- Item #: i_302396Bottle Size: 750MLJames Suckling: 98JAMES SUCKLING 98 POINTS - "Superb aromas of ripe fruit such as plums and berries with peaches and tar. Very intense. Full body, great depth and density. Incredible richness and power with superb length and persistence. One of the most dense and vertical Falletos I have tasted. Try in 2025."
- Item #: i_303643Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 100JAMES SUCKLING 100 POINTS - "I am lost for words with this wine. Perfumed and so elegant with the most exquisite aromas of roses, plums and earth. Yet always subtle and complex. Full body, ultra-fine and firm tannins. Upgraded. Fantastic finish that lasts for minutes. Try in 2026."
- Item #: i_301907Bottle Size: 750mlDark ruby with light reflex grainy, brilliant. Very intense, with distinguishing mark of maraschino and green tobacco notes, soft violet and minerals taste. Juicy, smooth, refreshing acidity, very persistent. Serve with: Excellent with risotto, stuffed ravioli, roasted and braised meats, game; hard aged cheeses.
- Item #: i_305502Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93James Suckling: 94WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "A briny mineral note in the aroma signals this high-tension red. There is ample fruit and flesh on the palate, with cherry, strawberry, stone and white pepper flavors. Tightens up again on the finish. Best from 2021 through 2038."
JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "Sweet berry and cherry aromas with hints of flowers following through to a full body, with lots of fruit and chewy tannins. A long and rich finish. Needs four to five years of bottle age."
- Item #: i_303516Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 95JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "Classic aromas of tar and roses with spices, strawberries and some leather. Full body, round and firm tannins and a chewy finish. A beautiful and unique wine from a great vineyard."
- Item #: i_301324Bottle Size: 750ml100% Barbara,Giulio Grasso, along with his wife Luciana and their three daughters, is at the helm of the 22 hectare Treiso based winery, with holdings on some of the best sites throughout Barbaresco, including a plot in the prestigious Asili vineyard.Their winemaking philosophy has successfully integrated new technology with traditional winemaking methods that have been safeguarded since the 1880s, producing wines that respect the Langhe region’s unique terroir characteristics.This Barbara is a garnet colored wine with deep ruby red and purplish highlights; nose vinous and intensely fruity, with nice hints of red currants and raspberries; taste fresh and vibrant on the mouth, showing a long, rich, smooth flavour.A great match too for cooked and raw cold cuts, stewed meats, and medium-mature fatty cheeses.
- Item #: i_301306Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 90Vinous Media: 90James Suckling: 92ORGANICALLY FARMED & PRACTCING BIODYNAMIC
25% Cabernet Franc, 25% Merlot, 16% Sangiovese, 14% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Petit Verdot, 7% Alicante and 6% Syrah
Sangiovese, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon are blended to create a soft, luscious wine that's loaded with bright cherry, rich chocolate and mocha flavors.
- Item #: i_302477Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93+James Suckling: 94JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "A wealth of fruit yet remains fresh and vivid with blueberry and black cherry character. Some bark and dried earth. Full body, integrated tannins and a flavorful finish. Better than 2012. Drink or hold."
WINE ADVOCATE 93+ POINTS - "The 2013 Brunello di Montalcino exhibits impressive balance and integrity. It contrasts the delicate sweetness of the fruit very nicely against the more ethereal and licorice-like aromas that come so naturally to Sangiovese grown in the spectacular Montalcino appellation. This is a fine wine from Camigliano, an estate that absolutely excels in classic and slightly cooler vintages like 2013. The winemaking is also impeccable, with balanced intensity and integrated tannins. There is a playful note of cherry sweetness on the close that I very much identify with the distinctive Camigliano wine identity. Some 150,000 bottles were produced. Congratulations on a wine well made."
- Item #: i_303322Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 95WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - - "Loads of balsamic aromas and flavors--juniper, rosemary, thyme, olive--along with cherry, sanguine and tobacco notes are the hallmarks of this intense red. Well-integrated and complex, building to a long aftertaste. Best from 2021 through 2035. 3,400 cases made."
WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Canalicchio di Sopra is high on my shortlist of favorite producers in Montalcino. The 2012 Brunello di Montalcino is a sumptuous wine made according to carefully considered criteria. Every step of the winemaking process represents a selection of sorts, culminating in an expression of extremes. The precision, the focus and the pristine nature of the aromas cannot be exaggerated. It is such a pleasure to taste a wine of this caliber and distinction. Aromas of dark fruit and savory spice find seamless integration. Background tones of balsam herb, cola and licorice add a superior level of complexity. In the mouth, the wine is polished, fine and silky. The mouthfeel is thinner compared to 2011 and 2010. Otherwise, this is a fabulously elegant Brunello."
- Item #: i_305366Bottle Size: 750mlCantine del Notaio is a Demeter certified Biodynamic estate located in the rugged volcanic hills of Mount Vulture in Basilicata.
Cantine del Notaio is a Demeter certified Biodynamic estate located in the rugged volcanic hills of Mount Vulture in Basilicata. Gerardo Giuratabocchetti embraces a passion for Aglianico that has been passed down through his family for generations. He and his wife, Marcella, also share a respect for nature and the environment, and the intrinsic vitality of their soil, which has ultimately taken them down the path to Biodynamic farming, which they feel brings forth the potential of Aglianico and wines of extraordinary potential.
The l’Atto Aglianico is darkly colored in the glass with a savory perfume of minty red and black forest berries and damp earth. Robust and well structured in the mouth, with layered complexity and hearty tannins and a good chewy texture that carries the fruit into the finish. This is a wine for rich autumnal and wintery slow cooked dishes, as well as for pasta dishes with hearty sauce and strong cheese.
- Item #: i_301015Bottle Size: 750mlWINERY NOTES - "Pinot Bianco has always been one of the most important wines at Cantina Terlano; it lends powerful expression to the terroir where our grapes mature. As a varietal, the delicate and above all mineral Pinot Bianco, is a hallmark of the winery. On the nose this classic Pinot Bianco scores with crisp notes of pear mingling with aromas of raspberry and lime, plus a touch of camomile and lemon grass to round off the composition. Body and balance sum up the Pinot Bianco, which intrigues the palate with the fruit of the pear and quince aromas combined with a salty minerality. The wine tickles the tongue and goes on to deliver a persistent aftertaste."
- Item #: i_303591Bottle Size: 750mlThe Montepulciano grape in Abruzzo makes some of the easiest-drinking wines in the world. Each sip delivers a mouthful of ripe berries, leather and black pepper with subtle hints of oregano, dried herbs and a touch of vanilla; all leading to a dry and supple finish.
Recommended food: Assertive, full-flavored "country style" cooking such as: Venison or rabbit stew; Ossobuco; Roast leg of lamb; Spaghetti puttanesca; Pasta with sausage, pepper and onions; Roast duck with green peppercorn sauce.
- Item #: i_303005Bottle Size: 750mlFrom the volcanic Mt. Vulture area of Italy's Basilicata region comes this rich and spicy Aglianico, aged in French barrique for a year. "Impenetrable garnet ruby red. Very elegant to the nose, [reminicent] of marasca with spicy and liquorice notes. Rich, full with remarkable cherry notes and a marasca ending lightly spiced. Tannins are soft and pleasant." - Winery Notes
- Item #: i_301672Bottle Size: 500ml50% Guarnaccia and 50% Malvasia, 25 kilos of Moscato of Saracena every hl of must.
The nose is intense and persistant, exquisite, with scents of apricot, dried figs and candied orange peel. The palate is sweet, and very persistant with flavors of peach, fig, dates and candied orange.
Pairs best with almond pastries and dried fruit pastries; tarts with apricot jam or orange marmalade, dried figs, chocolate. It is extremely tasty with herb-flavored cheese and semi-matured pecorino.
- Item #: i_303331Bottle Size: 750mlCapichera is a small winery on the island of Sardinia, Italy. It is here that the Vermentino grapes acquire the valuable features that help to make the Vermentino Capichera the excellent white wine that makes its producers so proud to baptize this bottle with the same name of the winery. This white wine with golden reflections, has really bewitched us using the deep complexity that will astonish the palate. A unique Vermentino, fragrant, charismatic, without ever being a banal wine. The Vermentino Capichera recounts a story that is beautiful to listen to. It is the story of a landscape and of his rich and generous land, about its elegant synergy with the grape.
AROMA Floral, rich and complex, hawthorn, wild flowers, rosemary, lavender, wisteria, thyme, pineapple and flint
TASTE Full and rich, fruity and aromatic, with rich mineral flavor and elegance, long and lingering finish
- Item #: i_303344Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "This is another fabulous wine from Giacomo Neri. The 2011 Brunello di Montalcino Tenuta Nuova is a deeply layered expression with bold tones of dark fruit that are softened and enhanced by spice, leather, tobacco and balsam herb. The wine is very beautiful and polished with slightly less depth and complexity compared the outstanding (100 point) vintage that precedes it. Despite the vintage variation, this is a wine of enormous pedigree and importance. It is generous and confident with a presentation that offers purity, intensity and persistence."
- Item #: i_305037Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS - "The 2012 Brunello di Montalcino Cerretalto offers a prolonged, flowing and carefully massaged drinking experience that drapes over the senses with some studied intensity and lots of intriguing complexity. This wine nails that perfect balance between power and elegance (that elusive exchange that so many winemakers hope to achieve) with effortless precision. Bold cherry fruit and spice are tightly woven together. In the mouth, the wine shows texture, depth and succulence. Generally speaking, this is not my favorite vintage in Montalcino, but this wine suddenly made me forget that thought."
- Item #: i_305454Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93+Wine Spectator: 93Casanova di Neri has most certainly had its share of accolades and praise with all the estate wines including the Brunello di Montalcino 'White Label', the newest project 'Tenuta Nuova' (literally translated new estate) and the small single vineyard of Cerretalto. Just to name a few, Last years 2012 'White Label' made #4 Top 100 Wine Spectator with 95 Points, the 2010 'Tenuta Nuova' received 100 points in Wine Advocate, and of course not forgetting the first time Giacomo Neri set off fireworks...the 2001 'Tenuta Nuova' making 2006 Wine Spectator Wine of the Year!
With the 2013 Classic Vintage that just arrived, we are excited to share with you another great showing of Casanova di Neri Brunello! And with the press of this vintage just ramping up, we suggest you get enough to put a few away! These wines are made to enjoy now and cellar for 25+ years.
WINE ADVOCATE 93+ POINTS - "It's that time of year: get your Neri on. This blockbuster Montalcino estate has released another fantastic collection of new wines, including the 2013 Brunello di Montalcino. Beautifully executed, the wine oozes forth from the glass with round, supple and velvety fruit. This Brunello Annata is luscious and deep, with millefoglie aromatic layering that peels back slowly and carefully. The mouthfeel is less elaborate compared to the estate's top expressions, but the bouquet does much to push this score into the low nineties. Some 80,000 bottles were produced."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "This is focused, with a vivid structure driving the cherry, leather, spice and earth flavors. Dusty tannins follow up, while this remains fresh on the lingering finish. Best from 2020 through 2033."
- Item #: i_303037Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 98WINE SPECTATOR 98 POINTS - "This intense version is concentrated, with black cherry, blackberry, graphite, tobacco and spice flavors, yet remains light-footed due to the racy profile. Structured, yet beautifully balanced and youthful. Shows purity and length on the aftertaste, which introduces a floral component. Best from 2022 through 2045. 814 cases made, 150 cases imported."
- Item #: i_305898Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97Wine Spectator: 96James Suckling: 98Casanova di Neri has most certainly had its share of accolades and praise with all the estate wines including the Brunello di Montalcino 'White Label', the newest project 'Tenuta Nuova' (literally translated new estate) and the small single vineyard of Cerretalto. Just to name a few, Last years 2012 'White Label' made #4 Top 100 Wine Spectator with 95 Points, the 2010 'Tenuta Nuova' received 100 points in Wine Advocate, and of course not forgetting the first time Giacomo Neri set off fireworks...the 2001 'Tenuta Nuova' making 2006 Wine Spectator Wine of the Year!
With the 2013 Classic Vintage that just arrived, we are excited to share with you another great showing of Casanova di Neri Brunello! And with the press of this vintage just ramping up, we suggest you get enough to put a few away! These wines are made to enjoy now and cellar for 25+ years. This anniversary edition will be one of the best wine purchases you make this year.
WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "Casanova di Neri's 2013 Brunello di Montalcino Tenuta Nuova is celebrating its 20th anniversary (1993-2013), and a special gold-label edition of the wine was made to commemorate this important milestone. I tasted the white label for this review. This is a bold and expressive Brunello that displays tightly knit aromas of Morello cherry, spice, leather and balsam herb that are the building blocks of the most beautiful Brunellos that come to mind. The Casanova di Neri house style implies a modern and sophisticated approach for sure. But the inner spirit and texture of Sangiovese is so fine and polished in its natural state that it hardly matters. The personality of the grape shines through with a loud and confident voice."
WINE SPECTATOR 'HOT WINES' 96 POINTS - "Sweet, ripe strawberry and cherry fruit melds seamlessly with the dense, refined structure of this red. Saline, licorice and spice accents add complexity as this lingers gracefully on the finish. Terrific harmony and expression."
JAMES SUCKLING 98 POINTS - "A vivid and bright red with intense blueberries and raspberries. Floral undertones and tons of citrus, too! Full-bodied, dense and layered. Polished tannins and fantastic fruit. The muscularity of the structure is what gives this wine focus and intensity. So serious for the vintage. Give it time to show its greatness. Drink in 2022."
- Item #: i_381754Bottle Size: 750mlA beautiful, impeccably balanced wine. There is lovely transparency and elegance to the fruit in an expression of Sangiovese that offers gorgeous roundness in a mid-weight, elegant style. The finish is long, soft and caressing. Even better, this is an outstanding value!
- Item #: i_303324Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Vinous Media: 91WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Voliero is a second brand made by Uccelliera's Andrea Cortonesi. It's slightly more affordable but that's a tricky argument to make given the new sky high price points I'm seeing across the denomination. The Voliero 2012 Brunello di Montalcino is a very pretty expression with dark fruit and an impressive sense of purity and primary fruit authenticity. At its core, you will encounter savory tones of spice, tobacco and leather. The bouquet also offers those beautifully polished Sangiovese-driven aromas of licorice, blue violets and balsam herb. The mouthfeel is succulent and rich. This is a very respectable Brunello that should age forward for at least ten years."
- Item #: i_305560Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ENTHUSIAST - "Woodland berry, balsamic herb, tilled soil and eucalyptus aromas lead the nose along with a hint of coffee. The full-bodied palate offers black cherry, raspberry jam, licorice and vanilla alongside enveloping fine-grained tannins. A hint of sage marks the finish. Drink 2019–2025."