- Item #: i_301902Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93James Suckling: 93Wine Enthusiast: 94 PointsGAMBERO ROSSO GUIDE - TRE BICCHIERI (3 GLASSES) 2014 Vintage
WINE ENTHUSIAST 94 POINTS - "Exotic spice, mature black-skinned fruit, espresso and French oak are just some of the aromas you'll find on this delicious, full-bodied red. Boasting an enviable combination of concentrated flavors and elegance, it delivers flavors of ripe black cherry, prune steeped in spirits, vanilla bean and licorice framed by enveloping fine-grained tannins. Fresh acidity lifts the rich flavors while a coffee note lingers on the finish. Drink through 2026."
WINEMAKER NOTES - "A fresh, creamy, medium- to full-bodied red, with fine, supple tannins layered with flavors of crushed black raspberry, fig cake and spiced orange, offering a subtle, savory underpinning of smoky mineral and tobacco that lingers on the finish. Long and elegant."
Corvina, Corvinone, Rondinella and Oseleta are left to air dry at least until December and are checked daily to ensure perfectly healthy grapes. Lengthy refining and ageing finally yields a red wine that has become emblematic of Italian oenology, alongside Barolo and Brunello di Montalcino.
- Item #: i_302119Bottle Size: 750mlThe Scamperle family Has cultivated vineyards for generations. They have twenty hectares of property, located in the best areas of Valpolicella Classica. The grapes are selected and then laid out for drying on drying tables in a well ventilated area for 5 months. Corvina, Rondinella, Croatina, Dindarella, Sangiovese and Corvinone. Aged minimum 3 years in Slovenian oak casks (60%) and in barriques (40%), 8 months in the bottle for the final aging process.Perfect for game, strong cheeses, roasted red meats.
- Item #: i_301159Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 94Wine Enthusiast: 94 PointsJAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "Lots of complexity comes through from the outset on the nose, borne out in terms of smoky black cherries, dried rose stems, asphalt, tar and licorice. Full, structured body that dives through layers of dark fruit, driven along by active acidity all the way to the long but not cloying finish."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 94 POINTS - "Cocoa, baked plum, toast, culinary spice and leather aromas shape the nose. Full bodied and elegant, the smooth, dense palate doles out fleshy black cherry, blackberry jam, licorice and clove while velvety tannins provide structure. It closes on an espresso note. "
- Item #: i_301900Bottle Size: 750MLWINE SPECTATOR-"Finely balanced and mouthwatering, with a plush mix of dried cherry and raspberry fruit, Earl Grey tea and subtle hints of woodsy spice and smoke, backed by sculpted tannins. Drink now through 2026."
Monte Faustino, named for its location in the hilltop hamlet of Monte Faustini, is located in the heart of the historic Classico zone of Valpolicella. The wines are vinified in an original 16th century cellar that was renovated by the Fornaser family who first started harvesting grapes here in the early 20th century.
- Item #: i_305829Bottle Size: 750mlThe estate’s biodynamic credentials are serious. Certified by Demeter, Europe’s largest certification body, Musella’s team uses only naturally sourced fertilizer, among other solutions, to ensure that the natural beauty and health of their 60 vineyard acres remains in balance.
TASTING IMPRESSIONS: Aromas of leather, cinnamon, cloves, black cherry jam. Textured, velvety; flavors of black cherries, cooked plums.
PAIRING SUGGESTIONS: Grilled pork sausages; red-wine based beef stew with herbs; aged sheep’s cheeses; dark chocolate (70%)