generation of the family continues their pursuit of elevating the Barbera grape to the status of noble grapes, which is normally reserved for other international varieties. Their efforts have paid off and are apparent in every sip you take. These are fantastic wines of purity and depth.
With strict attention to detail, Braida produces exceptional wines. The Bricco Dell'Uccellone and Ai Suma bottlings are serious wines, which demonstrate the heights which the Barbera grape can attain. The quality is outstanding with a textural mouth feel which is polished from start to finish.
- Item #: i_305702Bottle Size: 750mlThe wine fully expresses all the olfactory characteristics of Nascetta, semi-aromatic grape: citrus, apple, pear, acacia flowers, fresh vegetable, exotic fruit, hay, straw and grapefruit!
The nose has notes of flint and the taste from fruity to salty. This is why it has already been compared to the great white wines of the Rhine.
Great aperitif, will go well with raw fish, white meats and fresh cheeses
- Item #: i_301865Bottle Size: 750mlDecanter: 95 PointsDECANTER 95 POINTS - "Established in 2013 by the Alejandro Bulgheroni Family Vineyards Group, the Podere Brizio estate sits on the South-West facing Montalcino hills, in a unique setting nestled among olive groves. With 11.5 hectares of vineyards in Montalcino's hottest area, the winery focuses on sustainable viticulture philosophies and true expression of terroir within the wines. The hand harvested grapes are traditionally vinified in stainless steel tanks with indigenous yeasts, before ageing for 12 months in large untoasted French oak casks. Nicolas Clerc MS: Precise nose, superb and floral. Elegant and delicate berry fruit, with racy mineral complexity. Balanced, harmonious and long. A class act. Aldo Fiordelli: Extremely well balanced wine with bergamot notes and an almost orange peel tinge. Slightly austere on the tannins, however not without character. Very classic. Susan Hulme MW: Sweet black cherry aromas, almost toffee-like sweetness too. Rich, ripe and complete without being heavy. Lots of savoury tannins and juicy, mouthwatering acidity to keep freshness. Really appealing, yet serious too."
- Item #: i_305881Bottle Size: 750mlGorgeous older-vine Barbera from a terrific vintage. Already has a lovely texture there's more floral character and a tauter nature to the wine, lovely layered clay notes on the palate, leaves the palate clean and fresh with some mineral notes on the finish. This is what Barbera should be, showing incipient balsamic and India ink flavors with fine sweet/tart balance and persistence to the notably fresh fruit flavors.
This cuvée is from a one-hectare or so old-vines plot in Serralunga d'Alba at 350 meters altitude, some of which was planted in 1960 and another parcel planted in 1981.
This is the historic Bricco Fiasco vineyard!
- Item #: i_305502Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 94JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "Dried-strawberry and watermelon aromas follow through to a medium to full body, firm and polished tannins and a flavorful finish. Shows focus and intensity. Drink after 2021."
- Item #: i_301826Bottle Size: 750mlPRACTICING ORGANIC
VINOUS 93 POINTS - "Pale straw yellow. Intense aromas and flavors of lemon juice, jasmine, bergamot, and minerals. A laser beam of steely acidity provides clarity and cut on the very long and saline finish that features repeating floral notes. Well done."
- Item #: i_381856Bottle Size: 750mlFerrini as a consulting enologist for some of the greatest wineries in Italy. One of her crowning achievements has been working with Casanova di Neri when they received a 100 point score from Wine Spectator for the 2001 Brunello Cerretalto. As she continues her consulting business, she also runs her own family winery, Carpineta Fontalpino, along with her brother Filippo producing some of the best Chianti Classico and Super Tuscan wines from her own estate grown fruit.
- Item #: i_301357Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 92Wine Enthusiast: 90 PointsPRACTICING ORGANIC
JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "A ripe and juicy red with hot stone, dried cherry and hints of berry undertones. Full and chewy yet soft and polished texture. A muscular and solid red. "
WINE ENTHUSIAST 90 POINTS - "Made with organically grown Sangiovese, this boasts earthy aromas of black-skinned berry, underbrush and leather. The savory palate delivers Marasca cherry, cinnamon and white pepper alongside polished tannins and vibrant acidity. "
KERMIT LYNCH WINE MERCHANT - "Thick and saucy, it echoes the flavors of herbs and stewed tomatoes with which you’d coat a serving of hot pappardelle. With balance, grip, and rustic, earthy nuances, this is the real deal, straight from the Tuscan countryside."
- Item #: i_301495Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "A beam of pure cherry and blackberry fruit defines this intense, racy red, which is firm and tensile, with fine balance and a lingering aftertaste of vibrant fruit, graphite and tobacco flavors. Sangioveto and Canaiolo. Drink now through 2033."
This Chianti Classico shows well-integrated aromas of tart red cherries, tobacco, sunbaked earth, and a hint of cedar spice. On the palate, firm structure and refreshing acidity make it a very versatile food wine. Grapes are fermented with ambient yeasts partially in stainless steel and in barrel. The wine is then put in cement for up to eight months to rest and lock in its fruity freshness. This is a successful expression with an easy but very clean and lean approach.
Pair this wine with lasagna, ragù sauces, roasted rabbit, or braised veal shank.
- Item #: i_303021Bottle Size: 750mlPelaverga is a grape native to Verduno in Piedmont, and is famous for its spicy aromas. Light and bright, perfect for serving cool (cellar temperature).
WINERY NOTES - "Intense fragrant nose, showing clear spicy overtones of black pepper and nutmeg, as well as fruity sensations reminiscent of cherry cordial and strawberries."
- Item #: i_303904Bottle Size: 750mlDecanter: 93 PointsDECANTER 93 POINTS - "A selection of bunches from Volpaia’s best sites among their 43ha at lofty heights in Radda-in-Chianti. The estate waited until 3 October to start picking in order to bring the grapes in at full ripeness. Distinctly peppery red fruits mark the nose, with rosehip, celery and anise backing them up. The palate is focussed and bright with brisk acidity, though the tannins need time to unwind. Nice tension here."