- Item #: i_301902Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93James Suckling: 93Wine Enthusiast: 94 PointsGAMBERO ROSSO GUIDE - TRE BICCHIERI (3 GLASSES) 2014 Vintage
WINE ENTHUSIAST 94 POINTS - "Exotic spice, mature black-skinned fruit, espresso and French oak are just some of the aromas you'll find on this delicious, full-bodied red. Boasting an enviable combination of concentrated flavors and elegance, it delivers flavors of ripe black cherry, prune steeped in spirits, vanilla bean and licorice framed by enveloping fine-grained tannins. Fresh acidity lifts the rich flavors while a coffee note lingers on the finish. Drink through 2026."
WINEMAKER NOTES - "A fresh, creamy, medium- to full-bodied red, with fine, supple tannins layered with flavors of crushed black raspberry, fig cake and spiced orange, offering a subtle, savory underpinning of smoky mineral and tobacco that lingers on the finish. Long and elegant."
Corvina, Corvinone, Rondinella and Oseleta are left to air dry at least until December and are checked daily to ensure perfectly healthy grapes. Lengthy refining and ageing finally yields a red wine that has become emblematic of Italian oenology, alongside Barolo and Brunello di Montalcino.
- Item #: i_302119Bottle Size: 750mlThe Scamperle family Has cultivated vineyards for generations. They have twenty hectares of property, located in the best areas of Valpolicella Classica. The grapes are selected and then laid out for drying on drying tables in a well ventilated area for 5 months. Corvina, Rondinella, Croatina, Dindarella, Sangiovese and Corvinone. Aged minimum 3 years in Slovenian oak casks (60%) and in barriques (40%), 8 months in the bottle for the final aging process.Perfect for game, strong cheeses, roasted red meats.
- Item #: i_301159Bottle Size: 750mlJAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "The balance in this Amarone is so beautiful with chocolate, berry, walnut and cedar character. Medium to full body, polished and silky tannins and a flavorful finish. Always in balance. Wonderful to drink now."
- Item #: i_301900Bottle Size: 750MLWINE SPECTATOR-"Finely balanced and mouthwatering, with a plush mix of dried cherry and raspberry fruit, Earl Grey tea and subtle hints of woodsy spice and smoke, backed by sculpted tannins. Drink now through 2026."
Monte Faustino, named for its location in the hilltop hamlet of Monte Faustini, is located in the heart of the historic Classico zone of Valpolicella. The wines are vinified in an original 16th century cellar that was renovated by the Fornaser family who first started harvesting grapes here in the early 20th century.
- Item #: i_305829Bottle Size: 750mlThe estate’s biodynamic credentials are serious. Certified by Demeter, Europe’s largest certification body, Musella’s team uses only naturally sourced fertilizer, among other solutions, to ensure that the natural beauty and health of their 60 vineyard acres remains in balance.
TASTING IMPRESSIONS: Aromas of leather, cinnamon, cloves, black cherry jam. Textured, velvety; flavors of black cherries, cooked plums.
PAIRING SUGGESTIONS: Grilled pork sausages; red-wine based beef stew with herbs; aged sheep’s cheeses; dark chocolate (70%)
- Item #: i_301345Bottle Size: 750mlThis superb wine, and the pride of the Valpolicella region, comes from a selection of grapes left to dry on trays for about 4 months in a meticulous process of drying and a 3-4 years ageing process in Slavonian oak barrels. It is refined in the bottle for at least 1 year, allowing it to develop its complex range of aromas and flavors.
- Item #: i_301676Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92James Suckling: 93JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "Another Amarone with crystal clear character of cherry and plum, fresh flowers and hints of lemons. Full body, super linear tannins and a long and focused finish. A wine with elegance and structure. Edgy."
Winemaker Notes - "Deep red color and very intense bouquet with spicy, aromatic and jammy notes combining power and finesse, prelude to a palate that is rich, sensuous, highly structured and complex, lingering finish. This wine can be enjoyed as a meditation wine, but is excellent when paired with red meats, game, and seasoned cheeses."
Blend: 70% Corvina Veronese, 25% Rondinella, 5% Corvinone