- Item #: i_302916Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95James Suckling: 98JAMES SUCKLING 98 POINTS - "Very complex aromas of fresh flowers, blackberries and black licorice follow through to a full body, integrated tannins and a long and linear finish. Focused and racy. The tannins are so polished. Better in 2022, but already such a joy to try."
WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon (50%), Petit Verdot (25%), Merlot (20%) and Sangiovese (5%), the 2016 Solengo is a terrific wine and I enjoyed my sample down to the very last drop that I coaxed from the bottle with happy enthusiasm. This is a full-bodied red (but not in an exaggerated manner) with plump and fruit-forward aromas of dark cherry, blackberry, plum, spice and sweet tobacco. The wine is balanced with excellent depth and mouthfeel momentum. I highly recommend this wine from both the 2015 and 2016 vintages, which are both terrific. Some 25,000 bottles were made. Drink through 2035."
- Item #: i_381754Bottle Size: 750mlA beautiful, impeccably balanced wine. There is lovely transparency and elegance to the fruit in an expression of Sangiovese that offers gorgeous roundness in a mid-weight, elegant style. The finish is long, soft and caressing. Even better, this is an outstanding value!
- Item #: i_301646Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Il Toro is an elegant blend of Syrah and Petit Verdot that expresses the benefits of a moderate climate such as Tuscany's, where vines grow naturally without needing irrigation and yield an excellent quantity and quality of fruit. The resulting wine is a bold Super Tuscan that attests to the fact that French varietals can thrive in Tuscany and give exceptional quality, whilst retaining an undeniably Tuscan character.
Beautiful diversity, density in the nose: brambleberry, raspberry, flambéed cherries are tempered by scents of scrub oak hillside, wet nursery and sea side campfire. The palate starts lush with bright red berries and white pepper, leading to firm tannins and forward acidity-- excellent structure! The strength and grip of this bull is lifted by dark red, spicy fruits: plum, redcurrant, cherry cola. Bellisimo!
WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "A blend of Petit Verdot and Syrah, the 2016 Il Toro is a muscular animal that boldly exposes dark fruit, blackberry preserves, dried cherry, spice, leather and spicy cedar. The blend is unique because it pairs the volume and spicy intensity of Syrah with the density, darkness and structure of Petit Verdot. Softer aromas of sweet fruit cede quickly to tar, grilled herb and rich plum. Pair this wine with grilled T-bone steak. This is a bold and expressive wine that opens a new chapter for Filippo Chia and his talented team."
- Item #: i_302344Bottle Size: 750mlRipe dark fruits, notes of telltale Montalcino underbrush and herbs, nimble acidity, and satisfying tannins make this Rosso di Montalcino drink like a true “baby Brunello.” A blend of the best organically grown grapes, this Rosso spends about 18 months in barrel before bottling (regulations require that Brunello spends two years in barrel, making this wine akin to Montalcino’s more famous sibling).
- Item #: i_305333Bottle Size: 750mlThe wine is a blend of Nebbiolo, Croatina, Vespolina, Barbera and other native varieties. The average age of the vines are 60 years CERTIFIED BIODYNAMIC.
ORIGINI is a fruity, mineral and spiced wine produced with the various grapes in the old vineyards grown according to the system called "Maggiorina".
This form of breeding, which has existed for centuries, is made up of three screws, supported by eight chestnut poles, which develop into four cardinal points. The architect Antonelli (designer of "Mole Antonelliana") perfected the bell of the supporting poles, obtaining a self-supporting structure that is more resistant to grain loads.
If the complete manual processing at all the phenological phases of the vineyard, after the 1950s, has led the peasants to abandon this type of breeding, in its recovery it is intended to preserve a significant part of the historic wine heritage of our territory.
- Item #: i_305718Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 9275% Syrah & 25% Sangiovese
WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "First produced in the early 2000s, Il Borro now has a very good track record with this entry-level red blend. The 2016 Pian di Nova is 75% Syrah and 25% Sangiovese that goes into mostly neutral barrique for 12 months. This happy vintage is particularly fresh and direct, with a real sense of brightness and energy in terms of its primary fruit. The wine is medium dark in appearance with a mid-weight feel and plenty of fresh fruit and soft tannins to follow. I can't imagine a better choice for your favorite pasta dish."
- Item #: i_301594Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91James Suckling: 92JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "Ripeness and intensity here with dark berries, dark chocolate, walnuts and sage on the nose, following through to a full body, round and chewy tannins and a ripe-fruit finish. Better in 2020."
WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Lucente is a blend of Sangiovese and Merlot and represents the estate's second wine. This is an attractive and accessible mid-weight wine to pair with grilled meats or aged cheese. The primary fruit is bright and vibrant with layers of fresh cherry, plum and blackberry. Those fruit tones are tied together by lighter tones of spice and leather."
- Item #: i_302509Bottle Size: 750mlThe latest release of the fantastic Baracchi O’Lillo Super Tuscan has arrived. In just a couple of years, this wine has become a staff and customer favorite and it’s easy to see why. The latest release of this red blend is another stunning wine, offering great purity of fruit and tremendous flavor. This creative blend showcases layers of perfectly ripened dark fruit flavors including currant, blackberry and black cherry. The rich fruit of this full-bodied Super Tuscan hits all the right notes in a very crowd pleasing style.
The Baracchi estate has become the most prominent estate winery in Cortona, and one of the most recognized in Tuscany. The stunning labels reflect the family’s passion for falconry. Recent press has created a strong demand for Baracchi wines in the U.S. and solidified the brand’s position as one of the most sought after newcomers from Italy on the market. So delicious on its own, this wine also pairs beautifully with a range of foods, including Italian favorites and meat dishes.
- Item #: i_302899Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 97JAMES SUCKLING 97 POINTS - "This has a wonderful texture of beautiful, ultra-fine tannins, complex character of dark fruit, currants, hazelnuts and light chocolate. Goes on for minutes. Give it three or four years of bottle age but already so delicious. Drink in 2022."
Tua Rita is among the most consistent producers in Tuscany. This estate offers an excellent and exciting assortment of Tuscan red wines year after year. This new set of releases shows that the wind continues to blow into the Tua Rita sails.