- Item #: i_305558Bottle Size: 1.5LVinous Media: 98ANTONIO GALLONI; VINOUS 98 POINTS - "A wine of extraordinary finesse, the 2013 Percarlo is utterly magnificent. Creamy and beautifully layered in the glass, the 2013 speaks to finesse more than the power and explosiveness that is often found here. With time in the glass, the mid-palate fleshes out and the flavors gain in intensity and darkness. When young, Percarlo is often forbiddingly tannic, but the gradual move towards larger format barrels and casks has, among other things, given the wine much more textural elegance. I can't wait to see how it ages. This is one of the most complete and strikingly beautiful wines of the vintage."
- Item #: i_303563Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97ORGANICALLY FARMED
San Giusto a Rentennano's flagship wine is 100% Sangiovese picked from the best lots and aged for 22 months in small French oak barrels along with larger formats. The result is one of the finest full-body, structured reds in the world, with exceptional depth and ripe texture from a celebrated warm and dry vintage. This was our wine buyer's #1 pick for the top Italian wines of 2019. While this wine will take 10 years (and more) of ageing in stride, you can decant for several hours and enjoy with the richest of meals.
ANTONIO GALLONI, VINOUS 98 POINTS - "The 2015 Percarlo, the estate's 100% Sangiovese, towers in the glass with huge, dark fruit to match its powerful, vertical structure. Ample and expansive on the palate, with huge textural depth, the 2015 is a total stunner. The darker, more muscular side of Sangiovese emerges in this gorgeous, absolutely stunning wine. Black cherry, lavender, spice and smoke overtones fill out the wine's big frame effortlessly. Proprietor Luca Martini di Cigala aged the 2015 in a combination of cask and tonneau. The 2015 Percarlo is a riveting wine readers will not want to miss."
WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "The 2015 Percarlo is a sassy and bright wine with great purity and definition. b>This is the full package for all you Sangiovese lovers out there. The wine is round and slightly soft in the middle, owing a lot to that 2015 sunshine. A deeply etched and sophisticated expression, the Percarlo takes a little while to open in the glass: This review is based on my impressions from two tasting, one right after the bottle was opened and a second about 12 hours later. Ultimately, the wine presented a 360-degree perspective onto Sangiovese, with the freshness, the softness and the succulence that you are looking for in the grape and plenty of those variety-pure aromas of purple berry, wild rose and tilled earth. The way the wine impacts the palate is of particular interest because you get fullness and extraction that is all magically rendered light and buoyant thanks to that crisp acidity."
- Item #: i_301054Bottle Size: 750mlORGANICALLY FARMED
95% Sangiovese, 5% Canaiolo
ANTONIO GALLONI; VINOUS 92 POINTS - "The 2017 Chianti Classico is rich, ample and beautifully textured, with all of the natural richness of the year on display. Super-ripe dark cherry, plum, mocha, spice and licorice infuse a decidedly dark, brooding Chianti Classico. A dollop of whole clusters adds freshness and perfume, but readers should expect a big, potent Chianti Classico with serious fruit intensity as well as structure. I would prefer to cellar the 2017 to allow some of the baby fat to melt away."
- Item #: i_302967Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 95Vinous Media: 93PRACTICING ORGANIC
WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "The Fausoni zone provides sandy and clay soils, and you get more power here than from the other locations. These vines are 35 to 40 years old, and the 2016 Barbaresco Fausoni lets fly those menthol notes that are so characteristic of this vineyard in Neive. Slightly more balsamic in its aromatic profile than the other Barbarescos, this expression of Nebbiolo, sitting sur lies for two years, shows a very different tannic feel in a wine that offers surprising freshness and purity. Those minty Neive notes, its direct and linear nature, plus the very precise and sharply managed tannins make this cru a winner in my book. Some 6,000 bottles were made."
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "Crushed raspberry, rose petal, orange peel and mint lift from the glass in the 2016 Barbaresco Fausoni. Gracious and exquisitely beautiful, the 2016 is a wine of total class. Perfectly ripe, sweet tannins add to an impression of finesse. The 2016 is vivid, translucent and incredibly expressive, with a slightly darker tonality of fruit than the 2015 tasted alongside it."
- Item #: i_305379Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 94+ANTONIO GALLONI 94+ POINTS - "The 2014 Barbaresco Masseria is superb. Dark, ample and structured, the 2014 captures all the pedigree of this important Barbaresco vintage. As always, the Vietti's Masseria is a wine that has Barolo-like structure and depth, partly because it is vinified and aged pretty much along the same lines as those wines. I expect the 2014 will require at least a handful of years to shed some tannin and start showing some of its inherent inner sweetness. There is so much to look forward to. Bright acids and a firm spine of tannin give the red-toned fruit energy and vivacity throughout."